Community Services Group, Inc.

Community Services Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company, low pay
DSP (Current Employee) –  Mountville, PASeptember 10, 2015
Great company to work for. Loved the consumers that I worked with and the staff at the home. Low pay for job....especially the house supervisor. She works hard for little pay.
Excellent
Behavior Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 3, 2015
Excellent place to work where they appreciate their employees. Great employer with lots of chances for advancement and plenty of communication.
outdoor workplace
Community Service Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 1, 2015
On a typical day , I would go around picking trash up in many different neighborhoods in there parks. I also racked grass ,and lawned grass for elderly r people who can't do themselves, or afford someone to do it for them.
Pros
helping people, praised, positive feedback
Cons
hot sweaty days
Productive and fun workplace
MHDSS (Current Employee) –  Columbia PAAugust 11, 2015
Learned a lot about mental illness
Gained experience writing treatment plans
Interacted with different agencies in the community
Great relationship with coworkers
Pros
Team-oriented
Cons
Red Tape
Laid back and fun work place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJuly 24, 2015
I get to enjoy the company of individuals with intellectual developmental disabilities. The hardest part of the day is when on of my consumers has an explosive episode. The best part is seeing a smile on thier face when you spend quality time with them.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low salary
Respectful coworkers, and awesome clients
Mental Health Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 6, 2015
This work place was a lot of fun, and almost like being at home while working. The clients were awesome, and the staff were always great to be around. The atmosphere was relaxed, and enjoyable.
Good at first, then people get to comfortable
DSP (Former Employee) –  sunbury, paJune 10, 2015
The Job was good at first for me, I was really excited to learn and further my career in that field but after a while as time was going on I was getting tired of all the gossiping and complaining that people were doing. I get tired of people that complain instead of doing something about it, I've lost my want to do my job as good as I used to. I feel that this company dosent know how to keep their staff, and ends up pushing them away without realizing it. I think this place can use some work.
Pros
good pay now, pto, team work to a point
Cons
constant asking to come in early, no holidays off, not much time for personal life, can't keep staff, etc...
DSP
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 11, 2015
A typical day at work entails caring for the daily needs of adults with developmental disabilities. Each program is different based on the care needs of the individuals the program serves. Overall a good company to work for; if you are good to them they are good to you.
Metting new people
CSG Bakery (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, PAFebruary 3, 2015
Meeting new people, the co workers are great ppl to work with. hours arent long. most enjoyable part of job is baking and working with food. its fun to learn.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
pay isnt great
Higher Purpose very Fufilling
Internal Process Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Work culture is welcoming and work load is manageable.
They recognize hard work and you can advance if you show your loyalty and dedication to improvement.
Pros
culture
Cons
pay is on low side

Want to know more about Community Services Group, Inc.?

Ask a question
loved helping others
Residential Program Supervisor/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsport PAJanuary 22, 2015
I loved my job there. I was employed for 19 years. The job itself was in a group home setting. We tried to teach Adult Daily Living skills to mentally ill adults. We wrote goal plans to help them improve on skills each week and reviews for the their case managers to see how the client was progressing.. It was a very fun job as we did typical things you'd do around a house, like even playing volleyball. The hardest part of the job was watching a client decompensating and not doing well. Everyday you're dealing with a multitude of different personalities and some people have anger issues..
Pros
the vacation and sick time was fabulous along with the flexible schedules
Decent first job out of college
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  State College, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Getting into the mental health field with only a bachelor's degree, this organization was a good introduction to the industry.
Need better leadership
Payroll/Benefit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountville, PADecember 9, 2014
The company is in the process of trying to streamline their business. Unfortunately they are placing people based on friendships not qualifications. They have people running departments that have no experience or qualifications in the work of that department. This has only effected the office staff but the employees who work in the field are sadly underpaid and undervalued for the work they do. And for a human services company they have little regard for their employees or their life outside of work.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
little regard for employee
Overall a good company to work for
Assistant Program Director (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PANovember 2, 2014
I have respect for all who work in this field and it is very difficult to do so. Out of all the companies in the area that provide these services CSG does provide well for it's employees.
poor pay, poor schedules, lack of managment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  mountville paOctober 29, 2014
The company and employees are drowning at CSG. In the group home you are there to serve the people that live there, with little support. The homes often run single coverage and the bare minimum is being done. The staff are not being compensate for the work they do and are expected to work schedules that are undesirable. If you are management it's worse, you are expected to staff the home with single coverage and at the cheapest rate. Your supervisors are doing the best they can and are only available when there is a major problem. There hasn't been a raise in years and most people use the job as a stepping stone to something better. Staff doesn't take the job seriously because they don't take the management seriously. Management doesn't know nor follow their own policies and procedures. I can't think of one person who thinks they are making a difference, instead they are trying to find a way out!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor pay, long hours, poor managment, lack of good training, no values
Nice office
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Arlington, NJSeptember 30, 2014
Working with the residences in the locations was great.
First time with property management company. It was ok. Nothing to compare it to. Not much work to do. Part time work
Pros
nice place
Cons
no authority to make things happen
Rewarding place to work
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  York, PAAugust 18, 2014
This is a company that not only cares about clients but also about their employees. I worked here and did personal care for clients as well as documented incidents and situations for care and insurance purposes. I administered medications and first aid when needed as well as supported clients in the community to ensure their safety and the safety of others. The coworkers I had were hard working and dedicated and it was a joy to be a part of their team. The hardest part of this job was dealing with individuals who weren't able to speak and tell you what was wrong with them. The most enjoyable part was watching clients reach goals no matter what age and disability they had.
Fun environment in different homes, laid back and flexible
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 2, 2014
On a good day at work, this job can be very laid back. As long as things are caught up and the individuals are cared for, the job does not require any super heavy lifting. You learn a lot about the individuals as the days go on, different homes have different types of individual that needs cared for. I cannot speak for other houses and their management, the residential house that I work for has exceptional management from both the supervisor and assistant program director. Co-workers are very fun to work with, they like to enjoy the workplace as much as you would to help time fly by. The hardest part of the job would have to be understanding the individuals who aren't able to communicate what they want or individuals with high behavioral problems. Of course they assign trainings to help you as much as possible with the type of environment you would be working in. The most enjoyable part of the job would be going out to the community with the individual(s) on a beautiful summer day.
Pros
free lunches, very flexible scheduling
supportive workplace
Performance and Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJune 6, 2014
I really grew professionally through out my time at this employer.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
lots of paperwork
Not for me
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Steelton, PAMay 15, 2014
It was like being back in high school. While the supervisors were easy-going and pleasant, the DSS' were more concerned with gossiping than they were about the residents.
Pros
easily accessible
Cons
gossiping, no production