Community Mercy Health Partners Employee Reviews in United States

Great organization with true compassion for their patients and residents.
Director Senior Health & Housing Revenue Cycle (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 4, 2014
Excellent company. Opportunity to learn many aspects of management and operations.
Pros
great tuition reimbursement benefits
Cons
long travel time to office
Good working environment
Resident Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHApril 26, 2014
This is a company that has a big influence in my community. Company is constantly evolving and job security is not guaranteed.
Knee-jerk policies, poor staffing, too high acuity.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHDecember 16, 2013
Registered Nurses beware!

I was really impressed with SRMC/CMHP when I first started working there. It is a new facility, the CEO came down to talk to us at orientation, they seemed to have their ducks in a row.

Since about May 2013, things began to head downhill fast. Repeated knee-jerk reactive policies took up more and more nursing time. For example, a patient coded while in transport, so despite the fact that our transporters are BLS certified, nurses must travel with every single patient to every single off-floor procedure. When you have 6 patients, this is a big deal.

In a span of five days the week before I quit, my unit had 9 rapid responses. Nearly all of them were because our med/surg floor is repeatedly given patients that are suitable for stepdowns or ICUs instead, and supervisors would prefer to argue with you than help when you try to point out that your floor shouldn't have this patient. I literally had to refuse a patient with a HGB of LESS THAN 5 for a MED/SURG floor! I had 5 other patients, how am I supposed to provide adequate care to someone with less than half of their normal circulating volume?

Acuities are no longer measured at all on the unit I worked on, so it was very easy for one person to get overloaded with multiple patients with a lot of problems, while others got a very light load. Our manager insisted we'd just have to "work as a team" those days, but that's just not how it ever works out. Even with low acuity, 6 patients is a lot of work, and since we were continually short-staffed, you rarely got the help you needed.

I was literally yelled
  more... at one day when I transferred another nurse's patient to the ICU "too fast". The doctor was yelling on the phone to get the patient to the ICU, the supervisor was aware, and I had a bed assignment, and as the patient was vomiting blood, we moved him as soon as we had the bed number, but according to the ICU educator, we should have kept him until his nurse came back from his lunch break in order to move the patient. So...I should have kept a critical patient on my floor for 30 minutes?

These are just a very, very small portion of the daily things we're expected to put up with.

The only reason I stayed as long as I did was because I loved my coworkers. But since August, we've lost a large number of nurses (in my unit and in the hospital as a whole).

Compensation is barely comparable to Columbus or Dayton - they offer experienced nurses only 1 dollar above their wage for new grad nurses.

They don't really take the time to ensure you get lunch breaks, either. It all comes down to how good your charge nurse is that day.

And forget other breaks. I can count on one hand the number of 15 minute breaks I got in over a year of working there. Techs get those breaks, because they are union. Nurses, no one cares about.

And last but by no means least, this hospital is BROKE. They canceled a lot of our 'mandatory' education at the end of the year, and a lot of supplies and the like stopped getting stocked well. We had fewer snacks to offer patients, and we were threatened with layoffs if incremental overtime didn't stop (despite the fact that we were already short staffed).
Pros
new facility and equipment
Cons
everything else
Rehab was a great place to work because we function great as a team.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHOctober 31, 2013
My coworkers were always willing to answer questions. The night shift worked very well together and if a conflict occurred it was resolved quickly.
Excellent Staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 19, 2012
I love the staff. They made it feel great to go to work each day. Unfortunately in my department, an outside life was difficult to maintain without a lot of support. I loved feeling like I made a difference in patients' lives.
Pros
good benefits

Want to know more about Community Mercy Health Partners?

Ask a question