Community Renewal Team Employee Reviews

Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 31, 2017
Working for community renewal team is very humbling and rewarding. We feed people in our home delivery program to help people stay in there homes and out of a convenient home. In our head start program we feed kids that most of the time don't eat at home. It's very important work.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
negative vibes from uppper managemnt, No support for teachers.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 15, 2017
I can see this CRT as a nice place to educate children, but the bottom line it is a daycare center for babysitting. They get state funding to implement and educational environment for children, yet the children barely have any educational toys and the playground is unsafe.The assistant teacher, for the most part are good caring workers, not to much to say about teachers because there are barley any teacher. My advice research and investigate them. Upper management have an ego issue and control disorder. fours years ago they were raided by the FBI for false grant distribution, in other words, grant money was used unlawfully. All this is public recorded, just check the internet.
Pros
children
Cons
Need more educational structure for staff, parents and chilldren.
very good with kids and pepole
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 17, 2016
good for kids and for people looking for jobs and good for people who loves kids and that wants to have fun with kids and want to have fun
Productive and fun working place
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 3, 2016
Excellent place to work at, with good benefit package. Staff and management team are very flexible. This company reach out to the community in every way they can.
Satisfaction learning from people that enjoy working for the community
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutOctober 20, 2016
I greet staff, go to the office and input clients information in the computer system. I enjoyed learning office work and what is expected to be done periodically in an office environment.
Pros
Excellent work experience
Cons
Wish I was employed part time instead of a summer job
Excellent Data Base System (STEPS)
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 29, 2016
Good company to work for if you have family. Work week Monday through Friday 8am-4pm for 80% of staff members. Open weekends at some service locations.
Pros
Incentives for employees
Cons
Healthcare could be better
Productive and fun place to work.
Residential aide (Current Employee) –  34 huyshope ave hartford ct.September 14, 2016
Working with CRT is wonderful i love being able to advocate and help the guest with problems or questions they might have. To make sure guest R okay.
Pros
Seeing mem smile for the work that we do.
Cons
Not being able to do more for the Guest.
Awesome Company
Teachers' Assistant - Floater (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 7, 2016
Working with the city of Hartford has been two and half of the best years of my working life. The synergy I felt with the staff made it feel like family where everyone was so helpful in assisting me to settle in. I find myself waking up each morning very eager and willing to go the extra mile to be the best that I can be for this company. The support from the management was unbelievable. The city of Hartford is currently downsizing its early learning centers and as a result I would like to continue working and interacting with the children in another location.
Pros
Awesome organization
Cons
they are closing their centers
a lot of holiday
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 18, 2016
the job is a job, working with the children is the best part of that place. management are good and friendly. the pay most of the holidays
Helping hands help others
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford ctMay 15, 2016
A typical workday consist of helping individuals of all ethnic backgrounds over come issues with poverty and assist with any basic needs or other outreach functions to help them maintain a positive life. I have learned that my passion in my life is to help others prosper in their lives .I enjoy my co workers and the most enjoyable part of my job is helping others which has always been my passion and which will continue o be my passion
Pros
Helping individuals in need
Cons
Better employee benefits
Does great work for Hartford and surrounding communities
Financial Analyst/Reporting Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 3, 2016
multiple meetings, overlapping deadlines, no acknowledgement /appreciation for work done, excessive and unbalanced job duties
Pros
co-workers and peers are great to work with
Cons
Unprofessional management
Services for the community
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 30, 2015
Non profit organization that provide basic needs to low income individuals and families in the community. The organization provide services such as energy assistance, housing, child care and other programs.
Bilingual Communications Specialist – Webmaster
Webmaster - Bilingual Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 24, 2015
CRT is a great place to work. I’ve been with them for almost 9 years. At CRT, the program participants come first. They are the most important part of our business model. But if you are looking to get monetary incentives or even a raise after you start working with the company then this is not the place for you. Employee loyalty runs high here because of the love assisting people in the community, but not because of the salary. I hope this helps!
Fun place to work. Enjoy children
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 25, 2015
Daily teaching responsibilities, health care, hygiene care, process paperwork, clean classroom toys and furniture. Nourishment of children. Work well with co-workers. Enjoy my everyday contact with the children.
Pros
The joy when I see smiles on the childrens faces, especially when they come in.
Cons
Different schedule too often
Versatile and Cultured Workplace
HSI Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 17, 2015
I enjoyed working here because it was rewarding to help others. This was a community action agency. I also had great experiences working with children of the community, taking them on field trips in the summer to places we would not have normally been exposed to.
Pros
Helping people and
Cons
Change of company policy
Great Environment
Substitute Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 4, 2015
This job is very fun the kids are amazing they can pick you up when your having off days especially when they do nice gestures towards you. Parents can be on the rush at times but if given the chance to speak they are fun to talk to especially when they can discuss about their child behavior and growth.
Very Productive
ACCOUNT PAYABLE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 2, 2014
Supervise a staff of three...making sure that invoices are entered correctly and paid on time...

Have a great staff...
over rating is a 5
Residential Advisor/Lead Residential Staff (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 22, 2014
collect urines inspect clients rooms,supervise clients meals and kitchen duties mediate and resolve clients problems,intakes complete rounds,maintain accountability for clients locations at all times
Pros
never a dull moment
Great place to work and I learned a lot.
Case Manager II C.H.A.A.T. Program (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 18, 2014
Great environment to increase my skills.
I named the program then wrote the program Goals and Objectives, Policy and Procedures, created a protected digital file system for confidential information for reports and either adapted or created official documents for program use as directed by the grantor/ CDC Federal web site or its affiliates. I attended multiple training on HIV Counseling, HIV Prevention as well as Community Mapping, HIV testing, Cultural awareness and Program Evaluation.
steady hours
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 17, 2014
clean workplace.steady hours. Prepared and served meals.Restocked inventory
Pros
convenient location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Renewal Team. Our community is ready to answer.

Community Renewal Team Reviews by Location