Provide commercial and industrial equipment repair and maintenance service. Representative equipment includes, but is not limited to construction/landscape equipment service, paint dispensing devices, blind cutting machines, mobility carts, band saws, CNC equipment. Mechanical and electrical repair experience is considered a plus and in some cases may be a requirement. Strong verbal and written communication, problem solving and strong mechanical/electrical skills are required. Must employ safe work practices to limit risk exposure to the customer, the public and self.
To be a highly respected, national leader in the rental, service, and sale of productivity enhancing equipment.
To delight our customers in a manner that is fast, friendly, and fair, while consistently earning an attractive return for our shareholders and above industry average income for our team members. Our employees must exhibit our core values of integrity, professionalism, results, teamwork, hustle and service.
- Service fleet of construction/landscape equipment in multiple tool rental stores in territory
- Service light industrial equipment found in big box retailers
- Service may include emergency, preventative service
- Respond to service calls & arrive on-site within contract time frames
- Display good judgment in investigating and solving problems
- Provide technical support and Troubleshoot and repair various levels of equipment from light industrial machines both mechanically and electrically
- Read and comprehend mechanical prints and electrical and hydraulic schematic
- Use of hand and power tools to assemble, disassemble and repair machines
- Consistently complete daily and weekly paperwork in a timely and accurate manner
- Have own hand tools, small power tools and electrical meter
- Abide by OSHA regulations and safety policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Communicate effectively with customers, supervisor and coworkers
- Maintain spare parts inventory of parts provided by DOC
- Take initiative in looking for ways to reduce costs and increase profits
- Have a “fix-it-right-the-first-time” attitude and work ethic in order to prevent return and warranty trips
- Maintain confidentiality of intellectual property
- Maintaining, trouble shooting, and servicing mechanical & industrial electrical equipment with plc and relay logic controllers.
- Read mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical schematics.
- Computer applications including word processing, excel spreadsheets, inventory control and reporting.
- Prioritize, plan, schedule and perform daily machine repairs.
- Must use sound judgment when dealing with and eliminating safety related issues.
- Must provide daily reports and communicate regularly with store managers, District Service Managers, and the office personnel.
- Perform telephone activities and process paperwork in accordance with policies and procedures
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE SKILL SETS
- PLC knowledge
- Motor and control troubleshooting
- Ability to read and understand schematics
- Ability to work with computers
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to lift up to 80 lbs safely
- 5+ years of experience in machine repair industry
- Compact construction equipment and automobile mechanic experience.
- Small engine maintenance and repair – gasoline and small diesel (50hp)
- Equipment hydraulics
- Experience in machinery calibration
- Ability to climb equipment and work at heights
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Need excellent customer service skills, must be self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Demonstrated mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Basic computer knowledge and skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Daily ability to access a fax or scanner machine
Working conditions may include working in the outdoors on construction/landscape equipment as well as in cold, hot and damp areas. Lifting from the waist, lifting from the shoulder, prolonged standing and repetition of hand and arm movements, working at heights and bending is also a part of working conditions. Must complete a drug screen and the CPS Essential Job Functions Form prior to working.
Indeed - 14 months ago