Community Unit School District 300 Employee Review

View all Community Unit School District 300 reviews

Professional atmosphere w/ fun!
Special Education teacher (Former Employee) –  Carpentersville, ILJune 29, 2012
As an LD 7th grade self contained teacher and an Intellectual Disabilities teacher I was responsible for the implementation of all 5 academic subjects at the middle school level. I was also responsible for running parent conferences and annual IEP meetings. The most enjoyable parts of my job were the fun I had when I created an academic game for the students & they strived to succeed & "win the game". Their enthusiasm was inspiring! The hardest part of teaching was trying to create new presentations to accommodate all the learning styles that were present in my classroom. My co-workers were a constant source of support and ideas when I felt I was "stuck". The management of my former school was supportive when approached about an idea or a question of any kind.

I was the P.B.I.S. (Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports) coordinator for 5 years, the Pupil Personnel Services Coordinator for 1 year, a bus supervisor for 4 years, an after school homework club teacher for 2 years, school safety team member for 2 years, the special education team leader for self-contained programs for 2 years, and the book buddies program creator & coordinator for 2 years.

Other Community Unit School District 300 Employee Reviews

Not a family oriented district to work in
Para Educator One on One (Former Employee) –  Perry ElementarySeptember 11, 2014
Yes. In the beginning everyone seems so nice and helpful but in the end this place could care less. Make sure you keep a record of everything. I began having a fever which turn out that i had came down with a virus and an upper respiratory infection. I was out for three days came back with a doctors note but as a new employee the human resource director and coordinator found it being unexceptional and terminated me. They don't believe in giving No one a second chance. Might I quite add that they also make you choose between your children or their school.
Pros
There are some friendly staff members
Cons
Don't believe in giving people a fair chance and can careless.
Great people and company to work for, family oriented.
Night Custodian (Current Employee) –  Carpentersville, ILDecember 1, 2013
At CUSD 300,my responsibilities includes all facets of the building trades: Safety, up keep and maintenance of the building. Opening and closing of the building, snow and ice removal pluming, carpentry, painting and staining, drywall, electrical and engine repair of all custodial machines. I get along with all staff members and I am very flexible when called in to cover shifts when co-workers are absent. Hardest part of my job is having the proper tools to do my job. I enjoy interacting with the staff and students to make sure it is a clean and safe environment.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
working part time.