Companion Care Employee Reviews

Peaceful, Plesent eviornment to work in.
Sitter/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2017
The best part about this job is coming to work knowing that you can make a difference in someone life. Working at this job I learned how to be patient and humble. Being that my work or job is private duty management is not something one would have to worry about. The hardest part of this job is leaving work and not knowing whether or not your patience will be there. The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that you make a difference in someones life.
Pros
Free Lunch/ Flexablity
Cons
healthcare
Companion Care
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 18, 2016
My experience with Companion Care is that they are really efficient and really compassionate about their clients and patients. They run an effective company!
Pros
The hours
Cons
Bad communication
Helping Senior Citzens
Catholic Charities Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  720 N,. LasalleNovember 9, 2016
Didn't really like this job. I enjoyed the clients I received but don't think that this was the field for me. The hardest part is when you clients dies and you've made a connection
Hha
homecare assistant (Former Employee) –  Munster, INAugust 4, 2016
Ok for a small company. They need employee treatment skills. Hire better caregivers who really care. Check backgrounds. Make more employee evaluations.
Pros
Scheduler a nice lady
Cons
Underpaid
It is an okay place to work
Patient Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2016
Basically take care of the patients. They have their individual daily routines. We have to feed, bathe, and clean them. Change their diaper briefs. Take the where they need to go. Give them their medicine. I enjoy my job and be able to see them become more independent.
Pros
help people better themselves.
Cons
no affordable benefits have to use personal car for their leisure activities.
aide to patient
Aide (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SC 29154July 12, 2016
enjoyed learning new things about life and death situations when caring for a disabled person. Learned to deal on a day to day basis with different medical staff, making doctor appointments, running errands such as pharmacy. monitoring vitals on patient. maintaining hygiene on patient.
Pros
conversation
Cons
develop relationship and person dies
Loving Company
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Scottsville, KYApril 24, 2016
This Care company is one of the most family, patient care oriented facilities I have ever seen. They really connect with the employees and the clients. They follow procedure in order to make sure they get the right people with the right families, they are great! My boss was also very loving and helpful, she does a wonderful job!
loved working with my client's
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 19, 2016
I cared for 4 men in their home. ostomy care, feeding through g tubes, medication passes, neurostorms, they were mentally handicapped or physically handicapped.
Pros
Helping people
Director of Sales and Marketing
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Hillsborough, NJFebruary 15, 2016
*Developed strategies to expand market share
*Relationship builder with extensive sales and account management expertise
*Implemented various sales campaigns aimed at increasing revenue and raising brand awareness
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Management and Growth
Private homes
Private Duty Nurse and Companion (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 16, 2015
Many of my assignments were temporary. I enjoyed working with clients and assisting them with their ADL's. I can help with subsidize the physical and occupational therapy so that the patient recovers more quickly. I have also worked briefly with a couple of memory care patients. I am familiar with sundowning and how to redirect the client.
As a Certified Estate Manager, my job is to oversee the household and perform the daily graces. I am good at organizing and motivating staff and any vendors that come on property. I have hired and trained nannies and enjoy children and their schedules of activities.
Many of my HNW clients need help with medication management and I am happy to travel to appointments and for treatment. I enjoy helping and aiding in the recovery process and am great at motivating and encouraging the client.
Home should be a safe haven for my clients and therefore, I will work tirelessly to make that happen.
various assignments with different types of people
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 20, 2015
I enjoyed meeting the clients, taking them to various places and having a personal and professional connections with them. Companion Care is rewarding and challenging.
Pros
I enjoyed meeting different typed of people. The opportunities were many.
Cons
Sometimes the hours were not the same.
fast pace , care of client
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  chester , paOctober 20, 2015
I've learned ways to transferred a client.Management was a open door policy,co-workers was nice.I did not have a hard day at work.
Wonderful company
Personal Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Munster, INSeptember 6, 2015
This company is absolutely wonderful! If you are willing to work hard they will back you up no matter what comes your way. Management makes sure you have all the tools needed to perform your job. They do a great job of preparing you for what you are walking into. Compensation is not the best but it is competative.
Pros
Cons
No benefits
Rewarding job helping a person stay in there home instead of going into a facility
worker (Former Employee) –  Scottsville, KYAugust 26, 2015
Took care of elderly couple in there home. The wife was confined to a wheel chair & husband had dimentia & seizures. You performed light cleaning, laundry, prepared meals, ran errands, make sure medication was taken as doctors prescribed, assist with personal hygiene needs, shopping, any demands couple needed to help them maintain there way of life. With a person with dementia you had to talk them thru confused state of mind because to them they thought it was reall. With staying calm & communicating with them he would come back into reality state of mind. It became demanding at times but rewarding because I knew I was helping them stay in there home where they built a life together & raised there daughter in.
Pros
Learning about a history in time before I was born from people who actually lived it
Cons
Getting attached to wife when she passed on feeling the loss
Perdue and Thomas & Thomas did not have healthcare for their employees than. AT the end of my services with Perdue, you paid for your own.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 27, 2015
You go with a normal day of making sure the job is done right. If needed, the supervisors will work together if short on help. The hardest part of the job is short of help and when a person dies.
Pros
Able to help when needed. Talking to clients.
Cons
Benifits to be shown on jobsites or what company they think will help you with medical care.
No advancement, no set hours
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Munster, INJune 26, 2015
Fantastic co-workers and overall very busy days with the clients. Some of the assigned clients difficult to satisfy. Hardest part of the job is knowing that your are helping the client with their end of life care and eventually lose them. I am seeking a job that is more positive and upbeat!
Pros
Enjoy wearing scrubs.
Cons
No breaks, no set lunch or dinner, no advancement, very depressing atmosphere.
Home Health Aide
Caring Senior Service (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TexasJune 17, 2015
Did mostly in home care for elderly patients including preparing meals and serving them to the clients, hygiene care, and companionship. Office team leads often able to work around schedules. Sometimes required longer stays then originally scheduled for.
Provided loving Care
Senior Companion Care (Former Employee) –  Hasbrocuck Heights NJMarch 4, 2015
I enjoyed taking care of a wonderful woman with Alheizmers, it was more than a job she was more like family to me. I worked for her in her home and assisted her on the weekends.
My basic days with my client on the weekdays and weekends.
Care giver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 7, 2015
On week days, I picked my client up from her day program, took her out to eat, then to a couple stores. We would then just drive around while she listened to my radio or we would go back to her house where she would watch cartoons. On a Saturday, i would arrive at her house in the morning, we would go out for lunch and then to the stores again or to a museum or something fun like that.
I would have to say the hardest part of my job was the repetition. We did the same thing almost every single day that I worked. Over all though, I loved my job. I loved being able to connect with my client and feel like I am making a difference in her life every time I seen her. Leaving this job was extremely hard for me.
Pros
feeling good about myself, making a friend, making a difference
Cons
mentally stressful
great company to work for
Server (Former Employee) –  Scottsville, KYAugust 19, 2014
If I had not moved from Kentucky to Ohio I will still be working for this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Companion Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7