Community Psychiatric Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing Supervision
SSVF Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 15, 2016
I loved my supervisor. He was amazing. He seriously cared about his team. He made sure that we were taken care of and not only listened when we were frustrated with clients but even personal matters. He has a HUGE heart and i couldn't have asked for a better supervisor. CPC unfortunately doesn't pay enough to live in Seattle and my commute took at least 2 hours so i had to resign. I loved my team and the program but the constant changes with guidelines and policies can become frustrating.In all I had a great experience with SSVF.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
not enough pay
Productive and Great Team
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 25, 2016
Great team but high caseload compared to other similar agencies. High turnover. Not enough time for in depth collaboration within agency.
Always looking over your shoulder expecting to get in trouble more than a month after the incident.
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 10, 2015
Non-profit with "for profit" mentality. Way too many people involved in corrective action so it comes down on you well after it's essentially over. No sincere appreciation or respect given by upper management to staff. CEO untrustworthy. Passive-aggressive tendencies. Low pay with old technology that continuely breaks down and takes a long time to get anything fixed or replaced, if at all. Good benefits for line staff who have union representation, but not for middle management. One must be a "yes man" to move up within the agency. Upper management micromanage and again so many people involved in any decision things move slowly. Within the team good comraderie, everyone helps each other out. If you wish to advance in the field, unless you kiss ___, go somewhere other than CPC. If you want to make a decent living, go somewhere other than CPC. If you want honesty, consistency, and to be treated with respect, go somewhere other than CPC. If you want supervision hours go somewhere other than CPC. I have never seen "other duties as assigned" mean so many different unrelated things.
I highly recommend NOT working for CPC.
Pros
Good benefits, good staff.
Cons
Never get breaks, upper management untrustworthy, little if any appreciation or respect by upper managemtent, Attitude that everyone is expendible, No support for a hard job.
Leaves too much to be desired
Community Support Services Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros:
-Outpatient clinic
-Close to home
-Great co-workers that will support and encourage you
-Awesome supervisor
-Relaxed environment
-Healthcare covered
-8-hour work day

Cons:
-Starting pay is below $15 minimum wage for Bachelors level, and barely $17 for Masters level.
-Only 3% raise annually
-No raise if you switch positions, unless you are becoming a supervisor (eg: switching from Case manager to Adult Outpatient)
-Lack of communication from management
-Unionized position with no assistance from union to improve workplace
-Union dues extracted from every pay check
-Last minute decisions which employees are informed of after the fact (and expected to adjust within hours or days)
-A caseload of 50-80 clients
-Weekly, monthly and annual paperwork for all 50-80 clients (not electronic "yet")
-Productivity measured by billable hours, not by paperwork with an expectancy of 60% performance (which no one ever meets)
-Not enough work space to see clients
-Expected to do outreaches, run groups, attend trainings and attend more than 2 meetings per week
-No bonuses

This is a good position if you live close. It pays the bills and is a great stepping stone to a higher paying/more manageable position. Just beware of what you're getting into: High expectations for below-minimum wage work.
Pros
good work environment, nice supervisor, healthcare covered
Cons
low salary, unionized, old fashioned, extremely high caseload
Low performing Organization.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 5, 2015
The caseloads are unmanageable. The pay is far too low for all of the responsibilities they roll into your job title. The management is not interested in feedback from their staff. The services provided to already impoverished communities are sub-par and this appears to be acceptable to upper management. Lack of culture and diversity w/in the staff. Poor communication. Operates on a "for profit" mentality instead of a "non profit". Not operating on a "live" interactive database,(no EMR) using paper charts. No secure network. Productivity in measured by "daily activity logs"; only clinical interventions can be used on this DAL, making progress seem very low. Paperwork in not taken into consideration of your productivity nor are phone calls or outreach visits. Overall a very low performing organization with high turnover.
Pros
excellent team members, good supervisor.
Cons
pay, service delivery, productivity measurements, upper management
Great Place to work
community outreach liaison (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 13, 2015
I have been here for three years. I can honestly say that the work environment is really good. I know that I can go to my supervisor when I am having issues or questions and will be given respect.
Productive work day where each employee is responsible for schedule and progress
Certified Peer Counselor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 28, 2014
I have recieved the highest employee ratings at each review. My supervisors comment on my quick on my feet problem solving and calm reactions to stressful situations.
I achieved the highest award within 6 months of working voted by county peers.
A typical day at work is meeting with clients in the community one on one or with professionals ensuring I empower my client with the best opportunities towards independence.
The hardest part of my job (yet the easiest for me to manage) is crisis intervention.
When my supervisor needs to redirect my work, it is always met with positive outlook and noteable achievements to improve my skills.
Pros
great benefits and job security
Cons
using personal automobile to travel to various work sites, sometime driving up to 100 per day (3-4 hours of driving per day)
horrible
cdp (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 12, 2014
Typical day would be a day without lunch, to deal with an impossible work load. Been in the social work field for a while and I've never seen a company that has designed a system that is designed to make a person fail. Turn over rate in any year is 40-50 percent. Management lacks integrity and ethics, and suffers from a passive/agressive nature. The most enjoyable part was helping clients, and some very good coworkers. This is not a minority friendly orginazation, and you will find none in management. Make sure and ask about dawls, they track your time, and this leaves you no time for paperwork. Pay is low.
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 6, 2014
Great experience, awesome boss, supportive team. A high pace, yet fun challenged work situations.
Pros
the staff.
Cons
the salary.
Human resources and staff managmeent at a mid-sized non-profit mental health agency
HR and Administrative Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2014
As one of 3 members of the HR department, a typical day was never typical. This role, in an agency this size, requires use of a wide range of skills, from employee relations, benefits administration, consultation to management, process creation and evaluation to contract management and management of the health and safety program. Management and staff are skilled and passionate about the agency's mission, but multiple locations, shifts, the presence of a labor union, and limited resources made communications challenging.
Pros
clean mission
Cons
limited resources
Challenging environment that does offer valuable experience.
Health & Wellness Educator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 26, 2014
Each site that I worked at for the organization had a strong bond and the work was very much meaningful. Unfortunately, there are very few opportunities for professional growth within the organization, especially for me, since I pursued a graduate degree that is outside of the field of social services.

The organization does not have a collaborative relationship established between clinicians and management. The organization operates in the prototypical top-down system that is so often seen in for profit companies.
Pros
unionized and you do not have to pay any premiums for medical insurance.
Cons
low wages and limited opportunities to grow professionally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Psychiatric Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.