Community Regional Medical Center

Community Regional Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

organized, fast paced, caring enviroment
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: 12 hour shifts, medical benefits, 401 k
Cons: lay offs
I was working 12 hour shift and loving it! fantastic money and fantastic crew to work with. Always had room to make a little improvement. My family enjoyed my hours and I was able to learn something new almost every shift. This is where I learned that teamwork is everything in the medical world. The hardest part of the job was not knowing what happened to the patients after they left your hands.
Sense of Community
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Fresno CaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: employee free gym, park and outside eating aras, peets cafe, great benefits
Cons: education for clerical is not a priority
Very friendly co-workers and team players. I love working for CRMC. If I was not re-locating I would be a lifer. I have learned so much about project management in health care. The leadership team are employee advocates and it is wonderful to be appreciated for hard work and dedication.
Great place to work!
LVN (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMarch 20, 2015
Great work envioronment. I learned a tremendous amount of skills. great co-workers and management! I was an employee for 13 years and plan on returning!
Big hospital with room for advancement
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: benefits and access to the leaders in healthcare.
Cons: compensation.
Even if you are not a clinical employee, there are several opportunities for growth with CRMC. They have many areas to help anyone grow into the employee and leader they want to be.
very helpful service
Volunteer (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 8, 2015
This position is a very valuable and often under appreciated part of the hospital. Given the work done by the volunteers, some sort of compensation would be in order. However, none of the individuals I met during my time would have ever accepted any money what so ever. In short, they are an incredible group of dedicated people.
Great learning environment
Unit Clerk (Former Employee), FresnoJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: coworkers, learning environment, ot
Cons: management
Excellent place to start and increase your knowledge base. Everyday is different. Coworkers are very supportive, helpful and understanding. Cross training into different positions you never thought you could handle is possible and encouraged. Everyday is a learning experience. Do your work learn and keep your mouth shut. Be happy you have a job and do not even mention your observations of any favoritism or other improprieties even to a manager you may trust. You'll be out the door faster than you can blink an eye. Management has no loyalty or commitment to you. Even though they had no other issues with you.
Learning
Administrative Intern (Current Employee), Fresno, CADecember 16, 2014
my first job in healthcare. learned a lot from this opportunity.
Now with Masters Degree in Business administration I am looking forward to develop this into a management role.
disappointing at times
RN, BSN (Former Employee), Fresno, CANovember 19, 2014
Pros: ok
provide excellent MS/ Trauma nursing care
-a lot . CRMC was my first Hospital RN job, my stepping stone.
previous Managers were ok, understanding. Most current managers only favors their own kind
running for codes
learning something new everyday.
Wonderful staff and environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Cardiac Progressive Care UnitNovember 11, 2014
Pros: coworkers, ucsf facility, new graduate rns
Cons: lack of communication at times, poor response times
My fellow coworkers are the best support system you can ask for. Being able to rely on each other is one of the reasons stressful and hectic days are bearable. I am also able to count on support from supervisors.

Working with the cardiac patient population is extremely rewarding and educational. Loving the job AND the environment/hospital is a bonus.
emplyee
Patient transport (Current Employee), Fresno, CANovember 2, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: drug seekers and homeless always asking for money
coworkers are great always friendly and helpful.i have learned to have patience with people who do not really want your help but need it .the hardest part about the job is learning all the different nurses and doctors cause as soon as you do they bring in more.the most enjoyable part of working for the com pay is meeting and learning new things and people.
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), FRESNO CASeptember 29, 2014
i was on a different floor everyday and always had a good time with my coworkers. everyone was very helpful and my supervisors were always checking in on us to see how we were doing.
NO LIKE
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 26, 2014
DOCTORS AND NURSES THOUGHT IT WAS AN AFTER HOURS PARTY MIX SO THAT THEY DID WHAT THEY WANTED
Community Regional
Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee), CPCUSeptember 17, 2014
Large Level 1 Trauma hospital. Great place to learn. Great place to lose your hair.
Be weary of the interpreters, doggy dog world.
Healthcare Interpreter (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: shady co-workers, inexperienced supervisors= you might be a fall guy.
Management is not bilingual nor have previous experience.
Blind leading the Blind.
great place to develop skills in multiple areas relating to patient care.
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: exposeure to multiple levels of patient care that require radiology exams.
Cons: staffing
I have worked a graveyard shift for Community Medical Centers for 8 1/2 years. In that time I believe I have become a better technologist due to being exposed to multiple areas of patient care such as ed,trauma,surgery,recovery,icu,nicu and icu patients. I work with a great radiology team who are very dependable and friendly. I enjoy what I do because it give me a feeling of accomplishment doing my part of caring for patients.
Excellent Level 1 Trauma Teaching Hospital.
Operating Room RN - Level 1 Trauma Center (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 30, 2014
The hospital provided a vast variety of cases, knowledge of different services, and the ability to work in many different situations.
The managers provided fair work environment, while working nights provided the opportunity to drastically increase my experience base with a plethora of unique cases.
Be careful !
RN (Former Employee), Fresno, CaliforniaJuly 26, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: very poor leadership, they portray a facade of caring about the employees but its absolutely not true.
I have been an RN for 8 years and worked at several different facilities but have never experienced the kind of leadership this hospital has. It is the most unprofessional group of leaders. If you decided to work here please be careful to print emails, documentations and any other things that may help support you just incase. Leadership will turn on you in a second, and everyone covers themselves first at your expense. The politics is crazy. They are not concerned about improving the hospital, patient safety, medication safety or employee safety and if you raise concerns it could mean your job. I only speak from experience. When I first heard things from another employee about this kind of stuff happening there I didn't believe it, but now that I myself have experienced it, it is very true. So I say, just be very careful and do your job, and stroke leadership ego and you should be fine. They want to eventually obtain magnet status and are looking to only hire RNs with a BSN or higher but unfortunately they do not want you to utilize your higher education, they just want you to do what they tell you to do even if it unsafe. They require you to follow policy, but the leadership does not do the same. Also look up current and past news about this corporation and how they handle and treat their employees.
Fast paced environment with endless teaching.
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMay 6, 2014
Community is a teaching level I trauma hospital therefore if you gain experience here you are preparing yourself to work in any other healthcare organization.
Very diverse and outstanding place to work at
Medical Assistant Student Extern (Current Employee), fresno, caMay 6, 2014
Pros: best pizza
Cons: parking
At CRMC, you will meet friendly staff and great patients. Especially in the Endoscopy Department. I learned how to interact with different types of patients, how to schedule patients and prepare patient charts as well as everything there is to know in Pre-op. The director of the department and the supervisors are the best you will ever meet as well as the co-workers. The hardest part of the job to me were slow days. I am used to being active and on my feet all days and slow days are not fast at all. My favorite part is being able to go back and forth from the front office to pre-op to keep myself busy and active.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMay 3, 2014
Pros: occasional free meals, friendly staff, unlimited hours, good benefits, teamwork
Cons: attitude from supportive staff and supervisors, hard to move up career ladder, heavy work load
Overall, I have had a good experience. Most of the staff is helpful and friendly. The other nurses work as a team and are fun to be around. Some of the supervising staff is not that great, but overall a good experience.

1 2 3

About Community Regional Medical Center

A career at Community Regional Medical Center is more than just a job—it’s an experience. A challenging setting…opportunities – Read more

Community Regional Medical Center Photos