Compass Airlines

Compass Airlines Employer Reviews

Fun and Fast place to work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Eagan, MNMay 23, 2014
Compass is a great place to work. The training is hard and the people you work with become family. A typical day on the job is getting your airplane ready for take off, making sure all your passengers are safe and secure in their seats. As for the people you work with every crew is different, you could be with a group of very nice people who love what – more... they are doing, or you can get a crew that is all about seniority and make the trips you take together very difficult. – less
the people you work with are great
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 28, 2014
Pros: free travel
great people, travel is fun, but you will have no home life. best for a single person who likes to travel a ton.
fun job, great crews
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Minneapolis,MnJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: long commute
4 or more legs a day
long days, could be up 20 hrs without sleep if commuter
learned how to manage my time due to schedules
required a union to deal with management
great flight attendants
no job security, long commute
travel and flight benefits
I loved the Aircraft and crews I flew with but Airline work was not for me.
aircraft, Current Captain (Former Employee), kmspDecember 31, 2013
Pros: the emb 175
Cons: the airline industry is not what it used to be at all!
I was a reserve Captain for three years based at KMSP. Each day at work was a 15 hour standby, with 2 hour call out. For the 15 hour standby you received 3.5 hours of pay. I flew all over the United States and Canada. Compass flew into all the major airports in the US and Canada. Flying the aircraft and the crews were the best part of the job. I do – more... not want to fly for the airlines at all anymore. I only received 6 to7 days off a month because of the commute to KMSP. – less
Good Company
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 25, 2013
Pros: travel the world
Cons: away from home a lot.
Compass Airlines was a great company to work for it was a dream come true for me to fulfill this opportunity. I met a lot of great people along the way and they had a wonderful inflight training program. I just needed a change of pace with being out of the state so much.
Like flying as part of the flight crew Clean and fun airline to be a flight attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJanuary 21, 2013
Working here, you get to see many places that are fun and exciting to spend layovers at.
Poor Manage in the Inflight Department
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Based in MinneapolisJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: 0
Cons: poor pay, bad management
This is one of the very worst companies to work for! They look at you as a flight attendant as only a number! They only care about the passenger rating " being number 1 in customer service". Forget you are even human. You better abide completely by company rules but they don't ! You are at-will and that's it! It's owned by Transstate Airline and if – more... you look them up you will get more information!
Also you think you and your family get flying passes, only you and one other person. No buddy passes. – less

CJay – January 26, 2013

Completely agree with this, as far as Inflight Services goes. Management is incompetent & does not have enough relevant experience to be in such significant positions. Corporate Inflight is incompetent, as well, neglecting to provide a proper manual for safe & effective operations. Inflight Training department lacks experience from the top on down. Training facilities are elementary at best, without adequate simulations & materials. Overall, the Inflight Department is a group of boobs run by boobs, with few a few exceptions to the rule. Human Resources was quite indiscriminate during initial years, hiring many unqualified candidates with questionable mental capacities relevant to the nature of a job requiring stability & team-building/crm skills. If you're looking to fly for a regional, my advice is to apply with a well-established carrier which has longevity beyond 20 years or fly mainline. Any success of this airline is due to the select few who are skilled, stable, & safe.

Fun environment
Flight Attendant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 4, 2012
Pros: meeting people.
Cons: spending short nights in a different hotel everynight.
Ensuring the safety of the passenger. The job was harder than I expected. Management was engaged and excited about their jobs. All the coworkers were professional and pleasant. The hardest part was being on call, sometimes for days at a time. The most enjoyable would meeting and talking to people.
Good place for experienced dispatchers to work
Airline Dispatcher (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: very competent fellow dispatchers and occ personnel, fun to work with
Cons: low pay, continually decreasing benefits
The job itself is similar to most other regional airline dispatch jobs. Would be a difficult first dispatch job as there is not much of a training program for dispatchers. However, the OCC manager and other dispatchers, crew schedulers, and maintenance controllers were some of the most competent and professional people I have worked with in the industry.