COMMUNITY LIVING OPTIONS Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Pine City, MNApril 9, 2017
This place is really laid back, productive and fun. The staff are great and the clients vary. Keeping you on your toes. Located in Pine City, MN there is never a dull day.
Pros
Free lunch, great pay, good benefits and direct deposit for checks.
Cons
No eye care benefits and some staff cause too much drama for a work place environment.
Lot of hours, Good benefits
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Pine City, MNMarch 22, 2017
There are a lot of houses to work at. A lot of overtime t a variety of shifts. Good benefits. Management is poor at some sites that make being a DSP difficult at times
Pros
Lots of hours, good benefits
Cons
Poor management
it was rewarding to help others but felt unappreciated
CLO (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 15, 2017
I really enjoyed this job because it gave me the ability to help other people an gave me experience. It was hard at times but overall all I cared about was my clients.
On Call
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Pine City, MNMarch 13, 2017
I only had an on call/part time position. I enjoyed this job for the positive interactions and activities with the clients but it could be very challenging when clients had behaviors.
Pros
Going on outings
Cons
Being on call I didn't have a set schedule
Like my job!
Direct Service person (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, ILJanuary 13, 2017
Job stressful,pay is low.no chance for advancement.individuals I love.hard to find good staff.but have stuck n there for almost 13yrs .Just want to try something else. But not sure what else I want to do.Have worked in this field for 35 yrs this April. The people I work with would like more appreciation as would I..a raise once n awhile.It has been 8 yrs .
Pros
Meals provided, activities
Cons
No breaks
Very Unethical
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Stanchfield, MNDecember 1, 2016
Although it pays decent, it struggles to maintain employment. The supervisors were very unprofessional and the site manger screams at employees and and treats them poorly.
Pros
Great with pay raises
Cons
No flexibility in schedules
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
DIRECT SUPPORT PERSON (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILNovember 28, 2016
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Pros
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Cons
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Fun work environment
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scandia, MNOctober 12, 2016
High paced, but very rewarding good.

It's not for people who just want a check, you need to be there for the clients.

Management is very understanding and compassionate.

Co worker's are easy to get along with and help out when it's needed.

Not the hardest, problem solving is needed.escalating and redirecting the clients when needed.

The reward of good feed back from the client and staff. As well as outside activities.
Amazing Place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAOctober 1, 2016
Amazing Staff and clients. Most lovable job around. Very productive and fast moving. get ready to fall in love every day at work. Compassion an.d understanding is a must
Love seeing the impact on my residents from my presence there.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILAugust 24, 2016
I have been with in the company for 9 years and a huge benefit is the love you receive from the residents. I wish I could work there longer but I have decided to switch gears and change my profession.
Loved it, until this happened..
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Harris, MNJuly 20, 2016
S-harrasment
Management doesn't care
Constantly struggling
Bullying
Loved this job. Best one I had until everything started going down hill. Being bullied, sexually harrased, yet nothing was ever done about it. I was forced to work with the coworker who had s-harrased me, then forced out of my job pretty much. Was told I'd have to work with him or it would be a "no show" manager knowing I'd lose my job.
Pros
Food, helping people.
Cons
Company
Diverse Experience
Program Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 24, 2016
It's a great position for college students working while attempting to finish school. I worked there for 3yrs. Although it provided job security, I grew bored because of the lack of advancement.
Execellent Job experience
Health Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 27, 2016
Great working atmosphere with a strong, united and hardworking team members, understanding supervisors and flexible working hours.
Pros
Staff appreciation month every summer and flexible working hours
Cons
Mentally challenging.
Program Support Staff promoted to Manager (Former Employee) –  626 Reed StreetMarch 10, 2016
Community Living Options offered an excellent benefits package, even for program support staff. It is difficult to find a job with retirement, health insurance, paid time off, and at a starting wage of $10 with only a GED required. I learned a lot; I learned how to make decisions and lead a team, I learned that social work wasn't for me, but I did learn the importance of dignified work within the community. The hardest part of the job was striving for compromise and the disconnect that happened between managers who all manage their own foster care home with adults who have very different needs; sometimes one question on how to handle a situation would offer many different solutions.
Pros
Benefits and job environment, positive coworkers
Cons
Disconnect in decision making
Low key job
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Zimmerman, MNJanuary 17, 2016
A typical day would be getting residents up and ready for the day, making and serving breakfast, doing dishes, planning activities, doing laundry, going on outings, giving snacks, documenting what went on during the day for each resident.
A great place to learn hands on healthcare.
Medical Assistantant (Program Support Staff) (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 15, 2016
No room for advancement. You will not stay employed long if you don't fill in for people who need coverage or if you don't accept the shifts and sites they assign for you.
Full time benefits are amazing and full time is 35 hours per week.
Horriffic, Unethical & Illegal
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 13, 2016
Should the state or federal government come in and review this company, they would be shut down immediately. They need a complete restructuring of the business from corporate all the way down to their bottom line. They are harming the residents whom they claim to be caring for.
Care provider
Care provider (Former Employee) –  Chico CaMay 21, 2015
A typical day would consist of cleaning,cooking, dispensing medicine as well as keep daily logs on each individual that was cared for
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
works alone no relief for breaks, low wages
Good starting job
House Manager (Current Employee) –  Stanchfield, MNMay 11, 2015
Typical work day as a House Manager includes checking schedule, returning phone calls, emails, completing various forms, reading communication book, checking shift duties, balancing client and house check books and doing 6 hours of direct care 3 nights per week. Implementation of programs as per each client’s individual needs. Ensured that there is adequate staffing for the house I supervise. The job also incudes filling out various financial aid forms, quarterly and annual reports on clients’ progress and give valuable input on various programs.

Hardest part of the job is trying to provide service for our individuals and keeping up with all current regulations and procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing service for people to become as independent as possible. Co-workers tend to be caring individuals that want to help other people.
Pros
Provide free meals, 401 k, time off and competive wages.
Cons
No room for advancement, Average Health Care benifits
A productive day .
Designated Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hugo Mn.February 24, 2015
A typical day at work includes but not limited too, each day is different depending on the needs of my clients, I will manage individuals in crisis, creating goals creating support plans, updating forms and files, keeping communication between IDT members. Ensuring that policies and procedures are being followed as directed. I check with my house managers to be sure that they are having the supports they need. I will create staffing schedules, maintain our monthly meetings. I track mileage and receipts with company vehicles. I keep track of Payroll. I budget office supplies. I work with Dr. teams to provide the best care we can in the homes. I hold quarterly, Semi and annual IDT meetings. I have clients who are CD and we try to create the best plans we can to help support them in sobriety.
The hardest part of my day is assisting in filling holes in the schedule, it is hard because we are very short handed and offer 24 hours of care.
The most enjoyable part of my job is making a difference in my individuals lives, I help them with the ambition to meet their goals, I enjoy giving verbal praise when they are doing well. Every day can be an unexpected day of work, I may have to help work on the floor , provide rides as needed. I over all enjoy my job.
Pros
Helping other's, being a leader, organizing, filing, payroll. Being a positive impact in others lives.
Cons
Lack of Consistency through out our company, 24 hours on call, handling crisis and feeling helpless when unable to provide what they need when in Crisis.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COMMUNITY LIVING OPTIONS. Our community is ready to answer.

COMMUNITY LIVING OPTIONS Reviews by Location