Community Supports Employee Reviews in United States

Processor of billing for services rendered to mentally disabled adults living in the community
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 13, 2015
time sheets would be delivered to me on a weekly basis from direct caregivers. I would take the hours and break them down into 1 point for each 15 minutes of care. At the end of the payroll period (2 weeks) I forwarded spreadsheets to payroll. I also had a tracking process of Individual Service Plans for all Individuals under the care of the company. Deadlines were set for each step of the ISP, from the meeting to the writing of the plan to distribution. I was responsible for making sure that deadlines were met by the MSC. I reported to 4 different managers who all had different ideas and ways of doing things. Written procedures were to be followed, but they were out of date and impossible to follow to the letter of the law. The hardest part of this job was trying to be a team player and then getting in trouble (by my most direct supervisor) for doing that. She had no understanding that if everyone was on the same page that the process was more efficient and coworkers would readily by into the process, if they knew what each step of the process meant.
Pros
good health care, in-house Weight Watchers which the company paid for, exercise room at disposal during lunches and after hours.
Cons
I could not relinquish my ideals of what a conscientious employee is.
overall positive workplace, promotes self-empowerment
Residential Rehab Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 26, 2015
Assisting adults suffering from developmental disabilities, mental disorders, and addiction with everyday activities to help them become independent again
Pros
teamwork, self-empowerment, teach life skills
Cons
workplace could become a chaotic environment at times, but to be expected
Productive and fun work place. Great benefits.
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 7, 2014
Learned a lot working for this company. First management experience. Advanced very quickly. Great pay and benefits. Very chill work environment.
Pros
great work environment.
Community Supports
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 20, 2013
Over all its a great company to work for. The clients are great to work with, they have behaviors sometimes that you as staff can't change you have to let them work it out.
I loved working for this company!
Home Health Aide, (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 1, 2012
The passion to work with the less forturnate was a eye-opener for me. I love the feeling of being needed.
Pros
you set your own schedule
Cons
they didnt give exact qualifications of the job
A great place to start your career
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 9, 2012
This position was a great learning experience as a beginning to my career out of college. You are given plenty of responsibility and you have to juggle a lot as a Program Coordinator.