COMMUNITY RESIDENCES INC Employee Reviews

Safe and supportive environement
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 20, 2017
Enjoyed working with individuals and supporting their daily living activities. Great team with excellent supervision provided. Compassionate agency devoted to specific population groups within the community.
Inadequate
QMHP (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAOctober 15, 2017
. Treat staff like less than. The attitude of upper management is superior. Micromanaging Program Managers. MH programs are not treatment based. Clinical Directors treat staff like they don't have a brain. Just want staff to cook, clean and not teach skills. Non culturally competent environment. Minorities do all the hard work. Training dept lectures as if staff are children. Poor personalities and out of touch management.
Pros
Cons
Poor wages, expensive benefits, unable to effectively do your job.
Wonderful place to work!
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 13, 2017
People focused non-profit where staff, clients, and their families are all clearly cared about. Relaxed atmosphere most of the time with healthy expectations of staff. Staff pull together well as a team to support and help clients gain their highest level of independence and achieve their dreams. Great advancement potential for staff.
Pros
Super nice people. Concerned, ethical, kind, compassionate.
Cons
One Stars In Every Category!
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTSeptember 2, 2017
Hands down, the worst part of working here at this agency was the H.R. Department. My personal opinion is that they were extremely rude, dismissive, disrespectful, and yes, I would even include the word incompetent as well! Quite honestly, it's totally amazing to me that H.R. leadership here at this agency hasn't been replaced yet? Hiring wasn't fair either. Unless you mastered the fine art of ego stroking or playing office politics, there was very little opportunity for advancement.
Pros
medical/dental coverage and paid vacation time
Cons
H.R. Department was extremely rude and dismissive
pretty decent company to work for
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 28, 2017
great place to work, however not a place you can create a career but definitely can earn a living wage. They do not have a lot of opportunities for growth, but they do hire from within.
Pros
cool managers
Cons
pay
Great
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTJuly 25, 2017
I enjoyed working at Community residences. I worked there when I was in college and it was a great place to learn, very flexible hours and enjoyed the people.
Overall not good, they don't value their employees.
(Residential Instructor)T (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 24, 2017
This agency does not pay well and don't give raises. CRI does not value their employees and make you feel dispensable. The higher ups such as management been their too long and they don't have room for upward mobility. The agency is not culturally diverse you only see people of color working in Residential settings. I would not reccommend anyone to work for this agency.
Pros
Cons
Does not give raises
Good Place to work and grow professionally
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  ArlingtonJune 29, 2017
Good Solid Job with loads of opportunities. Supportive environment with lots of supervision and support. Allows one the opportunity to grow within the company.
Pathetic
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTJune 28, 2017
Was offered a position through a text message on a Thursday. On the following Monday, I was informed I was not being offered a position. This is pretty sad.
Pros
Cons
Management and human resources
ok
lead dy program instructore (Current Employee) –  newington ctJune 7, 2017
The job is faced paced. It can be stressful as you are dealing with the needs of another. Compensation is horrible. Youre under paid doing a lot of work that could be done with people with degrees.
Nice People, Great Place to work
Peer Counselor and QMHP-A (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 26, 2017
Great place to work, but they do not give raises. The work there is very rewarding. I really like my work there, it's just too far of a commute for me and the benefits are expensive.
great place
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTMarch 22, 2017
great place to work , very calm environment but you learn to love the clients every staff is great and always willing to help whenever needed great management also
ok good to work at if you want to get you feet in the door with children or adults with mental illness
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTJanuary 25, 2017
you get to work hand and hand with children with mental disabilities which is the good part of the job but most houses are under staffed and work days are usually longer due to that
Pros
good benefits
Cons
understaffed
micromanagement and no room for advancement
Direct care professional (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VaJanuary 18, 2017
A typical day at work will be staff talking about each other and doing a lot of underhanded things and not taking care of the individuals. Individuals person centered plans are not carried out and when reported to management, if that staff person is one of his "Favorites" he will just brush it off. Unprofessional environment!!!!
Pros
Taking care of the individuals
Cons
Unprofessional environment, no room for advancement
Scattered areas of racist practices
LPN/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTDecember 10, 2016
I observed on the few occasions whereas they would skip over very qualified nurses and RIs and give the jobs to friends family members husbands wives etc extortion issues here, made the news! one of the house managers stole $6,000. it's basically a white Bastion with all the people of color on the bottom and the white folks on top pretty much the usual pyramid set up in America
Pros
Cool people to work with and the disabled needs us
Cons
Very very high turnover
It's pk
Resident Instructor (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTDecember 2, 2016
The company is okay but the problem is that there rules make it very hard to do your job. For example if you drive the company cars 10 miles over the speed limit. They punish you and if it's so often, they will fire you. The other is that they have managers that make it hard to do your job and help the people your working with.
Pros
Many houses available
Cons
Management and the restrictive rules
Pros and cons as any job has
LPN (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTDecember 2, 2016
Very special population of individuals we're working with, makes for a very rewarding experience. Management I have PERSONALLY encountered have been disengaged and unrealistic. The pay is not great, which I believe affects the morale over time.
Pros
Plenty of sites/homes you can work at
Cons
Low pay, no raises
Something I loved to just a job.
Residential Instructor (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTSeptember 10, 2016
I've been at this job almost 8 years. When I first started I didn't look at it as a job because it was something I really enjoyed doing. But over the years you the upper executives really start to make you feel underappreciated. So now it feels like a regular 9-5
Cri
RESIDENTAL INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 28, 2016
CRI is a good place to work, i enjoyed it very much. I would love to work there again. More communication is necessary between employees
Fun and safe place to be
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTDecember 11, 2015
The manager at that time was very easy going he always watched out for people and made sure if you need something at your disposal he would hand it over to you I really liked the fact that it was a great environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at COMMUNITY RESIDENCES INC. Our community is ready to answer.