Community Regional Medical Center

Community Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

New management and constant job turnovers
Respiratory Care Practitioner II (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: wonderful learning experiences
Cons: management
This is a level 1 trauma center that has taught me and so many others how to be very proficient in our job performance. This facility has gone through many changes in the last few years, but recently there has been a huge increase in job turnovers or staff on medical leave in the last few years since a new director was appointed to the Respiratory department. There is probably no other place where you can get the type of experience that I have received in one facility, so in that respect, it is a wonderful place to work and co-workers are wonderful and supportive. But the constant change in management has been difficult for a lot of us to deal with.
Non-Invasive Cardiology Technician II (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 20, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job was making a difference in a patients life, being part of the team that helped care for them during their stay at the hospital.
Fun learning environment
Physical Therapist II (Current Employee), FresnoApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great therapy staff
Cons: lots of changes
Enjoyed working in a fast pace interdiscplinary rehab team setting. Good learning environment. Fun therapy staff, that is highly educated.
organized, fast paced, caring enviroment
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: 12 hour shifts, medical benefits, 401 k
Cons: lay offs
I was working 12 hour shift and loving it! fantastic money and fantastic crew to work with. Always had room to make a little improvement. My family enjoyed my hours and I was able to learn something new almost every shift. This is where I learned that teamwork is everything in the medical world. The hardest part of the job was not knowing what happened to the patients after they left your hands.
Sense of Community
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Fresno CaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: employee free gym, park and outside eating aras, peets cafe, great benefits
Cons: education for clerical is not a priority
Very friendly co-workers and team players. I love working for CRMC. If I was not re-locating I would be a lifer. I have learned so much about project management in health care. The leadership team are employee advocates and it is wonderful to be appreciated for hard work and dedication.
Great place to work!
LVN (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 20, 2015
Great work envioronment. I learned a tremendous amount of skills. great co-workers and management! I was an employee for 13 years and plan on returning!
Big hospital with room for advancement
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits and access to the leaders in healthcare.
Cons: compensation.
Even if you are not a clinical employee, there are several opportunities for growth with CRMC. They have many areas to help anyone grow into the employee and leader they want to be.
very helpful service
Volunteer (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 8, 2015
This position is a very valuable and often under appreciated part of the hospital. Given the work done by the volunteers, some sort of compensation would be in order. However, none of the individuals I met during my time would have ever accepted any money what so ever. In short, they are an incredible group of dedicated people.
Great learning environment
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), FresnoJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: coworkers, learning environment, ot
Cons: management
Excellent place to start and increase your knowledge base. Everyday is different. Coworkers are very supportive, helpful and understanding. Cross training into different positions you never thought you could handle is possible and encouraged. Everyday is a learning experience. Do your work learn and keep your mouth shut. Be happy you have a job and do not even mention your observations of any favoritism or other improprieties even to a manager you may trust. You'll be out the door faster than you can blink an eye. Management has no loyalty or commitment to you. Even though they had no other issues with you.
Learning
Administrative Intern (Current Employee), Fresno, CADecember 16, 2014
my first job in healthcare. learned a lot from this opportunity.
Now with Masters Degree in Business administration I am looking forward to develop this into a management role.
disappointing at times
RN, BSN (Former Employee), Fresno, CANovember 19, 2014
Pros: ok
provide excellent MS/ Trauma nursing care
-a lot . CRMC was my first Hospital RN job, my stepping stone.
previous Managers were ok, understanding. Most current managers only favors their own kind
running for codes
learning something new everyday.
Wonderful staff and environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Cardiac Progressive Care UnitNovember 11, 2014
Pros: coworkers, ucsf facility, new graduate rns
Cons: lack of communication at times, poor response times
My fellow coworkers are the best support system you can ask for. Being able to rely on each other is one of the reasons stressful and hectic days are bearable. I am also able to count on support from supervisors.

Working with the cardiac patient population is extremely rewarding and educational. Loving the job AND the environment/hospital is a bonus.
emplyee
Patient transport (Current Employee), Fresno, CANovember 2, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: drug seekers and homeless always asking for money
coworkers are great always friendly and helpful.i have learned to have patience with people who do not really want your help but need it .the hardest part about the job is learning all the different nurses and doctors cause as soon as you do they bring in more.the most enjoyable part of working for the com pay is meeting and learning new things and people.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), FRESNO CASeptember 29, 2014
i was on a different floor everyday and always had a good time with my coworkers. everyone was very helpful and my supervisors were always checking in on us to see how we were doing.
NO LIKE
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 26, 2014
DOCTORS AND NURSES THOUGHT IT WAS AN AFTER HOURS PARTY MIX SO THAT THEY DID WHAT THEY WANTED
Community Regional
Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee), CPCUSeptember 17, 2014
Large Level 1 Trauma hospital. Great place to learn. Great place to lose your hair.
Be weary of the interpreters, doggy dog world.
Healthcare Interpreter (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: shady co-workers, inexperienced supervisors= you might be a fall guy.
Management is not bilingual nor have previous experience.
Blind leading the Blind.
great place to develop skills in multiple areas relating to patient care.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: exposeure to multiple levels of patient care that require radiology exams.
Cons: staffing
I have worked a graveyard shift for Community Medical Centers for 8 1/2 years. In that time I believe I have become a better technologist due to being exposed to multiple areas of patient care such as ed,trauma,surgery,recovery,icu,nicu and icu patients. I work with a great radiology team who are very dependable and friendly. I enjoy what I do because it give me a feeling of accomplishment doing my part of caring for patients.
Excellent Level 1 Trauma Teaching Hospital.
Operating Room RN - Level 1 Trauma Center (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 30, 2014
The hospital provided a vast variety of cases, knowledge of different services, and the ability to work in many different situations.
The managers provided fair work environment, while working nights provided the opportunity to drastically increase my experience base with a plethora of unique cases.
Be careful !
RN (Former Employee), Fresno, CaliforniaJuly 26, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: very poor leadership, they portray a facade of caring about the employees but its absolutely not true.
I have been an RN for 8 years and worked at several different facilities but have never experienced the kind of leadership this hospital has. It is the most unprofessional group of leaders. If you decided to work here please be careful to print emails, documentations and any other things that may help support you just incase. Leadership will turn on you in a second, and everyone covers themselves first at your expense. The politics is crazy. They are not concerned about improving the hospital, patient safety, medication safety or employee safety and if you raise concerns it could mean your job. I only speak from experience. When I first heard things from another employee about this kind of stuff happening there I didn't believe it, but now that I myself have experienced it, it is very true. So I say, just be very careful and do your job, and stroke leadership ego and you should be fine. They want to eventually obtain magnet status and are looking to only hire RNs with a BSN or higher but unfortunately they do not want you to utilize your higher education, they just want you to do what they tell you to do even if it unsafe. They require you to follow policy, but the leadership does not do the same. Also look up current and past news about this corporation and how they handle and treat their employees.

1 2 3

About Community Regional Medical Center

A career at Community Regional Medical Center is more than just a job—it’s an experience. A challenging setting…opportunities – Read more

Community Regional Medical Center Salaries

Registered Nurse
$75,000 per year
Patient Care Technician
$12.00 per hour
Unit Clerk
$25,000 per year

Community Regional Medical Center Photos

Level 1 Trauma & Critical Care Building.