Community Services Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work where they really care about clients
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PA 17602January 2, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the clients. I have gotten to know the group members through various activities and have bonded with them to the best of my ability. It amazes me how open they are about their struggles in their daily lives and how much they rely on us to be there for them to talk to. I love it!
Group Home Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PADecember 28, 2016
This was a great place for me to work through collage and learn more about many different diabilities first hand and how to use the skills I was learning in school to help increase the individual's independence.
Pros
First hand experience
Cons
A lot of hours
I enjoyed working at CSG
CLIENT SERVICES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 14, 2016
I enjoyed working and collaborating with most of my coworkers. They are very caring individuals and thoroughly enjoy helping others. The management in the office were very helpful to both clients and employees alike. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the children and families that came into the office
Pros
Collaborating with others to ensure the best for our clientele
Cons
salary/ benefits
Fun work experience
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Tamaqua, PADecember 3, 2016
Fun work experience with clients and staff. Driving around learning what your clients like and don't like. Working with violent non verbal clients is tough
The Clients are great
Independent Living Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 8, 2016
I enjoyed my job at CSG, I loved working with the individuals 1:1. My supervisor was amazing she had also been the assistant Director. Unfortunately when the new director took over she started running the department like a boot camp. The wonderful assistant director decided to leave and I followed in her foot steps. The director was very cold and not hands on at all she acted as if she did not want touched by the individuals at the program. I had really loved my job at CSG.
Pros
Benefits were great
Cons
Director, and pay scale.
Poor
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PAOctober 26, 2016
Poor , supervisors don't care about staff only worried about the patients and what parents say . Scared parents would pull child . Supervisors would talk down on staff and talk about staff to each other .Pay sucks , no breaks !!! Supervisors would tell you one thing and then turn around do what they told you not to ! Loved working with the patients
Pros
Working with people and helping them
Cons
Supervisor, pay and breaks
Support specialist
Direct Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster County, PAOctober 24, 2016
Love working and helping Intellectual disabled individuals with their basic ADL's. Great working environment with lots of team effort
Unfair place to work for full time Staff.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 21, 2016
I dedicated 15+ years to CSG and when they changed the pay rate, employees just starting including part time were making close to what I was making and some were making more. This made me feel like all the time I invested was worthless and I sought other employment due to the unfairness.It was so hard to leave because I did enjoy my job and did it well, I just couldn't deal with being treated that way any more.Most places give their full time employees better pay and benefits than part time employees but not CSG. The part time staff start at the same rate and also can be involved in the 401k and have paid time off. They also can receive benefits if they work a certain amount of hours due to Obama care. This is why the staff turnover is so high with full time staff. I really hope Susan Blue sees this as does something for the Full time Staff but I am doubtful as she knows what her company is doing.
Pros
The rewards you receive from the consumers
Cons
Unfair job for full time staff
good place to work
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 20, 2016
conducive environment with hardworking co-workers, good management, trying to calm a resident down when agitated, spending time out with the residents
Pros
outing with the residence
Cons
working understaff
wonderful to help the mentally disabled.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJuly 2, 2016
A typical day at work involved very fast past cooking three meals a day plus snacks, taking care of five clients at a time, answering phones, dealing with other resident housing, driving to appointments, or just driving to an activity that the clients will enjoy..like art class or playground. Take clients to school or designated job for them. Administering insulin, counting carbs, following strict diabetic diets. Bathing, teeth brushing, hygiene. Management did mostly scheduling the hardest part of this job was the lifting, and the balances home and work life. The most enjoyable part of this job was definitely working with the clients and helping them perform everyday tasks, and seeing them accomplish new things.
Pros
working with the clients
Cons
Lifting and hard to balance work and home life
Mountville PA
Administrative and Client Services Duties (Former Employee) –  Mountville, PAMay 12, 2016
Difficult to work with management.
Not supportive of employees.
Concerned more for the dollar than the clients.
Difficult to get needs of clients met.
Pros
Working with the clients.
Cons
Management.
care giver (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAApril 22, 2016
done previously. I can only say that I have learned a lot about taking care of special needs clients as far as what I can do for them in their every day lives
Pros
done previously
Cons
done previously
Worst job I ever had
Behavioral Specialist Consultant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 11, 2016
Maybe some of the other branches are better, but this place is a joke! My program supervisor was terrible and never trained me in anything. Our supervisions were her discussing her personal life and when I called her with a question, she was never available. Many families are in the "short term" treatment for years and years showing no improvement while management just turns a blind eye. My coworkers and I were all extremely happy to leave and find better jobs. BHRS-stay away!
Pros
Coworkers were great, clients (kids) were amazing
Cons
No benefits, paperwork is "free labor", supervisors unhelpful
Rewarding
Senior Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lock Haven, PANovember 12, 2015
Worked one to one with clients on ADL skills and future goals. Learned medication management and taught med skills to clients. Reviewed scheduling to ensure coverage was there for all shifts. Learned to deal with people from all different backgrounds - domestic abuse, trauma, addiction issues and how to flex my teaching ability to match their specific needs. Management was not the best - lots of micromanaging and not trusting seasoned staff to do a job.
Co workers were fabulous. Got along well with everyone and all had respect for each other. Hardest part of the job was seeing that someone had the ability to succeed, but not the drive to do so. Most enjoyable was seeing someone pick themselves up and move on to bigger and better things.
Pros
One to one time with clients
Cons
micromanaging management.
Great company, low pay
DSP (Current Employee) –  Mountville, PASeptember 10, 2015
Great company to work for. Loved the consumers that I worked with and the staff at the home. Low pay for job....especially the house supervisor. She works hard for little pay.
Excellent
Behavior Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 3, 2015
Excellent place to work where they appreciate their employees. Great employer with lots of chances for advancement and plenty of communication.
outdoor workplace
Community Service Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 1, 2015
On a typical day , I would go around picking trash up in many different neighborhoods in there parks. I also racked grass ,and lawned grass for elderly r people who can't do themselves, or afford someone to do it for them.
Pros
helping people, praised, positive feedback
Cons
hot sweaty days
Productive and fun workplace
MHDSS (Current Employee) –  Columbia PAAugust 11, 2015
Learned a lot about mental illness
Gained experience writing treatment plans
Interacted with different agencies in the community
Great relationship with coworkers
Pros
Team-oriented
Cons
Red Tape
Laid back and fun work place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJuly 24, 2015
I get to enjoy the company of individuals with intellectual developmental disabilities. The hardest part of the day is when on of my consumers has an explosive episode. The best part is seeing a smile on thier face when you spend quality time with them.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low salary
Respectful coworkers, and awesome clients
Mental Health Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 6, 2015
This work place was a lot of fun, and almost like being at home while working. The clients were awesome, and the staff were always great to be around. The atmosphere was relaxed, and enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Services Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Community Services Group, Inc. Reviews by Location