Community Regional Medical Center

Community Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

wonderful and very helpful coworkers
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA 93721February 24, 2016
The Nursing staff was inadequate for the patient load. Review paperwork could never be completed in a timely manner. Nursing floor staff was immensely helpful and knowledgable. The manager of the Hem/Onc floor was great. Loved working with her. She made me feel very appreciated. Unfortunately, the Case Management supervisors were just the opposite. They were disorganized and overwhelmed. They never offered praise for a job well done. Every interaction was critical. Department morale was poor. If the Hem/Onc manager had been my manager, I would happily still be working for this hospital
Pros
great floor staff and fellow case managers
Cons
disorganized, overwhelmed and negative management
Unit Clerk 2014
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 26, 2016
The staff was awesome, however there were the cliques that sucked up to our manager. Standards didn't apply to certain people. The hourly compensation is a joke., last time i was paid so below average was when I was a teenager.
I wouldn't recommend working here at all.
Pros
Cons
Everything and pay is the lowest
Level I Trauma
Utilization Review Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 19, 2015
The only level 1 trauma between Los Angeles and San Francisco. Great experience for nursing skills. Various nursing positions available in the hospital.
Pros
after-tax pension plan
Cons
the lowest pay in the area but benefits are great
prductive always on your feet great workplace
Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 16, 2016
-very busy but great work days
- I learned how to help the patients
-management was great very professional
-my co-volunteers were professional
- losing the friend you made with the patient
- becoming friends with patients
Pros
long lunchs
Cons
no pay
Awful
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 25, 2016
Too many clicks with the nursing staff. Patient don't get enough attention. RN are not helpful and gossip too much. The facility is short of staff and high cna turnover
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Long work hours not enough staff
organized, fast paced, caring enviroment
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 1, 2015
I was working 12 hour shift and loving it! fantastic money and fantastic crew to work with. Always had room to make a little improvement. My family enjoyed my hours and I was able to learn something new almost every shift. This is where I learned that teamwork is everything in the medical world. The hardest part of the job was not knowing what happened to the patients after they left your hands.
Pros
12 hour shifts, medical benefits, 401 k
Cons
lay offs
Sense of Community
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fresno CaMarch 23, 2015
Very friendly co-workers and team players. I love working for CRMC. If I was not re-locating I would be a lifer. I have learned so much about project management in health care. The leadership team are employee advocates and it is wonderful to be appreciated for hard work and dedication.
Pros
employee free gym, park and outside eating aras, peets cafe, great benefits
Cons
education for clerical is not a priority
Awesome Place to work
Dispatcher 2 (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 26, 2015
Have had the best experience working for this corporation. From the people to the benefits given ... great place to call home.
Poor communication between staff and upper management
Clinical Nurse III (Current Employee) –  FresnoJuly 10, 2012
Heavy assignments but with good organizational skills can be done. Management often does not hold staff accountable for on-going education especially for changes in policy. Enjoyable part of the job is the challenge of the critically ill patients. Hardest part of the job is there is no support from above and behind what evidence based practice advises, so it can be very frustrating keeping up with what other hospitals are doing in current practice.
Pros
parking garage for staff and benefits are fairly good
Cons
poor support from upper management, unfair labor practice
Amazing company
Monitor Tech/Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 8, 2015
Great atmosphere to work in. The employees are easy to get along with and are great co-workers. The company is like one big family.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long commute
Big hospital with room for advancement
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Even if you are not a clinical employee, there are several opportunities for growth with CRMC. They have many areas to help anyone grow into the employee and leader they want to be.
Pros
benefits and access to the leaders in healthcare.
Cons
compensation.
very helpful service
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 8, 2015
This position is a very valuable and often under appreciated part of the hospital. Given the work done by the volunteers, some sort of compensation would be in order. However, none of the individuals I met during my time would have ever accepted any money what so ever. In short, they are an incredible group of dedicated people.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 3, 2014
Overall, I have had a good experience. Most of the staff is helpful and friendly. The other nurses work as a team and are fun to be around. Some of the supervising staff is not that great, but overall a good experience.
Pros
occasional free meals, friendly staff, unlimited hours, good benefits, teamwork
Cons
attitude from supportive staff and supervisors, hard to move up career ladder, heavy work load
Great Atmosphere, poor management and training
Team Leader/ Autopsy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 1, 2015
Great place to work with great people that actually help, but there is really no advancement opportunities, poor management and the department I worked in was putting new people out by themselves weeks before they should have.
Pros
Subway in cafeteria
Cons
short breaks, management, poor advancement
Be careful !
RN (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CaliforniaJuly 26, 2014
I have been an RN for 8 years and worked at several different facilities but have never experienced the kind of leadership this hospital has. It is the most unprofessional group of leaders. If you decided to work here please be careful to print emails, documentations and any other things that may help support you just incase. Leadership will turn on you in a second, and everyone covers themselves first at your expense. The politics is crazy. They are not concerned about improving the hospital, patient safety, medication safety or employee safety and if you raise concerns it could mean your job. I only speak from experience. When I first heard things from another employee about this kind of stuff happening there I didn't believe it, but now that I myself have experienced it, it is very true. So I say, just be very careful and do your job, and stroke leadership ego and you should be fine. They want to eventually obtain magnet status and are looking to only hire RNs with a BSN or higher but unfortunately they do not want you to utilize your higher education, they just want you to do what they tell you to do even if it unsafe. They require you to follow policy, but the leadership does not do the same. Also look up current and past news about this corporation and how they handle and treat their employees.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
very poor leadership, they portray a facade of caring about the employees but its absolutely not true.
I really love my job and the experience I obtained by working here.
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 14, 2013
A typical day at work is when the ED census reaches over 144 patients every day!!! I learned the importance of teamwork is essential in getting the job done every day!!!! Not to mention this is the only Level 1 Trauma Center between Fresno,Ca (Central Valley) and Los Angeles, CA.
Pros
very good benefits
Cons
i can't think of anything!!!
New management and constant job turnovers
Respiratory Care Practitioner II (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 4, 2015
This is a level 1 trauma center that has taught me and so many others how to be very proficient in our job performance. This facility has gone through many changes in the last few years, but recently there has been a huge increase in job turnovers or staff on medical leave in the last few years since a new director was appointed to the Respiratory department. There is probably no other place where you can get the type of experience that I have received in one facility, so in that respect, it is a wonderful place to work and co-workers are wonderful and supportive. But the constant change in management has been difficult for a lot of us to deal with.
Pros
wonderful learning experiences
Cons
management
Good place to work. Full time hours/benefits and nice co-workers
Food Service/Cafeteria Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 1, 2013
Seemed like a nice place to work. Fast paced environment with full time hours/benefits.
great place to work
Emergency Department Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 24, 2015
I was a Unit Clerk in the ED, it was amazing, great staff, and non stop action, fantastic parking structure, great security, never a dull moment.
Pros
Great Co workers, plenty of events
Cons
large patient numbers made it a little stressful at times.
Good Company
Volunteer Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 7, 2015
Busy environment. Management are fair for the most part. Decent pay if you get a full time position. Job is quite rewarding when you work with patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Community Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location