Community Services Group, Inc.

Community Services Group, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

wonderful to help the mentally disabled.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJuly 2, 2016
A typical day at work involved very fast past cooking three meals a day plus snacks, taking care of five clients at a time, answering phones, dealing with other resident housing, driving to appointments, or just driving to an activity that the clients will enjoy..like art class or playground. Take clients to school or designated job for them. Administering insulin, counting carbs, following strict diabetic diets. Bathing, teeth brushing, hygiene. Management did mostly scheduling the hardest part of this job was the lifting, and the balances home and work life. The most enjoyable part of this job was definitely working with the clients and helping them perform everyday tasks, and seeing them accomplish new things.
Pros
working with the clients
Cons
Lifting and hard to balance work and home life
Mountville PA
Administrative and Client Services Duties (Former Employee) –  Mountville, PAMay 12, 2016
Difficult to work with management.
Not supportive of employees.
Concerned more for the dollar than the clients.
Difficult to get needs of clients met.
Pros
Working with the clients.
Cons
Management.
care giver (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PAApril 22, 2016
done previously. I can only say that I have learned a lot about taking care of special needs clients as far as what I can do for them in their every day lives
Pros
done previously
Cons
done previously
Worst job I ever had
Behavioral Specialist Consultant (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 11, 2016
Maybe some of the other branches are better, but this place is a joke! My program supervisor was terrible and never trained me in anything. Our supervisions were her discussing her personal life and when I called her with a question, she was never available. Many families are in the "short term" treatment for years and years showing no improvement while management just turns a blind eye. My coworkers and I were all extremely happy to leave and find better jobs. BHRS-stay away!
Pros
Coworkers were great, clients (kids) were amazing
Cons
No benefits, paperwork is "free labor", supervisors unhelpful
Rewarding
Senior Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lock Haven, PANovember 12, 2015
Worked one to one with clients on ADL skills and future goals. Learned medication management and taught med skills to clients. Reviewed scheduling to ensure coverage was there for all shifts. Learned to deal with people from all different backgrounds - domestic abuse, trauma, addiction issues and how to flex my teaching ability to match their specific needs. Management was not the best - lots of micromanaging and not trusting seasoned staff to do a job.
Co workers were fabulous. Got along well with everyone and all had respect for each other. Hardest part of the job was seeing that someone had the ability to succeed, but not the drive to do so. Most enjoyable was seeing someone pick themselves up and move on to bigger and better things.
Pros
One to one time with clients
Cons
micromanaging management.
Great company, low pay
DSP (Current Employee) –  Mountville, PASeptember 10, 2015
Great company to work for. Loved the consumers that I worked with and the staff at the home. Low pay for job....especially the house supervisor. She works hard for little pay.
Excellent
Behavior Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 3, 2015
Excellent place to work where they appreciate their employees. Great employer with lots of chances for advancement and plenty of communication.
outdoor workplace
Community Service Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 1, 2015
On a typical day , I would go around picking trash up in many different neighborhoods in there parks. I also racked grass ,and lawned grass for elderly r people who can't do themselves, or afford someone to do it for them.
Pros
helping people, praised, positive feedback
Cons
hot sweaty days
Productive and fun workplace
MHDSS (Current Employee) –  Columbia PAAugust 11, 2015
Learned a lot about mental illness
Gained experience writing treatment plans
Interacted with different agencies in the community
Great relationship with coworkers
Pros
Team-oriented
Cons
Red Tape
Laid back and fun work place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, PAJuly 24, 2015
I get to enjoy the company of individuals with intellectual developmental disabilities. The hardest part of the day is when on of my consumers has an explosive episode. The best part is seeing a smile on thier face when you spend quality time with them.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low salary
Respectful coworkers, and awesome clients
Mental Health Direct Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 6, 2015
This work place was a lot of fun, and almost like being at home while working. The clients were awesome, and the staff were always great to be around. The atmosphere was relaxed, and enjoyable.
Good at first, then people get to comfortable
DSP (Former Employee) –  sunbury, paJune 10, 2015
The Job was good at first for me, I was really excited to learn and further my career in that field but after a while as time was going on I was getting tired of all the gossiping and complaining that people were doing. I get tired of people that complain instead of doing something about it, I've lost my want to do my job as good as I used to. I feel that this company dosent know how to keep their staff, and ends up pushing them away without realizing it. I think this place can use some work.
Pros
good pay now, pto, team work to a point
Cons
constant asking to come in early, no holidays off, not much time for personal life, can't keep staff, etc...
Dsp
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 11, 2015
A typical day at work entails caring for the daily needs of adults with developmental disabilities. Each program is different based on the care needs of the individuals the program serves. Overall a good company to work for; if you are good to them they are good to you.
Metting new people
CSG Bakery (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, PAFebruary 3, 2015
Meeting new people, the co workers are great ppl to work with. hours arent long. most enjoyable part of job is baking and working with food. its fun to learn.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
pay isnt great
Higher Purpose very Fufilling
Internal Process Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 22, 2015
Work culture is welcoming and work load is manageable.
They recognize hard work and you can advance if you show your loyalty and dedication to improvement.
Pros
culture
Cons
pay is on low side
loved helping others
Residential Program Supervisor/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Williamsport PAJanuary 22, 2015
I loved my job there. I was employed for 19 years. The job itself was in a group home setting. We tried to teach Adult Daily Living skills to mentally ill adults. We wrote goal plans to help them improve on skills each week and reviews for the their case managers to see how the client was progressing.. It was a very fun job as we did typical things you'd do around a house, like even playing volleyball. The hardest part of the job was watching a client decompensating and not doing well. Everyday you're dealing with a multitude of different personalities and some people have anger issues..
Pros
the vacation and sick time was fabulous along with the flexible schedules
Decent first job out of college
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  State College, PAJanuary 6, 2015
Getting into the mental health field with only a bachelor's degree, this organization was a good introduction to the industry.
Need better leadership
Payroll/Benefit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountville, PADecember 9, 2014
The company is in the process of trying to streamline their business. Unfortunately they are placing people based on friendships not qualifications. They have people running departments that have no experience or qualifications in the work of that department. This has only effected the office staff but the employees who work in the field are sadly underpaid and undervalued for the work they do. And for a human services company they have little regard for their employees or their life outside of work.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
little regard for employee
Overall a good company to work for
Assistant Program Director (Current Employee) –  Williamsport, PANovember 2, 2014
I have respect for all who work in this field and it is very difficult to do so. Out of all the companies in the area that provide these services CSG does provide well for it's employees.
poor pay, poor schedules, lack of managment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  mountville paOctober 29, 2014
The company and employees are drowning at CSG. In the group home you are there to serve the people that live there, with little support. The homes often run single coverage and the bare minimum is being done. The staff are not being compensate for the work they do and are expected to work schedules that are undesirable. If you are management it's worse, you are expected to staff the home with single coverage and at the cheapest rate. Your supervisors are doing the best they can and are only available when there is a major problem. There hasn't been a raise in years and most people use the job as a stepping stone to something better. Staff doesn't take the job seriously because they don't take the management seriously. Management doesn't know nor follow their own policies and procedures. I can't think of one person who thinks they are making a difference, instead they are trying to find a way out!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor pay, long hours, poor managment, lack of good training, no values

2.9