Community Tax Relief

Community Tax Relief Employee Reviews

If I could give this company zero stars I would.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2016
This is a horrible company to work for.
They have the highest turn over I've ever seen at any place I've ever worked. I stayed there for a year- even with an hour and a half commute.
When I interviewed at this company they told me that successful employees could expect a raise within 6 months and that with my education I would be looking at education and advancement withing 6 months and then again in 1 year. I received praise and a number of awards for my work but never had any promotions or a single raise in my time there.
I recommend reading their reviews on glassdoor.com

I did learn how to problem solve and crisis management with the clients I worked with. I learned and taught myself tax law while I worked here. The lawyers that I worked with were very helpful and taught me a lot, they were great; getting to work with and assist them was the most enjoyable part of this job.
Awesome work enviorment!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2015
Start day with free coffee or tea from break room. Then work on case load scheduled for that day. Check voice mails and emails. Attend clients who call in. Set up appointments for clients as needed.
Learned to manage heavy case loads, legal terminology, legal forms and how to file them. Learned to manage time to maximize progress in case status.
Co Workers were friendly, kind, helpful and have a down to earth casual atmosphere.
Difficult clients is the most challenging part of the job, however if you stay calm. Don't reciprocate their anger and listen to their complaints dealing with them gets easier. Stay calm, listen and find a resolution for them and they will be satisfied.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to witness the outcome of your work. When clients cases are closed and the company was able to get them out of the financial issue they were in. Just witnessing the clients happiness and relief is extremely fulfilling.
Pros
Free coffee and tea, occasional free lunch. Birthday cake on birthdays. Health and great dental
Cons
No cons, I loved that job!
A company that fosters growth, is challenging, and is rewarding
IT & Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2013
I really enjoy working here, especially alongside hard-working people who feel as if they are making a real difference in the lives of people who are in debt trouble. Management knows me on a first name basis and they are very responsive to me. The whole atmosphere at work really makes me feel that I belong.
Pros
flu shots provided in-house recently
Cons
dental insurance is too expensive at this time
just bad
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2013
not a company I would use for help. They are just not a good company.
Great office, great people, good work being done here
Marketing (Current Employee) –  ChicagoApril 3, 2013
I've worked at this company for a year and a half. The people at this office care about the work they do. Everyone is dedicated to helping clients achieve the tax relief they desperately need. The company is very team oriented and there is a good culture here. Stress levels only run high for people who are not invested in their job. The company continues to grow at a healthy pace and there is room for growth. I would recommend this company to anyone, especially those already experienced with the tax field.
An excellent place to work
IT & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2013
A company that fosters growth and cares about its employees and clients.
Position where stress levels can run high
NA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2012
This position requires you to put in long hours and work with hundreds of people at a time
Good product but bad management & suport
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis IndianaOctober 18, 2012
I enjoyed the people I attempted to help as they strived to do what was necessary to solve their tax and foreclosure problems. I enjoyed hearing the stories of what happened and how they got there and then showing them the ways to solve their problems. I had good co-workers but never felt that management was totally honest with us when it came to the product and how it was marketed. Much of what was told to us to entice us to join the company turned out not to be true. The main supervisor felt that putting fear into her people was the best way to motivate them. All this did was make people be hesitant and afraid to make mistakes, even minor ones.
Pros
occasional free lunch
Cons
limited and expensive benefits, fear factor management, blue sky earnings potential

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Tax Relief. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9