Community Trust Bank Employee Reviews in United States

A very professional work environment
PC Application Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJuly 4, 2016
*This is a very professional work environment and a very enjoyable place of employment.
*The coworkers are the best part of the daily work experience.
*Management makes an honest attempt to listen to your suggestions.
A leader in the banking industry in kY
Internal Auditor/Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYApril 22, 2016
Everyone at CTB gave it their all. Top management demostrated a strong work ethic and had high expectations. They strived to grow the company. I had thw opportunity to gain a brand new skill at this bank as a credit analyst. The employees are top notch people.
Excellent focus on customer service
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winchester, KYApril 21, 2016
Work/life balance was very good. At time there was conflict between executive management directions and goals.

Very professional environment.
Pros
Professional client service focus
Cons
Management directions
informative and offered variety of experience
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAApril 1, 2016
I would perform daily transaction for customer regarding their bank accounts. I would also inform prospective customers of our products and how beneficial they can be. I would open accounts and grow relationships with others to ensure account security. While providing great customer service I learned how to approach different situations and personalities. With having co-workers from different parts of the country I learned to adapt and work well with others in a close setting. The hardest part of the job was growing to learn proper ways to teach the younger and newer employees the procedures and working with different paces of learning. That was also the most rewarding part of my job as well. I learned to grow personally and professionally.
Easy Jobs
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYMarch 14, 2016
The job was easy but the flow of work was really slow for my personal taste. Management didn't pay much attention to those they are over. I learned how to balance checks and bank accounts. The co-worker were nice but I didn't really get along much with any of them. The hardest part of the job would be trying to read people's handwriting on the checks. I enjoyed the relaxed and self pace environment.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
not enough work to keep one busy most of the day
Professional and Secure work environment
Loan Operations Clerk 1 (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJanuary 19, 2016
Started work from 8-5.
I learn a lot working at Community Trust Bank a lot about company software, had to professional at a job and business etiquette.
Management was wonderful very respectful.
I got a long with all my co-workers I loved them as if they was my own family.
I didn't really have a hard part of my job I loved it.
Pros
Hour Lunch, Benefits
Cons
Not being able to move up
Great Bank to work for
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAOctober 26, 2015
I loved working for Community Trust Bank. The management had an open door policy and was willing to listen to new ideas and thoughts. There is a positive work environment and the employees really pull together and work as a team. If you love doing what is right for every customer and making customers feel important and cared for this is the place for you.
was a good place to work
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYSeptember 12, 2015
You can learn a lot about banking in this place. The management tried to help you, when they could when a problem arose that could not be solved. The hardest part of the job, was when the equipment was down and you had to insert by hand the statement cycles and the other mail, to go out by the day.
Pros
bank trips
Cons
health insurance
Very productive fast past environment
Customer Service Representative, Teller (Former Employee) –  London, KYAugust 31, 2015
Opening the branch, making sure the night before balance matched the opening. Getting night deposits done and recorded, Ordered money and balanced the ATM. Customer service for customers needing to open accounts and make deposits and withdrawals. Opening safe boxes for customers and types of long term savings such as IRA's, CD's. At the end of the day balance drawer, and vault. Dual control to make sure branch is shut down properly and securely. Management was always interacting with what we were doing and interested in our needs and concerns. My co-workers were amazing and pretty much like family. The hardest part of my job would be around the holidays and sometimes if we were short staffed around that time. The most enjoyable part would be the customers that always came in.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers and bosses.
Cons
Pay could've been better.
good job
Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJune 29, 2015
I was a payment processor. I processed various type of payments for the bank and the branch banks. Answered phones, filing.
Good pay, limited advancement
Backup Head Teller (Former Employee) –  London, KYApril 14, 2015
This job had decent pay, but had no opportunity for advancement. The employees were a joy to work with and customers were a challenge. My people skills were greatly influenced by this job.
Great Place to work CTB
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJanuary 21, 2015
Good Benefits, nice hours, cushy job really. It's a bank job 8-5 everyday with weekends. Great place to work. Nice people.
Good management and they really did treat their employees well. They would give gifts at xmas and thanksgiving.
Crooked
Loan Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pikeville KentuckySeptember 17, 2014
horrible company, horrible pay, horrible management. The company looks for ways not to advance you or increase your pay. I saw so many rules broken by my superiors and it was one of the most hostile work environments I have ever seen or heard of.
Fun place to work.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 27, 2014
Meet a lot of new people. Management is great. So much to learn.
Pros
great people and value their employees.
Cons
pay is ok. about average.
Endless possiblities for someone WILLING to work and LEARN
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Whitesburg, KYAugust 24, 2014
Typically, assist with opening and closing procedures. Federal and state laws and regulations must be studied and adhered to. I get along with ANY type of person, therefore, I easily adapt. I wait on customers in very stressful situations and strive to satisfy both the customer and my employer. I work feverishly to provide new customers and referrals for the company. I can immediately become an essential part of the team and strive to be a troubleshooter and problem solver. I am willing to attend any training required to ensure complete and absolute completion and fulfillment of the duties and expectations required of me.
Pros
employee accoutns
Friendly enviroment to work with co-workers and customers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Flemingsburg, KYAugust 8, 2014
I learned many skills with this job; handling money, and how to please an unpleased customers.
Warm and friendly atmosphere with co-workers and supervisor is a plus.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAMay 26, 2014
My typical day includes speaking with customer after customer in a timely manner to help them with their financial needs. I am required to soothe tempers and calm spirits and assure them that I will be able to assist them and rectify any and all issues they are concerned with. I enjoy speaking with the customers that are appreciative and patient. I also enjoy the challenge of taking the call of an irritated customer and applying certain verbal techniques and listening techniques that eventually help soothe their tempers.
I have learned much about the programs, banking in general and working as a team in my customer service department. I am continually learning and will always be, since every situation I deal with is so unique. I am grateful for a supervisor who is always patient and helpful and would never turn his back on me when I needed him. I am happy I have co-workers who are willing to do whatever it takes to be helpful and assist and I want to be there for them as well.
The hardest part of the job is a customer who is unrelentingly mean and you can see that it won't matter what you do or say, they will continue to have that kind of an attitude. In those cases, you still have to continue to be kind and patient with them and not take anything they say personally. The best part of the day is when there is some down time and you can joke and enjoy those around you. I am so grateful for a wonderful job.
Pros
sometimes they provide meals for us and little perks. the health benefits are especially nice.
Cons
sitting for hours every day is hard. i have to get up and move several times in a day.
Awesome people to work with
Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  1101 ROC Lane Ruston, LA 71270May 1, 2014
My co-workers and manager were always very supportive.
They felt like a big family.
The hardest part of my job was training some of the other departments, but I really enjoyed working with and training them.
I learned a number of office skills while there. I was taught customer service, both internal and external. I was also shown filing, how to create manuals, scanning, and many other skills.
Wonderful co-workers; integral job culture; excellent place to work.
Card Services Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAApril 30, 2014
Loved the work; computer work, customers, co-workers, always busy and multiple things to do; every day something new was learned and it definitely was not boring; the technology is ever growing and the bank is growing in leaps and bounds and keeping up with the changing needs of the customer; young and old. Hardest part of the job was learning the new rules in the ever changing world of federal regulations being imposed on banks. The most enjoyable was the positives you received from the customers when you made their day.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
high stress
Loan Documentation
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 30, 2013
The workload was often busy, but not always a bad thing. The main thing about it was that I could not get compensated for the amount of work I did, as well as my experience, seniority, etc and felt I was far below my coworkers in pay, while doing nearly the same job.
Pros
supervisor was pretty cool and flexible with my special needs daughters drs appts
Cons
mainly, the pay

4.4