COMMUNITY TISSUE SERVICES Employee Reviews

Company with High set of Standards, although little room for advancement if working anywhere besides headquarters
Tissue Recovery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 4, 2013
This company has proven to have a high set of standards and values. The company knows what its purpose is and thrives to fulfill the purpose. There are a few snags with things such as benefits, holidays and a few management departments, but all in all, the company is a good one to work for.
Pros
pto, great benefits, generally relaxed atmosphere
Cons
little advancement in branch locations, extra duties beyond "job", some issues with management/middle management not getting things done that need to be done
Great Mission of Service
Marketing/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CA and Portland, ORDecember 3, 2014
I believe the job had at Community Tissue Services was the most fulfilling position I have had in my entire career. I would very much have loved to work there for the entire rest of my career, but fate had other ideas.
There was no such thing as a typical day at work as each day held a new and exciting experience in providing most valuable gifts from people who cared enough to be a lasting legacy to people who's lives they could directly and indirectly enhance.
I learned something new practically every day, from my co-workers, hospital personnel, surgeons, etc. Learning about the usage of the various human tissue grafts and the hospitals that used them was so exciting.
Management up until recently was always very supportive. Unfortunately, the culture of the company appeared to change from one that showed concern and was empathetic to a more revenue oriented concern. The manager to whom I reported had, I believe, risen to his level of incompetence which made him unresponsive to the needs of those who reported directly to him. He seemed to have an agenda that did not include doing what was necessary to assure his reports had what they needed to succeed.
Still, though, I think Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services is a great organization.
Pros
the fantastic learning experience and the mission we sought to achieve.
Cons
the change in culture and poor middle management.
Wonderful People
Recovery Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 17, 2015
I really liked working here, only left for a better job opportunity. The upper management seemed to actually listen and the benefits seemed great.
Pros
good amount of pto
Cons
short staffed at times
great benefits, average pay
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHSeptember 17, 2014
Process donor tissue. Gowned up for long periods of time in aseptic environment. Management can be unrealistic. Co-workers are friendly and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is being gowned up for hours at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you are making a positive impact on your community.
I enjoyed working with my coworkers and the donors
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 23, 2013
This job is an experience in learning about the way the body works. The donors that I came in contact with were all so willing to do what ever to help. They made my job so much fun. I enjoyed the hours, the pay and the benefits were very good.
Pros
working with the donors and the coworkers
Cons
the benefits and the pay grade
lack of management that cares
Distrbution Tech. (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHNovember 8, 2014
managements lack of knowledge of daily job functions makes trying to implement change impossible. The constant trying of management to find fault in those under them leads to unhappy work environment.
Pros
beautiful building
Cons
poor management
excellent place to work
Recovery Technician (Former Employee) –  3450 North Meridian St. Indpls. In 46204July 5, 2012
Wonderful team of management to work for. Community Tissue Services was my first experience with Life Science in the capacity of tissue banking. It was the exposure that I needed to confirm my purpose in life was to try to help others.
A marvelous organization which saves and enhances lives.
Marketing/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 10, 2013
My review of this company is based on the wonderful feeling I had every day I went to work. It was so fulfilling to know the work I was doing was part of a process that enhanced the lives of others.
The company mission and philosophy was one of service to the communities in which they had offices and facilities.
The main mission was to recover tissue from deceased donors which was then processed and made available for transplantation into patients. The tissues were bones and bone products used for structural support and repair and tendons used to repair or replace native tendons which had failed due to stress or injury. The company also had relationships with other tissue providers which provided machined bone grafts for spinal surgery, heart valves and other cardiovascular grafts used in heart and vascular repair.
Up until very recently, the company management was very focused on the "community" aspect of the business. Lately though, that focus seems to have shifted to a less compassionate, more financial business model, maybe owing to the national business downturn.
It appears the executive management team is dedicated to the ongoing mission of the company but middle management seems to have become jaded and does not take into account the passion which longtime employees have to give the ultimate in customer service, top quality products, and retention of customers.
Pros
the feeling that the job you do makes a difference in the lives of many.
Cons
the middle management team.
Unique and Rewarding Experience
Tissue Recovery Technician (Former Employee) –  TOLEDO, OHJanuary 3, 2015
Very unique and rewarding opportunity to be behind the scenes of organ donation. Unlike any other job I have held before, would definitely do it again!
Different Breed of People
Per Diem Tissue Recovery Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 24, 2012
Great Company, great cause, as Per Diem, you are required to commit to 10- 24 hour on call shift per month, they may or may not call, if you have a regular Fulltime job it is impossible to keep this comittment.
Pros
great pay
Cons
looong shifts, hours can easily turn into days.
friendly co-workers
Processing Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 17, 2013
told you earlier abount my driving hours. hours between stops too short, being outside,
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no breakroom