Community Support Services Employee Reviews

Very rewarding job. Helping special needs adults directly. Enjoyable staff
CSS worker (Former Employee) –  Colton, CAAugust 1, 2017
Working directly with special needs adults is so rewarding to see that you make a difference in their lives. Knowing the individuals are in good hands and will be taken care of.
Pros
Good pay. Time off. 40 hours a week
Cons
long shifts
Love and Support beyond words
RN/ Alternative Living Provider (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 24, 2017
I provided RN care in my Home with this company since 2003, of a medically fragile child to adult that got his angel wings at Christmas No longer with this awesome Provider of the Community of Special
children and adults.
Pros
Love and Support beyond words
CSS- Review
Advocate (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJuly 14, 2017
I worked with Down Syndrome, Paralysis, and Autistic individuals. I gave them the care they needed and had a great time doing it. I was able to see them developing into a better person and help them along the way. I will say, I felt like I had alot of down time so I felt like I wasn't doing my job but I was. I interacted with the individuals and built a trusting bond. I absolutely recommend the job and loved it dearly. They were very flexible with my schedule knowing I was in school and etc. No bad reports needed.
Pros
Individuals
Supports Deaf individuals
CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Windsor Mill, MDJune 29, 2017
CSSD is a great place to learn ASL skills rapidly. Works with all Deaf or Deaf/Blind individuals and teaches basic daily living skills and mental health management.
Love the consumers I worked with
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 30, 2017
Not enough pay for the job endured. Always low staffing so no one to relieve you from your shift at times. You can probably work all the hours you want but you have to in order to get a decent paycheck.
Pros
Consumers
Cons
Low pay
Outgoing
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Brookfield, ILMay 4, 2017
I am someo I am determined to do well in my job and am determined to have a successful career as well as make the company I work for more competitive.
A Great Place to Get Your Feet Wet
Case Manager/Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 30, 2017
CSS was my first experience working in a CMHC. I couldn't have found a better place to "learn the ropes." I was blessed to have a good supervisor who was very supportive of me.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Low pay
Very poor management
QUALITY LIFE MENTOR (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 26, 2017
Very difficult low-paying jobs. Low morale, terrible lack of managerial support. Ubiquitous avalanche of record-keeping. Staff continuously expected to increase client-load, very stressful and frustrating.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything/body else
Very Stressful place to work.
Community Rehabilitation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 23, 2017
Your day typically involves stressing over how to get enough units, completing notes and trying to get administrative work done. Pay sucks for the stress and work load. You don't meet productivity, they give you more clients to work with. When it comes to clients, its always nice to help. However, you get the occasional situation where they don't like you which can be hard not to take personal. Management is a joke. You will hear different ways on how to do things from every manager in the place. Did I mention the pay sucks? It was nice working with my team, they made it enjoyable. I did like the freedom of making your own hours/schedule. Anyway, it's something to do to get some experience working with this type of community. For a long term career, it's no good.
Pros
A lot of freedom to work on your own, Schedule own hours, working with a team.
Cons
Pay, stressful environment, benefits, management sometimes.
Okay place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 15, 2017
Got fired for something stupid! They change caseworkers like they change they panties and it's very unprofessional. Too many mess ups and they never take responsibility for them.
Very Productive and Rewarding
Targeted Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 1, 2017
We are very team orientated at this job. We learn daily and continue to learn and go with state demands, changes, and requirements. We have wonderful management and a great work environment.
The most enjoyable part of my current employment is seeing a change for the better in someones life that has developmental disabilities. The most difficult part is keeping up with new changes and directives or losing an individual due to death or move.
Pros
Great Team to Work With
Cons
Keeping up with changes
New program, chaotic and lack of leadership
Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 1, 2017
As a social worker being added to a new program, I just wasn't a good fit. So, after eight months, I left. This was not a good fit for me as a social worker.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, able to work from home if needed
Cons
Toxic environment, lacked ethics
Good all in all
Medical Records Technician (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 31, 2017
Temp position I would of liked to keep. You need to be meticulous working here but its a quiet little space and I liked that. Good people in the office I was at. Everyone was working to help others.
Too manycases per case manger
Community Based Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Montpelier, VTJanuary 5, 2017
There are far too many cases per case manger. The turnover of case mangers is very high and alarming. Pay could be better for the case load that is currently being asked. overall it was a great, and supportive team for the clients. that will miss.
Pros
Very supportive team- CSP coordinator is amazing
Case Manager
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  variousJanuary 2, 2017
Very little support from upper management. It seems they do not understand what is truly involved in the work done by the front line staff. High caseloads make it difficult to provide the service you want to provide. Expectations are difficult to meet. High turnover. Tools provided to complete job/notes are not conducive to what they are needed for and do not always work they way they are intended, sometimes losing work you have done.

Some of the direct supervisors are better and do really 'get it' and are willing to jump in help their team as much as they can.
Pros
Good co-workers, rewarding work
Cons
Management, tools for completing your job
Not really rewarding, thankless work.
Residential Advocate (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 4, 2016
Lots of work, including showering and changing diapers (which are called briefs!) You will have to cook and transport clients. If you work in a isolated home, you won't be monitored as much, if you work in a group home, you will be monitored every minute of the day and your boss won't let you sit down. Also expect to be called every day that you are off to come cover.
Pros
good coworkers and fun clients
Cons
hard, dirty, and excruciating work.
Working taking care of people with their needs.
Residential Float (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 29, 2016
Typical day was never the same because I worked different times and houses almost everyday. I filled in where ever I was needed. I learned a lot with this company including a lot of compassion. I loved my co workers but mostly the clients were like family. The hardest part of the job is when our clients would get sick or if we lost any clients.
The reward wasnt in the paycheck
q (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 30, 2015
Getting to work closely with young teens and adults who not only suffer from being accepting but also with gaining independence. As an advocate I assisted with such.
Pros
helping others
Cons
temporary work little pay
residential counselor (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 16, 2015
It is a good place to work....workers are nice, management treat you fairly. Only issue is this, if you do sleep over then dont expect to get paid like a regular staff
Pros
they pay on time
Cons
long unpaid hours if you doing sleep overnight with them
n/a
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 1, 2015
nice place. great people. great clients. great environment. happy to be employees. great co-workers. company continues to grow.