Community Services Group, Inc.

Community Services Group, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Metting new people
CSG Bakery (Former Employee), Sunbury, PAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: discount on food
Cons: pay isnt great
Meeting new people, the co workers are great ppl to work with. hours arent long. most enjoyable part of job is baking and working with food. its fun to learn.
Higher Purpose very Fufilling
Internal Process Coordinator (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: culture
Cons: pay is on low side
Work culture is welcoming and work load is manageable.
They recognize hard work and you can advance if you show your loyalty and dedication to improvement.
loved helping others
Residential Program Supervisor/Advisor (Former Employee), Williamsport PAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: the vacation and sick time was fabulous along with the flexible schedules
I loved my job there. I was employed for 19 years. The job itself was in a group home setting. We tried to teach Adult Daily Living skills to mentally ill adults. We wrote goal plans to help them improve on skills each week and reviews for the their case managers to see how the client was progressing.. It was a very fun job as we did typical things you'd do around a house, like even playing volleyball. The hardest part of the job was watching a client decompensating and not doing well. Everyday you're dealing with a multitude of different personalities and some people have anger issues..
Decent first job out of college
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee), State College, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Getting into the mental health field with only a bachelor's degree, this organization was a good introduction to the industry.
Need better leadership
Payroll/Benefit Assistant (Former Employee), Mountville, PADecember 9, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: little regard for employee
The company is in the process of trying to streamline their business. Unfortunately they are placing people based on friendships not qualifications. They have people running departments that have no experience or qualifications in the work of that department. This has only effected the office staff but the employees who work in the field are sadly underpaid and undervalued for the work they do. And for a human services company they have little regard for their employees or their life outside of work.
Overall a good company to work for
Assistant Program Director (Current Employee), Williamsport, PANovember 2, 2014
I have respect for all who work in this field and it is very difficult to do so. Out of all the companies in the area that provide these services CSG does provide well for it's employees.
poor pay, poor schedules, lack of managment
Supervisor (Former Employee), mountville paOctober 29, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: poor pay, long hours, poor managment, lack of good training, no values
The company and employees are drowning at CSG. In the group home you are there to serve the people that live there, with little support. The homes often run single coverage and the bare minimum is being done. The staff are not being compensate for the work they do and are expected to work schedules that are undesirable. If you are management it's worse, you are expected to staff the home with single coverage and at the cheapest rate. Your supervisors are doing the best they can and are only available when there is a major problem. There hasn't been a raise in years and most people use the job as a stepping stone to something better. Staff doesn't take the job seriously because they don't take the management seriously. Management doesn't know nor follow their own policies and procedures. I can't think of one person who thinks they are making a difference, instead they are trying to find a way out!
Nice office
Property Manager (Former Employee), Mount Arlington, NJSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: nice place
Cons: no authority to make things happen
Working with the residences in the locations was great.
First time with property management company. It was ok. Nothing to compare it to. Not much work to do. Part time work
Rewarding place to work
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee), York, PAAugust 18, 2014
This is a company that not only cares about clients but also about their employees. I worked here and did personal care for clients as well as documented incidents and situations for care and insurance purposes. I administered medications and first aid when needed as well as supported clients in the community to ensure their safety and the safety of others. The coworkers I had were hard working and dedicated and it was a joy to be a part of their team. The hardest part of this job was dealing with individuals who weren't able to speak and tell you what was wrong with them. The most enjoyable part was watching clients reach goals no matter what age and disability they had.
Fun environment in different homes, laid back and flexible
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: free lunches, very flexible scheduling
On a good day at work, this job can be very laid back. As long as things are caught up and the individuals are cared for, the job does not require any super heavy lifting. You learn a lot about the individuals as the days go on, different homes have different types of individual that needs cared for. I cannot speak for other houses and their management, the residential house that I work for has exceptional management from both the supervisor and assistant program director. Co-workers are very fun to work with, they like to enjoy the workplace as much as you would to help time fly by. The hardest part of the job would have to be understanding the individuals who aren't able to communicate what they want or individuals with high behavioral problems. Of course they assign trainings to help you as much as possible with the type of environment you would be working in. The most enjoyable part of the job would be going out to the community with the individual(s) on a beautiful summer day.
supportive workplace
Performance and Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAJune 6, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: lots of paperwork
I really grew professionally through out my time at this employer.
Not for me
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Steelton, PAMay 15, 2014
Pros: easily accessible
Cons: gossiping, no production
It was like being back in high school. While the supervisors were easy-going and pleasant, the DSS' were more concerned with gossiping than they were about the residents.
Helping people in my own community.
Direct Services Specialist (Current Employee), Spring Grove, PAApril 28, 2014
Pros: helping others.
Cons: working weekends and overnights.
A great place to work! A cohesive group of coworkers and great supervisors make this company enjoyable to work for.
unproductive workplace
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: very high job security
Cons: no breaks allowed, you will potentially be doing the work of several people, must work overtime to make a sustainable wage.
Toxic environment where the program director makes you feel that you are not valued or cared about as a person, only as a body in the building. Staff is very busy sniping at each other and talking about about each other, but those who truly care about the clients do a stellar job, and it is very rewarding to watch clients make progress towards their goals. The pay is very low and does not offset the health insurance.
Enjoyable
Therapeutic Support Staff (Current Employee), Williamsport, PAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: compensation
My experience at CSG was positive. There was not always as many hours as I would like but the management worked hard to find me more hours when I needed them.
I enjoyed working with the residents and most of my co-workers.
Direct support person (Former Employee), Lebanon, PADecember 3, 2013
Pros: residents were great.
Cons: management was horrible
I enjoyed working with the residents and most of my co-workers. Company had many issues with allowing management to much free reign. No structure and though they insisted they had it.
co workers are awesome
Full-Time Employment (Current Employee), paOctober 9, 2013
Easy going co workers and serving families with mental health needs is rewarding.
Supportive colleagues
Clinical Supervisor (Current Employee), Lancaster, PASeptember 17, 2013
Overall, colleagues were supportive of each other. I learned a great deal in my 16 years of employment.
Poor Management/No Advancement/Poorly Run Agency
Residential Advisor (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: overtime hours can be a boost to your income.
Cons: clients that are in diapers, incontinent as well as violent clients
The direct care staff professionals I worked with were for the most part very carrying and considerate. The management lacked in their ability to provide support. Homes were constantly running out of money for the basic necessities such as food and supplies. Clients unfortunately were neglected. While some staff have been there long term, overall turnover is very high.
While some homes are well run in the agency, an assignment there is no guaranty that you won't be pulled or re-assigned to one of the many less desirable homes. Upon accepting a job in direct care you must sign an agreement stating that you can be re-assigned to a different location on your shift. Due to staff shortages, staff our regularly re-assigned.
Providing excellent care and nutritious food to clients is not the norm. Clients receive the lowest economy foods and staffing shortages provide for marginal care at best.
If you do take a job with Community Services Group use it as experience and a stepping stone to get your next job.
Disorganized company with no advancement.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee), Lebanon, PASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: self fulfilling
Cons: no advancement, no raises or bonuses, no organization
- I worked second shift you would go in to work clean the house, pick the clients up from program come home make dinner, feed them, clean up, if you have extra staff do an outing, help with hygiene, medications and then put them to bed.

-Majority of the time your single staffed so your not able to do anything with your clients.

-The management here is not organized they run every house different. They also don't want to get there hands dirty once there time in the office is up they don't want a thing to do with the house there representing.
-Management needs to get out in to the houses to see who's actually earring there paycheck and who is not.

-The only good thing about this job is making sure your clients are living life to the fullest and seeing them happy.

About Community Services Group, Inc.

CSG is a leading provider of mental health, intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD), autism and child and youth services – Read more

Community Services Group, Inc. Salaries