Community Housing Partnership (CHP) was formed to develop and implement solutions to homelessness in San Francisco. To achieve this mission, Community Housing Partnership develops and operates permanent, affordable housing with on-site social services. Community Housing Partnership currently owns and/or operates eleven housing sites and has three projects in development. Community Housing Partnership also engages in community and economic development including three certified job training programs, a community organizing project and a social enterprise that employs formerly homeless adults. The organization’s annual operating budget is approximately $15 million. Over half of Community Housing Partnership’s 200 staff members were once homeless. For more information, visit www.chp-sf.org.
The Property Manager manages the daily operations for a supportive housing site in the Tenderloin neighborhood of San Francisco. The Property Manager is supervised by and reports directly to a Property Supervisor.
The Property Manager’s top priority is to establish and maintain a productive and professional relationship with the tenants, resulting in a safe, clean and empowering place for tenants to live. The Property Manager maintains an environment of respect and service, while ensuring that tenants abide by the house rules and lease terms. The Property Manager is responsible for monitoring the physical integrity of the building and working with maintenance staff to address any deficiencies. In addition to regularly scheduled hours, the Property Manager will have on-call responsibilities during non-scheduled hours to respond to building and/or tenant emergencies, as well as rotating emergency response duties for other CHP properties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Two years of direct, residential management experience or equivalent.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that allow you to maintain effective communication with staff, tenants and community groups.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Word and Excel, internet and e-mail.
- An understanding of and ability to communicate with diverse types of people.
- Ability to be part of a team and a team leader.
- Commitment to helping homeless and formerly homeless people to regain and maintain independence.
- Ability to plan, assign, review and coordinate work plans and programs.
- Ability to appropriately respond to and resolve conflict.
- Knowledge of and experience with supervising individuals with little or no property management experience.
- An understanding and experience working with issues of homelessness and recovery issues.
- Experience operating buildings with multiple funding sources, restrictions, qualification and certification requirements a plus.
- Strong interest in doing social justice advocacy.
- Valid phone number required.
- Bilingual/Spanish a strong plus.
DOE. CHP provides excellent benefits and training opportunities.
Send resume and cover letter to: to the email indicated or mail to Human Resources, Job Openings, 20 Jones Street Suite 200, San Francisco, CA 94102. Fax: 415-749-2791
Community Housing Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Formerly homeless people, people with disabilities, women and people of color are encouraged to apply. CHP hiring policies require a background check for all applicants working directly with at-risk persons.