COMMUNITY RESIDENCES INC Employee Reviews

ok good to work at if you want to get you feet in the door with children or adults with mental illness
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTJanuary 25, 2017
you get to work hand and hand with children with mental disabilities which is the good part of the job but most houses are under staffed and work days are usually longer due to that
Pros
good benefits
Cons
understaffed
micromanagement and no room for advancement
Direct care professional (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VaJanuary 18, 2017
A typical day at work will be staff talking about each other and doing a lot of underhanded things and not taking care of the individuals. Individuals person centered plans are not carried out and when reported to management, if that staff person is one of his "Favorites" he will just brush it off. Unprofessional environment!!!!
Pros
Taking care of the individuals
Cons
Unprofessional environment, no room for advancement
Scattered areas of racist practices
LPN/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTDecember 10, 2016
I observed on the few occasions whereas they would skip over very qualified nurses and RIs and give the jobs to friends family members husbands wives etc extortion issues here, made the news! one of the house managers stole $6,000. it's basically a white Bastion with all the people of color on the bottom and the white folks on top pretty much the usual pyramid set up in America
Pros
Cool people to work with and the disabled needs us
Cons
Very very high turnover
Pros and cons as any job has
LPN (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTDecember 2, 2016
Very special population of individuals we're working with, makes for a very rewarding experience. Management I have PERSONALLY encountered have been disengaged and unrealistic. The pay is not great, which I believe affects the morale over time.
Pros
Plenty of sites/homes you can work at
Cons
Low pay, no raises
Something I loved to just a job.
Residential Instructor (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTSeptember 10, 2016
I've been at this job almost 8 years. When I first started I didn't look at it as a job because it was something I really enjoyed doing. But over the years you the upper executives really start to make you feel underappreciated. So now it feels like a regular 9-5
Cri
RESIDENTAL INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 28, 2016
CRI is a good place to work, i enjoyed it very much. I would love to work there again. More communication is necessary between employees
Fun and safe place to be
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTDecember 11, 2015
The manager at that time was very easy going he always watched out for people and made sure if you need something at your disposal he would hand it over to you I really liked the fact that it was a great environment
good place
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  ct.September 26, 2015
Good Place to work.Not very good pay but a lot of homes to pick from. Have worked with some very nice people. I enjoy workng with the individuals and my co-workers daily.
Pros
good place
Cons
low pay
Productive, fun, new experiences, helpful
Residential Instructor (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTJuly 28, 2015
Great job to have, it helps you understand other persons behaviors. CRI helps you identify children in need. Management is great towards staff. Management helps you with all problems within the home. All questions can be answered in fashionable time. Overtime hours are available.
Pros
Helping others find their way
Residential Services
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTJune 7, 2015
The agency does not pay well and therefore, does not end up hiring a high caliber of individual which makes working there difficult. It was hard to work with people who felt they did not make enough money to make helping the residents worth their time. Residential management staff was only there during the day, when the residents were in school, so they were not always aware and compassionate as to what the job actually entailed.
Fun work place
Residential Instructor - (Former Employee) –  Southignton, ConnecticutApril 1, 2015
Getting to know the clients of each of the residents was enjoyably time consuming. I looked forward to each day of work. Even though it was only per diam, there were still a lot of hours available. I only stopped working there because I ended up moving to Georgia.
Great Company Great People
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTMarch 26, 2015
Expect to have a great time where ever you are place. The pay is low but the company has great returns. Great experience with management, paid trainings, employee benefits package is great, Room for advancement and you won't regret working for a company that appreciates its employees by showing them through banquets, picnics, bonuses and raises. The holiday parties are awesome. It's a great away from home family.
Pros
Great Company that cares about their employees with plenty of room for advancement
Cons
low pay
Great Company.
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTFebruary 12, 2015
This job by far has been one of the hardest but best jobs I've had in my past. I loved working one to one with the clients. it was hard for me from my own personal reasons, I lost a few clients while working for this company that meant a lot to me. other than that my team workers were the best crew to work with.
Pros
So much experience i gained.
Cons
losing patients.
Plenty of chances for advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canaan, CTJanuary 12, 2015
I loved the participants and co workers. Benefits are some of the best you'll find in this buisness.
working with special needs
Direct Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTJuly 7, 2014
overall it was a great experience. I helped consumers by teaching them everyday living skills.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no breaks
Great place to start your career
Residential Instructor (weekends) (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTJune 16, 2014
Fun place to work, great supervisor works with you if you have children.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Insurance
One cannot help but love the clients
Residential Instructor (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTApril 20, 2014
A typical day at CRI includes escorting clients, administering medications and making sure the homes are clean and presentable at all times. I have learned of the resiliency of life. Management makes certain staffing is trained to address any and all challenges our clients may face. My co-workers are all team players. The hardest part of the job is my working a flex schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my clients faces and their joy knowing that I am there for them.
productive and rewarding job
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTApril 1, 2014
its a 8hr shift. you learn everyday something new with yourself and the consumers you take care of.we all work hard as a team .the best part going home knowing you a made a person day
Pros
rewarding
Cons
you wish you can do more
Ok place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTMarch 11, 2014
Good management not enough support. A lot of travel for meetings
Pros
Good People to work with
Cons
No support
fun worksite
Residential Instructor (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTOctober 26, 2012
always something to do and many opprotunities to excel. very diverse site between consumers and staff. you are able to make memories and good times as long as you put in the time to do it. very rewarding job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COMMUNITY RESIDENCES INC. Our community is ready to answer.