Community Legal Services Employee Reviews in United States

I would still be working there if not for budget cuts. I liked my job.
PARALEGAL (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZJune 3, 2014
Every day was a little bit different. You may start with a court hearing, interviewing client, traveling to clients home, assigning cases, meeting with client or assisting in the lobby with possible clients. You learn to listen a lot and be patient. Management had very little connection with paralegals since we work mainly with attorneys. My co-workers become a team when discussing cases and research plus previous experience.
The hardest part of my job was when you are waiting for services or a court date and the client passes away.
The most enjoyable part was helping someone get services that they are in so much need of and seeing them progressing in their life.
Pros
personally rewarding, good benefits
Cons
job security/government funding plays a huge roll in what they fund and when
adequate support for internship
social work Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 17, 2014
professional and friendly environment with competent staff. poor supervision
Worked with lawyers and paralegals to advocate for client's needs.
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 19, 2014
Advocating for client's needs by filling out housing applications; linking clients to resources such as welfare benefits; making doctor appointments; working as a liaison between attorneys and clients. I learned to work in a policy driven environment. I was managed by the sole social worker who worked in that office. My coworkers were attorneys and paralegals. The hardest part of my job was that the legal code of ethics trumped the social work code of ethics such that my hands were often tied because of the fear of breaking attorney-client confidentiality. The most enjoyable part of my job was doing home visits. I had to document interactions on legal server.
Pros
unionized
Cons
there were only two social workers on staff- one in each office., each social worker carried an average case load of 80 clients.
Great atmosphere, great people to work for, very helpful.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2012
I loved my job as a secretary, I enjoyed working for this company, everyday was a different case senario. My co-workers were very helpful, there was nothing hard about that position. The most enjoyable part of my job was able to help people where needed. I worked in Yuma then transferred to Phoenix.
Wonderful Office
Paralegal Student/ Intern (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CAMarch 26, 2012
Preparing paperwork for paternity, dissolution of Marriage and Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
Pros
wonderful staff
Cons
small staff size

Want to know more about Community Legal Services?

Ask a question