Community Properties of Ohio Employee Reviews

Growth opportunities and fun work environment
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2017
I love the flexible work hours and the workplace culture. You have the opportunity to learn new and challenging things and to work within a diverse group of people. The workplace culture is family-like and mission driven. The most enjoyable part of this job, outside of serving the population we serve, is definitely the people. I've met some incredible people with a variety of skills and backgrounds who I now consider friends.
What makes CPO special to me is how appreciated they have made me feel. From coworkers, to managers, to leadership, I have been appreciated and complimented in many ways which has made me feel like a valued member of the CPO family.
Some days are better than others but if you're committed to the mission and committed to quality work you will do well here.
Pros
401k plan, healthcare, flexible hours
Cons
Performance reviews
most dysfunctional work place
CPO (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 12, 2016
CPO has management problems, They have no faith or trust in their employees, they threaten their employees with being fired with efforts of motivating them. even though they haven't trained them properly.
this company does not value experience over friendship and have no problem exploiting that.
they ask their employees for ways to improve and for ideas to save time and money but never implement anything.
management considers experienced employees that want to make a difference "know it all's" instead of utilizing that persons knowledge to their advantage.
upper management is completely out of touch with what is going on within departments and the employees are two steps out the door and shot of being fired if they say anything..... all in all the company has good intentions but has bad management practices. they ride a thin line of bad labor practices...
Pros
Good mission statement.... good employees
Cons
Bad labor practices, bad management.
management is terrible
interviewed for property manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 28, 2016
I had 3 interviews. I am totally qualified! Two months later i get a lame denial email. 9 months later they still have all their property managment jobs posted. What a lame group of managers without a clue!
Pros
Good mission
Cons
terrible leadership
I felt like I was going to die!
Affordable Housing Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 28, 2016
The neighborhoods are horrible and This organization does nothing about the care and safety of there employees. I had to leave because I was in fear of being killed.
Pros
Non
Cons
Leadership = no education or experience
Former employee (Former Employee) –  ColumbusSeptember 19, 2012
Strong ethics and support for their residents and the community. Tough neighborhoods to work in, but safety for employees is a major focus for the company.
Pros
great benefits -- 401k
Meet new people daily never in office all day
Advocate (Former Employee) –  columbus ohioAugust 21, 2012
First thing in the morning i would do maintance calls to redidents, check orkin status, report property managment to see if they needed assistance with anything. The hardest part of the job was going to residence apartments and noticing that they would be without alot of must needed things (ex: electric, gas, food). The most enjoyable part would be to be able to assist them by giving them referralsto help tham.
Pros
never work alone
Cons
no insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Properties of Ohio. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6