CommutAir Employee Reviews

What a joke.
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJuly 20, 2017
With the help of United Airlines, this company had an opportunity to make a difference in the aviation community. Instead, They are an embarrassment to the field. They know it, and the defeatist leadership does nothing about it.
Pros
Do nothing and it's okay.
Cons
Do everything and it's just okay.
This company is a joke
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHMay 29, 2017
I was training to be a flight attendant and I made it into 3 weeks. I got sent home because they quizzed us on the same night as practicals and they should have given us a break. And I got sent home because I missed by one point. I also didn't receive my full payment when I was told I would and they mailed me back my uniform and I had to mail it back..shouldn't have even had to do that! This company is so unorganized it's not even funny. Having one flight attendant on the plane is a bad idea. Nobody stays with this company. They expect to expand but they end up sending home more people..good luck expanding!! And I was told I had to wait a year to reapply but it wasn't guaranteed I would get back in...it's pathetic that I finished 90% of the training but have to wait a year..yeah there is no future for this company!!
Pros
Great classmates
Cons
Management, poor treatment
exciting
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 30, 2017
Waitress in the sky
Learned the safety of the flight crew and passengers come first
I felt more like my own manager
Stressful but rewarding workplace culture
Hardest part of the job preparing passengers for emergency landing
enjoyable part of the job is landing safely
Pros
Taking off and landing safely
Cons
Being away from home to much
Productive fun place to work.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 11, 2017
If you don't like flying or leaving your family for a long periods of time this is not the job for you. Co workers as the very welcoming supervisors are great they interact with you check in your well being.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No Con
Fast paced and busy
Senior A&P (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 5, 2016
a very fast paced and busy company to work for. Adding more aircraft and people to service them . Great bunch of co-workers and management.
Pros
4, 10 hr days
Cons
feast or famine, either your super busy or your waiting for work
Unorganized, chaotic, abusive - overall bad experience
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHApril 19, 2016
If you plan on accepting an offer, then you may want to reconsider. Salary is low and the benefits are awful. People in the corporate office do not receive any vacation for the first year. Then you get one week after one full year. You eventually get 3 weeks vacation but only after you've been with the company for five years. So you may be able to fly, but you won't really have any vacation to use. Sick days are accrued at a snail's pace. They won't disclose this information to you until you are offered the position so make sure to inquire about it up front. The environment is mixed with really good people and really unethical ones. Unfortunately, the good people have their hands tied when it comes to trying to make change. The environment is overall unhealthy. Turnover is an issue because of it. This company has the mindset of old corporate america. I made a huge mistake taking the job I I was offered and voluntarily left after a very short period of time. If you take a job with this company, then I truly hope that your experience is different. However, the problem truly does start from the top then moves down so I don't see anything changing anytime soon. Good luck.
Pros
Middle management is pretty good, upper management is not.
Cons
Low pay, bad benefits, tumultuous work environment, boys club mentality, unethical approach with private information
Great place for new dispatchers
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 29, 2016
For all new dispatchers looking to get a start in the industry look no further. Absolutely delightful work environment...Chief Dispatcher is extremely knowledgeable and the dispatch team's experience is just another perk for a newbie. I have 0 regrets about choosing Commutair and if anything I feel blessed that they chose me.
Pros
relaxed work environment with a seasoned support group.
Cons
cold cleveland.
Stay Away From Crew Scheduling...
Crew Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 11, 2016
There is no easy way to put this. I've seen a circus performance ran better than this department. The rules change every second to benefit one person and upper management supports these actions 100%. If you decide to work here prepare yourself to be pressured, bullied and intimidated by not only this department head but all other departments too.
Pros
There is nothing good to say about this department, it's the most mismanagement department in the city of Cleveland and I mean the worst I've ever seen.
Cons
Where to begin. The poor individuals working in this department are pressured, bullied and intimidated. Little to no training but expected to perform by day one.
Grreat place to work for
AIRFRAMES AND Power plant Mechanic for DH8 (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 21, 2014
I had a great time working for Commutair and would if they ever come back might work for them again.
great shift,
Aircraft detailer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2014
very good place of employment, weekends were free and benefits are good, management could be a little better but overall it was a good job
A great environment for someone starting their career.
Airline Pilot (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJune 18, 2014
It was a lot of work but never dull and in a short time I learned a great deal.
Great Company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJune 12, 2013
Customer Service Manager
Responsible for ticketing, security screening, ramp procedures,
Cargo and weather reporting for the station
A great small airline to learn and get experience in the airline industry
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 5, 2013
I enjoy the work atmosphere and the people i work with are always willing to help and assist whenever needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CommutAir. Our community is ready to answer.