Community Howard Regional Health Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my experience
Resident Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INOctober 3, 2017
I enjoyed my experience as a resident chaplain. The CPE supervisor did a great job preparing us resident chaplains to engage with the patients and staff.
It was a good place to work.
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INSeptember 3, 2017
Working at Howard was a very good experience. Most people were very pleasant and supportive with me. I was a chaplain in the Intense Care Unit and in the Emergency Room. The managers,doctors, nurses, and the other medical staff were very understanding, nice, supportive and great.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Good time for breaks
Incredibly positive staff and work environment
Clinical Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 17, 2017
Though I was only there for relatively short time for my clinical hours, I had an incredible time working with the staff at CHRH. Everyone I worked with was extremely helpful and really gave me a chance to spread my wings by helping guide me here and there throughout runs to hone in my skills as a medical professional.
this place is bad
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 3, 2017
This place is terrible, the management has no idea what they're doing. The people are incredibly mean spirited, they regularly bully new hires to tears, and if you ask the supervisor for help she refuses. Training is sporadic, some people get one or two shifts of training, some people get weeks of training. I gave a two for job security because thanks to constant short staffing it is incredibly rare to get fired or have your hours cut.
Pros
discount at cafeteria
Cons
workplace culture, drama, incompetent supervisor
Good work culture, but not enough weekend or vacation coverage assistance
Staff PT (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INJuly 18, 2017
Rehab Director is awesome to work for. Not enough coverage assist for vacations or weekends. Small Regional hospital which is part of a larger urban network.
Community Howard Regional Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INMay 25, 2017
Enjoyed working with staff and enjoyed the variety of patients seen in med surg unit. Only left so I could be more available to my children on weekends and holidays.
Would not recommend
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INMarch 6, 2017
Bullying atmosphere from Leadership Team. Stressful.

The hardest part of my job was putting up with one of the VP's who rules by fear, not by example. My specific manager was nice, but philosophy was that if he didn't get something done and he waited long enough, someone else would do it. I struggle in that environment because if I see something needs done, I do a lot of follow up to make sure it is getting completed or if they need information from my boss.
The commute was nice because I lived 2 miles from work.
Pros
could buy crew car washes for $5.70 each
Cons
no breaks; bullying atmosphere; no support from current boss
This job allowed me to learn alot about computer skills, Medical field and management.
Administrative Assistant/ OB ER Tech (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INOctober 18, 2016
I started as a unit secretary on the medical floor, moving on to administrative asst for several yrs before continuing my education. I then worked in the ER and OB depts using basic medical skills
Pros
Continuing Education
Cons
Hospital changed alot of process and began to have cut backs.
Very fast pace
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Kokomo,INOctober 2, 2015
I found my experience there to be a great educational experience as well as very productive experience. I enjoyed staying busy at all times. Some of the things I learned was that not all doctors carry the different bedside manners. I enjoyed my co-workers very much. The hardest part of the job was being able to perform my duties and obligations that I was given and plus try to pick up the work load of some of the co-workers when they would be called away, or were busy performing other tasks. I enjoyed the patients most of all because I just like being apart a team that I can make a difference.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Handle others work load over top of my own obligations and responsibilities.
CHRH is a great place to work. I have enjoyed working here.
Lead CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INMay 25, 2015
I feel that CHRH is a great place to work. I feel the organization strives to do their best by their employees. The compensation and benefits are fair. I feel that the organization tries to be competitive with the market, The typical day at work is very busy, stressful. I have learned to be a very productive worker. I value my co-workers, because without them we would not make it through the day.
Pros
We do receive occasional bonuses.
Cons
Understaffing.
Productive workplace
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INSeptember 12, 2012
I learned about instruments used in hematology, coagulation, chemistry, and more. I was able to gain experience with the help of my co-workers.