Community Services Group, Inc.

Community Services Group, Inc. Employer Reviews

Fun environment in different homes, laid back and flexible
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches, very flexible scheduling
On a good day at work, this job can be very laid back. As long as things are caught up and the individuals are cared for, the job does not require any super heavy lifting. You learn a lot about the individuals as the days go on, different homes have different types of individual that needs cared for. I cannot speak for other houses and their management, – more... the residential house that I work for has exceptional management from both the supervisor and assistant program director. Co-workers are very fun to work with, they like to enjoy the workplace as much as you would to help time fly by. The hardest part of the job would have to be understanding the individuals who aren't able to communicate what they want or individuals with high behavioral problems. Of course they assign trainings to help you as much as possible with the type of environment you would be working in. The most enjoyable part of the job would be going out to the community with the individual(s) on a beautiful summer day. – less
supportive workplace
Performance and Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAJune 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: lots of paperwork
I really grew professionally through out my time at this employer.
Not for me
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Steelton, PAMay 15, 2014
Pros: easily accessible
Cons: gossiping, no production
It was like being back in high school. While the supervisors were easy-going and pleasant, the DSS' were more concerned with gossiping than they were about the residents.
Helping people in my own community.
Direct Services Specialist (Current Employee), Spring Grove, PAApril 28, 2014
Pros: helping others.
Cons: working weekends and overnights.
A great place to work! A cohesive group of coworkers and great supervisors make this company enjoyable to work for.
unproductive workplace
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: very high job security
Cons: no breaks allowed, you will potentially be doing the work of several people, must work overtime to make a sustainable wage.
Toxic environment where the program director makes you feel that you are not valued or cared about as a person, only as a body in the building. Staff is very busy sniping at each other and talking about about each other, but those who truly care about the clients do a stellar job, and it is very rewarding to watch clients make progress towards their – more... goals. The pay is very low and does not offset the health insurance. – less
Enjoyable
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee), Williamsport, PAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: compensation
My experience at CSG was positive. There was not always as many hours as I would like but the management worked hard to find me more hours when I needed them.
I enjoyed working with the residents and most of my co-workers.
Direct support person (Former Employee), Lebanon, PADecember 3, 2013
Pros: residents were great.
Cons: management was horrible
I enjoyed working with the residents and most of my co-workers. Company had many issues with allowing management to much free reign. No structure and though they insisted they had it.
co workers are awesome
Full-Time Employment (Current Employee), paOctober 9, 2013
Easy going co workers and serving families with mental health needs is rewarding.
Supportive colleagues
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee), Lancaster, PASeptember 17, 2013
Overall, colleagues were supportive of each other. I learned a great deal in my 16 years of employment.
Poor Management/No Advancement/Poorly Run Agency
Residential Advisor (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: overtime hours can be a boost to your income.
Cons: clients that are in diapers, incontinent as well as violent clients
The direct care staff professionals I worked with were for the most part very carrying and considerate. The management lacked in their ability to provide support. Homes were constantly running out of money for the basic necessities such as food and supplies. Clients unfortunately were neglected. While some staff have been there long term, overall turnover – more... is very high.
While some homes are well run in the agency, an assignment there is no guaranty that you won't be pulled or re-assigned to one of the many less desirable homes. Upon accepting a job in direct care you must sign an agreement stating that you can be re-assigned to a different location on your shift. Due to staff shortages, staff our regularly re-assigned.
Providing excellent care and nutritious food to clients is not the norm. Clients receive the lowest economy foods and staffing shortages provide for marginal care at best.
If you do take a job with Community Services Group use it as experience and a stepping stone to get your next job. – less
Disorganized company with no advancement.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Lebanon, PASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: self fulfilling
Cons: no advancement, no raises or bonuses, no organization
- I worked second shift you would go in to work clean the house, pick the clients up from program come home make dinner, feed them, clean up, if you have extra staff do an outing, help with hygiene, medications and then put them to bed.

-Majority of the time your single staffed so your not able to do anything with your clients.

-The management here – more... is not organized they run every house different. They also don't want to get there hands dirty once there time in the office is up they don't want a thing to do with the house there representing.
-Management needs to get out in to the houses to see who's actually earring there paycheck and who is not.

-The only good thing about this job is making sure your clients are living life to the fullest and seeing them happy. – less
Home Health AIde
Home Health Aide (Former Employee), PASeptember 3, 2013
The clients and co workers were wonderful, however the management was lacking.
Inovative and educational place to work
Training Director (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 20, 2013
Pros: interesting and valuable community based work . recognition and flexability of schedules
Cons: weak on fringe benefits such as health care, paid vacations
Responsible for training ,teaching, consultingproject and curriculum design and implementation , program evaluation and administration , volunteer recruitment , supervision and training
caring environment
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee), williamsport,PAAugust 12, 2013
A nice place to work, helping individuals to the best part of the job.
Working with kids is fun!
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAJune 28, 2013
Being a TSS is rewarding. A TSS transfers skills to parents, teachers and other members of the community. This company offers lots of support and has a good team-work approach to treatment.
Wonderful place to work.
Family Therapist/Case Manager (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAJune 4, 2013
The days were long. The reward was great. Helping families, managing many resources, and maintaining relationships was an essential function.
program manager
PROGRAM MANAGER (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMay 5, 2013
Cons: unethical
There was a constant compromise of intergrity. I felt that that the ethics were shady. I worked with therapeutic foster care and had to turn a blind eye to many things. The company hired idiots to be "therapeutic" foster parents and got fat off of them. CBHNP reimbursed the company almost twice as much as what the foster parents made, and the kids were – more... getting worse not better. A lot of foster parents made $65/day to do nothing!! – less
Fun
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 20, 2013
I enjoy working at CSG and the care i provide to the individuals
learning experance
Advisor / Residential Program supervisor (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PAJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: working with the clients
Cons: poor management
I enjoyed my position working in the MH/MR field and working directly with the clients and familys
Terrible experience
Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee), Pottsville, PANovember 10, 2012
Pros: working with clients
Cons: not enough hours, no communication.
I had to drive long distances with no compensation for mileage for a 2 hour shift. The maximum time that I got was 15 hours, I was told that they don't hear from people in the field for months at a time and that was ok. How do you manage your staff without communicating with them? My job assignments changed four times before I was assigned a client. – more... You're expected to use your car to transport clients and your personal cell phone if you need to call in. When you take into consideration the gas you use and your hourly rate, I was making about $50.00 a week clear. Great job if you want to be on foodstamps. – less

About Community Services Group, Inc.

CSG is a leading provider of mental health, intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD), autism and child and youth services – Read more