Community Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to work.
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 17, 2016
None.
Work there a short time. If you like nursing this is the place to come and work. The pay varies on the type of job you are looking for,
Pros
Cons
Nonet
Great place, better people.
Patient Appointment Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Oconto Falls, WIApril 13, 2016
They treat their employees quite well, however, it is very difficult to advance and move up. Also, I don't believe the are Community Memorial hospital. They were bought out as I left, so I no longer know what it's like there any more.
Does not appreciate Dietary or Housekeeping staff
Kitchen Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NYApril 4, 2016
Repetitve and boring, learnedstates laws for Food Service,most management was very good and fair, but to much turnover.Enjoyed my co-workers and have kept in contact with a few over the years.The hardest part of the job was coming into work so early.
Pros
tasting the food
Cons
handling irate Patients
A very organized and productive place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Hill, VAMarch 18, 2016
We always had the material we need to perform our work duties. We had enough staff to show up in a timely manner. The nursing staff helps out when we are short staff.
Pros
If we work a double shift we get one free meal.
Cons
Breaks want long enough.
Interesting.
General Clerk, Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day at work involved filing all the patients records, and also scanning the paper files onto the computer so that there was an electronic copy of records as well. I learned a lot about the medical field while working in medical records.
Busy and Productive envoriment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 24, 2015
I worked graveyard shift., I did blood draws for the entire hospital. extremely fast paced job. I enjoyed working there.
Productive, caring work place
Dietary Employee (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NYSeptember 23, 2015
There are many positions within the dietary department offering many opportunities to learn and to gain hours. The management is very flexible and caring about personal lives of employees. In general, great work atmosphere with a long standing good reputation.
Pros
Union
A day to change someones life.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Hill, VASeptember 16, 2015
Went in with team work with my co-workers. Went to work with a goal to accomplish and that was to help as many patients as needed with daily routines. The hardest part was trying to get everything done when we were short of help but it was always managed to get done. The best part of the job was knowing that if I helped at least one patient to make their day better then I did my job. It also helped hearing it from patients that I made their day and they were so thankful for the help.
Pros
Becoming a part of their family even though it wasn't blood related.
Cons
Sometimes no breaks, working double shifts, working short of help.
Hospital
Ward Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NYSeptember 15, 2015
Enjoyed my job completely just was let go because wrong place wrong time. I loved my coworkers and working with the patients every night.
ES Supervisor Beware
ES Supervisor (Former Employee) –  milwaukee, WISeptember 3, 2015
No training, confused management in ES department. Some workers hard working, others given a pass. Manager confused, needed glory
Patient care based hospital with an attentive staff and excellent clinical instructors from OCC.
RN Student Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 27, 2015
I was responsible for daily patient care, taking patient vitals, charting, and tending to individual patient needs. Under the supervision of an RN from the hospital, I was able to apply lessons learned in the clinical lab at OCC and provide patients with personal, compassionate care.
Professional and caring place to work
Medical Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAAugust 25, 2015
I enjoyed working with my co-workers. They were always there to help when someone needed help with any claim they were struggling with. Communication was very strong in all departments.
The hardest part of the job is getting sleepy looking at the computer screen most of the day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the job itself.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
the cafateria was across the street and down in the basement
Admitting Rep/PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 13, 2015
Community Memorial was a wonderful place to work. I started off as the PBX operator temp to hire. I was able to become permanent as an admitting rep. Here I learned stronger skills in customer service and to work as a team member. I would have continued to work there if not for re locating.
Pros
Good work environment, opportunity for advancement, stability, good benefits
Cmh
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 11, 2015
Working at Community Memorial has been a great first experience for a new graduate nurse. I had an amazing preceptor who I can still go to for anything, and most of the unit staff were helpful, during and after I completed my preceptorship. One of the hardest things about working in this facility is that, because the unit is small, when census is low, call-offs happen regularly, and make it difficult to maintain consistency. I have gained the building blocks of experience I need to further my career and grow professionally.
Fun place to work
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJune 27, 2015
This was a fun place to work and a fun place to gain experience. I gained a great deal of knowledge that can be used at future careers that was helpful.
Close to home
Patient Accts Rep (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, OHJune 19, 2015
In my regular day I would open mail and deposit checks. I would run credit cards and batch them out. I would answer phone calls. Data entry on computer, including spreadsheets. Reviewing transfer sheets and completer write offs. Current staffing can make the job more difficult.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no rome to grow
Changes in management have made job security a question
Patient Accts Rep (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, OHJune 19, 2015
In really enjoy my relationships with my co-workers. I have a full day of running credit cards and batching them out. Paperwork always needs completed for adjustments, write offs, etc. Opening mail and completing deposits for the bank. Completing data entry on the computer, including filling out spread sheets. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the work flow at times, and management decisions.
Pros
close to home, benefits are good
Cons
rarely getting breaks and politics of healthcare
"Family Orientated" environment
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJune 11, 2015
A typical day would consist of coming in, checking schedule, greeting employees for day, having a "five minute meeting" to let everyone what census was and any projects that needed to be completed and/or issues or concerns for day. Check with upper management on overall hospital status and perform a morning walk through greeting patients, other team members and employees of department asking if anything needed to be done and/or is anything was needed. Most enjoyable part of the job...seeing satisfaction through patients comments, employees communication and/or through management meetings. It supported the departments goals and forward movement.
Pros
Excellent working enviroment
Cons
I am type A and needed to spend quality time regrouping on myself at times.
Great people
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMay 22, 2015
Staff are some of the best I have encountered, the hospital is off the beaten path a bit and has a bit of a rivalry with Aurora, the mid-level providers are extremely invested in their staff and their patients.
productive workplace
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMay 14, 2015
a typical day at work is smooth very profesional work place qyuiet well kept. the company is a very good organization to work for