CommUnityCare

CommUnityCare Employee Reviews

Great Benefits
RN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, CEO is personable and inspirational

Cons: mgmt is unsupportive and lazy coworkers. there is another review on here that was written 6/2015 and really hits the nail on the head with my experience, unfortunately. I had high hopes for this organization.
Keep Looking!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TexasJune 17, 2015
If you are a nurse please keep looking elsewhere and don't even waste your time here. New graduates won't learn anything at community care; seasoned nurses get disrespected by staff and management (unless you belong to the management/nurse "gang"). Nurses are not valued or respected here. The turnover on nurses is staggering! A typical day at work is doing tasks sent by providers and getting pulled from your unit to work another unit you have no idea about due to all the MA call in's. Management does not support nurses, charge nurses or staff nurses. You will be wrong and blamed for issues before you are given a chance to voice your side. The staff at community care that are respectful and hard working are scant. The hardest part of the job was dealing with lazy co-workers and managers that give you zero support. The most enjoyable part - weekends off, no mandatory overtime and most holidays off. Look elsewhere, this place is not worth it.
Pros
weekends off, no mandatory overtime
Cons
lazy staff, no support from management
Helps the less fortunate
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 28, 2015
Makes an impact in patients needs helping people with limited resources embracing all patients without turning anybody away.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
30 minute lunch
a typical day
Admin employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 23, 2014
the mission is excellent, however, it does not seem to be discussed much on a daily level. Like all companies there are really great people and then others that leave you looking quizzical and scratching your head.....company is going through a lot of changes that seem very good and stabilizing. The roots of the organization are in government and that mentality seems to be very prevalent. It's a slower moving culture and decision making seems to have to be approved at every level of the organization.
Pros
work out area equipped with treadmills, weight-balls, and mat; not fancy but does the job!
Cons
decision making, compensation
Great people to work with and very busy
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 1, 2014
Coordinated special projects and events, office activities and commottee meetings. Maintained calendar, directory, schedules, appointments and meeting rooms for the entire Integris Information Technology Department. Proficiently conducted administrative duties using Microsoft Office. Routinely operated office equipment, such as photocopier, fax machine and a multi-line telephone. Performed daily administrative tasks including expense reports, record maintenance, travel arrangements and planned all company functions.
Pros
fun activities, loved helping all of my it employees with all of their needs.
Cons
being laid off
productive workplace
Certified Medical Assistant/ IT Support (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 19, 2013
enjoyed working for this company. Great company. Busy clinic. Willingness to work in patients on a walk-in basis.
Great company to work for
Supervisor, Project (Health Care Reform) (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 18, 2013
I have worked for CommunityCare for almost 17 years. I work for and with great people. We believe that we are all one big team working toward the same goals.
benefits
Cons
to far from home
PCW (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 16, 2013
Its a great place to work at everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Pros
potluck and lunches
Cons
short breaks
Job from hell
employee (Former Employee) –  austin, txFebruary 2, 2013
No person in their right mind should even consider working for Communitycare! This place treats patients like numbers and animals. The rudeness of employees is so disturbing. This is a dead end place, and such a bad influence for new graduates. I don't know how the government, who is funding this place, does not know or see the everyday drama. I guarantee these clinics would be shut down immediately! Stay away if you know what's good for you!
Cons
everything
Wonderful Learning Experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 30, 2012
a typical day of work was to do the CLIA controls on hcg tests, urinalysis testing controls,Eye wash controls and glucose controls every morning, set up exam rooms and prepare rooms for examinations, check supply of birth control, stock all rooms with supplies, review the schedule for the day.
I learned alot about the following departments: OBGYN,Family Practice & Internal Medicine when they gave me the chance to float
Management was okay, the company was understaffed and had employees constantly floating to different clinics, which was a plus with me for my experience.
I got along with all employees in my department and still do to this day.
The hardest part of my job was when i was far along in my pregnancy things got a little tiring with my daily duties but i would take my breaks and get things done.
The most enjoyable part of my job is how close i got to the physicans and nurse practioners they taught me alot about me being a medical assistant
Pros
got off early once physican schedule and daily duties were completed
Cons
work through lunch
Unrealistic company expectations
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 10, 2012
Typical Day at Work-"Cattle Call" Herd them in-Herd them out
What I've learned-What I can and can not tolerate, Over time, the nature of my work was a complete depature from what was initially agreed upon
Management-Virtually non-exsistent-Overall poor-Note this company has a high turnover rate
Co-workers-Some were great, however too many were poor and some were verbally abrasive
Hardest part of the job-Constant obstacles-poor utilization of schedule, non-exsistent team work by many co-workers, verbally abrasive co-workers
Most enjoyable part of the job-Appreciative Patients
Pros
decent benefit package
Cons
dead end job