COMMUNITY HOSPICE Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work.
Healthcare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 11, 2017
I enjoyed working with the doctors. I was able to work with the Chief Resident at Shands Hospitalto create simulations used for training other physicians. I wrote and acted in them. It was very fun. The competition was tough and I had to work very hard to maintain and increase my market share. My manager taught me alot about the industry as well as sales and marketing for a non-profit organization. She was great to work for.
Pros
Job culture was great and being independent lead to my success.
Cons
Discussing death and dying daily.
Fun and productive working environment
Office Support Project (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 3, 2017
Wonderful charity and a great atmosphere. Everyone is nice and professional. Staff members are wonderful and everything is organized and runs smoothly. Great volunteers and opportunities.
Pros
Volunteers
Cons
No Salaries
Great job if management likes you
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Salem, OHMarch 15, 2017
I absolutely loved my job with Community Hospice. However, with management, the right hand did not follow what the left hand instructed me to do. Hence, it all rolls down hill and no one would defend you and it was an useless battle. It was all about referrals. Other former employees feel the same way. Patients and families were great and made it worth the other nonsense
Pros
Patiennts and families
Great working conditions
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHMarch 2, 2017
Some of the greatest people that I have ever worked with. Even on a coworkers worst day they are still better than most. The dedication of the employees is noticeable at every level from patient care through administration.
Pros
Great work-life balance
Cons
None that I can think of!
Community Hospice is a wonderful place to work.
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vidalia, GAJanuary 30, 2017
Community Hospice is an independently owned Hospice in Southeast Georgia. The management and the employees are on the same page. Patient care some first. This job can be joyful and heartbreaking all in the same day. BUT the rewards are so worth. My cup runneth over every day I worked there.
Pros
The people and the patients
End of Life Care
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Had the opportunity to experience working with not just the Elderly, but with people in general in the Hospice setting battling different types of illnesses in the home setting....
Pros
Being able to care for them at home in their time of needs....
Cons
Knowing their in the end of Life stages and watching their health decline....
wonderful
Comfort care/Crisis intervention (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 13, 2016
i loved working with community hospice and working with my patients and their families in time of need.I would go back there in a second.
I gave baths and loved on Pts
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 2, 2016
I was in the facilities then I went to the bath team and it was so rewarding because I gave baths and showers and made the clients feel clean and loved on them while they were slowly dying
Worthwhile work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 1, 2016
Hospice is good work with good people. However, lately the organization is hyper fixated on money at the expense of providing a supportive working environment and staff retention.
Pros
Flexible schedule, rewarding work
Cons
High workload
Daily work day
CNA (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 16, 2016
The hardest part of the job was when a pt passed and helping the families thru it.

The most enjoyable moment was to be able to be there for the families and if family wasn't present . Being able to hold pt's hand when they took their last breath
Pros
Comfort families
Cons
When pt passed
Difficult Work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYMarch 25, 2015
Physically demanding, emotionally draining, would be nice if you could get a little more pay and work fewer hours. A 12 hr day is really too long for this type of work and not healthy for a person to do more than 30 hrs a week. It does take it's toll over time as well. They excel at what they do and do it with sensitivity and grace, but it's a calling. You're not gonna get rich doing this work, but you will leave every day with a sense of satisfaction that you made a difference in the world today.
Pros
You do something that matters in the world.
Cons
Exhausting
Co workers were great to work with.
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALFebruary 1, 2015
The patients were great and so was the staff. I would go to the patient's home, and help them with getting dress, bathe, esc...
Horrible work environment
nurse (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 22, 2014
Many of the employees and managers are extremely unkind and disrespectful. An average workday consists of being verbally eviscerated by supervisors, wasting time in pointless meetings, and actually getting and opportunity to help hospice clients at some point, however rushed because you must either work for free on your own time or not provide care to desired standard. Patients and families were wonderful and appreciative but can't overshadow job horrors.
Pros
air conditioned building
Cons
everything
Clinical environment; "Comfort" being number one
Front Office/Foundation/Marketing (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 5, 2014
Please review my resume or contact me for personal quesitons regarding my current job.
Makes me sick thinking about it
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 11, 2014
Quality and compassionate care is what Community Hospice states is their mission…it is far from true. Where should I even start? When I first got hired a little over a year ago, I was excited...I was thrilled. However, after a short time of working there it was clear to me that most of the upper management were cold, hypocritical and out only for them, this of course trickles down to the rest of the staff. In our staff meetings many of the workers refuse to sit next to their own managers because some of the management is so cold. One day I was sitting in the office and I heard a member of upper management say, “we can’t help just everyone who needs it, we have to also make money.” I was dumbfounded. It clearly states in the Mission statement that Community hospice will help everyone in need…”regardless of ability to pay. “The workers (in general) are very unhappy, unmotivated and are quickly exiting to go work for another hospice provider in the area. When upper management is a mess and disconnected from most of the departments (yes, I am talking about some of the new crew from Mississippi,) they simply cannot know all of the issues and have promoted people who have no management experience at all. I worked hard for them and in the end they decided to let me go by making up lies about me, and my work ethic. I was told by a nurse when I first started that if Community Hospice wanted anyone gone, they would make life a living hell until either the person quit or they let them go. In my case, I was lied about and treated horribly until they walked me out the door. I feel betrayed  more... and hurt that a company I once admired so much turned out to be a big fat fraud.  less
Pros
I don't know
Cons
Pretty much everything
Serious Issues
employee (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 11, 2014
The company has serious issues currently with their new CEO and the challenges to adjust to that. Multiple managers have been fired and walked out of the building. Other departments are run with no organizational sense. If you are someone who can't make it in the real world of business than this is the place for you. They protect those that are illogical. If you like to be micromanaged, and not to be promoted or appreciated....then this is the place for you to work.
Pros
There are some good people there and hospice is a good thing
Cons
Unorganized and unappreciative of their employees
fastpace fun environment
Kitchen Assistant / Facilities Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 23, 2014
very busy day at work i learned how to manage far as auditing.I got along with my co-workers very well.The hardest part are to get everything done knowing that i hath to manage cash register.The most enjoyable part of my job was interracting with employees and patients.
Pros
free lunches, bonuses, off on weekends
Cons
no cons
love these kind hearted people
Customer service completion (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2014
while in the job i loved the fact that everyone who worked there loved what they do and enjoy their job; Because of this the enviroment is enjoyable and up beat. customer service is the best!
Fun culture
Driver/Production (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 21, 2013
The co-workers where fun but There was no room for advancement during the time that I was there.
Helping patients and family at the end of life
LPN (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 20, 2013
I love the people I work with as we share a common bond in the work we do in the community. Each day is a learning experience as no one family or patient goes through the dying process the same way. You need to be flexible with your families and remember that this is their journey not yours. You always have to walk in with a fresh smile,ready to serve, and no sign of what you just left no matter how hard or sad,because the next family needs you just as much. The hardest part of my job is loosing a young patient...the best part is helping my patients pass with dignity,peace and comfort and having a family say thank you.
Pros
I always leave with more then I came with...
Cons
No room for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COMMUNITY HOSPICE. Our community is ready to answer.