COMMUNITY HOSPICE Employee Reviews in United States

Daily work day
CNA (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 16, 2016
The hardest part of the job was when a pt passed and helping the families thru it.

The most enjoyable moment was to be able to be there for the families and if family wasn't present . Being able to hold pt's hand when they took their last breath
Pros
Comfort families
Cons
When pt passed
Difficult Work
CNA (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYMarch 25, 2015
Physically demanding, emotionally draining, would be nice if you could get a little more pay and work fewer hours. A 12 hr day is really too long for this type of work and not healthy for a person to do more than 30 hrs a week. It does take it's toll over time as well. They excel at what they do and do it with sensitivity and grace, but it's a calling. You're not gonna get rich doing this work, but you will leave every day with a sense of satisfaction that you made a difference in the world today.
Pros
You do something that matters in the world.
Cons
Exhausting
Co workers were great to work with.
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALFebruary 1, 2015
The patients were great and so was the staff. I would go to the patient's home, and help them with getting dress, bathe, esc...
Horrible work environment
nurse (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 22, 2014
Many of the employees and managers are extremely unkind and disrespectful. An average workday consists of being verbally eviscerated by supervisors, wasting time in pointless meetings, and actually getting and opportunity to help hospice clients at some point, however rushed because you must either work for free on your own time or not provide care to desired standard. Patients and families were wonderful and appreciative but can't overshadow job horrors.
Pros
air conditioned building
Cons
everything
Clinical environment; "Comfort" being number one
Front Office/Foundation/Marketing (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 5, 2014
Please review my resume or contact me for personal quesitons regarding my current job.
Makes me sick thinking about it
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 11, 2014
Quality and compassionate care is what Community Hospice states is their mission…it is far from true. Where should I even start? When I first got hired a little over a year ago, I was excited...I was thrilled. However, after a short time of working there it was clear to me that most of the upper management were cold, hypocritical and out only for them, this of course trickles down to the rest of the staff. In our staff meetings many of the workers refuse to sit next to their own managers because some of the management is so cold. One day I was sitting in the office and I heard a member of upper management say, “we can’t help just everyone who needs it, we have to also make money.” I was dumbfounded. It clearly states in the Mission statement that Community hospice will help everyone in need…”regardless of ability to pay. “The workers (in general) are very unhappy, unmotivated and are quickly exiting to go work for another hospice provider in the area. When upper management is a mess and disconnected from most of the departments (yes, I am talking about some of the new crew from Mississippi,) they simply cannot know all of the issues and have promoted people who have no management experience at all. I worked hard for them and in the end they decided to let me go by making up lies about me, and my work ethic. I was told by a nurse when I first started that if Community Hospice wanted anyone gone, they would make life a living hell until either the person quit or they let them go. In my case, I was lied about and treated horribly until they walked me out the door. I feel betrayed  more... and hurt that a company I once admired so much turned out to be a big fat fraud.  less
Pros
i don't know
Cons
pretty much everything
Serious Issues
employee (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMarch 11, 2014
The company has serious issues currently with their new CEO and the challenges to adjust to that. Multiple managers have been fired and walked out of the building. Other departments are run with no organizational sense. If you are someone who can't make it in the real world of business than this is the place for you. They protect those that are illogical. If you like to be micromanaged, and not to be promoted or appreciated....then this is the place for you to work.
Pros
there are some good people there and hospice is a good thing
Cons
unorganized and unappreciative of their employees
fastpace fun environment
Kitchen Assistant / Facilities Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 23, 2014
very busy day at work i learned how to manage far as auditing.I got along with my co-workers very well.The hardest part are to get everything done knowing that i hath to manage cash register.The most enjoyable part of my job was interracting with employees and patients.
Pros
free lunches, bonuses, off on weekends
Cons
no cons
love these kind hearted people
Customer service completion (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2014
while in the job i loved the fact that everyone who worked there loved what they do and enjoy their job; Because of this the enviroment is enjoyable and up beat. customer service is the best!
Fun culture
Driver/Production (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 21, 2013
The co-workers where fun but There was no room for advancement during the time that I was there.
Helping patients and family at the end of life
LPN (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYAugust 20, 2013
I love the people I work with as we share a common bond in the work we do in the community. Each day is a learning experience as no one family or patient goes through the dying process the same way. You need to be flexible with your families and remember that this is their journey not yours. You always have to walk in with a fresh smile,ready to serve, and no sign of what you just left no matter how hard or sad,because the next family needs you just as much. The hardest part of my job is loosing a young patient...the best part is helping my patients pass with dignity,peace and comfort and having a family say thank you.
Pros
i always leave with more then i came with...
Cons
no room for growth
providing compasiontate patient care.
Staff R.N (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 12, 2013
Reviewing each patient chart before driving to patients home. Call and set up a generalized time to visit patient and what supplies they need prior to leaving the office.
Ongoing ways to provide pain and symptom relief
Good management seasoned and experienced.
Great co workers.
patients dying
The appreciation of patients and family.
Pros
appreciation of patients and families
Cons
driving in traffic esp. road construction ongoing.
Nice understanding co workers, Nice break room
LPN (Current Employee) –  Youngsville, LAJuly 19, 2013
Nice environment, organized, learned a lot about hospice policies and procedures
Pros
near home
Cons
short breaks
Rewarding job that became disheartening r/t the terminal Dx of patients
RN-Floor Nurse (Current Employee) –  Vidalia, GAApril 8, 2013
On a typical day or night in my case, We would receive at least 1 admission. These patients require extensive background health and personal information and assessment gathering, in order provide the patient with the best quality care available. We have to determine immediate needs versus long term goals for pt and family. Helping the patient feel better and to see the relief on the faces of the patient and family is the most enjoyable part of the job. Losing a patient that you have taken care of is the hardest part of the job.
Stressful but rewarding job.
Staff/charge RN (Former Employee) –  Verona, MSJanuary 28, 2013
I assessed patients. Dcumention. Gave medications. Mamaged pain in end of life. Supervised LPN and nurses aides. I gave education, emtional support, and comfort to patients and families. Assessment of referalls. Admissions. Chart audits. General over all charge of the unit or Hospice House. The hardest part of my job was watching my patients die. The most enjoyable part was working with the families.
Pros
free breakfast and lunch. sometimes dinner.
Cons
short breaks, if any. rn could not leave the facility during work hours.
Terrible place to work - Community Hospice in Modesto, Ca.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  ModestoDecember 5, 2012
As a previous poster stated - this company is all about greed, they do not care about you as a human being. Most of the people who work there are unhappy and they bring their bad attitudes with them on a daily basis. I am especially speaking about management who don't care if you are worked to death unless, you want to claim overtime then you will be spoken to.
The training program is very poor, you'd better catch on quickly to the demands of the job or you'll hear about that too. Coworkers create a hostile working environment that is tolerated by management as they contribute. The pay is lower than other hospice agencies, but they will tell you they are comparable. I found it unbearable to continue to work there and so I left. I am so glad I did.
Cons
unreasonable workload, poor employee attitudes, poor pay
Hospice care
CNA (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 17, 2012
I enjoyed working with this company. I enjoyed working with the families and helping them thru their hard experience. Working with hospice is a great experience. You get to see what goes on in a families everyday struggle when it come to their love ones in the dying process.
Very loving and caring company
Hospice Aide (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 20, 2012
I've learned alot working with hospice patients, and the company provides great training to all employees.
was a great place to work,but not now
certified hospice palliative nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJuly 9, 2012
i was hired in 2000.it was awsome.the administrator did all kinds of nice things for the employees.as the years passed by things started getting harder and harder.we didnt get nice awards or nice things like going to retreats over a weekend,the one year for the cna week the cna's got a piece of cake while the nurses was taken out to a nice restaraunt.they are one sided,it doesnt matter if you try to explain or tell your side they will not listen.way overloaded.i remember getting up at 400a,leaving at 5 to go to work and not get home til 7p.and then getting in trouble for not doing my work in a 8 hour time frame,well sorry but dont give me 19 patients to do and expect me to be done in 8 hours.they took my life away from me when they terminated me.12 years of loyal service and they wouldnt even give me the benifit of the doubt.im relieved of being overworked but still miss my patients and their families.
Pros
good benefits, 401k, health insurance, dental, good hourly pay with mileage
Cons
no lunch breaks, overloaded with patients, onesided supervisors.
A Hospice company that only cares about numbers,money and growth.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  ModestoJune 15, 2012
When no one in the building smiles, that should be your first clue that something is very wrong.
Pros
competitive pay, caring nursing staff.
Cons
the management creates a hostile environment and does not care about the workload or employees

2.9