Community Trust Bank Employee Reviews

Turnover high, customers can be hateful
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYFebruary 27, 2017
Great interacting with customers, but as a teller, never felt the job was safe.
Hours can be long day
Too many people would call in.
Great workplace and friendly environment
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 20, 2017
This place was a great place to work at while in college. They worked around my extremely hectic schedule and the individuals I worked with were a great asset to my advancement.
Great co-workers and company poor pay rate
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hamlin, WVJanuary 16, 2017
I loved my job, the company, my co-workers but as a part time position the pay rate wasn't enough to make ends meet for my family. After I left they did raise the pay to $10/ hr (had I made that much I would never have left).
Cons
Unsatisfactory pay rate
great place to work
Teller/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYJanuary 2, 2017
i opened accounts and cd and basic deposits and withdraws of checking and savings accounts. I also helped with loan processing
Pros
free account set up
Cons
short breaks
Professional banking institute
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 29, 2016
Manager at Community Trust Bank. My experience with the company was outstanding. Moved from teller, head teller, customer service representative to branch manager.
Friendly and professional work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Centralia, ILAugust 24, 2016
A typical day at work could be very busy or very slow. This job taught me very much about the unpredictability of working with the public. Made some very good life long friends in fellow coworkers. Management was great, truly enjoyed working for this company.
Hometown Business
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJuly 26, 2016
Perform Teller duties(cash checks, make deposits, payments, run coin, etc.) The Best/hardest part about my job can be the customers I feel that is probably anywhere that you deal with the public
Pros
Small hometown feel
Cons
No room for advancement, pay is not competitive
Fun, high paced workplace.
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 20, 2016
We enjoyed having a great culture of values and morals that enabled us to have a good work relationship, and good energy to bring and keep customers at the bank. The hardest part of my job was that there were no growth opportunities. But I loved helping my customers feel comfortable with their products and feel sure about their decisions with the products received. I enjoyed helping my coworkers as well, and talking to them.
Pros
Good medical benefits, helping other locations, meetings.
Cons
No advancement opportunities.
A very professional work environment
PC Application Support Rep (Current Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJuly 4, 2016
*This is a very professional work environment and a very enjoyable place of employment.
*The coworkers are the best part of the daily work experience.
*Management makes an honest attempt to listen to your suggestions.
A leader in the banking industry in kY
Internal Auditor/Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYApril 22, 2016
Everyone at CTB gave it their all. Top management demostrated a strong work ethic and had high expectations. They strived to grow the company. I had thw opportunity to gain a brand new skill at this bank as a credit analyst. The employees are top notch people.
Excellent focus on customer service
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winchester, KYApril 21, 2016
Work/life balance was very good. At time there was conflict between executive management directions and goals.

Very professional environment.
Pros
Professional client service focus
Cons
Management directions
informative and offered variety of experience
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAApril 1, 2016
I would perform daily transaction for customer regarding their bank accounts. I would also inform prospective customers of our products and how beneficial they can be. I would open accounts and grow relationships with others to ensure account security. While providing great customer service I learned how to approach different situations and personalities. With having co-workers from different parts of the country I learned to adapt and work well with others in a close setting. The hardest part of the job was growing to learn proper ways to teach the younger and newer employees the procedures and working with different paces of learning. That was also the most rewarding part of my job as well. I learned to grow personally and professionally.
Easy Jobs
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYMarch 14, 2016
The job was easy but the flow of work was really slow for my personal taste. Management didn't pay much attention to those they are over. I learned how to balance checks and bank accounts. The co-worker were nice but I didn't really get along much with any of them. The hardest part of the job would be trying to read people's handwriting on the checks. I enjoyed the relaxed and self pace environment.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
not enough work to keep one busy most of the day
Professional and Secure work environment
Loan Operations Clerk 1 (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJanuary 19, 2016
Started work from 8-5.
I learn a lot working at Community Trust Bank a lot about company software, had to professional at a job and business etiquette.
Management was wonderful very respectful.
I got a long with all my co-workers I loved them as if they was my own family.
I didn't really have a hard part of my job I loved it.
Pros
Hour Lunch, Benefits
Cons
Not being able to move up
Great Bank to work for
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAOctober 26, 2015
I loved working for Community Trust Bank. The management had an open door policy and was willing to listen to new ideas and thoughts. There is a positive work environment and the employees really pull together and work as a team. If you love doing what is right for every customer and making customers feel important and cared for this is the place for you.
was a good place to work
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYSeptember 12, 2015
You can learn a lot about banking in this place. The management tried to help you, when they could when a problem arose that could not be solved. The hardest part of the job, was when the equipment was down and you had to insert by hand the statement cycles and the other mail, to go out by the day.
Pros
bank trips
Cons
health insurance
Very productive fast past environment
Customer Service Representative, Teller (Former Employee) –  London, KYAugust 31, 2015
Opening the branch, making sure the night before balance matched the opening. Getting night deposits done and recorded, Ordered money and balanced the ATM. Customer service for customers needing to open accounts and make deposits and withdrawals. Opening safe boxes for customers and types of long term savings such as IRA's, CD's. At the end of the day balance drawer, and vault. Dual control to make sure branch is shut down properly and securely. Management was always interacting with what we were doing and interested in our needs and concerns. My co-workers were amazing and pretty much like family. The hardest part of my job would be around the holidays and sometimes if we were short staffed around that time. The most enjoyable part would be the customers that always came in.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers and bosses.
Cons
Pay could've been better.
good job
Payment Processor (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJune 29, 2015
I was a payment processor. I processed various type of payments for the bank and the branch banks. Answered phones, filing.
Good pay, limited advancement
Backup Head Teller (Former Employee) –  London, KYApril 14, 2015
This job had decent pay, but had no opportunity for advancement. The employees were a joy to work with and customers were a challenge. My people skills were greatly influenced by this job.
Great Place to work CTB
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJanuary 21, 2015
Good Benefits, nice hours, cushy job really. It's a bank job 8-5 everyday with weekends. Great place to work. Nice people.
Good management and they really did treat their employees well. They would give gifts at xmas and thanksgiving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Trust Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4