Community Hospital of San Bernardino

Community Hospital of San Bernardino Employer Reviews

to many politics
Therapist (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CADecember 18, 2014
employment with this hospital was terrible. after trying to stand for patients rights I received no assistance as a whistle blower and was dismissed. had to go through a long legal battle to get records changed to show I was not fired. reported my supervisor and dismissed as disgruntled and the hospital later received on of the largest sanctions ever given because of the exact issues I was trying to report.
Good place to work.
Medical Coder (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CANovember 26, 2014
Very family friendly and excellent benefits. Friendly and excellent staff to work with. Cafeteria food is a plus.
Excellent place to work, provide continual education and reinbursement for further education.
LVN (Current Employee), Behavioral HealthOctober 26, 2014
Pros: pay is comparible to other facilities, staff and administration is supportive. we work as family with each other.
Cons: the hours are long.
Working in BH is very challenging, relating to the type of population we service. Managing four units with the capacity for 74 patients, is very challenging relating to the daily admission and discharges possibly 20 a day. The hardest part of my day is when events happening such as code greys.
Perioperative Services
Staff Nurse, Charge Nurse (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CASeptember 17, 2014
Pros: staff i work with
Cons: being on call
I love working in the GI Lab at Community Hospital of San Bernardino. I am the sedation nurse during an EGD and Colonoscopy.
Great place to work for
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAJune 7, 2014
This was my first hospital and it was a great stepping stone for me in the medical feild. I Hve learned so much here in the past 4 years and I am turly greatful for all the staff here.
Excellent Employee Benefits
Clinical Nurse Informaticist (Current Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 30, 2014
Benefits are excellent at this organization. Started new position without any prior experience beside prior nursing experience but was mentored and given opportunity to grow.
Productive and fun place to work
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAMay 19, 2014
Great company to work for with excellent benefits. If I could have stayed with the company I would have been looking to have long tenure there.
fun place to work
Relief Charge Nurse (Current Employee), san bernardino, caApril 17, 2014
love my co-workers...very hard workers, that get the job done!
Good days and bad days like every other job
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee), San BernardinoJanuary 20, 2014
Due to all the recent changes in the health care forum things have seemed to change at my workplace a lot recently but we are open to it. Good luck!
Working with the Dr's and Nurses is great
Lead Financial Counselor (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CANovember 14, 2013
Pros: food discounts
Cons: seeing incredible things
Working in the Emergency Room was great and very interesting. I learned so much.
I like working for community hospital it was a fun place to work.
Admitting Representative (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJune 20, 2013
Pros: we had some good lunches at the cafe.
Cons: i dont have any cons at this moment.
A typical day at work was a fast paced enviroment. You had to do 50 to 0 patients a night. I like working for my bosses. They helped put when we needed the extra help. My co workers were the same hard workers and team players to get the job completed. The hardest part of the job is some days were hard and pateints were injuries were not able to be fixed. The most enjoyable part of my day would be meeting new people on the job at all times.
Great employer, great benefits and their mission was admirable.
Lead Admitting Rep/Admitting Rep (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAApril 14, 2013
Pros: everyday was different and exciting.
Cons: i would have liked to have taken advantage of the education they offered more so than i did.
I enjoyed the fast paced environment in the Emergency Room, that was my favorite department to work in. I was able to see different things every day and came in contact with such a diverse group of people daily.
Intelligent and fun Christain people.
Medical Collections Specialist (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAApril 3, 2013
Pros: the business office team positive.
Cons: very strict attendance policy.
Working in the business office is a busy environment . The co-workers are very helpful and patient. The manager is the most passionate and compassionate women I have ever met and it was truly a pleasure knowing and working under her.
productive
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CADecember 7, 2012
Pros: co-workers, meeting and helping people
Enjoyable co-workers, just like family together getting things done . Management acknowledged anything brought up for opinion. Nothing hard to say about the job
Community Hospital of San Bernardino is an excellent place to work.
Community Assessment Coordinator (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CASeptember 10, 2012
Pros: working with the community to bring mental health services to those in need.
Cons: doing assessments in potential patients homes that were unknown to the hospital.
Typical day in this position: Treatment team meeting, then out to assess potential patients and community relations development.
What I learned: I learned the area of SB. Outpt. setting and the value of the services that are offered to the mentally ill.
Management: Outstanding
Co-Workers: Professional
The hardest part of the job: not always having the greatest outcomes, also sometimes the job can be dangerous.
The most enjoyable: the patients, the staff, the independence of the job, connecting with the community.
love chsb, great place to work, friendly
Supervisor duties (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJuly 19, 2012
great place to work, friendly, great Doctors
wolud love to work where again, great team players
Employees are like family
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAJuly 19, 2012
Pros: pays well
Cons: management needs reorganization
Co workers usually get along great, treat each other like family
Fun place to work
Public Safety Supervisor (Current Employee), San BernardinoMay 21, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
love people who I work with in and also our vaule patients.
in city of San Bernardino
helping people
Certified Nurse Assistant/NCU (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAApril 18, 2012
Pros: team work, union
Cons: heavy lifting
A typical day at work is the same routine every day. I learned a lot from my co-workers that have a higher position then myself. Management is okay but could be better. My co-workers were always there when i needed a help. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting, pushing, pulling of patients. The most enjoyable part is company was generous in giving us free lunch once in a while.
A positive and professional setting
Vocational Nursing Student (Former Employee), San Bernardino, CAApril 17, 2012
Pros: staff availability, food, parking.
Cons: no access to nutritional snacks for diabetics, short on patient supplies.
On a day to day basis I provided care for individuals. I acquired skills on how to provide excellent and accurate care in a fast pace environment. Documented proper and accurate charting for each patient as well as prioritized patient care. The difficult part of the job is to walk away from a patient and theres not a smile on their face. Enjoyed being part of a wide variety of the professional healthcare team.