Community Partners Employee Reviews

Great benefits, but a lot of office politics
MHRI Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 28, 2016
Great experience at CPI, but office politics and overwhelming work load.
We help get homeless population off the streets and are dealing with many behavior problems.
There are no commissions or bonuses at this job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
not enough staff - too much work
Best job yet!
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  MaineSeptember 23, 2016
Working for Community Partners, Inc was the best job I have had yet. A typical work day was always fun and fulfilling. I learned how to deal with stressful situations, and more managerial skills to further my career. My co-workers were always wonderful and great to work with. The hardest part of my job was when my clients started moving to other homes after the bond I had created with them. The most enjoyable part of my job was everyday I was there, I was helping someone in need, doing activities with them, encouraging community inclusion, teaching them new things, learning more about them, and interacting with them as much as they could.
Fun and flexible work environment
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pahokee, FLNovember 22, 2016
Great opportunity for a someone who is still developing as a professional, as well as, an individual who enjoys a "work hard/Play hard" culture.
Pros
Flexible
Disorganized and Stressful Company to Work For
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHOctober 23, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of making phone calls and appointments with clients for case management services, as well as answering phones and making home visits for the Service Link department. The expectations to balance both Service Link responsibilities while balancing a caseload of 60 plus clients was extremely high and unrealistic.

The work environment was very disorganized and it was very evident that many people at the company felt overwhelmed and dissatisfied with their work. It was expected of you to "pick up the slack" if work wasn't being done in other departments, even though it is not part of your job. Very little room for advancement and growth. Terrible work-life balance, due to the very stressful environment and expectations to work over 40 hours/week (without compensation or recognition of hard work).
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, difficult work environment
Non profit TCM
Targeted Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLNovember 17, 2016
It is a very family orientated company and they are really open to helping the client in the community which may have mental health issues and do not have knowledge of community resources or stability in the community. The hardest part of the job finding resources to help the families and not getting the support from agencies to help the client with them being stable in the community.
Pros
Helping Clients Succeed
Cons
Work a lot of hours and not getting paid
great company
DSP/CRMA (Former Employee) –  Monmouth, MEMarch 4, 2016
nice company to work for. lots of social/community inclusion. lots of wonderful staff. beautiful location with lots of room for walking around with residents or lounging in the sun with residents feet in a pool.
Pros
lots of benefits
Cons
poor management
Teacher Assistant loved working with the youth
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2016
This position serves as a teacher in a classroom of toddlers and pre-kindergarteners by planning, implementing, and supervising all center-based activities. Work with children with developmental delays, also this position assigned additional duties based upon program need and areas of developing expertise.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Need more money
Great Place
Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLNovember 28, 2016
Maintained knowledge of residential and non-residential resources available in the West Palm Beach/Palm Beach County area
• Counseled client according to service plan goals and objectives. Link and assist client with community resources related to service plan goals
Rewarding job
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MENovember 27, 2016
Rewarding job supporting great individuals, non-profit rarely see wage increase. Company provids paid training and certifications. Room for overtime. Day program and residential.
Pros
Great individuals, rewarding
Cons
Health care, non-profit
Toxic work environment.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 13, 2016
'Work hard and expect nothing in return' could be the agency motto. The HR director and the COO seemingly spend all their time finding new ways to bleed their employees dry. There is no appreciation for hard work. The pay is embarrassingly low and the morale is even worse. Spare yourself the time and energy and stay clear of this poorly run nightmare of an agency.
Training Ground
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHJuly 6, 2015
This company has been through a lot of transition recently with the introduction of capitation in NH. As a result, Community Partners has worked hard to maintain their services and required mandates for the state through this period of uncertainty. Employees at Community Partners are often asked to increase their work-load without compensation. Many employees do not feel appreciated and will work to gain experience before moving on to new opportunities.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
healthcare and paperwork
Community Support Services
Community Support Services (Current Employee) –  Dover, NHFebruary 29, 2016
Picking up clients starting as early as 8am bringing them to the grocery store, banking, cooking class, exercise, Doctor visits, Therapy visits, teaching budgeting, social skills, healthy living skills. I learned that no matter the disability each client had the ability to learn a new skill or become more confident in the skills they possessed.
My co-workers and management team worked like a well oiled machine. It was sad that the department I worked in for two years was removed due to budget cuts.
The hardest part of the job was not taking the job home with me. No allowing the clients to call me ten to twenty times a night unless is was an emergency.
The most enjoyable part of the job is most definitely the clients. They love you unconditionally, smile with you, cry and lean on you, and trust you without thought.
Pros
Getting the ability to give to another human things I had taken advantage of.
Cons
Poor pay, getting attached to a client and losing them.
Productive and caring for residents
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJuly 8, 2016
I enjoy helping those who would not live a fulfilled life without personal and effective care. Residents appreciate our help as much as we appreciate spending time with them. We use the best of our knowledge and pre-nursing skills that we can to give them hope and healing.
Small company with consistent work schedules.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEJanuary 29, 2013
This is a very routine oriented company filled with hard working and detail specific workers. Upper management tend to be very personable, and approachable in nature. The hardest part of the job is to separate categories of notes.
Pros
paid trainings, holidays, benefits.
Cons
no scheduled breaks.
No support from managment, great coworkers...just not a place that takes care of their employee's.
ASSISTANT TO THE DAY PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHOctober 20, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of unreasonable deadlines from management and a work load that was not doable in an eight hour shift. Besides the things I learned from the countless trainings I had there, one lesson I did learn is how to supervise people. The diversity of staff there taught me that no one person is alike and I learned to support people with their short comings and encourage them by recognizing their strengths and what they contribute to the organization.
When upper management was under pressure it trickled down to middle management and DSP's. Ethics went out the window and the morral in the organization went from good to bad quickly!
I thoroughly enjoyed my coworkers, they were the people who kept me going on not so good days. Great people to work with!
The hardest part of the job for me was working an 8+ hour shift to get ten things finished and not being recognized for going above and beyond. It was always very disappointing when I aced a project and I didn't get a single bit of recognition. Instead, I was told to do better next time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the DSP's and the clients doing direct care. I enjoyed the human contact and talking with a client who just wanted me to sit with him and listen to his funny stories.
Benefits
Fun and fast-paced working environment
Outpatient Therapist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 26, 2016
Fun and fast-paced working environment where employees are encouraged to be autonomous and develop their skills to increase their value to the agency
Pros
continuing education provided, free supervision
Cons
located in West Palm Beach
Challenging work with diminishing return.
Developmental Trainer (DT) (Former Employee) –  Parsonsfield, MEFebruary 27, 2014
*Direct care of developmentally delayed individuals; daily reinforcement of social and personal skills, assisting with hygiene and dealing with behavior issues. As DT; responsible for writing monthly reports for the individuals in my case load, assisting the Clinical Coordinator with Quarterly reports and the yearly PCP Report. Supervision of staff during my shifts.
*Behavior management skills, routine planning for the clients.
*Immediate supervisor was really good, management above him was really bad.
*The co-workers were nice enough, but always seemed ready to throw anyone else under the bus, so to speak, to make themselves look better. They mostly wanted to do what they wanted when at work.
*The company politics.
*The clients were great and the whole reason for doing the job.
Pros
Working in a rural setting.
Cons
Management and co-workers.
Nice people, Old technologies
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 17, 2015
I was laid off at the end of the companies contract with the state for behavioral health services. My experience with the company is not relevant going forward as the company is completely changed at this point. I experienced poor management of projects and being stuck working with old technologies and software.
Pros
Great people for the most part.
Cons
Demands on work hours and lack of stability for project burndown.
Fun Workplace, well organized and professional work manner
Case Aide, Family Managed Employee (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 15, 2015
Very great work place and management very prompt at helping in every way they can. I loved this job. I loved working with my family I was assigned with. My job was teaching life skills and other areas of daily life skills. I did not have an aggressive client, they were great and when it came to reporting monthly reports I had a few questions because I did not understand it fully and my management was fast to respond back to my questions. I worked here for almost a year and if I hadn't moved far away I still would have stayed here, I miss my job and I was sad to go, it was great, the family, the manager, my client, I was very lucky to have them.
Pros
Great Managaement well organized and respectful
Cons
There was no cons
Life at Community Partners
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 8, 2014
Great company to work for. Hours were flexible and ample opportunity for overtime and advancement within the company
Pros
Flexable Schedule, great work-life balance
Cons
Low end insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Partners. Our community is ready to answer.