Community Regional Medical Center

Community Regional Medical Center Employer Reviews

Excellent Level 1 Trauma Teaching Hospital.
Operating Room RN - Level 1 Trauma Center (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 30, 2014
The hospital provided a vast variety of cases, knowledge of different services, and the ability to work in many different situations.
The managers provided fair work environment, while working nights provided the opportunity to drastically increase my experience base with a plethora of unique cases.
Be careful !
RN (Former Employee), Fresno, CaliforniaJuly 26, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: very poor leadership, they portray a facade of caring about the employees but its absolutely not true.
I have been an RN for 8 years and worked at several different facilities but have never experienced the kind of leadership this hospital has. It is the most unprofessional group of leaders. If you decided to work here please be careful to print emails, documentations and any other things that may help support you just incase. Leadership will turn on – more... you in a second, and everyone covers themselves first at your expense. The politics is crazy. They are not concerned about improving the hospital, patient safety, medication safety or employee safety and if you raise concerns it could mean your job. I only speak from experience. When I first heard things from another employee about this kind of stuff happening there I didn't believe it, but now that I myself have experienced it, it is very true. So I say, just be very careful and do your job, and stroke leadership ego and you should be fine. They want to eventually obtain magnet status and are looking to only hire RNs with a BSN or higher but unfortunately they do not want you to utilize your higher education, they just want you to do what they tell you to do even if it unsafe. They require you to follow policy, but the leadership does not do the same. Also look up current and past news about this corporation and how they handle and treat their employees. – less
Fast paced environment with endless teaching.
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMay 6, 2014
Community is a teaching level I trauma hospital therefore if you gain experience here you are preparing yourself to work in any other healthcare organization.
Very diverse and outstanding place to work at
Medical Assistant Student Extern (Current Employee), fresno, caMay 6, 2014
Pros: best pizza
Cons: parking
At CRMC, you will meet friendly staff and great patients. Especially in the Endoscopy Department. I learned how to interact with different types of patients, how to schedule patients and prepare patient charts as well as everything there is to know in Pre-op. The director of the department and the supervisors are the best you will ever meet as well – more... as the co-workers. The hardest part of the job to me were slow days. I am used to being active and on my feet all days and slow days are not fast at all. My favorite part is being able to go back and forth from the front office to pre-op to keep myself busy and active. – less
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMay 3, 2014
Pros: occasional free meals, friendly staff, unlimited hours, good benefits, teamwork
Cons: attitude from supportive staff and supervisors, hard to move up career ladder, heavy work load
Overall, I have had a good experience. Most of the staff is helpful and friendly. The other nurses work as a team and are fun to be around. Some of the supervising staff is not that great, but overall a good experience.
Full of opportunities to move up in career
Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 9, 2014
This is a new place with a lot of opportunities to move up in career. Very good work-environment and friendly management.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 29, 2014
This is a great place to work, great for career advancement, great management...
Productive and fun workplace with plenty of overtime.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: alot of over time if that is what you are looking for .
Cons: not a very good competitive wage .
A typical work day would consist of many patients and a variety of skills from , patients , self control , and compassion . What I have learned from this workplace is how to multitask . Management and co- workers are part of the job I have been Blessed to have known them . The hardest part of the job would be seeing the deceased and learning how to – more... deal with that. The most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in patients lives . – less
I really love my job and the experience I obtained by working here.
Unit Clerk (Current Employee), Fresno, CADecember 14, 2013
Pros: very good benefits
Cons: i can't think of anything!!!
A typical day at work is when the ED census reaches over 144 patients every day!!! I learned the importance of teamwork is essential in getting the job done every day!!!! Not to mention this is the only Level 1 Trauma Center between Fresno,Ca (Central Valley) and Los Angeles, CA.
Exciting high level trauma center
Clinical Nurse II - Level 1 Trauma PACU (Current Employee), Fresno, CADecember 9, 2013
Pros: strong team
Cons: poor management
The night shift allows more flexibility. We see emergent cases and traumas routinely. Patience is definitely a virtue in this work place. I prefer my night co-workers. Less politics on nights and less personality conflicts and drama as well. The hardest part of this job is dealing with a socioeconomic class that is relatively poor with no resources, – more... gang members, drug addicts, and trauma. The most enjoyable part of this job is the hardest part of this job. It challenges an individual to be their best and requires excellent critical thinking skills. – less
Overall CRMC was a great company
Surgical Assistant/Unit Clerk (Former Employee), Fresno, CANovember 18, 2013
My favorite part of the day was assisting patients with items such as translations during their pre surgery interviews and overall assistance prior to their scheduled surgery. On a typical day I assisted the Trauma Operating Room Charge Nurse with assignment of all nurses, scrub technicians and surgical assistants to their respective surgical suites. – more... Afterwards I would contact the surgical providers to verify start times for all procedures as well as procedure types for each respective patient. Throughout the day I was in charge of answering ten phone lines from numerous departments within the hospital such as Orthopedic, Neurology, General Surgery, Cardiac, Anesthesia and Burn Unit. – less
Productive work place
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: worked with employees who made the job fun.
Cons: shift was too early
This position was my pharmacy extern hours. Through this experience I was able to gain knowledge on the importance of medications for a person's well being. I became more aware of what medications are beneficial and important to a person's well being for every day living. I would start my day around 8am and leave around 5 pm. The coworkers made the – more... work environment enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was when the pharmacy department would be swamped with medication orders and there weren't enough people to get the orders out quick enough. Even though we were busy, we made sure that the patient got the correct medication through careful review.The management team is very easy going. They made it easy for me to go to them for any concerns I may have. – less
I enjoyed working there~ a lot of experience if you want it
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 28, 2013
This is a great place to work. There is a diverse patient population, making it a great place to earn a living while serving your community.
Large Regional Medical Center
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 22, 2013
300-500 bed hospital. Fast-paced regional trauma center with well established rehabilitation and maternity departments.
Above average company to work.
Utilization Review Manager-Part (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 9, 2013
Pros: case management team were very helpful and supportive, excellant staff
Cons: no room for advancement. no reinbursement for education classes.
Very busy hospital. Not much room for advancement.
My manager and director were excellent. On a typical day ,I did utilization reviews, discharge ,transfers to skilled facilities, ordered DME. I also worked with social worker on any difficult cases or patient's family dynamics.
I covered my 26 patients in Step Down unit and often due to staffing shortage – more... ,had to cover extra units. – less
Good place to work. Full time hours/benefits and nice co-workers
Food Service/Cafeteria Supervisor (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 1, 2013
Seemed like a nice place to work. Fast paced environment with full time hours/benefits.
Busy, enjoyed working with the staff.
Clinical Coordinator/RN/PCA (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: vaction hour accrual, pension plan, and great staff
Cons: difficult for supervisor to take break when working the unit alone, no one to relieve for lunch break.
Busy Medical/Surgical/Trauma unit with a capacity of 61 patients. Typical night with 2-3 discharges and up to 12-14 admissions. As supervisor, job duties included interview all patients being discharged for patient satisfaction, perform skin checks on all patients being admitted and on patients being discharged to another inpatient facility or being – more... transferred to another unit in our facility. Perform independent double checks on all high risk medication drips with the RN. Review all charts for completeness of documentation, correct admission patient class, and all core measure patients were correctly identified. Ensure all staff were performing hourly rounding and I rounded on all patients at start of shift and then as needed. Assisted all staff with patient care as needed. Attended two bed control meetings to obtain next shift staffing and place patients on the unit. Conflict resolution as needed with patients, family members and staff. Maintained the unit survey ready at all times. Responsible for staff evaluations, education, discipline and to ensure they were compliant with their regulatory compliance as well as attendance. Update computer logs for staffing ratios, attendance violations, sitter log, and staff competency. Handling all phone calls to the supervisor phone for patient placement, sick calls, staff requiring assistance, and conflict resolution of patient/family complaints.
I learned good communication skills, how to handle CODE BLUE/ACT calls, critical thinking skills, time management/prioritizing of daily duties, how to evaluate staff skill sets, how to work in a multi-cultural unit, and how to diffuse difficult situations/patients/family/staff.
I was part of the management team and part of my duties was to ensure the duties delegated to me were carried out and that staff followed the manager's direction.
Co-workers on the unit were very hard working and knowledgable about our patient base. I had a good working relationship with all of them regardless of their job description.
The most difficult part of the job was dealing with the difficult patient/family or staff. After 13 years of supervising my conflict resolution skills were greatly improved.
I enjoyed it all. I would have to say I really enjoyed the people I worked with. – less
Fast paced, stressful, required immediate recognition of life threatening conditions
EMERGENCY ROOM NURSE (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 29, 2013
Pros: constatntly learning, so many differnt conditions patients presented with, loved the fact that coworkers never put one another down, but raher helped educate one another on different disease processes and treatments.
Cons: rarely got lunch, often times exhausted, felt very dirty when i came home
I really enjoyed working at CRMC. Although it was sometimes a little on the stressful side, the fact that it was so busy made the day fly by. There was great teamwork, and the focus on accurate communication made for a very cohesive work place. I enjoyed the fact that when I was slammed with several sick patients, my coworkers were always more than – more... willing to step in and help. The same was true if I noticed another coworker bombarded wit patients and struggling, I was always eager to help in any way possible. Although it often times took an emotional toll seeing the pain of loved ones losing a family member, it was incredibly rewarding when the medical interventions I implemented may have aided in saving someones life. The most important thing working at CRMC gave me, was the realization of how blessed my life was and was a constant reminder to be appreciate the many resources I was fortunate enough to have been given. – less
Friendly, and helpful place.
Student volunteer (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJune 24, 2013
Pros: free lunches, meeting new people, having fun and being serious
Cons: getting attached to someone there
Community Regional Medical Center is a wonderful place to meet friendly and helpful people. As a volunteer I got the opportunity to discharge patients, transfer specimens to the laboratory, help transfer expired bodies from their room to the morgue,and more. I learned that we can all find fulfillment and joy in helping others. I got to make many friends – more... that were very kind, accepting, and understanding. The hardest part about being a volunteer is having to go home at the end of your shift. The most enjoyable part about being a volunteer there is meeting new patients everyday. – less
Great job for learning and gaining work experience to fufill the technique and skills for the job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJune 19, 2013
I have learned a tremendous amount working in the inpatient pharmacy. My skills that I have obtained has advanced me to prepare IV and chemotherapy medications for my patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have contributed in the well being of patients and in some cases saved lives. That is why I am in this field of work.

About Community Regional Medical Center

A career at Community Regional Medical Center is more than just a job—it’s an experience. A challenging setting…opportunities – Read more

Community Regional Medical Center Photos