COMMUNITY TISSUE SERVICES

COMMUNITY TISSUE SERVICES Employer Reviews

I enjoyed working with my coworkers and the donors
Registrar (Former Employee), Dayton, OHSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: working with the donors and the coworkers
Cons: the benefits and the pay grade
This job is an experience in learning about the way the body works. The donors that I came in contact with were all so willing to do what ever to help. They made my job so much fun. I enjoyed the hours, the pay and the benefits were very good.
A marvelous organization which saves and enhances lives.
Marketing/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 10, 2013
Pros: the feeling that the job you do makes a difference in the lives of many.
Cons: the middle management team.
My review of this company is based on the wonderful feeling I had every day I went to work. It was so fulfilling to know the work I was doing was part of a process that enhanced the lives of others.
The company mission and philosophy was one of service to the communities in which they had offices and facilities.
The main mission was to recover tissue – more... from deceased donors which was then processed and made available for transplantation into patients. The tissues were bones and bone products used for structural support and repair and tendons used to repair or replace native tendons which had failed due to stress or injury. The company also had relationships with other tissue providers which provided machined bone grafts for spinal surgery, heart valves and other cardiovascular grafts used in heart and vascular repair.
Up until very recently, the company management was very focused on the "community" aspect of the business. Lately though, that focus seems to have shifted to a less compassionate, more financial business model, maybe owing to the national business downturn.
It appears the executive management team is dedicated to the ongoing mission of the company but middle management seems to have become jaded and does not take into account the passion which longtime employees have to give the ultimate in customer service, top quality products, and retention of customers. – less
Company with High set of Standards, although little room for advancement if working anywhere besides headquarters
Tissue Recovery Coordinator (Current Employee), Toledo, OHMarch 4, 2013
Pros: pto, great benefits, generally relaxed atmosphere
Cons: little advancement in branch locations, extra duties beyond "job", some issues with management/middle management not getting things done that need to be done
This company has proven to have a high set of standards and values. The company knows what its purpose is and thrives to fulfill the purpose. There are a few snags with things such as benefits, holidays and a few management departments, but all in all, the company is a good one to work for.
Different Breed of People
Per Diem Tissue Recovery Technician (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 24, 2012
Pros: great pay
Cons: looong shifts, hours can easily turn into days.
Great Company, great cause, as Per Diem, you are required to commit to 10- 24 hour on call shift per month, they may or may not call, if you have a regular Fulltime job it is impossible to keep this comittment.
excellent place to work
Recovery Technician (Former Employee), 3450 North Meridian St. Indpls. In 46204July 5, 2012
Wonderful team of management to work for. Community Tissue Services was my first experience with Life Science in the capacity of tissue banking. It was the exposure that I needed to confirm my purpose in life was to try to help others.
Horrible work culture
prefer not to say (Current Employee), prefer not to sayJune 3, 2012
Pros: 5 weeks pto
Cons: rude non accepting people.
Community Tissue Services is a horrible place to work. They are very unfriendly and not accepting of new people.
The have no formal training program and expect you to just learn as you go along.
The employees there are disrespectful and rude. The pay is below the industry standard and they expect you to work 24/7/365 with no additional pay or time off – more... if you are salaried.
The job I performed was enjoyable but the work/life balance and office culture leaves much to be desired. I would not recommend working for them if you have any life outside of work. – less

Skye – February 8, 2013

I can see nothing has changed after all these years. Worked there many years ago and it was horrible. They fire people all the time for any excuse. If they don't like you forget it. They work you to death and give you grief along the way. Bad deal. Stay away from this place!