Compass Airlines Employee Reviews in United States

Nice culture, below average management
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 25, 2016
The culture is excellent, but, at least in IT, the management is less-than-average, and with little opportunity for advancement. Culture includes an excellent Employee Appreciation Week, and the Compass level upper management was accessible, although that was not generally true of the holding company level upper management.
Pros
Excellent culture
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement, at least in IT
Overall Haul of management
Flight Attendant, Inflight Administration (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA LAXApril 29, 2016
Becoming a Flight Attendant was a dream come true living in LA and based at LAX. During training I saw the true colors of Compass and their so called management structure.

Management theme is intimidation, Supervisors are totally unprofessional. Flight attendants not qualified to fly, the list goes on and on.

Trying to fly non-rev solo is difficult enough, but trying to fly with another person is always challenging.

Not everyone is treated fairly, but it falls on deaf ears with management.
Pros
Your friends in Training become your family
Cons
New management team
Fun job, great benefits, terrible pay
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2016
Different schedule every month, on the road and staying in hotels about 15 days a month... some trips will have you waking up at 4am regardless of the time zone and some will give you an 11am or 2:15pm showtime. If you enjoy an ever changing schedule in which you are working with someone new pretty much every trip, can get along with different personalities but can also work well on your own, you will love this job. You must be extremely dependable, and if you didn't get enough sleep, or just had a fight with your boyfriend, you still need to show up on time and on point and put on a smile and focus. Situational awareness is extremely important.
Pros
Great benefits, not in an office, flexible schedule, no day is ever the same
Cons
Terrible, terrible pay
Unorganized and misleading information to new flight attendants
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 3, 2016
If I were to seek employment again as a flight attendant it would not be here. Pay is the lowest of any airline. You are on Reserve for a very lengthy time.
Pros
Travel Benefits!
Cons
Pay, Management is unorganized
Amazing Coworkers Made the Hostile Management Tolerable
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 27, 2015
Typical Flight Attendant position, but the management at the time was extremely hostile to the work group. An avalanche of lawsuits do to unethical firings can attest to just how hostile management had become. Corporate has apparently completely cleaned house of those terrible managers and it has apparently became much better.
Pros
Amazing Coworkers, Travel Benefits, Heathcare
Cons
Hostile Management
Overview of the workplace
Administrator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 29, 2015
It's a fun work place with great people. There is opportunities for some people to advance but not me. You have to have your A&P license to make advancements.
Don't expect to live off this income
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 28, 2015
The pay is extremely low. The company is new and rapidly expanding, but they seem to be hiring anyone. Having the title of "flight attendant" isn't what it's cracked up to be. Extremely disappointed with the salary!
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
The Pay!
If being a flight attendant had been your dream, you will not find it at Compass
flight attendant (Current Employee) –  Los AngelesAugust 31, 2015
As a flight attendant we have a big responsibility of safety for the passengers. We are responsible to the FAA, the company and the passengers, we are trained properly and know our job. But the problem is, this company DOES NOT SUPPORT us in this role. We are pit against passengers who refuse to adhere to what we as flight attendants must do. If a passenger complains, the flight atttendant will be held accountable even if the passenger is wrong. Heres the insanity...the company holds us to very strict safety rules and if we dont do them we are in Big Trouble...now keep in mind..if a passenger complains about what or how we delivered that message...your job is in jeapordy...Makes no sense. The inflight management is new, they cant keep anyone. They are a joke really....a big joke. They will stab you in the back quicker than you can ask why!!!. As a women this company does not support us..management is against you. They find reasons to fire you. They are demeaning, degrading, hostile, and expect us to be take the passengers abuse. This is the lowest paid regional around. If you live in Calif or plan to relocate here...you will not survive. At 17.40 and hour. (starting) ..75 hrs a month...not every two weeks...75 hrs a month thats 1305.00 a month. Which is below the poverity line in calif. You would qualify for food stamps and med-ical. You cannot survive in Calif making that salary. Dont waste your time, there are to many other airlines hiring right now. This company is owned by a foreign gentleman, his take is he'd rather keep firing flight attendants who are making more  more... than 25.00 an hour, and keep hiring new flight attendants who are making 17.40. Training is very expensive for companies, but he does not care So this is not the company you will retire in, or have longevity. The corporate office is in Minneapolis, they are not used to working with African-American. No diversity from upper management on down. In training they use this dumb personality assessment to label you. To determine how a person will get along with people. They label a North, south, east, west, and that follows you for your career at Compaass, where managment uses it against you. I feel devalued, in fear of my job, you are set up to fail.  less
Pros
11-18 days off a month
Cons
management will sabotage your career
Lots of Opportunities
Pilot Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 16, 2015
Back when this company flew for Continental airlines it was a great company to go to be able to move around. Lots of opportunities to do other things.
Worst company you could work for!
Line Maintenance (Former Employee) –  LAXAugust 4, 2015
I learned from this company after having 16 years is the Airlines, they have no idea on how to run a base. Management will throw you under the bus, and could care less about you. You maybe not believe me, but you really don't want to try it out just take my word!!!
Pros
Cons
Management could care less
Fun and exciting job.
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIMarch 12, 2015
The job is fun. I get to work with new people and fly to different cities daily. The job is customer service driven and I enjoy being of service to the general public. The hardest part of the job is being away from home four to five days at a time.
The Compass Airline Detroit base is closing June 1, 2015. I'm sorry I have to leave the position all the good people I work with.
Pros
free travel
Cons
being away from home extended periods of time.
Flying high
FLIGHT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 1, 2015
Your are always flying to new destinations, meeting new people and crew members. This is a benefit that any flight attendant will tell you makes the job great. Missing holidays can be hard but your family will adjust too. You learn to rely on your airline family because every one has gone through the steps you are going through. It's an amazing career.
benefits
Cons
missing holidays
On call 24/7, Great experience
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 25, 2014
Crew scheduling would call you two hours before you had to be at the airport. We would fly for four days making various stops. We would get to spend the night and explore different places, which was awesome. The traveling that came with the job was great, however being on call all of the time was very hard to deal with. I never had a problem with my co-workers, they are different every time I flew but they were always great. The hardest part of the job was definitely the unknown hours and being on call. The most enjoyable part of the job was flying all over the world and meeting different people everyday.
Pros
free travel
Cons
spontaneous hours, no down time
Fun and Fast place to work
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 23, 2014
Compass is a great place to work. The training is hard and the people you work with become family. A typical day on the job is getting your airplane ready for take off, making sure all your passengers are safe and secure in their seats. As for the people you work with every crew is different, you could be with a group of very nice people who love what they are doing, or you can get a crew that is all about seniority and make the trips you take together very difficult.
the people you work with are great
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 28, 2014
great people, travel is fun, but you will have no home life. best for a single person who likes to travel a ton.
Pros
free travel
fun job, great crews
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis,MnJanuary 27, 2014
4 or more legs a day
long days, could be up 20 hrs without sleep if commuter
learned how to manage my time due to schedules
required a union to deal with management
great flight attendants
no job security, long commute
travel and flight benefits
Pros
travel
Cons
long commute
I loved the Aircraft and crews I flew with but Airline work was not for me.
aircraft, Current Captain (Former Employee) –  kmspDecember 31, 2013
I was a reserve Captain for three years based at KMSP. Each day at work was a 15 hour standby, with 2 hour call out. For the 15 hour standby you received 3.5 hours of pay. I flew all over the United States and Canada. Compass flew into all the major airports in the US and Canada. Flying the aircraft and the crews were the best part of the job. I do not want to fly for the airlines at all anymore. I only received 6 to7 days off a month because of the commute to KMSP.
Pros
the emb 175
Cons
the airline industry is not what it used to be at all!
Good Company
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 25, 2013
Compass Airlines was a great company to work for it was a dream come true for me to fulfill this opportunity. I met a lot of great people along the way and they had a wonderful inflight training program. I just needed a change of pace with being out of the state so much.
Pros
travel the world
Cons
away from home a lot.
Like flying as part of the flight crew Clean and fun airline to be a flight attendant
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 21, 2013
Working here, you get to see many places that are fun and exciting to spend layovers at.
Poor Manage in the Inflight Department
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) –  Based in MinneapolisJanuary 10, 2013
This is one of the very worst companies to work for! They look at you as a flight attendant as only a number! They only care about the passenger rating " being number 1 in customer service". Forget you are even human. You better abide completely by company rules but they don't ! You are at-will and that's it! It's owned by Transstate Airline and if you look them up you will get more information!
Also you think you and your family get flying passes, only you and one other person. No buddy passes.
Pros
Cons
poor pay, bad management

2.9