Community Resources for Justice Employee Reviews

Not productive, dont follow mission statement, no management
Program Monitor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 14, 2017
I work at the female inmate facilty and is the worst. Management is never there. They only show up on or twice a week or not all at. They are always depending on PM to run things. Residents are not hold accountable for anything neither does staff. People call out more than they come to work or are always running late. They expect people to get stuck if thier relief is not coming. There is no breaks or lunches, even if you work 16 plus hours in a day.
Pros
tons of overtime
Cons
bad schedule, toxic work environment, terrible management
I like working in a place that keeps me busy and has tasks for me to do.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  2087 petersham rd athol maApril 26, 2017
Over all not a bad place but could have used more sturucture and known tasks that's needed to be done. They needed to let new workers know more about what they needed to do and be done at the work place and not figure it out on their own.
Pros
Community outings
Cons
No scheduled breaks
Meaningful day coordinater
Meaningful Day Coordinater (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMarch 28, 2017
Nice job environment. Worked with special need adults and was completely trained in cpr and first aid. Planned day to day activities to make clients life more meaningful
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Clients could really be alot
Administrators ruin this company
residential counseor (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 11, 2017
The lack of care that the head administrators and directors show for the guys on the ground really put a damper on the job. many hours available for overtime, but no support from admin. you are on your own and on the hook for any problem that may arise with no one having your back. staff members constantly stab eachother in the back. you work with children while supervising adults.
Pros
overtime
Cons
everything else
Work life
Residential Counselor/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Coventry, CTJune 19, 2016
Good place to work but have to have a strong character and understanding of the type of work that is involved.
productive and fun
Program Monitor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 18, 2016
I work at a federal half way house for female inmates overnight. I lobe my job because they are flexable and the great team players and I also learn a lot from the residents. I help them transition from the jails to the outside world.
Worst place i ever worked in my life
Program Monitor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 8, 2016
If I could give management 0 stars I would've. I hated everything about this place. They are very unprofessional and need to close until they can rebuild . The house I worked at was filthy nasty, the furniture was old and tore up. There was no training to administer medication, and the management was never there. The staff was terrible and the residents knew more about their personal life then they shouldve. I believe they should have more in house drug rehabilitation, and counseling. Maybe hire staff members that actually care about the well being of the residents and less about the paycheck, gossip and drama.
Pros
Overtime( haha because no one ever comes in!!)
Cons
Productive for what its worth
Program Monitor (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 19, 2016
This job is a needed field as it targets and assists an at-risk population and strives to enable them with the resources to decrease the chances of recidivism.
Productive and fun workplace
Meaningful Day Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carver, MAJanuary 8, 2016
A typical work day often consisted of doctors appointments,job coaching,cooking,traveling,giving medication, de-escalating a crisis situation, and creating daily activities to help clients learn and develop valuable skills.The most valuable skill learned at CRJ was how to document, read, and distribute medication safe and appropriately. From the middle to the end of my employment the company experience numerous changes in management. My co-workers were very helpful and a pleasure to work with.The most difficult part of the job was determining the most therapeutic way to deal with behaviors during a crisis situation.The most enjoyable part of the job was taking day trips with the clients, getting them excited and involved in daily activities.
N/a
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 23, 2015
CRJ is a decent job for a college grad. It can lead you in the right direction of where you want to go. You can make a lot of contacts as well.
Not the place for you
Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 10, 2014
Don't do it! Management is full of power happy people. Too many supervisors for a small company. Not needed. Every supervisor makes their own rules. Company wide rules? What's that? :/
poor management
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTAugust 22, 2014
Bad support system for the safety and wellbeing of the clients and staff. Poorly managed. Clinical always fighting with management, not working towards common goals. They do no support staff as far as staff being front line of all the misunderstandings in the independent plans and goals.
Pros
more overtime big turn over rate
Cons
the turnover rate less support staff
Great group
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 5, 2014
I only worked here for a short period of time. While being here everyone was very helpful and welcoming. I always gain a new skill in any position Im in.
Crj
Program monitor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 14, 2014
• Pat search all residents before they are allowed to go to their rooms
• Once pat search is negative, you have resident blow into the breathalyzer to check alcohol level. If alcohol level is negative, then, resident, is logged-in and is allowed to go into his room
• Formal and informal counts per shift to account for residents
• Front desk duty (phone call mediator)
• Random spot checks on residents at work and at home(home confinement)
• Collect random and ordered urine analysis samples from residents
• Assign residents who are on extra duty with maintenance and cleanliness of the facility
• Administer medications to residents
• Random shakedowns of residents’ rooms
• Log residents out when they are going to work , attending an appointment or meeting with their PO
• Ensure that residents adhere to facilities’ policies at all times
• Issue disciplinary resolutions (incident reports) to residents when they don’t adhere to the facility’s rules and regulations
• Investigate incident reports issued to the residents by other staff members
Pros
deepened my parents instilling all the great values in me
Cons
short breaks
Poor work environment and management
Residential counselor (Former Employee) –  Rather not say whereFebruary 16, 2014
Manager of the program I worked at was hardly capable of most of his/her job functions yet remains to this day in charge of the program. Most of the managerial duties were pawned off on residential counselors. Favorites are picked and you better hope that you are one. The pay was not enough for what you must deal with and it was by far the most stressful job I have ever had. I would not reccomend this job to anyone.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Long stressful shifts, low pay, poor/uneducated management
Absolutely Terrible Place to Work
Former Employee. (Former Employee) –  Boston.December 30, 2013
This place is the absolute worst. They inundate you with mass amounts of work well out of your job description then get mad at you when you cannot complete all tasks. Management is absolutely terrible, the director has no idea what he is doing. He talks down to people and speaks condescendingly to everyone. I would no advise anyone to work here ever. You'll leave everyday feeling ultra stressed and angry.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
It's not what you would expect
not available (Former Employee) –  boston, maMay 29, 2013
Management uses politics to hire within rather than hiring someone who is qualified. They over work you and don't appreciate your dedication. They overlook your actual experience and promote only if they want to promote you. If management or other co-workers don't like you, they will sabotage all your efforts.
Pros
Cons
co-workers/benefits
Landscape,maintenance
Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Shirley, MAApril 9, 2013
I have three years of experience.Of both of the landscape with maintenance. I worked in maintenance on houses and walk ways and
stares and bathroom tie oles .
very demanded workplace
Parole Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 16, 2012
I've worked in this eviroment for five years. Its a very demanding workplace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Resources for Justice. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9