Community Renewal Team Employee Reviews in United States

Helping hands help others
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford ctMay 15, 2016
A typical workday consist of helping individuals of all ethnic backgrounds over come issues with poverty and assist with any basic needs or other outreach functions to help them maintain a positive life. I have learned that my passion in my life is to help others prosper in their lives .I enjoy my co workers and the most enjoyable part of my job is helping others which has always been my passion and which will continue o be my passion
Pros
Helping individuals in need
Cons
Better employee benefits
Does great work for Hartford and surrounding communities
Financial Analyst/Reporting Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 3, 2016
multiple meetings, overlapping deadlines, no acknowledgement /appreciation for work done, excessive and unbalanced job duties
Pros
co-workers and peers are great to work with
Cons
Unprofessional management
Bilingual Communications Specialist – Webmaster
Webmaster - Bilingual Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 24, 2015
CRT is a great place to work. I’ve been with them for almost 9 years. At CRT, the program participants come first. They are the most important part of our business model. But if you are looking to get monetary incentives or even a raise after you start working with the company then this is not the place for you. Employee loyalty runs high here because of the love assisting people in the community, but not because of the salary. I hope this helps!
Fun place to work. Enjoy children
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 25, 2015
Daily teaching responsibilities, health care, hygiene care, process paperwork, clean classroom toys and furniture. Nourishment of children. Work well with co-workers. Enjoy my everyday contact with the children.
Pros
The joy when I see smiles on the childrens faces, especially when they come in.
Cons
Different schedule too often
Versatile and Cultured Workplace
HSI Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 17, 2015
I enjoyed working here because it was rewarding to help others. This was a community action agency. I also had great experiences working with children of the community, taking them on field trips in the summer to places we would not have normally been exposed to.
Pros
Helping people and
Cons
Change of company policy
Great Environment
Substitute Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 4, 2015
This job is very fun the kids are amazing they can pick you up when your having off days especially when they do nice gestures towards you. Parents can be on the rush at times but if given the chance to speak they are fun to talk to especially when they can discuss about their child behavior and growth.
Very Productive
ACCOUNT PAYABLE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 2, 2014
Supervise a staff of three...making sure that invoices are entered correctly and paid on time...

Have a great staff...
over rating is a 5
Residential Advisor/Lead Residential Staff (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 22, 2014
collect urines inspect clients rooms,supervise clients meals and kitchen duties mediate and resolve clients problems,intakes complete rounds,maintain accountability for clients locations at all times
Pros
never a dull moment
Great place to work and I learned a lot.
Case Manager II C.H.A.A.T. Program (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 18, 2014
Great environment to increase my skills.
I named the program then wrote the program Goals and Objectives, Policy and Procedures, created a protected digital file system for confidential information for reports and either adapted or created official documents for program use as directed by the grantor/ CDC Federal web site or its affiliates. I attended multiple training on HIV Counseling, HIV Prevention as well as Community Mapping, HIV testing, Cultural awareness and Program Evaluation.
steady hours
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 17, 2014
clean workplace.steady hours. Prepared and served meals.Restocked inventory
Pros
convenient location
Safe work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 16, 2014
Great co-workers, who are easy to approach and work with. Also a good learning experience.
Pros
flexible scheduling
a good place to work children and families
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 15, 2014
It has an open door policy that is used by families
A place of different ethnic diversity
A great place to learn how to work with children
A family environment
Pros
free meals, benefits
Cons
having id cards for each child, bathroom outside classroom
I am a CRT Capital City YouthBuild/AmeriCorps graduate class of 2014. CRT helps not only older people yet young people in need as well.
Capital City YouthBuild, Intern (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 27, 2014
A typical day at work/school is pretty ok, I enjoy my time here and I learn new things everyday. I learned how to use power tools safely and properly. I learned how to paint properly, still need a little practice but overall I know what to do. My manager was ok and easy to deal with, she did have her days when she gets me and everyone else upset, but overall she's a good manager. My co-workers/classmates are cool and easy to work with there were those who slacked more than the others, witch bought us down as a team, but we found ways to work around the kinks and succeeded our objectives. I feel like the hardest part of my job/school is pretty much just waking up in the morning and most enjoyable part of my job/school for me was the hands on experience.
Pros
hour long lunch breaks
Cons
scattered schedule
Benefit Administrator & Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 22, 2014
What I enjoy the most was to reinforce my personal trait of maintaining confidentiality and ethical conduct. The management procedures with staff and forms creation.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
High quality early childhood education services
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 21, 2014
CRT is program that strives to include high quality care and education, nutrition, health, and social services, along with a strong focus on parent involvement. The overall goal of the program is to bring about a greater degree of social competence in preschool children which prepares them for successful learning in kindergarten.
There are at least two teaching staff in each classroom that provide children with meaningful, active, play-based learning experiences that nurture their growth in all aspects of development, social/emotional, physical, cognitive and language development. During the day we observe children carefully; gather information from families and conducts assessments.
experience
Employment specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 6, 2014
Employment Specialist for Housing Services
• Provide coordination of education and training services to clients in Housing Services programs.
• Provide life skills, vocational assessments and training.
• Provide curriculum and service plan development regarding life skills and employment issues.
• Develop and implement job search and employment counseling activities with individual clients.
• Assist customer with State and SSI Applications
• Assist in tracking information related to employment and training reports. Maintain case notes, follow up with phone calls and handle correspondence.
• Provide resources and guidance to program participants.
• Arrange meeting with employers, trainers, and case managers.
• Provide back up, as necessary, for other staff members.
• Prepare weekly employment status reports.
• Assist in planning and coordinating special events necessary to meet the compliance goals of the program.
• Provide outreach services for clients who have mental health, who are sexual offenders, HIV positive with addiction disorders.
Pros
focus on all aspects of customers
Cons
outsourced customer service rep
Lots of free things
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 10, 2013
The day is full of a variety of people and circumstances that need assistant for the energy season
Pros
free lunch before we start to work late nights
Cons
breaks go by to fast
Accounts Receivables Specialist
Accounts Receivables Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 20, 2013
AR management for a variety of CRT programs, including daily deposits, coding and posting all cash receipts to general ledger. Code and post all cash receipt deposits to general budget ledger, collect and evaluate all incoming deposit items, including event ticket revenue, verify/review all outside deposits, including EFT and off-site transactions. Prepare bank deposits to be deposited into specific banks per Senior Accountant’s direction, create source documents and post accounts receivable to financial system. Bill funders, clients, and employees, including non-sufficient funds fees and provide substantiating reports to funders, as required.
fun and a great food service experience
Temporary Aide (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 21, 2013
I loved working the cold line and production. The people are great to get along with.
Pros
nice breaks
Some workers were very professional, others were not
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 27, 2013
CRT is a large community-services agency in Hartford, CT. The salary was low, but the benefits were good at the time when I worked there.