COMMUNITY RESIDENCES INC Employee Reviews

Very unprofessional
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 4, 2016
These people are the absolute worst. The managers are rude, disrespectful and treat you like modern day slavery. I haven't even been there a month and already I have had to turn to HR twice due to the unprofessionalism of the staff. I wouldn't suggest this place to no one
Cri
RESIDENTAL INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTJanuary 28, 2016
CRI is a good place to work, i enjoyed it very much. I would love to work there again. More communication is necessary between employees
Fun and safe place to be
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTDecember 11, 2015
The manager at that time was very easy going he always watched out for people and made sure if you need something at your disposal he would hand it over to you I really liked the fact that it was a great environment
good place
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  ct.September 26, 2015
Good Place to work.Not very good pay but a lot of homes to pick from. Have worked with some very nice people. I enjoy workng with the individuals and my co-workers daily.
Pros
good place
Cons
low pay
Terrible!
Manager (Former Employee) –  ArlingtonAugust 10, 2015
-A true lack of care for employees. They will work you to the bone, but rarely provide opportunity to consider your thoughts, ideas, etc. Employee satisfaction surveys are completed on occasion (simply to meet regulations/standards), but the feedback is not properly addressed and is overlooked if it creates an inconvenience for the upper management.
-The maintenance department is not supportive and if you experience an emergency and need to call for assistance, you reach a gruff, grouchy voice that does not appreciate being inconvenienced. Extremely poor attitude that is allowed to persist!
-The IT department is even worse. There is a blaming attitude within this department. Zero customer service skills. They will yell, slam doors, and overtly display their anger and frustration regarding technical issues that arise within the programs. In addition, their motto is "let us help you help yourself". Instead of solving computer issues, this department wants to teach you to fix your own problem while you are in the midst of handling a crisis situation with a vulnerable individual.
-The agency claims to be fiscally responsible, but they take drastic measures to remain within budget every year- cut programs, terminate employees, cut spending for essential items, start billing campaigns in which you are bombarded with the daily message to "bill services" taking away from spending time caring for the individuals.
-Upper management is very detached from the programs. They do not understand, nor do they care to understand the plight of the direct care employee. As long as
  more... things are running and they can maintain their expensive cars and vacation homes...
-Upper management does not support mid-level Managers. You are guilty until proven innocent. The community shareholders (money) take priority. You cannot do enough to satisfy everyone and you will kill yourself trying.
-The senior management team operates like a dictatorship in which sharing of thoughts and opinions is not encouraged. Collective problem solving and creative idea sharing is NOT encouraged. It is one person's way or the highway!
Pros
Cons
Many
Productive, fun, new experiences, helpful
Residential Instructor (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTJuly 28, 2015
Great job to have, it helps you understand other persons behaviors. CRI helps you identify children in need. Management is great towards staff. Management helps you with all problems within the home. All questions can be answered in fashionable time. Overtime hours are available.
Pros
Helping others find their way
Residential Services
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTJune 7, 2015
The agency does not pay well and therefore, does not end up hiring a high caliber of individual which makes working there difficult. It was hard to work with people who felt they did not make enough money to make helping the residents worth their time. Residential management staff was only there during the day, when the residents were in school, so they were not always aware and compassionate as to what the job actually entailed.
Excellent place to work
Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 18, 2015
Community Residences does a fabulous job supporting individuals with a wide range of disabilities. I have grown tremendously as a professional at CR. The work is hard but the payoff is high. So rewarding to see individuals formerly marginalized succeed! The organization as a whole has been very supportive.
Pros
Great learning environment, opportunity to advance
Cons
Can be long hours
Fun work place
Residential Instructor - (Former Employee) –  Southignton, ConnecticutApril 1, 2015
Getting to know the clients of each of the residents was enjoyably time consuming. I looked forward to each day of work. Even though it was only per diam, there were still a lot of hours available. I only stopped working there because I ended up moving to Georgia.
Great Company Great People
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTMarch 26, 2015
Expect to have a great time where ever you are place. The pay is low but the company has great returns. Great experience with management, paid trainings, employee benefits package is great, Room for advancement and you won't regret working for a company that appreciates its employees by showing them through banquets, picnics, bonuses and raises. The holiday parties are awesome. It's a great away from home family.
Pros
Great Company that cares about their employees with plenty of room for advancement
Cons
low pay

Want to know more about COMMUNITY RESIDENCES INC?

Ask a question
Very non progressive in every way.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAMarch 7, 2015
-Dictatorship style of management.
-Lack genuine care for employees and do nothing to encourage self-care. The health care benefits change annually. Counselors accrue comp time but are not supported to use it. RN'S are paid salary when they work shifts. They are not paid for any time worked outside their shifts.
-Hard work and loyalty are neither noticed or appreciated. It's simply a popularity contest. The VP of clinical services is very insecure and this defines the culture of the agency.
-Very reactive.
-Agency goals are not data driven.
-Senior leadership is professionally unethical. They discuss performance issues openly and even make fun of staff.
Pros
improving the lives of others.
Cons
see above
Great Company.
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTFebruary 12, 2015
This job by far has been one of the hardest but best jobs I've had in my past. I loved working one to one with the clients. it was hard for me from my own personal reasons, I lost a few clients while working for this company that meant a lot to me. other than that my team workers were the best crew to work with.
Pros
so much experience i gained.
Cons
losing patients.
Plenty of chances for advancement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canaan, CTJanuary 12, 2015
I loved the participants and co workers. Benefits are some of the best you'll find in this buisness.
does not apply
Direct support staff (Current Employee) –  Arlington VAAugust 22, 2014
This company seem having difficulties employing people who are qualified. The HR Department seem not having a clue about the online application process, as they keep on posting openings over and over, and failing to process potential would-be employees. It is sad, and I am sorry to verbalize as such. In fact, they need more professional training, to say but not the least.
working with special needs
Direct Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Haven, CTJuly 7, 2014
overall it was a great experience. I helped consumers by teaching them everyday living skills.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no breaks
Great place to start your career
Residential Instructor (weekends) (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTJune 16, 2014
Fun place to work, great supervisor works with you if you have children.
Pros
flexible
Cons
insurance
One cannot help but love the clients
Residential Instructor (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTApril 20, 2014
A typical day at CRI includes escorting clients, administering medications and making sure the homes are clean and presentable at all times. I have learned of the resiliency of life. Management makes certain staffing is trained to address any and all challenges our clients may face. My co-workers are all team players. The hardest part of the job is my working a flex schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my clients faces and their joy knowing that I am there for them.
productive and rewarding job
Residential Instructor (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTApril 1, 2014
its a 8hr shift. you learn everyday something new with yourself and the consumers you take care of.we all work hard as a team .the best part going home knowing you a made a person day
Pros
rewarding
Cons
you wish you can do more
Ok place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Southington, CTMarch 11, 2014
Good management not enough support. A lot of travel for meetings
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
no support
fun worksite
Residential Instructor (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTOctober 26, 2012
always something to do and many opprotunities to excel. very diverse site between consumers and staff. you are able to make memories and good times as long as you put in the time to do it. very rewarding job.