Community LIFE Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working with them an notec that employees were important to them
Clinic/ Homecarr RN (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 20, 2017
It was a pleasant experience working with people who love their jobs. Administration always tried to work with personal and know if staff is happy then clients are happy
Pros
Multiple locations
Cons
Friendly people
Would not recommend!
PA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PANovember 2, 2017
This could be a very good job if the management didn’t suck. The aides are ALL overworked and severely underpaid. RUN! They make it sound good but when you get in the door it’s a completely different story. At this moment there are 39 people who receive homecare daily with only 15 aides. No incentives, heavy loads daily and lots of favoritism. They DO NOT care about the few hard workers they have, and you will not advance here.
Pros
Day center can be really fun.
Cons
Pay is terrible for what they expect
Garaeat
Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDOctober 19, 2017
Smitty life was the great place to work out I love working there I got to know all the people that are support very well and I love working with the other staff members I will greatly support anyone trying to work there because it's a great establishment
Horrible place to work
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 16, 2017
The leadership is horrible, they expect too much of their staff and LIFE programs in general are a bad idea. I would not recommend anybody working in the nursing field here
Very poor leadership! managers are designated but not developed
marketing (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 5, 2016
This organization does amazing things for the elderly " more for some than others" but good things none the less! Direct care workers show real compassion for the participants. Employees are treated very poorly by management, no matter how good you are at your job. Everyone is in constant fear for their position which causes very low morale.
Pros
ability to make a difference in lives of individuals who really need it
Cons
poor management
Be prepared because you could get the axe next
Enrollment and Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 30, 2016
No two days are alike, my first Supervisor was fantastic but upper management is horrible and not to be trusted; elders are treated well but employees are not -- this company is a wolf in sheep's clothing. People are fired routinely. Rather than working on issues and addressing problems, people are fired, from all levels of the agency. Morale is low because no one knows who is going to get the axe next. On the other hand, a more enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the elders and activities does a wonderful job of hosting large events for this to happen, such as carnivals, proms, petting zoos, etc.
Pros
Coworkers care
Cons
Management doesn't
Great workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 1, 2016
The work load is well balanced and my coworkers are great. I the most enjoyable part of my job is working with the clients. I have great and understanding bosses.
Great benefits, Room to grow!
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 23, 2016
I've been with Community LIFE for 5 years and it is a company you can feel good about working for. Everyday you know you are helping frail elders to remain independent. The company offers more paid time off than anywhere else I've ever worked, great hours, and many employee appreciation perks. Employees who do well have the opportunity for advancement within the company, and tuition reimbursement is offered as well.
Pros
Benefits, hours, managers
Wonderful Place to Work!
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Forest Hills, PAJanuary 1, 2016
Community LIFE is a very special place to work. It is one of the few place where you can feel that what you do makes a real difference in the life of people. The management are fair and they do their best. Sometimes co-workers can be a challenge especially when they don't think of the big picture. But everyone cares about the elderly and wants to do the best for them. They do lots of things to encourage us, like picnics and bonus.
Pros
Making a real difference
Cons
None worth mentioning
Nice environment
DIRECTOR OF NURSING SERVICE (Former Employee) –  PittsburghOctober 5, 2015
Excellent program for seniors, direct care staff are dedicated, reimbursement and benefits are good.
Staff appreciation is done on a regular basis
Pros
Locations
Cons
on call hours
Clean environment and safety was tops.
Participant Assistant /Home Care (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAFebruary 10, 2015
I was happy working at Community Life mainly for the wonderful participants that were enrolled in program. Many things were under strong rules. Employees were afraid to give opinions or to make suggestions.Lack of communication among managers and staff. No motivation incentives. Too many clicks and gossip.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
could not recommend points of views.No incentives, co-workers not team players
everyday was like working with my sisters. a big happy family. i miss them
Bus/Van driver (Former Employee) –  Tarentum, PAOctober 4, 2014
each morning we had our meeting to hear updates about participants. someone always brought cookies or doughnuts. sometimes we would have to gas up before the day and meet up there. we had two men working as drivers along side of 9 girls. the hardest part was when a participant would pass away. sometimes we would meet up after work for dinner. Great place to work!
Pros
free lunch, good benefits, awesome supervisor
Cons
sometimes no time for lunch or short lunch, parking was assigned
Company to work for...
Center Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wilkinsburg, PAJune 13, 2014
Excellent for personal and professional development. Great co-workers.
a great place to work
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  McKeesport, PAMay 13, 2014
a typical day at work starts with a morning meeting with an interdisciplinary team to discuss patients.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
benefits are lacking
productive
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  forest hills paMay 4, 2014
I learned a lot about caring for patients and ensuring they were getting the right amount of medication at the right times I also enjoyed working closely with the doctors to ensure proper medical care was given according to each individuals needs.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
A valuable and enriching occupation
Russian Language Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 4, 2014
A job that gives you an opportunity to give back to the community and participate in enriching lives of the elderly.
Productive, but dont accomodate with your lifestyle.
Cna (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh,paDecember 3, 2013
Great benefits, ok hours. Upper management not so good they look out for one another and the little people they don't care about. No job security.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Horrible management
Great, caring place to work.
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Homestead, PANovember 3, 2013
Busy days, I use most of my skills on a daily basis: Word, Excel, Access. I function as receptionist, as well as facility secretary and data entry person.
no job security
Day Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  WilkinsburgNovember 3, 2013
The clients are great. Management is not. Benefits are expensive and pay is mediocre.
Productive and happy workplace
Wellness Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 5, 2013
exercised participants and made sure they were safe and comfortable. Filed, copied, and faxed papers for pt/ot.
Pros
Participants
Cons
short lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community LIFE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9