Community Hospital of San Bernardino Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
OB Technician (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 4, 2015
I have a very great co-workers, have a great team works and have that friendly atmosphere. I will recommend to anybody to work here.
Community Hospital of San Bernardino is an excellent place to work.
Community Assessment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CASeptember 10, 2012
Typical day in this position: Treatment team meeting, then out to assess potential patients and community relations development.
What I learned: I learned the area of SB. Outpt. setting and the value of the services that are offered to the mentally ill.
Management: Outstanding
Co-Workers: Professional
The hardest part of the job: not always having the greatest outcomes, also sometimes the job can be dangerous.
The most enjoyable: the patients, the staff, the independence of the job, connecting with the community.
Pros
working with the community to bring mental health services to those in need.
Cons
doing assessments in potential patients homes that were unknown to the hospital.
to many politics
Therapist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 18, 2014
employment with this hospital was terrible. after trying to stand for patients rights I received no assistance as a whistle blower and was dismissed. had to go through a long legal battle to get records changed to show I was not fired. reported my supervisor and dismissed as disgruntled and the hospital later received on of the largest sanctions ever given because of the exact issues I was trying to report.
helping people
Certified Nurse Assistant/NCU (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 18, 2012
A typical day at work is the same routine every day. I learned a lot from my co-workers that have a higher position then myself. Management is okay but could be better. My co-workers were always there when i needed a help. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting, pushing, pulling of patients. The most enjoyable part is company was generous in giving us free lunch once in a while.
Pros
team work, union
Cons
heavy lifting
I love this hospital because of the staff I worked with.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  1805 Medical Center Drive San Bernardino,CA.February 1, 2015
Community location is very low income and clients are very
noncompliant this causes many problems for the hospital.
Management of staff is good.Hospital is constantly under state
Productive and fun place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 19, 2014
Great company to work for with excellent benefits. If I could have stayed with the company I would have been looking to have long tenure there.
Excellent Employee Benefits
Clinical Nurse Informaticist (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 30, 2014
Benefits are excellent at this organization. Started new position without any prior experience beside prior nursing experience but was mentored and given opportunity to grow.
Medical Records Clerk, Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 3, 2015
I volunteered here before starting school. I did records maintenance, filed paper work, answered telephones, organized and clean working environments
Pros
Easy
Cons
n/A
Good place to work.
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CANovember 26, 2014
Very family friendly and excellent benefits. Friendly and excellent staff to work with. Cafeteria food is a plus.
productive
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CADecember 7, 2012
Enjoyable co-workers, just like family together getting things done . Management acknowledged anything brought up for opinion. Nothing hard to say about the job
Pros
co-workers, meeting and helping people
Excellent place to work, provide continual education and reinbursement for further education.
LVN (Current Employee) –  Behavioral HealthOctober 26, 2014
Working in BH is very challenging, relating to the type of population we service. Managing four units with the capacity for 74 patients, is very challenging relating to the daily admission and discharges possibly 20 a day. The hardest part of my day is when events happening such as code greys.
Pros
pay is comparible to other facilities, staff and administration is supportive. we work as family with each other.
Cons
the hours are long.
I like working for community hospital it was a fun place to work.
Admitting Representative (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 20, 2013
A typical day at work was a fast paced enviroment. You had to do 50 to 0 patients a night. I like working for my bosses. They helped put when we needed the extra help. My co workers were the same hard workers and team players to get the job completed. The hardest part of the job is some days were hard and pateints were injuries were not able to be fixed. The most enjoyable part of my day would be meeting new people on the job at all times.
Pros
we had some good lunches at the cafe.
Cons
i dont have any cons at this moment.
A positive and professional setting
Vocational Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 17, 2012
On a day to day basis I provided care for individuals. I acquired skills on how to provide excellent and accurate care in a fast pace environment. Documented proper and accurate charting for each patient as well as prioritized patient care. The difficult part of the job is to walk away from a patient and theres not a smile on their face. Enjoyed being part of a wide variety of the professional healthcare team.
Pros
staff availability, food, parking.
Cons
no access to nutritional snacks for diabetics, short on patient supplies.
Employees are like family
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 19, 2012
Co workers usually get along great, treat each other like family
Pros
pays well
Cons
management needs reorganization
Great employer, great benefits and their mission was admirable.
Lead Admitting Rep/Admitting Rep (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 14, 2013
I enjoyed the fast paced environment in the Emergency Room, that was my favorite department to work in. I was able to see different things every day and came in contact with such a diverse group of people daily.
Pros
everyday was different and exciting.
Cons
i would have liked to have taken advantage of the education they offered more so than i did.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMarch 11, 2015
Good place to work and advance, very fast pace and accuracy a must, excellent customer service and the staff is very professional.
Intelligent and fun Christain people.
Medical Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAApril 3, 2013
Working in the business office is a busy environment . The co-workers are very helpful and patient. The manager is the most passionate and compassionate women I have ever met and it was truly a pleasure knowing and working under her.
Pros
the business office team positive.
Cons
very strict attendance policy.
Great place to work for
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 7, 2014
This was my first hospital and it was a great stepping stone for me in the medical feild. I Hve learned so much here in the past 4 years and I am turly greatful for all the staff here.
love chsb, great place to work, friendly
Supervisor duties (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 19, 2012
great place to work, friendly, great Doctors
wolud love to work where again, great team players
Good days and bad days like every other job
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  San BernardinoJanuary 20, 2014
Due to all the recent changes in the health care forum things have seemed to change at my workplace a lot recently but we are open to it. Good luck!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Hospital of San Bernardino. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2