Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula Employee Reviews

Wonderful Organization to Work for....
Records Analyst (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CA 93942December 4, 2017
Sadly, I left my position to relocate out of state. I cannot recommend CHOMP enough. Amazing benefits and people. A lot of opportunity for growth. There are always some rough parts of any job but overall, they are a fabulous employer.
Run!
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CANovember 17, 2017
Poor Management. Culture is cut throat and competitive, not supportive. Everyone is so intimidated and afraid of management that it creates a culture of everyone against each other.
No work/life balance and expectations of overtime, with no respect for family life.
Pros
payrate is competitive
Quality Work environment
Emergency Department RN, 36 HRS per week (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAOctober 2, 2017
Quality work environment, well staffed with visible interactive executive management, competitive wage, education focused. Limited room for organizational advancement.
I will never work for that company again
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CASeptember 17, 2017
Horrible place to work. They say all the right things but their actions are the opposite. It's pretty on the outside but inside it's ugly and no one will talk about it because they are scared to lose their jobs or their life will become more miserable working there. There is no union to protect the employees.
very clinically oriented workplace for pharmacists
Clinical Pharmacist - Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CASeptember 5, 2017
The pharmacists are involved with distribution as well as clinical activities with a busy clinical schedule. Pharmacists are involved with the pain management protocol which is a very interesting clinical practice not found in many hospitals. This is a very unique, advanced setting for pharmacists to practice.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Mandatory meetings
I've worked with lots of wonderful people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAAugust 31, 2017
Community Hospital is a wonderful place to work. I was employed for 35 years. I had a great working relationship with hospital staff, as well as upper management.
Patient care was always number one and giving back to our community.
Pros
Education, Advancements
Great hospital overall
Phlebotomy Extern (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJune 28, 2017
Great and friendly employees, very well kept hospital, great patient care. employees make you feel welcomed. very open and willing to help one another
Amazing place to work
Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAApril 26, 2017
I loved working in the CHOMP ED. The department has 35 beds plus triage and four psychiatric beds, we saw about 150 people per day on average. The team is wonderful. I always felt supported by the staff, doctors and by management. I left this position because I had to move. I hope to be back there one day.
Pros
great team
Good community based hospital
Relief Charge Nurse/Assistant Head Nurse ED (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMarch 16, 2017
Good management, Beautiful facilities. Excellent coworkers and doctors. Worked in the Emergency Department which was very busy with a diverse group of medical conditions being treated. Enjoyed working for CHOMP!.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Expensive place to live.
Great Benefits and Compensation
CPD TECH II / BLUEBIN SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CAMarch 4, 2017
CHOMP meets and sometimes exceeds like business benefits and compensation. Work is usually challenging. Management is adequate. CHOMP culture moves very fast and is ever changing. Must be able to keep up with a fast pace environment.
I was a volunteer at the front desk
Collegiate Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CANovember 16, 2016
I worked with a bunch of retired people who wanted to contribute to the Community Hospital. Its an easy job, all I did was answer the phone and direct people to different areas of the hospital as needed
Beautiful on the outside
RN (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CANovember 8, 2016
Nice looking campus with a putting green for patients as well. Staff are very friendly, courteous, and professional. Management is trying to make over the work culture with the patient as its center, but some clinician groups are hindering the process. They offer benefits which they justify as current with the market. I would assert that as a hospital, benefits for staff should be better than what the 'current market' bears.
Wonderful hospital, excellent employees
Social Worker Hospice of the Central Coast (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CANovember 3, 2016
CHOMP is a wonderful hospital to work for. They give autonomy to employees surrounding program development. However, their are limited opportunities for advancement.
Nice hospital, horrible management
RN (Former Employee) –  Main hospitalJune 22, 2016
Over the time I was there the management does not want anyone new and they have have been there for years therefore it will only be the way they will say and the only way they know. I saw it all when it comes to running a hospital. They couldn't pay be double to work there ever again. Get rid of all your management team and you may be able to get some real professionals to work there.
Pros
Nice facilitiy, new equipment
Cons
Great benefits & that's about it
Registrar/Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAMay 19, 2016
This hospital is over-rated! Don't be fooled by the great ratings. This place has great benefits and that's about it!! No comment after that is going to be nice. CHOMP does NOT care about it's EMPLOYEES or PATIENTS. Their fees are way over priced & the care is NOT that great (for all that $$$$$$$$).
Pros
Great pay (but not worth the B/S), benefits (that's it!!)
Cons
Poor management
Not a fun welcoming place
Registrar / ER Patient Access (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAApril 13, 2016
Horrible training and direction. Staff unfriendly. You don't have a voice in the department if you are a new employee. I'm sure it's a great hospital if you work for a department that is team work oriented and the staff is friendly. High turn over in the PA department. Other matters that will not be discussed.
Pros
Cons
Poor training, poor direction, poor staff attitude, poor management.
Excellent organization with experienced professionals. It was a privilege to work with everyone at Community Hospital.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 13, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed my nearly eight years at Community Hospital in Monterey. I gathered a great deal of knowledge about the health care industry and the opportunities available to the employees was unsurpassed.
Awful work enviornment
Don't want to say (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CADecember 19, 2015
Supervisors rule over employees. Expected to figure out your job with no direction, because they don't know the job. It's a good thing I didn't work directly with patients.
Pros
Not even a nice environment since I worked off campus.
Cons
Supervisors, Managers don't care what your work load is.
Supportive, dedicated team of professionals
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CANovember 6, 2015
Spend most of my time in direct service, providing counseling and case management to patients and families.

Enjoy working with my co-workers and have learned a great deal about the different disciplines (e.g., nursing, speech therapy, physical therapy).

Most challenging part of job is prioritizing needs of patients when the patient census is high.

Most enjoyable part of the job is providing counseling to patients and families.
Easily the best hospital job I've ever had
Staff/Crisis RN (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAOctober 8, 2015
Very clean/beautiful facility in an area rich in natural beauty. Staff were great. Pay/benefits excellent. Providing food in cafeteria for overnight workers is something I've never experienced and the food was good (night shift workers in a hospital are often ignored). My now wife started her career as a nurse there and the mentorship was incredible. Staff were incredibly supportive and helped mold her into the incredible nurse she is today. We only left because we wanted to get a home, but while the pay was good, we weren't close to being millionaires who could afford a home in the area (mid 2000s before the housing bubble burst).
Cons
nothing comes to mind