Community Unit School District 300

Community Unit School District 300 United States Employee Reviews

Great people and company to work for, family oriented.
Night Custodian (Current Employee), Carpentersville, ILDecember 1, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: working part time.
At CUSD 300,my responsibilities includes all facets of the building trades: Safety, up keep and maintenance of the building. Opening and closing of the building, snow and ice removal pluming, carpentry, painting and staining, drywall, electrical and engine repair of all custodial machines. I get along with all staff members and I am very flexible when called in to cover shifts when co-workers are absent. Hardest part of my job is having the proper tools to do my job. I enjoy interacting with the staff and students to make sure it is a clean and safe environment.
Professional atmosphere w/ fun!
Special Education teacher (Former Employee), Carpentersville, ILJune 29, 2012
As an LD 7th grade self contained teacher and an Intellectual Disabilities teacher I was responsible for the implementation of all 5 academic subjects at the middle school level. I was also responsible for running parent conferences and annual IEP meetings. The most enjoyable parts of my job were the fun I had when I created an academic game for the students & they strived to succeed & "win the game". Their enthusiasm was inspiring! The hardest part of teaching was trying to create new presentations to accommodate all the learning styles that were present in my classroom. My co-workers were a constant source of support and ideas when I felt I was "stuck". The management of my former school was supportive when approached about an idea or a question of any kind.

I was the P.B.I.S. (Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports) coordinator for 5 years, the Pupil Personnel Services Coordinator for 1 year, a bus supervisor for 4 years, an after school homework club teacher for 2 years, school safety team member for 2 years, the special education team leader for self-contained programs for 2 years, and the book buddies program creator & coordinator for 2 years.