Community Partners Employee Reviews

No support from managment, great coworkers...just not a place that takes care of their employee's.
ASSISTANT TO THE DAY PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHOctober 20, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of unreasonable deadlines from management and a work load that was not doable in an eight hour shift. Besides the things I learned from the countless trainings I had there, one lesson I did learn is how to supervise people. The diversity of staff there taught me that no one person is alike and I learned to support people with their short comings and encourage them by recognizing their strengths and what they contribute to the organization.
When upper management was under pressure it trickled down to middle management and DSP's. Ethics went out the window and the morral in the organization went from good to bad quickly!
I thoroughly enjoyed my coworkers, they were the people who kept me going on not so good days. Great people to work with!
The hardest part of the job for me was working an 8+ hour shift to get ten things finished and not being recognized for going above and beyond. It was always very disappointing when I aced a project and I didn't get a single bit of recognition. Instead, I was told to do better next time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the DSP's and the clients doing direct care. I enjoyed the human contact and talking with a client who just wanted me to sit with him and listen to his funny stories.
benefits
very personable job with clients, enjoyed in that aspect
child care worker (Current Employee) –  hamden, connecticutOctober 26, 2014
From eight hours a day, five days a week working with juveniles is very enjoyable. Helping them with specific needs and watching over them while they are in school and sometimes off grounds. I learned a lot about the work environment and what a good staff member really is. Everyone makes mistakes so while each client did come into my program with a back round and paperwork i always chose not to look at that and base my opinion of them based on our personal interactions. Having three separate work shifts i had many coworkers but worked directly with three of them and two managers on first shift. For the most part the staff were great but like all jobs you can tell who is there for a check and who actually cares about the job, it always shows in the work. At the end of the day i wanted this job because i care tremendously about kids of all ages and working at this job gave me a perfect outlet to speak in close quarters with up to six clients at a time about things i have experienced in my life and give them their own voice and outlet at the same time.
Pros
clients and location
Cons
mandated shifts if your relief did not come to work
Disorganized and Stressful Company to Work For
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHOctober 23, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of making phone calls and appointments with clients for case management services, as well as answering phones and making home visits for the Service Link department. The expectations to balance both Service Link responsibilities while balancing a caseload of 60 plus clients was extremely high and unrealistic.

The work environment was very disorganized and it was very evident that many people at the company felt overwhelmed and dissatisfied with their work. It was expected of you to "pick up the slack" if work wasn't being done in other departments, even though it is not part of your job. Very little room for advancement and growth. Terrible work-life balance, due to the very stressful environment and expectations to work over 40 hours/week (without compensation or recognition of hard work).
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, difficult work environment
Challenging work with diminishing return.
Developmental Trainer (DT) (Former Employee) –  Parsonsfield, MEFebruary 27, 2014
*Direct care of developmentally delayed individuals; daily reinforcement of social and personal skills, assisting with hygiene and dealing with behavior issues. As DT; responsible for writing monthly reports for the individuals in my case load, assisting the Clinical Coordinator with Quarterly reports and the yearly PCP Report. Supervision of staff during my shifts.
*Behavior management skills, routine planning for the clients.
*Immediate supervisor was really good, management above him was really bad.
*The co-workers were nice enough, but always seemed ready to throw anyone else under the bus, so to speak, to make themselves look better. They mostly wanted to do what they wanted when at work.
*The company politics.
*The clients were great and the whole reason for doing the job.
Pros
working in a rural setting.
Cons
management and co-workers.
Residents in the home are exciting and fun to work with...
CRMA/DSP (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEMarch 14, 2013
Arrived at the same home four days a week to assist and provide care for a few individuals with mental and medical needs. My co-workers and I would rotate one on one care with the residents. We assisted with daily hygiene, meals, medications, toileting, housekeeping, banking, planing activities and social events as well as teaching coping skills and how to use them. Our motto in the home is "Do with not for".. I have learned a great deal about empathy and needs emotionally and physically. I worked with a great team of leader and co-workers hard workers and positive attitudes.The hardest part of my job is trying to jump threw the loop holes of the state and remaining objective in sensitive situations regarding the residents and their care.
Pros
very emotionally rewarding job.
Cons
dealing with state funding in non profit settings.
Fun Workplace, well organized and professional work manner
Case Aide, Family Managed Employee (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHMay 15, 2015
Very great work place and management very prompt at helping in every way they can. I loved this job. I loved working with my family I was assigned with. My job was teaching life skills and other areas of daily life skills. I did not have an aggressive client, they were great and when it came to reporting monthly reports I had a few questions because I did not understand it fully and my management was fast to respond back to my questions. I worked here for almost a year and if I hadn't moved far away I still would have stayed here, I miss my job and I was sad to go, it was great, the family, the manager, my client, I was very lucky to have them.
Pros
Great Managaement well organized and respectful
Cons
There was no cons
Told me I got the job and then took it away
Child and family therapist (Former Employee) –  west palm beach, flApril 10, 2014
The people in HR are terrible. I applied for this job and got it! Then a hiccup came up from DCF and I was told my case had to be reviewed. This would take 7 to 10 days. They told me the position would be closed by then and then told me I lack integrity and am not fit to work for them. I did not lie about anything.The woman was so rude and It really broke my spirit. I have never done anything to lack integrity. I am a Social Worker and would do anything for the community. To hear this was outrageous. I would never work for this company now.
Training Ground
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHJuly 6, 2015
This company has been through a lot of transition recently with the introduction of capitation in NH. As a result, Community Partners has worked hard to maintain their services and required mandates for the state through this period of uncertainty. Employees at Community Partners are often asked to increase their work-load without compensation. Many employees do not feel appreciated and will work to gain experience before moving on to new opportunities.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
healthcare and paperwork
Nice people, Old technologies
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 17, 2015
I was laid off at the end of the companies contract with the state for behavioral health services. My experience with the company is not relevant going forward as the company is completely changed at this point. I experienced poor management of projects and being stuck working with old technologies and software.
Pros
Great people for the most part.
Cons
Demands on work hours and lack of stability for project burndown.
disorganized place
Data (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 8, 2014
Some managers are awesome, but they are often under poor management and can't do much. Their system is a complete mess and they have not fixed it for years. Systems are very dated.

They hire too many laid-off contractors. They seldom hire the best from other places. The pay is low for the requirements.
Pros
friendly environment, christmas party, events
Cons
parking, healthcare deductible, healthcare coverage and co-pays, some incompetent people
Small company with consistent work schedules.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MEJanuary 29, 2013
This is a very routine oriented company filled with hard working and detail specific workers. Upper management tend to be very personable, and approachable in nature. The hardest part of the job is to separate categories of notes.
Pros
paid trainings, holidays, benefits.
Cons
no scheduled breaks.
Making health care make sense
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Amherst, MAMay 14, 2015
Community Partners, Inc offered me brilliant colleagues and amazing support that allowed me to contribute to health access and policy resources still in use today. I was challenged to think strategically and learn web-based communication and community building before 'SEO' was even a thing.
Great internship site and wonderful program for families in need.
Intern/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INDecember 9, 2011
Community Partners provided case management for families on the verge of crisis. The social workers provided financial help, goal setting, employment search, and emergency services. I learned so much and enjoyed the experience of working with families.
Challenging and rewarding
Direct service professional (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NHNovember 27, 2013
I enjoy working with the other DSPs and gaining insight as well as sharing information, on different techniques and how to work with each client. Work days are always challenging but exciting because every client has such different needs and abilities.
Life at Community Partners
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 8, 2014
Great company to work for. Hours were flexible and ample opportunity for overtime and advancement within the company
Pros
flexable schedule, great work-life balance
Cons
low end insurance
Great learning experience
Leasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLNovember 4, 2014
Horrible Employer-they yell and scream at you all day.
You can never do enough work to please them.
The owner is a slum lord.
Pros
great income
Cons
horrible working conditions; horrible boss
Not a bad place to work
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHFebruary 3, 2015
Work atmosphere is hard, always very busy with a large clientele, often seemed under staffed. Overall the people who worked there cared very much for their clients.
Respite Care Worker (Former Employee) –  DoverFebruary 3, 2015
Its been a long time since i worked there but when i did. i enjoyed my job. if i didnt had to move i would still be working there. If you are working there im happy for you.
Great Place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEJune 26, 2013
Great place to work, you get to develop one on one relationships with clients to ensure they are living the life they want to be happy.
Pros
great staff
Cons
call outs
Fun workplace
Finance Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 24, 2013
Clients can be demanding.
Need more structure.
Met a lot of great people.

2.9