Community Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

fun to work with very nice people
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJOctober 20, 2015
worked on christmas night last year ,since it was a holly day , patients went home to enjoy christmas with their family but at the same time emergency patients number was very high , it was very tiring night ( i works night shift). I learned a lot that day , because of the busy situation the techs in ER were making many mistakes like labeling wrong patients blood or urine, so i decided I will always double check patients ID before i draw or collect their specimen.Management wise this work place is fair, my co workers are nice, i would like to work with them at any time. I never found any hardest part in this job unless its very busy and you get very tired. The most enjoyable part in this job is to talk with elderly patients , they are very innocent specially during nights when they half sleepy and half awake.
Pros
we get free food at least 4 times a year
Cons
Health care benefits are very expensive
The hospital is the greatest
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 15, 2015
Working in the hospital is one of the most wonderful places to work at. The pay and benefits are wonderful. The Doctors , nurses and co-workers are the best. The work can be as easy or hard as you make it. I love meeting people and working in the friendly environment that the hospital provides. I love buffing the floors and helping out where I am needed the most. I have worked throughout the medical center in all areas. I have found that cleaning is the most enjoyable part of my life.
Great Opportunity
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 7, 2015
First job and was able to grow. Started off as an office assistant then moved up to pharmacy technician in less than a year. Co-workers are highly motivational. Easy computer system and up to date
Pros
GREAT BENEFITS
Cons
short lunch
I enjoy my position with Community Medical Center and working with my staff.
Manager, Physician Billing Department (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 2, 2015
I have enjoyed my position as Manager in the Physician Billing Department and working with my staff and other managers. My department, however, has been recently outsourced and there is no position for me to move into as a manager.
Pros
Good Benefits.
Cons
Outsourced
Hospital setting - great family setting
Materials Management - Warehouse (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 6, 2015
Made a lot of great friends here that I still keep in-touch. Advancement is difficult due to its small size unless you are willing to relocate to another hospital in it's system.
Pros
Cultural events
Cons
Compensation
just okay
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTJuly 1, 2016
Okay place to work. Benefits and pay are not very good, even for Montana. It's not horrible though and lots of very good people work here. It remains to be seen how the recent acquisition by a large healthcare organization and the change to for profit will affect the employees. So far there have not been very many changes, which is good, but it is too early to tell.
good place to meeting new people
Medical Receptionist/Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLDecember 26, 2012
Basically scheduling patients or check-in/checkouts. Handling referals for pediatric patients and pulling labs and prescriptions. Since I have been here i have learned a lot about patient diagnosis and treatment. The management at this company needs to go through a training session! Everyone is not on the same page so everything is always confusing and they dont stick to their own protocols for all staff. Also there is no place for advancement or raises!!! My immediate coworkers are awesome. We have a great rapport and support system. The hardest part of this job is basically getting correct information or procedures from management. everything else is easy if we have right information. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the babies and also meeting new people in other offices that we work with(specialists, hospitals, etc)
Outpatient Medical Coder and Trauma Coder (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 18, 2016
They trained me on the job. I learned so much there. I liked my co-workers. The commute was taking a toll and I was offered a position with Sante' Health in my home town.
Was a great place
RN - Provided patient centered care (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMay 14, 2016
Was many years ago but was a wonderful place to work. Great teamwork. Friendly staff and physicians. Good culture and work balance.
A friendly, professional and clean work environment.
Oncology Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 24, 2014
A typical day at work includes checking billing, stocking and placing drug order based on predicted treatments of patients. Cleaning hoods, mixing premeds, chemo and nonchemo. Filling pyxis and some nursing areas. Ordering and stocking materials and supplies. Performing daily, weekly and monthly cleaning duties.
I reallly enjoy my coworkers and the work itself. The most difficult part of the day is when it slows down to much. I enjoy the fast paced busy days best.
Management is supportive and good at recognizing hard work.
Pros
benefits, clean, safe work environment
senior management ineffective in creating a hospitable work environment where employee input is welcome and acknowledged
Asst Director of Pt Care, Emergency Screening (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJFebruary 28, 2014
The emergency screening department was fast paced and saw a high volume of patients. Nurses and mental health associates were responsible for care of patients, while screeners and the psychiatrist determined placement. It was not uncommon to be inundated with patients and have a fairly long wait time to find inpatient beds. Financial constraints contributed to creating an even more challenging environment.
Pros
hard working staff, good benefits, wide variety of experience gained
Cons
lack of support from upper management, short staffing sometimes put patient care at risk
great people
Environmental Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJFebruary 3, 2016
i truly miss working here, i left because i was not getting paid enough but if i could have stayed i would have, the people i worked with had the best hearts, they really were the best group of people i ever met in the house keeping area.
Enjoyable work environment with team spirit.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMarch 28, 2014
I enjoyed my tenure at Community Medical Center and would have continued working there well into my retirement years. I knew my job intricately; training was exceptional; my coworkers were friendly and cooperative, and interdepartmental cooperation was also exceptional. My supervisor was a genuine leader and pursued not only top performance and productivity from those under her supervision, but also showed concern for our personal situations and was an encouraging example. Upper management was not as forthcoming or honest in its dealings with its lower-level workforce, and communications were not ideal. The hardest part of the job was living in an unstable employment environment as employee layoffs occurred on a regular basis as well as cuts to employee benefits, and we were never sure if/when our job would be eliminated as well, which eventually did occur unfortunately. I enjoyed working in a hospital setting and would gladly work for Barnabas Health or other healthcare system in the area.
Always a Busy and Productive day
Lead Front Desk Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAAugust 6, 2015
Helping my patients get the treatment they deserve here at this clinic. Making sure they leave here happier than they came in, in some cases that is not possible because of the news they have just received or they really are not feeling very well. Carrying conversations with some is a great part of my day, I learn a lot about them and their needs.
Working with my staff of 7 in an office of 30 is different every day. We all work hard and well together on giving the best care we can to our patients. We also take time to laugh a little at the job when there is no patients present. I try and make sure my staff is happy and that they are doing ok throughout the day. I know my staff well enough that when they are not themselves, I take the time to ask if everything is ok and they then open up and we discuss what is bothering them. Some feel better after talking and some need a little more time to get over what is going on in life or at the office. Team work is very important and I try to make sure it happens everyday if possible with my staff.
Pros
Helping someone every single day
bad management, ok hours
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PASeptember 12, 2012
i liked working in er when i started, but when they expanded it up to four times its size they expected me to clean it just as fast and did not offer any raise for it also they made two people managers that had no people skills and had bad attitudes , they pay was low , having said that i got along gret with the staff of doctors , nurses and offices workers ther i wish i would have worked with them instead
Pros
ok hours
Cons
bad management, low pay
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 14, 2016
Great learning experience for any young person who might want to be in the medical field. When helping out you feel good, since you are helping the nurses and the patients to get better.
Stress
Certified Surgical Technician (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJFebruary 15, 2015
Stress poor management aggravation lies horrible pay poor benefits people who really don't care about patients and a CEO who couldn't un a lemonade stand
Cons
stress
Community
PCA (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 12, 2014
I work from 3-11 pm. My day starts with doing vitals, blood pressure temps, and pulse. while doing these I also answer call bells, that can be from getting the nurse for pain medication or bathroom needs.
After vitals are done, I do blood glucose test on the ones who are diabetic. From there it's setting up dinners, feeding the ones who can't feed themselves. I then go to dinner. When I come back it starts all over again, vitals and doing rounds. Rounds is going from patient to patient checking on them to see if they need to be cleaned up for bed, changing diapers, making beds, cleaning rooms and bringing the garbage out. My co-workers are a variety of people, some will help you, while others don't. I think the hardest part of my job is trying to get all my work done, 32 patients on a full day, within my hours. I work alone, and some of the patients need more help then others. I work on a cardiac floor. I do get all my work done, my hardest part is not letting myself get too close to the patient, being on the cardiac floor its difficult not to. I enjoy when my patients thanks me for all the hard work I do, seeing them smile after a long day. I never stop at my job only for dinner.
Pros
the benefits
Where I was trained as a coder and trauma coder. Wow!
Outpatient Coder/Level 1 Trauma Coder (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 5, 2015
I had taken classes in school, which touched on coding. I applied at CRMC as a front desk person, thinking I'll get my foot in the door. Took a coding test. What I didn't figure out on my own, there was always someone to help right then and there. There was great communication between the coders. Although I was the newest employee, my manager trusted my abilities and assigned me to the on-site trauma coding pilot program as the only coder that, at that time, knew the way it was done. Loved it.
Pros
On-site training, trauma training, education given always
Cons
Commute to Fresno, Management had their favorites, not professional to me
This was a place of growth and challenge
Staff Nurse - Telemetry Unit (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 11, 2015
My work in community medical center would be a handful especially at first. But once you get the hang of it, everything falls into place. You develop your own routine, your co-workers are always there to help you. Maybe the hardest part of the job would be the workload per se. Due to an increase in the census everyday, staff may sometimes hold up to their maximum workload. The floor where I worked on caters a variety of cases which made me expose for more learning experience.
Pros
REASONABLE BREAKS AND POLICIES
Cons
SHORT STAFFED

Community Medical Center Reviews by Location