Community Housing Partnership Employee Reviews

Not a very positive work environment
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 17, 2017
Working in low income housing is not a very great career move. Lots of drugs, violence and cops everywhere breaking up fights all the time. I would not want to work in that environment ever again.
Great workplace
Support Services Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San FransiscoMay 4, 2017
It's a fast pace environment, but a very rewarding job. coworkers are very supporting. managers are always there for you and push learning to the fullest
Pros
great people
Cons
Place with the best clinical supervision and clinical team.
Intensive/Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 21, 2017
The best place to acquire clinical skills experience with excelent have clinical supervison, trainings, opporrtunities to engage with staff from another sites and agencies.
Pros
Paid holidays.
Cons
Low wages
Horrible Culture - CEO Ruining Culture & Organization Mission
Management (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 18, 2017
Hostile culture and stressful environment caused from top executives in the company. Doesn't pay attention to the needs of lower level staff or provide tools or resources. Very unreasonable fast-paced environment and high workload. Focuses on one part of the organization and leaves other departments stagnant. Upper management not an equitable representation of people served and employees.
Pros
Mission to help homeless
Cons
Stressful environment, unreasonable workload, hostile culture
Community Housing Partnership
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 4, 2017
Overall their mission is awesome but there is a high turnover in the Property Management department. Property Managers are a strong team but upper Management starting with the Property Supervisors and up to the CEO. The CEO is not too much involved in caring for the staff on the ground. HR department needs to really pay attention the exit interviews to understand better why turn over is very high.
Lack of support
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 30, 2017
No additional training offered to employees, high staff turnover rate, located in heart of the Tenderloin in S. Ok place for start but no support from higher up staff
Wonderful People
Lobby Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 22, 2016
Wonderful people to work with and to learn from. Was one of my most rewarding jobs in a very long time. It was nice to be able to be of help for as long as I could and I wish I could have stayed to help more but it was tome to move forward
Very Diverse and fun environment.
Maintenance Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 18, 2016
Great co-workers, learned a lot, stayed very busy and felt a strong purpose in helping the homeless live in safe clean and secure enviroment.
Pros
Lots of meetings with good healthy food.
Cons
Tenderloin and the population can be very rough.
productive and fund workplace with department lunch party once a week
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 11, 2016
My co-workers were friendly and willing to help when I have questions.
The hardest part of the job was time management. The workload can be huge at the end of the month because of the monthly bank reconciliations and some other projects were going to due at the same time.
Pros
Paid Lunch, friendly work environment
It was a positive experience with alot of training.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 25, 2016
I Liked the mission statement. There was a lot of training in management and customer service skills. I learned much about apartment property management and operations.
productive and fun workplace
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 27, 2016
A typical work day is using customer service skill and competing office tasks such as scheduling meetings and checking emails using outlook, answering high volume phone calls and greeting clients. I have learned the importance of customer service, organization, and utilizing my skills to grow to be an asset to the company. Management has an high expectance of completing task in a efficient way but are great to work with. My co-workers are hard workers and also expect organization skills and completing tasks as a team. The hardest part of my job is the time allotted to complete each task. The most enjoyable part of the job is the level of respect each co worker has for one another because work gets done with team work.
Pros
lunch is catered each day
Cons
time alloted to complete tasks
Great opportunities for growth
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  1000 Market StreetApril 20, 2016
Been with the company for 9 years, fun filed employers who provide opportunities of growth to the community members as well as tenants.
Pros
Set office hours
Cons
Not sticking to the mission statement
the operation was unmanageable
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 12, 2016
I was understaffed. Very little support from upper management. A culture of fear and chaos because of safety concerns caused by being incredibly understaffed
Pros
helping homeless and disabled
Cons
culture of chaos and fear
Okay Place To Work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 15, 2015
Not the best place to work, but very good if your looking for an easy job or a student. Very unique guest and tenants. You'll learn a lot about people and the company creates diversity.
A lot of work betwenn Property Managment and Support Services
Senior Property Supervisor I (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 12, 2015
Team relationship concept very good. Multi tasking with good organization skills an added plus to have. Must be diverse in population interactions. High political oversight. Neighboring communities have an impact on the acceptance of the hard to house population.
Pros
Supportive Housing
Cons
Funding Sources and unknown change of directions.
productive
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 10, 2015
company was very wonderful to me. I got a chance to learn lots of tools that i have been able to take with me after resigning
working alone
Janitor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 14, 2015
I really did not care for this company I found the staff to be very un
professional, lack of cleaning supplies I had to spend my own personal money to purchase some pinesole , bleace ,Lysol, I enjoyed the compliments from the tenants on my upkeep of the building and freshness you smelled upon entering the building. I worked alone in this profession unless I was being trained, and even then I lov e learning new skills on the job I might have to perform one day.
Pros
uniforms
Cons
not enough hours management
busy
(Low income housing tax credit) - Assistant (Former Employee) –  San FranciscoApril 25, 2015
Will keep you busy. Great organization for the homeless. It serves the community. They will have a great place to live and be able to afford it with the low income. Great database system that is easy to learn.
Non-Profit
E/AOffice Management and Technical Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tenderloin in San FranciscoMarch 6, 2015
Varied Executive Responsibilities as listed on my resume. Management in transition. High turnover staff rate. Hardest part of job was inconsistency from Management. No clear processes or systems.
Sad
Lead Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 6, 2015
Helping people who are homeless and who have problems with Substance Abuse and Mental Issues. It hard to see such poverty it was see another city within San Francisco.
Pros
tenants
Cons
Tenderloin sadness of the community

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Housing Partnership. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval