Community Surgical Employee Reviews

Great company to work for!
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kenilworth, NJFebruary 6, 2017
I have been with the company for many years and I love it. They have an excellent management team who are fair to their employees. Clearly the bad reviews are from employees who aren't doing their jobs. I do what is expected of me and I have no complaints.
Pros
Growth and security
Cons
My co-workers are lazy and complain a lot.
Sweatshop
Authorization Coordinator (Current Employee) –  NJJanuary 16, 2017
This company doesn't care about their employees. There's a lot of favoritism. No time off, no holidays, low pay and no benefits.. There's no parking and no parking for the handicapp/disabled individuals.. They are not understanding to families/children... You get no lunch break and everything is micromanaged...
Pros
Going home at the end of the day
Cons
Working here
Official response from Community Surgical
February 10, 2017

Just to clarify regarding Community Surgical Supply benefits, all fulltime employees receive various types of benefits; health coverage, 401k, paid holidays, and generous vacation and sick time. All of our locations are handicapped accessible. We, also, offer two paid breaks per day, and a lunch period if desired. We also extend various discounts with our company vendors, and agencies.

Community Surgical Supply absolutely cares about our staff, they are how we keep the processes and company moving forward.

Not bad for a work place. everyone gets along well
oxygen delivery and set up (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 16, 2015
You would go into work early. Review paper work, and analyze work flow then adjust inventory for the days work load. I would call my Pt's and confirm orders. Then the only thing left to do is load up and double check with dispatch to make sure there was nothing extra before heading out
Not a fun place to work
CSR (Current Employee) –  TRDecember 15, 2014
No job security, FIFO method is common place there..Everything is micromanaged
Enjoyable work enviroment understanding and sensible manager great work schedule
REHAB SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Maple, OHSeptember 22, 2014
Responsible for delivering oxygen supplies to Medicare and Medicaid patients worked with an outstanding team who showed professionalism and dedication to their job. Hands own manager who interacted with employees. Greatest pleasure came when delivering supplies to veterans.
Pros
working independantly
Cons
lots of travel
Worked as shipping & receiving clerk.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 2, 2014
This was a very nice place to work. Very family oriented. They had a great medical insurance plan.
They treat there employees like garbage.
service-tech (Former Employee) –  LindenOctober 27, 2013
They don't appreciate good employees. They are cheap and don't give raises. No job advancement opportunities
Pros
Cons
health insurance is terrible
Productive and great enviroment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 12, 2013
Room and greet patients, answer incoming calls, vital signs, prep charts for next day visits, confirm next day scheduled appointments, urinalysis, blood draws, injections, work on patient referrals, and set-up for procedures.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
i cant really say anything bad it was overall a great place to be working at.
not good to their employees
billing (Current Employee) –  njMarch 17, 2013
This company is not what they say they are. Owners are cheap and only looking out for themselves.
Certain people get certain treatment and the others get nothing. X mas bonus is an insult and is about $50 TAXED!
Cons
only two 15 min breaks a day, not looking out for employee
good homecare company
senior respiratory therapist (Former Employee) –  toms river,njMarch 6, 2012
I worked at community for twelve years.It was nice that they supplied vehicles for the therapists.They also seem to be willing to hire new grads.
Fun place to work.
Registered respiratory therapist (Current Employee) –  515 E edgar rd Linden NJ 07036January 26, 2012
Community Surgical Supplies is a great company with knowledgable and friendly staff in managment. It has been the best two years of my life since I began working there. It's a place that I will never regret; unfortunately I'm looking for a medical facility that has more flexible hours to work.
Pros
holiday bonus!
Cons
crazy working hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Surgical. Our community is ready to answer.