CTCU's most valued assets are its employees. Therefore, we seek to attract and keep the best talent available. We empower our employees to succeed professionally and personally in their career goals. CTCU is committed to our employees through a variety of benefits including competitive compensation, training opportunities and comprehensive benefits.
Community Trust Credit Union is seeking high energy, member focused individuals who are looking for a great career.
Role: To preserve the credit union's assets by controlling delinquent loan accounts, collecting delinquent loan payments, recovering collateral, and recovering losses from negative share draft accounts and returned deposit items.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contacts delinquent accounts by phone and mail; takes appropriate action to bring current.
- Analyzes financial situation of delinquent borrowers; makes recommendations and arrangements to repossess collateral when other arrangements to bring the loan current are unsuccessful.
- Maintains accurate files and reports on all collections activity.
- Handles bankruptcy petitions, reaffirmations and recommends extensions.
- Adds CPI to loans and adjusts payments accordingly.
- Informs management of trends in loan underwriting contributing to delinquent/charged off loans.
- Testifies at legal proceedings as required.
- Manage collection agency relationship and accounts.
- Prepare collection analysis/reports as requested by management.
- A high school education or GED.
- Six months to two years of similar or related collections experience.
- The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Must be proficient with computers, including software (MS Office Suite-Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must be able to sit/work with telephone/computer more than 6 hours per day.
- Must be familiar with FDCPA.