Community Medical Center Employee Reviews

Best place I've worked at yet.
LVN (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 24, 2017
The reason I am leaving this company is because it is far away from home. If I could continue to work for them and be closer to home I would. This has, by far, been the best company I have worked for.
Pros
Great people, teamwork, and co workers.
Cons
Per diems do not get any benefits and your hours can be cut real quick.
Don't leave your job for this company
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLJune 20, 2017
Beware! Ask around before going to work for this company!!!
The grass is not always greener on the other side. The company definitely needs to learn to have good employee ethics.
Everything they do is about them. No room for growth here.
Pros
Free lunches from the drug representatives
Cons
Poor management
Hostile work environment
Former staff (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTJune 13, 2017
You do not want to work for CMC! They are for profit and only care about the bottom line which is money and keeping shareholders happy. Proceed directly to PHS and apply there instead. The workplace culture and management are hostile. They will suck you dry and never tell you that you are doing a good job or our appreciated.
Pros
Non
Cons
Hostile, for profit hospital
busy place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 12, 2017
busy place to work. management keeps department budgets tight. employees are great to work with. work loads can be heavy. staffing not always great.
Pros
great schedule
Cons
small raises
great staff
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Monmouth, ILJune 2, 2017
worked on f wing skilled floor which is closed now. had a lot of fun and memories. staff was awesome and worked well together.was located within the hospital which was great in case of an emergency. also had some fun times with the residents.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
closed the unit
Team work
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 21, 2017
The department associates were by far the nicest group of people to work with. No matter what kind of day employees were confronted with, everyone worked together.
Depends on the department
Dietary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 13, 2017
In my particular department (dietary) Although I enjoy the job it self (Dietary Assistant) their are some people that make working there to be extremely uncomfortable and honestly, an unwelcome environment. But i'm sure not all departments are like that, and if you can somehow manage to get full time, the benefits are phenomenal.
Pros
Cons
People
A great place to work,. Great ppl, we helped one another
OR Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAApril 30, 2017
This review reflects a review of almost 20 years ago. Staff helped each other.. Emergency​ surgery was all that was allowed on weekends..Sometime on call you could work most of the weekend and then return in Monday morning at 7:00'am.
Pros
Great feeling helping ppl., Alleviate their fears..
Cons
Times of no lunch or break.. Not seeing your patients after surgery to follow up.
Overall positive place to work
Patient Representative I, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Fresno,CAApril 14, 2017
Parking was stressful. Food options can be better. Experience was more positive than negative working there. Managers made experience worthwhile to stay.
Still a family feel
Advance Practice Nurse (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTApril 6, 2017
In spite of the merger recently there is still a feel that CMC is a family and that managers care about their employees. I have been there 4 years and am happy with my experience.
Good job work/life balance
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJApril 5, 2017
Good job work /life balance.
Good benefits and good overall workplace culture .
Great co -workers and management.
Overall , great work experience.
Good Group of people
Phlebotomy Clinical (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMarch 30, 2017
Management is unprofessional and favors particular people. They hire very inexperienced phlebotomist who are unreliable. Some of the employees do not want to participate in teamwork in inpatient, however, the nursing home phlebotomist are all there to help each other out.
hardworking, facdpced leval one trump united alot of ground to cover.
HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 13, 2017
i loved the hosiptal and all the employees, the work was high for low pay andno advancements and i went 3 years with no raise cause the hosiptal put a cap on the raises.. so i feel if thers gowth and education in the work field thats a happy job...
HR services not up to standards
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTMarch 13, 2017
To many changes in the HR department from when I started to when I left the company. Not enough time to turn the HR department around with any of the HR Directors.
under staffed and tough work environment
Personal Care Assistant/Observer- Part Time (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMarch 7, 2017
The floor I worked was extremely short staffed all the time, overloaded with patients and therefore care to patients suffered. The RN staff I worked with was awesome, however they were often short staffed and over loaded with patient responsibilities.
Helpful and competant workplace.
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAMarch 4, 2017
The hardest part of this job was the location.
This was located in the basement of a building that had no windows and only one way our of the department.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Learn a lot in the workplace
Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJFebruary 21, 2017
You have the ability to grow in this work environment down fall of the company is they are not on your side when you get injured on the job. other than that good place to work
teller
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 15, 2017
on a typical day I would cash checks, do money grams, and pay bills. I learned how to handle money better. my coworkers were great to work with. the hardest part was making sure you didn't stay short on your drawer,
It was an ok place to work for
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 5, 2017
I get up at 4:30 in the morning sometimes earlier and draw 35+ patients which all has to be done by 7:30. After all the morning work is done you go on break, after break you draw what is left over which are stats or timed studied etc. I learned a lot of things, how to work as a team with different people, how to communicate effectively with patients and other healthcare professionals. The things I've learned will be helpful in a lot of different situation. My co-workers become more as family. I've built a bond with them that I hold very special to me. The hardest part about my job is the hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is my co-workers they make the day go by faster.
Productive, fun coworkers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTDecember 29, 2016
Start at 7a. Meet your patients, Dopatients ADL Cares.
That there are many different people and beliefs .
Good for the most part.coworkers were fun.
Sitting with a patient.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Never enough staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Community Medical Center Reviews by Location