Community Medical Center

Community Medical Center Employer Reviews

I learned everything at CMC
R>N> (Former Employee), Toms River, NJSeptember 12, 2014
CMC was a great place for me, education available on any subject that was needed.
Great opportunities
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Fresno, caSeptember 7, 2014
I started at community as an office assistant at an out patient pharmacy. I fell in love with my work and i dedicated all my time to this place. Now i am currently a pharmacy technician. I was given an opportunity which i feel no one else would have. This was a great way to get my foot in the door.
productive
Unit Secretary/Food service (Former Employee), Toms River, NJSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: nothing
the hospital is a very fast environment and it always keeps you on your toes. it's very stressful place but a great place to work in.
Excellent Working Conditions
Assistant Director Patient Care /Resource Nurse (Former Employee), Toms River, NJSeptember 2, 2014
Excellent working conditions, friendly staff and encouraging bosses
OK Place to work
Environmental Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Toms River, NJAugust 20, 2014
Pros: close to my home
Cons: low pay managers not to good
Management always changing , staff are nice
close to my home and not to much opportunity for advancment
Exciting
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXAugust 14, 2014
Was a very fun work place, enjoyed the everyday excitement of a challenging day of work.
Compassionate about patients
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee), Missoula, MTAugust 6, 2014
Pros: caring
Cons: communication is poor
I recently was moved to Charge Posting due to reorganization of the hospital with no notice other than a weekend.
Histology Assistant
Histology Assistant (Current Employee), Toms River, NJAugust 1, 2014
Preparation, gross description and dissection of human tissue and surgical specimens
Obtaining pertinent clinical information and history, including scans, x-rays, laboratory data etc.
Describing gross anatomic features of surgical specimens, preparing tissues for histological processing, obtaining biological samples such as blood, tissue and toxicological – more... material for studies.
Photographing all appropriate gross specimens.
Assuring proper maintenance of equipment, provision of adequate supplies and cleanliness of the surgical pathology suite.

Preparation of human postmortem examination, including:
Ascertaining proper legal authorization for autopsy.
Conferring with the attending pathologist(s)
Performing postmortem examinations which may include: external
examination; in situ organ inspection; evisceration; dissection and dictation or recording of data such as organ weights, presence of body fluids, gross anatomic findings, etc.
Selecting, preparing and submitting appropriate gross tissue sections
Obtaining biological specimens such as blood, tissue and toxicological
material for studies
Photographing the body, organs and other pertinent
materials.
Gathering and organizing clinical information and data pertinent to the
preparation of the preliminary summarization of the clinical history.
Preparing the body for release. – less
Challenging, exciting and fun. Every day would bring different challenges.
Patient Access Specialist/Receptionist (Former Employee), Missoula, MontanaJuly 19, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: not having coverage when someone called in sick, you basically had to do it all, which could get difficult at times.
In the medical office it was exciting, challenging and a fast pace office which made it fun. I would schedule appointments, collect co-pays, enter patient information, file, fax, answer multiple phone lines and train new hires. My favorite thing was being able to get to know patients and making sure that they got the best care from the moment they walked – more... into the door or called for advise. We worked as a team and helped one another. There was nothing that I didn't like about my job and most of the patients had became like family to me. The hardest part was having to leave and move away. I really enjoyed everything about it.
ER Registration/Comm. Tech/Patient Access Specialist was fun, busy and exciting. Here I did a variety of things such as registering patients, collecting data, verifying insurances and collecting co-pays, placing lab, radiology and respiratory orders into the computer and making sure that each order was followed through. I would have to admit patients from the ER, Doctor Offices, other hospitals or transfer them to other departments in the Hospital. I had to multi-task and help the ER staff when needed. The hardest part of this job was having to witness deaths or traumas. Again I enjoyed this job but had to leave for personal reasons. – less
immediate co workers were great
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Scranton, PAJuly 2, 2014
Immediate co workers were great. Management left much to be desired. More or less told be glad you HAVE a job.
best place to work, advancement at every corner
Environmental Services (Former Employee), Toms River, NJMay 30, 2014
i have no complaints about this job, if i didnt have to relocate i would still be there. everything went smoothly and the management was always on top of everything. the coworkers and I got along great, i truly enjoyed working there
good
Food Service Worker/ Dietary (Former Employee), Toms River, NJMay 22, 2014
great place, wonderful people to work with. hard part is dealing with patients
Excellent work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Missoula, MTMay 18, 2014
Great place to work, great medical care. Time spent on quality patient care with individual emphasis.
Community
PCA (Current Employee), Toms River, NJMay 12, 2014
Pros: the benefits
I work from 3-11 pm. My day starts with doing vitals, blood pressure temps, and pulse. while doing these I also answer call bells, that can be from getting the nurse for pain medication or bathroom needs.
After vitals are done, I do blood glucose test on the ones who are diabetic. From there it's setting up dinners, feeding the ones who can't feed themselves. – more... I then go to dinner. When I come back it starts all over again, vitals and doing rounds. Rounds is going from patient to patient checking on them to see if they need to be cleaned up for bed, changing diapers, making beds, cleaning rooms and bringing the garbage out. My co-workers are a variety of people, some will help you, while others don't. I think the hardest part of my job is trying to get all my work done, 32 patients on a full day, within my hours. I work alone, and some of the patients need more help then others. I work on a cardiac floor. I do get all my work done, my hardest part is not letting myself get too close to the patient, being on the cardiac floor its difficult not to. I enjoy when my patients thanks me for all the hard work I do, seeing them smile after a long day. I never stop at my job only for dinner. – less
very nice place to work
Admitting Supervisor (Former Employee), Oakhurst, CAApril 30, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: business sold to adventist health and my posititon is no longer necessary.
coverage of shifts if any call-offs. I also do workqueues that might have missing charges,cpt codes or icd-9 codes.
Schedule appointments if needed.
I have worked with my co-workers for 13 years and they are a great group of people.
The management is awesome and have taught me a great deal
Hardest part of my job is losing it and knowing that I will – more... not be able to continue working here.
Most enjoyable part is knowing that I am helping staff to prepare to become valued employees. – less
Enjoyed educating patients and families
RN - Special Procedures / Emergency Services (Former Employee), Missoula, MTApril 21, 2014
Pros: workplace environment
Cons: pay scale
I enjoyed working in the special procedures laboratories My co-workers were open in sharing and exchanging knowledge and skill set experience.

My favorite part was learning what I needed to know and then imparting the knowledge by providing education to patients and families pre- and post- procedure.

FLEXIBLE scheduling was also a great benefit.
Dont do it!
RN in ICU (Former Employee), Missoula, MTApril 11, 2014
Pros: leaving at the end of my shift
Cons: ungrateful, rude staff
I worked as an RN at CMC for 8 years. It will be the most unappreciated you have ever felt if you work here. They are lazy, rude and unfriendly.
A great experience
Volunteer (Current Employee), Missoula, MTApril 3, 2014
My experience was in a internship, I learned a lot and was a wonderful opportunity.
CMC volunteer
Volenteer (Former Employee), Toms River, NJApril 3, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: dealing with angry patients
working as a volunteer was an enjoyable experience because i was there so long and did so many different things everyone liked me
i leaned how to do lost of things like handle money, register patients, file papers in medical records, and configure computers
Enjoyable work environment with team spirit.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Toms River, NJMarch 28, 2014
I enjoyed my tenure at Community Medical Center and would have continued working there well into my retirement years. I knew my job intricately; training was exceptional; my coworkers were friendly and cooperative, and interdepartmental cooperation was also exceptional. My supervisor was a genuine leader and pursued not only top performance and productivity – more... from those under her supervision, but also showed concern for our personal situations and was an encouraging example. Upper management was not as forthcoming or honest in its dealings with its lower-level workforce, and communications were not ideal. The hardest part of the job was living in an unstable employment environment as employee layoffs occurred on a regular basis as well as cuts to employee benefits, and we were never sure if/when our job would be eliminated as well, which eventually did occur unfortunately. I enjoyed working in a hospital setting and would gladly work for Barnabas Health or other healthcare system in the area. – less

1 2 3 4