Community Services Employee Reviews in United States

working with developmentally disable
Life Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 13, 2016
was a pleasant place, dealing with the developmentally disabled is a challenge in it self. overall good leadership and control of the business
Pros
good people
Cons
stuck on overnight shift
High paced work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New MexicoJune 8, 2016
Most of the locations would not offer full-time positions and overall there was no possible career advancement.

The specific degrees aren't offered here for possible advancement.
Pros
The jobs were often seasonal.
Cons
The jobs were short-term.
Enjoyed being with the children
Pen Pal (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILMay 21, 2016
I enjoyed being with the families and children. I liked how they managed who was in and out of the childcare. The staff was not always the most friendly. The hours were manageable.
productive and learning
Assist elderly neighbors (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 14, 2016
I was a college program for students trying to get the fill for college. everyday was different activities with a lesson. i learned about fast food products , music from a different country. The most enjoyable part was connecting with new people.
Teaching
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 28, 2016
I absolutely loved working and helping the children. I was in a after school program which allowed me to work with teens and younger children. My experience taught me a lot while working there.
Pros
free food and daycare
Cons
no breaks
Children always light up a room with their smiles!
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 20, 2016
A typical day at CSC involves teachers, children, parents, bus drivers, speech therapists, IEP meetings, physical therapists, behavior therapists, computer teachers and the community all coming together as a whole to serve the children as individuals. All of my years of experience with children has taught me valuable skills to work with them. The hardest part of working for CSC is the policies and practices of only talking to the head teacher and excluding the teacher assistant as if she were not part of a team. Management will not hear what the assistant has to say unless the head teacher brings it up. The most enjoyable part was working with the children.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no salary increase
Great Experience
Family Partner (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 20, 2015
A typical day' very busy schedule, home visits daily, very structural atmosphere. I learn team work, time management and organizational skills. I worked with professional staff our team worked closely and cohesively. The hard part was the snow days. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with all my clients.
Pros
Finding parking
Cons
Meeting with all my clients with in the month.
Simply Community Service
N/A (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 11, 2015
This was honestly nothing more than community services that was done as a requirement for my graduation from high school.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
productived place
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 4, 2015
Screens and routes incoming calls and messages when necessary.
Maintains files and databases. a good place to work the co work that
Community involvement always a positive experience
VOLUNTEER SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Ukiah, CAAugust 24, 2015
I worked with the community (city and business).
I learned the positive side of community activism.
Working along side business and community leaders was always a positive experience,
Co-workers within the community could not have been more supportive of the activities presented for their approval.
There were no down sides as I had been working with them for over ten years.
All aspects of the job was positive.
Pros
The people were amazing.
Cons
Sometimes working when although I followed through, sometimes not so with others.

Want to know more about Community Services?

Ask a question
The worst place to work
Child Development Partner (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 20, 2015
I enjoyed working with my clients and my co-workers. The work itself was fulfilling but the office environment was stifling. Management is very negative and they only see you and the clients as numbers. If you want to be over worked, micromanaged, unsupported, and treated like a child then this job is for you. Management does not care about their staff what so ever. The director of the program is receiving awards all the while treating the staff that actually does the work unfairly. The turn over rate is astounding. Also since I left they have started GPS tracking their staff. The only reason people stay in this position is because the pay is decent and the benefits are great.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Awful place to work
Fun and interactive
Game Host (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 20, 2015
Well community service isn't a job but a chance to interact with people of different cultures and beliefs different from yours. I loved working with the young kids and to see everyone in Memphis Happy
A fun, calm workplace.
Recreation Aide (Current Employee) –  Lake Community CenterAugust 11, 2015
Register students for recreational classes or activities.
Watch over city facilities while in use.
Work and manage city events.
Working a long side great coworkers who genuinely care about you.
Hardest part of the job is also the best. Working community events and being able to interact with the community.
Pros
Working events were almost just like partcipating in an event, Almost felt like my job was to have fun
Cons
Limit of 1, 000 hrs a year. Less than 20 hrs a week.
Enjoyable working place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Happy Nails and Spa SalonAugust 9, 2015
This job required me to speak fluently in English and Vietnamese because the employees were all Vietnamese and the customers were mostly American. I worked as a manager and customer service. I assigned manicurist and pedicurist jobs for the employees as well as ensured whether the customers like our services.
Pros
Clean environment, cool with AC
Cons
Short break
fun and caring workers
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 31, 2015
my boss was really cool and she like me and gave me good comments. the customers are nice and I stocked and cleaned. it was a easy goin store and their wasn't nothing hard about the job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Good
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  NYJune 22, 2015
I liked the consumers and my coworkers. they were all like mt family. I really couldn't ask for a better group of people. who I am able to call my friends/family.
work place
Direct Support Prossessional (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 12, 2015
Busy work day. Cooking and cleaning. enjoy doing many activities with my individuals. love all my co workers, hardest part of my job is communication. I believe communication is KEY
Summary is accurate
Development Skills Professuional (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 6, 2015
Enjoyed working with individuals and co-workers. Taught me patience. Various work sites available make convienent. The hardest part of the job was remembering that the individuals always need help with typical everyday life skills especially in the community.
Pros
Free meals. Flexable hours.
Cons
Need to take time to learn individuals and patience.
Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 20, 2015
Assisted individuals with daily living, passed medications, prepared food, helped with laundry. Took individuals on outings medical appointments, grocery shopping, clothing shopping.
Cons
no overtime
love it
Life Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 10, 2015
Loved this job also. the people are awesome and the managers were a peach to work with also. I enjoyed helping the disabled and I gained a lot of friendships and experince