Community Psychiatric Clinic

Community Psychiatric Clinic United States Employee Reviews

Low performing Organization.
Case Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: excellent team members, good supervisor.
Cons: pay, service delivery, productivity measurements, upper management
The caseloads are unmanageable. The pay is far too low for all of the responsibilities they roll into your job title. The management is not interested in feedback from their staff. The services provided to already impoverished communities are sub-par and this appears to be acceptable to upper management. Lack of culture and diversity w/in the staff. Poor communication. Operates on a "for profit" mentality instead of a "non profit". Not operating on a "live" interactive database,(no EMR) using paper charts. No secure network. Productivity in measured by "daily activity logs"; only clinical interventions can be used on this DAL, making progress seem very low. Paperwork in not taken into consideration of your productivity nor are phone calls or outreach visits. Overall a very low performing organization with high turnover.
Great Place to work
community outreach liaison (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 13, 2015
I have been here for three years. I can honestly say that the work environment is really good. I know that I can go to my supervisor when I am having issues or questions and will be given respect.
Productive work day where each employee is responsible for schedule and progress
Certified Peer Counselor (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits and job security
Cons: using personal automobile to travel to various work sites, sometime driving up to 100 per day (3-4 hours of driving per day)
I have recieved the highest employee ratings at each review. My supervisors comment on my quick on my feet problem solving and calm reactions to stressful situations.
I achieved the highest award within 6 months of working voted by county peers.
A typical day at work is meeting with clients in the community one on one or with professionals ensuring I empower my client with the best opportunities towards independence.
The hardest part of my job (yet the easiest for me to manage) is crisis intervention.
When my supervisor needs to redirect my work, it is always met with positive outlook and noteable achievements to improve my skills.
horrible
cdp (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 12, 2014
Typical day would be a day without lunch, to deal with an impossible work load. Been in the social work field for a while and I've never seen a company that has designed a system that is designed to make a person fail. Turn over rate in any year is 40-50 percent. Management lacks integrity and ethics, and suffers from a passive/agressive nature. The most enjoyable part was helping clients, and some very good coworkers. This is not a minority friendly orginazation, and you will find none in management. Make sure and ask about dawls, they track your time, and this leaves you no time for paperwork. Pay is low.
Program Supervisor (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 6, 2014
Pros: the staff.
Cons: the salary.
Great experience, awesome boss, supportive team. A high pace, yet fun challenged work situations.
Human resources and staff managmeent at a mid-sized non-profit mental health agency
HR and Administrative Services Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: clean mission
Cons: limited resources
As one of 3 members of the HR department, a typical day was never typical. This role, in an agency this size, requires use of a wide range of skills, from employee relations, benefits administration, consultation to management, process creation and evaluation to contract management and management of the health and safety program. Management and staff are skilled and passionate about the agency's mission, but multiple locations, shifts, the presence of a labor union, and limited resources made communications challenging.
Challenging environment that does offer valuable experience.
Health & Wellness Educator (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: unionized and you do not have to pay any premiums for medical insurance.
Cons: low wages and limited opportunities to grow professionally.
Each site that I worked at for the organization had a strong bond and the work was very much meaningful. Unfortunately, there are very few opportunities for professional growth within the organization, especially for me, since I pursued a graduate degree that is outside of the field of social services.

The organization does not have a collaborative relationship established between clinicians and management. The organization operates in the prototypical top-down system that is so often seen in for profit companies.