Community REACH CENTER Employee Reviews

An Excellent Place to Gain Experience and to Grow
Residential Clinician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 13, 2015
I honed my clinical skills, have multiple opportunities for advancement, and felt supported by management. I would still be working there had I not moved to Virginia.
Pros
Support from Management, Opportunities for Advancement
Worse Company to Work for
Will not reply (Former Employee) –  ThorntonOctober 12, 2015
Do not work for this company. The Management does not believe in what they promote. This company is a hostile work environment and does nothing to correct it.
An experienced Manager with the organization skills needed to be successful in today's world.
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Northglenn, COApril 9, 2013
One of the best things about my current job is that there is no 'typical' day at work. I regularly wear many different hats, including that of Program Manager, Disaster Response Coordinator, clinical supervisor, and crisis management. Often times, this can also be one of the hardest parts of the job. As a middle Manager, my collegues include both other Managers, and also our front line staff.
Pros
benefits, and relationships.
Cons
often trying to do too much and feeling spread thin.
Poor management.
Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COAugust 22, 2015
Poor management. Chaotic organization and does not have clear direction. Professes to have "open door policy" but doesn't really want to have employee input.
Supportive and flexible work environment
School-Based Therapist (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COJune 9, 2015
Received free individual and group supervision. Lots of training opportunities. Great PTO policy. Good benefits. Friendly and supportive staff.
Outpatient Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COMarch 8, 2015
Lots of opportunity to learn skills related to case management and counseling. Management was supportive. Great coworkers and lots of opportunity for informative trainings.
Amazing Culture
Peer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Thornton, CODecember 3, 2014
Community Reach has an amazing culture. I most enjoy working with co-workers, coming together to help the people we serve. The highest reward is making a difference in someone's life.
Receptionist, front desk
Mental Health Receptionist/ Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, CONovember 25, 2014
I thought I did a very good job with this employer. A typical day was answering and processing calls for the therapists and Psychiatrists. As I was told personally by the doctors and therapists there, I went out of my way, working some evenings for certain patients, to help clients. I also went through the mail forwarding to other offices or departments, ordered supplies, made follow up appointments, kept packets pre-assembled for new incomes on Wednesdays. It was my responsibility to peruse their responses and make sure signatures were placed at appropriate places and all information provided before the Intake Counselor saw the new clients.

Twice a week I would be relieved from the phones so that I could put away office supplies and other items such as teas, coffees, toilet tissues for the upstairs office and the downstairs school for children.

It was a rewarding job that I really enjoyed.
Pros
client contact and comforting, helping them with the sometimes complicated procedures.
Cons
unfortunately there was one person who disagreed about my job performance..
I love my current job
Integrated Care Mental Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COSeptember 10, 2014
I work currently with high school students at Kids First Health Clinic located in Adams City High School. It is a joy to have the opportunity to integrate care for these youth and be a part of a system that encourages them to thrive no matter what their circumstances. We support and encourage them throughout their education process along with their families.
Pros
great work hours
Cons
distance from my home
Caring Leadership
HR GENERALIST (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 23, 2014
A company that believes in work like balance. Strong leadership.
I enjoyed the clinical and supervision aspects of my job. I disliked much of the data-driven demands of the job.
See above (Former Employee) –  Executive Office in Thornton, Colorado.November 18, 2013
During the eight years I was at Community Reach Center, I was able to put in place a program for the clinical training and clinical supervision of clinical staff, for approximately 190 staff psychotherapist/clinicians. This included helping unlicensed clinicians attain clinical licensure in Colorado: LPC; LMFT; LCSW.

I felt CRC had a good benefits program and an excellent Paid Time Off program. I felt the pay scale was low for the work provided.

I had never worked in public mental health before this experience. I learned an incredible amount about the provision of public mental health services and the system in Colorado. I learned about what it takes to change large, complex systems like CRC. I learned that Medicaid capitated systems are enormously complex and require continuous change of their service providers.

I typically supervised clinicians 4 hours a day, and provided staff training events to clinical staff once a week for 3-4 hours. While a Director, I attended many Leadership and Director meetings each week and month. I was in administrative meetings approximately 3 hours a day. Our Director group had responsibility for the overall management and guidance of CRC staff.

I wrote job evaluations and related to all department heads, including psychiatrists and psychologists. I put in place a program that trained clinicians to become clinical supervisors.

I felt upper management became very numbers/data-driven in the provision of clinical services to clients, especially in the last 3 years of my time there. Many of the emotional needs of the clinical staff
  more... were disregarded. Productivity of clinical therapy hours to clients was the primary focus of upper management and this was very concerning to me in terms of the overall future of the center, especially how this translated into the provision of lowered quality of care services to clients. I was also very concerned about the system itself at CRC, a system which was in a state of perpetual rapid major change during the entire time I was there.

As an example, after spending a literal fortune on the development of our own ab initio internal electronic medical record over a period of 6 years, it was decided to abandon this program in favor of an 'out of the box' program that had to be adapted for our use. This had a very negative impact on staff morale overall and was an extremely poor use of resources in my opinion.

I got along very well with my coworkers and colleagues.

The hardest part of my job was working hard to 'raise' quality psychotherapists and help them mature, and at the same time seeing them and their work unappreciated by upper management.
Some very promising therapists decided to leave the field on this account.

The best part of my job was providing clinical supervision and training to clinical staff and watching them grow as professionals and persons. I love teaching and supervising clinicians.
Pros
Wellness and benefits program
Cons
Numbers, data-driven provision of mental health services to clients

Community REACH CENTER Reviews by Location