Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula

Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula Employee Reviews

Benefits Are Great!
Medical Biller (Current Employee), Monterey, CAJune 9, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Pay, Hours, Days
I enjoy every aspect of my job, I enjoy the work I do and I believe I do it well, I enjoy my co-workers, I get along great with most people. Hardest part of my day is dealing with difficult accounts that I'm having a hard time solving, this doesn't happen often, but when it does I ask for help from a fellow employee or my supervisor.
Busy hospital
Student Technologist (Former Employee), Monterey, CAApril 29, 2015
this 400+ bed hospital stayed busy. Even though I was a student at the time, I was treated as a technologist.I learned how to handle critical situations.
Very poor management
Tech (Former Employee), Allied healthMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Nice area
Cons: Poor working environment
Beautiful area but terrible work culture. Management rules and those who do the work have no say. I have seen co-worker fired for no apparent reason.
working in the field of helping others
Patient Access (Former Employee), Monterey, CAFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: the hospital had great benefits, gave all employes flu shots, free meals for holidays, discounts for the gift store.
Cons: not enough longer lunches. wish we had at least a hour.
in a typical day I would start off my day jumping in and taking over from the other persons duties. I would see who needed to be registered and what form of id's I would collect from the patient. I've – more... learned to understand how to register patients that were foreign and homeless, or they would come in by ambulance or they would be a victim of some sort. The hardest part of my job would be, seeing children really ill just cant help themselves due to their condition, also the elderly who are or have dementia not knowing where they are at. My enjoyable part of my job was that I can put a smile on some of the ill patients. Some of them did not have any family and all they needed was a holding hand. – less
Professional enviornment. Great learning experience.
Echo Tech (Former Employee), Monterey, CAJune 29, 2013
Pros: clean and cheerful hospital enviornment with exceptional staff.
Cons: need to expand my hours at the time.
Studies performed: echoes, treadmills, transesophegeal echoes, EKG's. Learned how to perform my skills beyond the best of my ability. Working at Community Hosp. really challenged me to succeed and do more. Many opportunities were available for growth. I received 7 Community Hospital Improvement Plan Awards during my 16 years there.
Voted one of Americas 100 best hospitals...in the top 5% of patient safety.
LVN (Former Employee), Monterey, CAMarch 8, 2013
Pros: free meals to all employees who car pool.
Cons: no cons....excellent place to work.
I was an employee as well as a patient.....You are not a number, you are not an injury, you are not an illness. You are a person to all staff. Never ever worked for a facility that goes above and beyond for all patients, and the community. Great place to work, and live.
Great compensation and benefits, beautiful facility and good resources
Main Pavilion / Staff nurse (Former Employee), Monterey, CAJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: excellent facility, equipment and resources
Cons: working nights
Days are pleasantly challenging and productive. I've learned Nursing is the greatest profession in the world. I've worked in mostly in Critical Care throughout my career: Telemetry / Step down and floating – more... to ICU. I've worked as both a staff nurse and management. Regardless of my position I have always worked well with co-workers. Working nights for me was extremely difficult, not the work but the inability to get adequate sleep during the day. The most enjoyable part of my job throughout my career is at the bedside, providing patients with this best care I can deliver. I have incredible pride in the care I give my patients, because they deserve our very best – less
CHOMP is a non-union hospital, mid-sized, with very competitive salary and benefits packages.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Monterey, CaliforniaOctober 25, 2012
Pros: wonderful lunch room with in and outside dinning, fantastic kitchen, reasonably priced.
Cons: recent budget cuts, staffing cuts, central supply hours shortened, increasing paperwork.
I have enjoyed my 18 years at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula. They helped me get started with their WorkStudy program in conjunction with Monterey Peninsula College's Nursing Program. The – more... orthopedic unit where I spent 17 years is a busy post-surgical unit. Average surgeries per day is 5, some days as many as 11. The unit has 20 beds. Team work is essential. Patients either go home after a few days with home care or transfer to a rehabilitation facility a few miles away, owned by the hospital. We are often discharging patients and receiving new patients simultaneously. The nurses have a good working relationship with the Medical Staff. The hospital also supports a Hospitalist program that is very efficient. Patient safety and customer satisfaction are the key words at CHOMP. – less
Great professional, fast paced, multi tasking work environment
Registrar (Former Employee), Monterey, CaliforniaSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: fast paced, enjoyable work
Cons: handling families that had lost young loved ones.
Great place to work. The pace in the Emergency Room was one that shifts flew by! Often we would carry over to next shifts, which could make your day a little longer, but you always did what you had to – more... do for the department.
The hospital was a professional, policy and procedure oriented environment.
Although the turnover was frequent, it was still a place that you had to learn to rely on each other in the most stressful of circumstances. – less
I'd rather not
REGISTERED NURSE - EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT (Former Employee), Monterey, CAAugust 23, 2012
Lots of politics and clicks. Great nurses clinically. Beautiful campus. Great produce in Monterey, can't be beat. Hospital has a wonderful education program.