Communityworks, LLC Employee Reviews

I liked working at Community Works but they didnt give me enough hours
Case Manager (PT) (Former Employee) –  Overland Park,KSSeptember 13, 2017
I worked at least 4 hours a day. I learned the I was a good Case Manager. Management was good. I enjoyed working with the other employees. The hardest part of the job was making the clients understand our role. I enjoyed getting to know my clients
Pros
Good work place culture
Cons
Not enough work to keep me busy.
Stupid place
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 16, 2017
No good staff except the current director, not good pay , no good schedule and no suport . Keep scrolling people you will be upset the employees dress like they are off the streets they don't care to help the kids they are just there for a paycheck . Don't go there
Pros
No employee vending machine like the main office
Cons
In-home care for person with brain injury
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mission, KSJuly 24, 2017
Go to person's home and assist with daily living skills and making sure client takes medicine
What you learn is when you tell a client the result of what they are about to do will be and they don't listen, as you help them clean up the resulting mess, you become fast friends
The workplace culture is the client's home where you share a remote control and play video games until it is time for the client to do chores
The hardest part of the job is losing the client to an out of town move
The most enjoyable thing is talking with the client about his sports collection and helping to display it so everyone can see it
Pros
Awesome watching client use newly developed skills that you worked on with him or her
Cons
Client can be stubborn about doing daily tasks, schedule was very part time
dangerours
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Norman, OK 73069July 11, 2017
this job was very stressful and demanded a lot of your time. You never knew how the day was going to go with the children. you never had support from those in charge.
Pros
kids
Cons
dangerous
Productive cool place
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langston, OKJune 17, 2017
I loved working here with the staff I had worked with. It was very busy at times and other not so much. The manager was understanding when staff had a personal issue going on and was willing to work with us.
Good place to work for experience with kids
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 20, 2017
I learned that working with children requires a lot of patience. A typical day consisted of tutoring 1-3 student per hour and managing to keep them focused.
Horrible company to work for !
Lead Mail Clerk (Current Employee) –  South Boston, MASeptember 29, 2016
Very little to do each day, not even being challanged from day 1. Management needs a lot of work done to it, they say that they will get back to you asap when you are having an issue then wont get back for days even weeks at a time.
Pros
Cons
Management, follow ups with employees
NURSE AIDE (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 26, 2016
Tacking care of clients in need of help giving meds cooking washing and cleaning bathing ext work hard take good care of the people you care for
warm, productive environment
Visual Arts Instructor (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 25, 2016
A very enjoyable work environment. Great teamwork, positive workers, and great leaderhsip. Job is very laid back, and everything is managed very efficiently.Schedule is manageable and flexible. A wide range of activities for the kids to chose from.
work
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 15, 2016
easy going flexible schedule work.
learn to use a mechanical lift .
just one on one work with the patient
hardest part no one to ask for help on site
Community Works was a very rewarding place
Transitional Living Specialist (TLS) (Former Employee) –  7819 Conser Overland Park, Kansas 66204June 10, 2016
Community Works was a Company that allow people with a TBI fill that there able to live in the Community to seek employment and have lives like anyone else, to gain confidence and to work hard to become successful.. Just being determined and willing to take the next step and there was some great accomplishments that I was able to see.
Pros
Seeing Clients succeed
Cons
There was no guarntee of hours, client driven
Introduction to web designing
Web Page Developer (Former Employee) –  New Market, MDMay 2, 2016
The typical day was enjoyable.

Learned more about the web language HTML.

The management was very good and patient in my understanding the web.

The co-worker were very understanding.

The hardest part was for me leaving the job.

The most enjoyable part was learning HTML.
Pros
Learning HTML
Cons
Have to leave the job.
Good Place to work
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKApril 5, 2016
Clocking in and doing a security around the facility and then start making sure the juveniles start their showers and log in each individuals times as required. After dinner, we made sure that the schedule made by the Director is followed, Start putting different juveniles to bed as dictated by their Level.
Pros
Free supper
Cons
Staff that doesnt follow the same rules.
Youth & family services program assistant
YOUTH & FAMILY SERVICES PROGRAM ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Medford, OregonMarch 29, 2015
Provide data entry for multiple- agency programs, maintain accurate and confidential information, process client records requests, intakes, transcript inquires, client surveys, donations, grant reporting and an active member of the safety committee for the duration of my employment.
Fun place to work for & challange
Transitional Living Specialist (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 2, 2014
My job as a TLS is to help the individual get back to be independent again.
Great company to work for
Behavioral Health Case Manager II (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 1, 2014
Wonderful company, great staff, great compensation, great all around enviroment
A typical day at work thru community works showed me that life isnt always easy.
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 6, 2014
A typical day working with a brain trauma patient is never typical. One day they are willing and the next they possibly forgot everything they learned from the day before. I never really got to interact with my co-workers as we had different shifts. The hardest part of the job is when the client was having a bad day and no matter what I did I couldn't fix it. The most enjoyable part was when the client was having a good day.
Pros
free food, walking and getting to know the clients
Cons
Bad days
worked in home with patients
Lead Patient Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 2, 2013
enjoyed working with patients in the privacy of there own home.
Horrible Mangagement and President
Case Manager  (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJuly 20, 2013
The employees of the company are having difficulty with the change of management and new implementations and communication. The new management is running the agency to the ground and I’m afraid in the next years this agency is going to be history if things don’t turn around. Directors are in positions not suitable for them due to the years with the company this is a bad combo. This agency does not support diversity at all and are very discriminatory against minorities. There is a huge problem with favoritism and acquaintances among peers and upper leadership it creates a very uncooperative job culture atmosphere.
The President, leaders drive every aspect of the business even those that don’t represent their areas of expertise again bad combo.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Upper management poor and very unproffessional very high turn over
Assist others on a daily basis.
Court Advocate-Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORMay 20, 2013
Assisted victims of domestic violence by assesing their immediate and longterm safety concerns. Walked clients step by step from the initial DV report to obtaining a protective order, I also accompanied victims to arraignments and hearings. Explained and interpreted the law process and decisions to victims with language or disability barriers in a clear manner so that they may better understand the possible outcomes. Facilitated mandatory trainings enforced by the court system in order to petition for dismissal of protective order. Conducted meetings with co-workers. Trained and mentored volunteers to ensure their ability to serve our clients properly. Made referrals to partner agencies for further assistance such as food, clothing and housing. Also, when necessary and appropriate, transported clients to safe house. Other dutied inclueded filing, answering and returning phone calls, registering clients for ALT classes, completing client intake and follow up forms. All of which was done in a sensitive and confidential manner.
Pros
Able to assist others.
Cons
Not everybody qualified for assistance. Could be stressful sometimes but great feeling to help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Communityworks, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.