Community Support Services Employee Reviews

Working taking care of people with their needs.
Residential Float (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 29, 2016
Typical day was never the same because I worked different times and houses almost everyday. I filled in where ever I was needed. I learned a lot with this company including a lot of compassion. I loved my co workers but mostly the clients were like family. The hardest part of the job is when our clients would get sick or if we lost any clients.
The reward wasnt in the paycheck
q (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 30, 2015
Getting to work closely with young teens and adults who not only suffer from being accepting but also with gaining independence. As an advocate I assisted with such.
Pros
helping others
Cons
temporary work little pay
residential counselor (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 16, 2015
It is a good place to work....workers are nice, management treat you fairly. Only issue is this, if you do sleep over then dont expect to get paid like a regular staff
Pros
they pay on time
Cons
long unpaid hours if you doing sleep overnight with them
n/a
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 1, 2015
nice place. great people. great clients. great environment. happy to be employees. great co-workers. company continues to grow.
Friendly family oriented environment
In-Home Advocate (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 13, 2015
Good company when they are focused on helping but too many unknowns about job duties and affording the driving that is required using personal vehicles.
Pros
Helping the disabled
Cons
Afford to stay with job. Paperwork confusion.
Great Benefits
CSR/ HR ASSISTANT/ INTERN (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 13, 2015
I enjoyed working with them all. I was with them for 7 years. It was a great place to work overnight. The location was great. The customers are personable.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Being stuck there during inclement weather
Productive and enjoyable place to work
RESPITE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, ILOctober 4, 2015
I really loved this Job. There was pleanty of training. My immediate supervisor was really easy to talk to and always supportive. Because I was always in the field our number 1 line of communication was over the phone, He would call an check on me weekly and allowed me to brainstorm with him in areas to benfit the patient.
Pros
excellent communication and training such as Cpr
Cons
Not enough hours or mileage compensation
Relieable and Rewarding Work place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 13, 2015
Very Fun, and a rewarding place and it's wonderful to make a difference in peoples lives. also it makes you appreciate the little things in life.
Enjoyed my time w/ clientele
Activities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, IllinoisSeptember 9, 2015
I enjoyed the clients. I prefer to keep the rest of my opinions private. I did make friends I have to this day. Management is less than supportive in many aspects.
Free to work at our pace
Adult Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga TnJuly 29, 2015
Advocate for the development and implementation of community support services for chronically, severely mentally ill adults. Interact with clients on a daily basis to ensure that their case management service plan is implemented, reviewed and updated and counseling needs are met. Coordinate services to clients identified as high risk in all areas of case management including housing, education, medical need's, legal issues, social development and independent living skills. Monitor assessments and assign individual to a clinically related group. Comply with all group assessments, case management supplements, treatment plans, life functioning assessments and alcohol and drug diagnosis. Process new clients into the Fortwood case management program. Participate in 24-hour rotation for crisis intervention.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers
Cons
Going into unsafe neighborhoods and transporting clients.
It was great....for a while
Consumer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 1, 2015
When I first started it was a great place. Everybody seemed happy and helpful. The first ISL I worked at had a great coordinator. She was/is AMAZING! She listened to what you had to say and was very sincere. I was accused of a med error by another employee (which seems to happen especially of they don't like you) but then the accuser "found" the missing med. I loved the clients there and it was a little heart breaking when I had to transfer to another house due to a change in my life schedule. The company did well in helping me find the hours I needed.

On to the second ISL...
The first couple months were ok. It was a very laid back ISL. The client was a joy to be around.
After a while it would get to the point to where nobody would even call you to tell you they couldn't find anybody for the next shift. Nobody even knew where the coordinator was. She'd take vacation without any notice to her staff or primary.
Bed bugs!! If a client has bed bugs and you're an overnighter, good luck with that. I tried everything I could to keep my bags off the floor and change my clothes before coming home. It didn't matter, they would drop off the ceiling!
I ended up bringing bed bugs home to my family and spending my life savings trying to get rid of them. The company refused to help with anything....
Pros
The clients are amazing and develop a true friendship, Paid training
Cons
Pay, nasty attitude from upper management, lack of honesty
information
Employment Instructional Associate (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDApril 24, 2015
Locate barriers to client employment, such as inaccessible work sites, inflexible schedules, and
transportation problems, and work with clients to develop strategies for overcoming these
barriers.
Maintain close contact with clients during job training and placements to resolve problems and
evaluate placement adequacy.
Monitor and record clients' progress to ensure that goals and objectives are met.
Prepare and maintain records and case files, including documentation such as clients' personal
and eligibility information, services provided, narratives of client contacts, and relevant
correspondence.
Collaborate with clients' families to implement rehabilitation plans such as behavioral,
residential, social, and employment goals.
Manage budgets and direct case service allocations, authorizing expenditures and payments.
Analyze information from interviews, educational and medical records, consultation with other
professionals, and diagnostic evaluations to assess clients' abilities, needs, and eligibility for
services.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
harsh environment
Very loving and caring environment for patients
Residential Aide/Float (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 23, 2015
Typical work day was great because I enjoyed working with the clients very much. I learned alot of patients and love, how to pass meds to clients and many other things. The hardest part of my job was seeing the clients when they were sick or in pain. And having to leave my job in the end.
Pros
the clients, the loving enviroment
Cons
the pay for all the things that the job entitles but the clients make up for that.
I enjoy working for this company
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 19, 2015
On a daily basis I assist individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities. I work of activities catered to each individual needs and assist them with their goals.
Pros
helping others live productive lives
Cons
not enough hours/ part time work
fun place, but reduce hours
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 19, 2014
good environment to work, for part time, you work in a residential home with clients.
Pros
working with lovable clients
Cons
reduce working hours
Busy pace, accounting and audit experience
Fiscal management (Current Employee) –  Windsor Mill, MDOctober 25, 2014
Small non-profit, grant funded
learned about Quickbooks, audit procedures, payables and receivables, working with vendors / submitting 1099s, submitting / tracking grant billing to the State
Work with deaf and hearing co-workers
The most enjoyable part of my job is actually performing the tasks efficiently
Cons
benefits, salary
You don't want to work here!!!
Health Information Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 18, 2014
Pay might be decent but the staff is horrible. I've seen laws broken. Always short-handed. Unfair management. The company is sinking and falling apart. The rules don't apply to everyone. One of the worst jobs that I've had.
Cons
everything
Overall enjoyable and rewarding
IN-HOME HEALTH AIDE (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOOctober 16, 2014
A typical workday consisted of cooking, cleaning, personal hygiene and running errands for my elderly clients. What I learned from this job was that I was a major social contact and advocate for these people. Visiting and caring for them daily was enjoyable and rewarding. I was not just their aide, I was their friend. The hardest part of the job was their passing, although inevitable, very difficult.
Productive Workplace

· Shopping

· Transfers using Hoyer Lift

· Take vital sign

· Positioning and Ambulating

· Providing care and support for individuals disabilities

· Implement behavior care plan and coach clients on using skills

· Problem solving and behavioral redirection

· Provide safety assessments and take action to insure clients safety
The community really thrives when everyone is included.
Residential Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AROctober 8, 2014
Community inclusion is great for the community. Our society is so scared of anything that isn't typical and by introducing the community to people with disabilities it opens up a whole world of exciting possibilities.

Community Support Services Reviews by Location