Community Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Oconto Falls, WIJune 13, 2017
I enjoyed my job, but felt the hospital needed more leadership and organizing. The hours and pay were not bad. The staff was friendly. Working weekends and Holidays are not the greatest when you have a family, but I made it work
Good place to learn and gain experience
Respiratory Therapist II (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAMay 18, 2017
Great place to gain experience in general patient care and critical care. Most employees are friendly and easy to work with. The patient population for this area is varied, but are wonderful to care for.
Loved working on 6th floor
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAMay 18, 2017
I absolutely loved the nurses and patients I was able to work with. I learned so much on 6th floor! I was grateful I was given a job right out of nursing school.
Pros
Free lunches with certain milestones
Cons
busy floor, sometimes hard to take breaks in a timely manner
Great place to work!
RN (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMay 18, 2017
There is a loot of room for advancement within this company, great co-workers, clean environment, typically 12 hour shifts for nurse positions. Very positive place to work.
Friendly Environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Cloquet, MNMay 9, 2017
The people are great to work with. The friendly atmosphere makes it a great place to return to every day. Plenty of training in different areas, once you get your foot in the door, it's easy to switch positions in the building. Management and staff care about everyone's happiness.
Pros
union pay
Cons
fast pace environment, hard to get a position because they prefer to hire internally
petty co wokers
Registered Nurse, ER (Former Employee) –  menominee falls wisconsinMay 5, 2017
training staff would disappear and not inform you they would leave the unit. Was also told to do things by trainer that the doctor did not want done to transfer pt. pt transferred by ambulance, doctor upset and blamed trainee yet was told to do so by trainer, then blamed trainee.
petty childish co workers.
poor training layout
weak manager
Great Work Environment
Transporter (Current Employee) –  venturaMay 4, 2017
Great place to work, everyone is willing to teach and show how things are done. The management is awesome, they are really friendly and get problems taken care of on a timely matter and with confidentially.
productive
Lab Technician/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAApril 26, 2017
Very productive company and the security of the job is good.Have a good benefits and program to the employee to offers like they paid for your schooling if u are study in medical field.
Pros
no overtime
LPN Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NYApril 15, 2017
I learned how to draw blood, I was responsible for vaccanations, and prescripton refills as well as working side by side with the Dr's on duty. My patients were the most enjoyable part of the job. The hard part was traveling between 2 different offices every week.
Pros
Collegues
Cons
The hours
HIM Manager
HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, OHApril 10, 2017
Classified as a working manager. Worked with other departments related to documentation and charges as well as other compliance projects with JCAHO and other accrediting bodies.
Pros
Team

Want to know more about Community Memorial Hospital?

Ask a question
Manager EVS
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAApril 5, 2017
The manager is veryconfused between "job"&"race"this manager is that kind of people that gives the hand and after that he/she threw you under the bus.
Pros
Cons
Poor professionalism and hypocrisy into the department (there is not ethic)
Fast paced and busy
senior in the night shift (Current Employee) –  147 N Brent St, Ventura Ca 93001March 17, 2017
A typical day consisted of face paced registration and payment collections. I've learned how to work under pressure with great accuracy. There are no managers at night and since i'm the night senior i've had to be the one everyone come for answers or help. The ER staff at night are like a second family. Very dependable and helpful. Being fully staffed with new hires not trained and thrown in a busy emergency room. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping coworkers fix thier registration errors.
Pros
health insurance, bonuses, good pay
Cons
short breaks, short lunches, graveyard
teamwork for the patient's well being
Discharge Planner/Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NYFebruary 13, 2017
Good place to work if you seek to be a part of a caring healthcare team member with the patient's well being in the fore front. Opportunity to grow, learn, and have a peer group.
Pros
the staff in general
Small environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIFebruary 6, 2017
I enjoy working here. Some people can treat you differently based on the title of your job. Overall the hospital is great at meeting the needs of the patients . It is a very diverse organization.
Pros
Free holiday lunch and one time yearly bonus
Cons
Short breaks, can become very very busy, once a year raise
Good Experience
Medical Record Technician (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAFebruary 3, 2017
As part of Health Information Technology Program, successfully completed internship in the Health Information Management Department. Learned a lot supervisors were very helpful spend time to teach each and every steps. Also, got to worked as an regular employee independently that was very helpful. That gave confidence and all the co-workers were very helpful eager to teach and answer any questions.
Under appreciated as an valuable part of the team
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NYJanuary 30, 2017
worked there most of my career felt under appreciated loved working with the providers and patients we had great benifits. Always thought it to be a family until it became about insurances and how much the hospital could get back and patients and staff became numbers not people
Pros
Mileage good benefits
Cons
Lack of cohesiveness among staff
Great opportunity but not so caring supervisors.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Ventura, CAJanuary 25, 2017
I work in the cafeteria and although all the employees are great the management needs some work on how to talk to not only staff but visitors. The workload is sometimes a lot but I don't mind keeping busy. While I was working there my boyfriend's grandmother passed away I was really close to her I used to spend 2 days a week with her and they wouldn't let me have the day of her funeral off instead they said if i called out they would write me up. So that would be a negative aspect of the job. Besides that the pay is good and the employees are amazing like a second family.
Pros
great pay and discounts
Cons
management doesn't care about employees
Good Experience
Internship in the Health Information Department. (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Very well-organized and positive environment to work in.
Access Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIDecember 20, 2016
Froedtert Health in general is a well-structured organization that shows appreciation to it's employees very often. Community Memorial Hospital specifically provides a positive and welcoming environment in addition to ample opportunities throughout the organization.
Floor Nurse ed and ICU (Former Employee) –  South Hill, VADecember 15, 2016
small hospital poor management never there to evaluate staff work load intermittent and er vs icu was very obvious poor traing with computers and hearsay instead of investigated was rampant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.