CommunityAmerica Credit Union Employee Reviews

I learned a lot
IT HELP DESK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 8, 2017
Advancement and movement was great.
Learned a lot due to advancement in various departments and creating more than one new position.
Benefits and compensation were good.
People Driven and focused on their members
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOMay 7, 2017
CommunityAmerica Credit Union is there for the members and employees. The credit union is a part of the community and works to deliver the best member service.
Pros
Rated the Best Place to Work
fun/productive work enviroment
Sr. Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 7, 2017
Great employer. Good salary and benefits. Good work environment and work ethics. Good management styles - no micromanaging going on. They made coming to work fun.
review
Retail Branch Associate (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 7, 2017
Good place to work, but very political. It's definitely not what you know, but who you know.
The branches never had enough coverage. If the teller line was too busy the people on the floor we either unable or unwilling to come help.
They wanted to cut people even though they clearly needed better converage.
They gave more backing to whoever was there longest, depsite who was full time or part time. In that case they catered to the what the part time people wanted then full time filled in. Very backwards system.
benefits
Cons
Not enough coverage yet still wanted to cut people.
Great place to work- a lot of room for advancement inside the company
Financial Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 3, 2016
Great place to work- a lot of room for advancement inside the company. CACU really does have the employees best interst in mind.
Love My Members
Hire it Forward & Retail Branch Associate (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 3, 2016
could use better management. but love my members they are what have kept me here. Good pay but could use better hours to be able to be a mother as well as an employee
Pros
Great ceo
Cons
Helping members reach financial success on a daily basis.
Branch Banking Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOJuly 18, 2016
On a typical day you would spend the majority of your time conducting simple cash transactions. This was an opportunity to discover areas in which a member might benefit from our range of products and services including loans and personal accounts.
Management followed an open door policy however there was limited career path development.
Co-workers would change based on the turn over factor however most everyone I ever worked with were great people. CommunityAmerica really focused on hiring good people by offering competitive pay and excellent benefits. The main downfall would likely be in their retention efforts.
The most enjoyable part of my job has to be the relationships I had formed over the years with co-workers and members.
Pros
401K, health insurance, flexible scheduling, Paid time off
Cons
Hours of operations, working Holidays, Lack of Career Development
Stay away from this company
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 6, 2016
I worked for TrueHomes Solution the sister company for CommunityAmerica Credit Union in Lenexa and overall I have never worked for such a dysfunctional company in my entire career. If I were you I would stay away from this company. They will fire you at random and management really doesn't care for their staff. They are all looking out for themselves. That company is crazy. Seems like I'm a disgrunted employee, I am because what they did was just wrong. No Morals. You've been warned.
Pros
non
Cons
never know when you will be fired.

Comment – July 11, 2016

The person that wrote this review is correct. They hire and then they fire. Bad company to work for.

Productive and Fun
Project Manager/Business Analyst/Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 29, 2016
I really like this organization and feel once could really grow and learn from the IT staff, IS management and business owners
Great Place To Work
Helpdesk Tech/Operations (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 2, 2015
Great place to work with lots of opportunity to grow and develop. Great, civic-minded organization that cares for it's people and takes care of them. Great compensation and benefits.
Goal oriented company
Financial Relationship Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 28, 2014
I'm happy with the company, just not my current position. The company has a great work environment and they are team oriented. They match up to 6% for your 401K contributions, starting frontline positions are usually $13 and $15 an hour. You earn 4.92 hours of PTO each pay period and begin benefits the day you start work. Decent insurance coverage for low bi-weekly amount. They typically promote from within, but usually hire to begin a basic position from outside the company.
Pros
Paid volunteer time, Good benefits, Good pay and PTO begins right away.
Cons
Can have high turnover rates, Long hours sometimes.
Great Company to work for
Branch Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 14, 2013
Working at CommunityAmerica is like working with family. The atmosphere is warm and friendly. The ability for advancement limited due to the size of the company.
Pros
Employee perks like 0% interest loans for employees
Cons
company does not expand fast enough to offer advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CommunityAmerica Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2