Community Mental Health Affiliates

Community Mental Health Affiliates Employer Reviews

Good people, skilled clinical team, little job security
Assessment Specialist (Former Employee), New Britain, CTJune 25, 2014
Pros: skilled, competant colleagues, fair benefits package
Cons: little job security
Worked at an outpatient clinic working serving DMHAS clients. Good group of people, and good support from supervisors within the clinic. Served individuals with chronic mental illness and substance use disorders. Fast-paced and challenging but a lot of fun. Unfortunately funding and job security have become problematic.
worked there for five years
Director-Substance Abuse Action Council (Former Employee), New Britain, CTJune 15, 2014
Over the years at CMHA, I witnessed many changes. I enjoyed working with the clients.
Growing and innovating
Case Manager (Current Employee), New Britain, CTDecember 10, 2013
Provided me with great opportunities for advancement. The management and my co-workers are professional and supportive.
Very enjoyable place to work
Case Manager/Residential Counselor I=ACTT (Former Employee), New Britain, CTMay 29, 2013
Pros: wonderful people, very rewarding
Cons: management unwilling to arrange schedule for medical needs
I worked for this company back in 1999 in the I-ACTT Department. I Loved working with the Residents ( there were 14 or 16 living in on site apartments and 4 persons living in Respite apartments). I enjoyed going to work daily and also respected the Agencies Mission and Culture. They really seem to do what is best for the people they serve.
I unfortunately – more... had to leave due to a conflict in scheduling which I was informed would change every few months but it did not (i.e Full time consisted of working 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts combined at times you had to work doubles and have less then 8 hours until you had to go back). If it were not for that reason and the Managers willingness to work out a schedule so I was not a walking zombie I would still be working there.
That was the only negative experience I had at this agency. I would recommend this agency to anyone to either become employed there or seek services from there. – less
To obtain a position within your company that showcases my skills while aiding in its’ growth
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), New Britain CTOctober 27, 2012
Pros: work hard
Cons: work hard
Motivated, personable and business professional. Talent for quickly mastering technology.
My long-time counseling position was spiritually rewarding, I enjoy the field, and I hope to return to it.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), New Britain, CTJune 8, 2012
Pros: getting a 'charge' from helping clients to reach independence, learning from clients as much as i taught them, honing my people skills
Cons: subject to layoffs based upon the company's stability.
I would work with twelve clients with axis I disorders, primarily schizophrenia, bipolar, schizoaffective, and MDD. I case managed two of the twelve and worked on fortifying their independent functioning so that they could transition into the community, without need of a 24-hour residential program. Additionally I managed up to 4 respite clients who – more... would come in for short-term stays to prevent escalation of psychological symptoms that would put them at risk for hospitalization, or, sometimes, assist those transitioning back from a hospital stay. I learned more efficient ways to educate and guide clients to make responsible, self-sufficient choices, and very much the concept that I could always lead a horse to water, but could never make him drink, as the adage goes. Education and patience were the two best tools for getting there. I enjoyed a supportive group of coworkers that very much tried to stay on the same page to streamline client care. My program managers over time were valued guidance, especially when I would have a challenging client or situation that required some feedback. The hardest part was often trying to guide a client toward the most responsible and independent path without ever pushing against them. Clients who are on board with treatment and agree with the methods are the most successful, and I consider it my job to work with the client to steer them toward more independent behaviors with the most beneficial and least harmful coping mechanisms. The most enjoyable part was the satisfaction of having a client that came in at one level of functioning that would be at risk in the community, and seeing that client leave at a higher level of functioning so that they could manage themselves independently. – less