Community Support Services

Community Support Services Employer Reviews

very nice place to work for
Receptionist (Former Employee), Akron, OHJune 30, 2014
I loved working there .the people was nice.I did taking calls,directing calls in the right direction.fax machines,copyier,paper packets .data entry.
Demanding
Case Manager (Former Employee), Akron, OHJune 24, 2014
When working with the mental ill population is take a special individual to do this typed of work my hat goes off to all of those you can.
Job working with Developmentally Disabled Adults
Direct Support Provider (Former Employee), Salem, OregonMay 26, 2014
Pros: good insurance and other benefits, fair pay
Cons: all the rules
I worked with developmentally disabled adults. I learned a great deal about their lives and how they were once treated by society. The management was generally supportive especially the direct supervisor. My coworkers were great and very helpful. We all worked as a team. The hardest part of the job was all the rules and trying to make sure that you – more... did nott break any of them. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people. They were some of the most fun, loving and trusting people. – less
Pay is not worth the time and effort
Instructional Associate (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDMay 17, 2014
If you are unable to come to work you have to arrange for a sub. If you cannot find a sub you HAVE to come to work or you will receive a write up. The people in management treat staff very unfair. The only enjoyable part of my day is interacting with my clients.
expeience
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 28, 2014
• Supervised three community-based service delivery programs for people with multiple disabilities.
• Monitored programs for compliance with state laws and codes.
• Created reports to maintain state funding, deliver effective and safe care to clients, and maintain staff credentials.
• Established policies and programs to teach self-advocacy, daily living – more... skills, provide meal services, mental health and medical treatment at five service locations.
• Recruited, hired, trained and supervised staff, coordinated with other service provider agencies for transition services with treatment teams, planned client transitions from in-patient institutions to community based residential and day program services.
• Acted as advocate for clients within multi-disciplinary team meetings advancing their wishes, interests and needs. – less
Assisited individuals with developmental disabilities
Advocate (Former Employee), Joplin, MOMarch 25, 2014
Pros: making the clents happy
Cons: periods of feeling rushed and the anxiety of not having enough time to get our work done
The clients we worked with were great. Some times the staff were not trained properly and this could adversely affect the level of care. Most staff were kind, competent, and empathetic, however the job was often stressful because sometimes there were not enough staff to give the clients the attention and care that they deserved. I learned a great deal – more... of patience and time management skills. I rarely had contact with management because I worked the overnight shift. We did keep in touch by phone during the day. – less
community support services
Lead Driver (Former Employee), Joplin, MOMarch 22, 2014
great place to work, I enjoyed my job, it made me feel great at the end of the day ,knowing that i had helped in a every small way to get these people thru there day.
The job was rewarding because of the individuals I served
Primary Advocate (care giver) (Current Employee), Joplin, MOMarch 20, 2014
Pros: clients, usually overtime if you choose
Cons: very expensive benefits, unjust ways of dealing with employees.
I got clients up and ready for their day and communicated with staff about shift before. Took care of the task(s) that were needing to be taken care of. Paper work, community time, meetings. Most of the staff I worked with were great people and always did as I asked. Management honestly became really unethical, questionable, and immoral. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was the individuals I served. The hardest part of my job was the unethical way misconduct was handled. I was the Primary Advocate for the ISL and an employee was sexually harassing myself and another one of my staff. He was put back into my ISL and he continued with the harassment with me and I reported him again and I got moved to a different ISL that I had no training on, and was told it was because, "my shifts were easier to fill than his." While working with this individual I knew nothing about I was told to take her to the ER and their company wheel chair van lift was broke so I had to hold on to her chair and manually pump her up into the van and I ended up hurt. While on workman's comp (December-January) I was written up twice and then demoted and suspended and my workman's comp pay quit the day I was suspended. I've called and called to find out when I can come back and it is now March and can still not get anyone to talk to me. So, I decided I don't want to be devoted to a company like this, I want to move on to a more healthier work environment! (He still works there) – less
Productive, rewarding, and fulfilling job.
Advocate (Current Employee), Joplin, MOMarch 12, 2014
Pros: it can be relaxing, you have time to watch tv when the clients want to watch, generally free unless client needs help, or are cooking.
Cons: some clients were argumentative at times, when clients felt they could do more than really able during night causing injuries, and no actual breaks away from clients.
I assisted mentally ill in being able to live as close to a normal life as possible. With assisting them in shopping, cooking, reminding them to clean, do laundry, and hygiene habits. Such as brushing teeth, showering, and brushing hair.
Enjoy working with the clients
Supported Employment Specialist (Current Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 5, 2014
Working with clients to obtain employment and helping them to become confident in becoming employed.
fun working place
Certified Medical Technician (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks
Its a great place to work. Management are very nice and all stuff are friendly
Working with adults and children with disabilities
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Medication Technician (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDAugust 28, 2013
Good working environment, wonderful co-workers, good working schedule
Good place to do grass roots case management working with the clients.
Community Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee), Akron, OhioAugust 18, 2013
Pros: working with the clients
Cons: very poor administration and management ethics
Administration and immediate management are poor. They do not value the hard work of their employees. Too many supervisors with different ideas and you are caught in the middle. They will hire anyone regardless of ability to do the job.Too much politics between management. Loved working with the clients and helping them grow and blossom into productive – more... citizens. Good place to start with real social work ideals. Enjoyed working with other social workers. – less
Enjolyed clients
Primary Advocate (Former Employee), Joplin, MOAugust 7, 2013
I worked as Primary Staff so I did all med orders, assited 3 Mentally Handicapped ladies in daily living skills.
Very reputicious duties
Telecommunication and portrait setter (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCJuly 10, 2013
I enjoyed my job here. Just doing the same thing over and over. Was interesting to call out of state customers and talk and try to set appointments for local police/fire dept.
Working for the military servicemember and their families is extremely rewarding.
Human Resources Security Assistant U.S. Navy (Current Employee), Keyport, WAJune 29, 2013
Pros: healthcare, given time daily for workouts, management support
Cons: furloughs
I process the background investigations for all existing employees, the new hires and child care home providers and family members. I have the pleasure of being the first contact many of our employees have with government policies and process. When I interview and fingerprint them, I hear their stories and learn how diverse our Navy "family" is. I have – more... learned that our common bond, the sailor and his family, is truly important to most of employees. It is not just a job.
Our management team works hard to listen to issues and then to remedy the concerns, even in challenging budget times.
My co-workers are truly a well-oiled machine. We each work in our area of human resources, and come together as a team to put all the stages of hiring/firing/paying/counseling into a smooth daily operation.
The hardest part of my job is having to talk to someone who has made poor choices in the past. And now those choices cost him/her the opportunity to work for the Federal Government.
The best part of the job is knowing that I make a difference and that I am good at what I do. Every day I am actively, if indirectly, helping our servicemembers and their families to have better lives. – less
Fun work load.
Telemarketing Sales Representative (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCJune 6, 2013
Pros: easy job.
Cons: bad management.
I enjoyed working for this company even though it was only for a very short period of time due to the company closing down during my employment.The work itself was very easy and helped build your ability to converse with anyone over-the-phone in a professional manner.
Fun but productive, enriching and touching.
DSP 2 (Current Employee), Salem OregonMay 26, 2013
Pros: working for and with people that you truly care about makes work easier.
Cons: none.
There is always something to do. Spending time with the individuals that I support at a Dr's appointment shopping or just cleaning up their homes is the best part of my job. My co-workers are great and for the most part I like to think of them as family. The hardest part of my job is when an individual has his/her heart set on something (trip,something – more... purchased,moving into a new place...) and for some reason they can not. – less
very productive when I was employed. This is when I realized I enjoyted helping people. This gave me my start in the social service field.
Case Manager (Former Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: wonderful management and staff. very pleasant enviroment. over all just a great place to work
Cons: a lot of driving in the city to do home visits
Great agency to work. It gives you a sense of the importance of helping individual and to maintain stability.
CSS
Medical Files Clerk (Volunteer) (Former Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 21, 2013
Great experience in a professional environment. I learned about medical filing and supervisors were willing to answer any questions I had. This was a volunteer position.