Compass Bank Employee Reviews

The work experience was fine
Alternative Banking Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 1, 2016
Worked experience was fine. Worked there for more than 12 years. My job was outsourced and moved to Texas. I enjoyed working with coworkers and the office experience was good. Location convenient. .
na
Universal Banker/ Sales and Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 28, 2016
constant change of guidelines goal and focus. Constant adjustments to incentives. I enjoy the clients and I have learned a variety of skills
Not the best place to work
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 26, 2016
At every job you have good and not so good employees. The hard working employees get overlooked. At BBVA its who you know not what you know.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
Insurance is costly, promotions are rare.
Old and out of date
Sales & Service Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 13, 2016
Do not even waste your time. Systems constantly go down, management is clueless, and there is no such thing as opportunities for career advancement.
Decent Company
Sales and Service Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJanuary 8, 2016
Ok Company to work for. Good Salary and growing company. Atmosphere and environment is less than desirable. Lots of turnover in this district.
The Banker Life
Sr. Branch Associate/ Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 31, 2015
I enjoyed the face to face interaction with the public and enjoyed all my job responsibilities. I enjoyed my team and the other employees I met along the way as well.
Pros
competitive
Cons
management was not very organized
Overly complex workplace
teller (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CADecember 30, 2015
700 branches nationwide. Parent company in Spain. 100,000 employees worldwide. In 30 different countries. Free checking, online banking. Good credit cards.
Pros
Wonderful Co-workers
Cons
Healthcare
Awesome
Senior Financial Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 26, 2015
would recommend to anyone, decent pay, good work/personal life balance, awesome leadership. everything always was smooth
Fiancial Group
FINANCIAL SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 22, 2015
This position is a moderate to average goal for a business professional.

The benefits and bonuses are a great conclusion into success; however, it is important to keep up with providing quality customer service.
Vice President - Business Banking (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 1, 2015
Responsible for generating sales for BBVA Compass Business Banking Group. Products included both credit and non-credit banking products. Focused on small businesses ($1MM - $25MM) to provide working capital, real estate financing, equipment loans, SBA, etc. Sales objectives are achieved through obtaining appointments with qualified prospects by utilizing a variety of marketing and sales techniques including, cold calling, networking, direct marketing, & referrals. Assessed, profiled, and analyzed small businesses and business owners’ financial needs and proposed customized packages of financial products and services. Analyzed, structured, underwrote, priced, and negotiated credit requests based on risk and value of the relationship basis.

Specializing in: Commercial real estate loans, business equipment financing, SBA lending, medical and dental practice financing, investment properties
Great company to work for
Sr. Financial Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXNovember 28, 2015
I have no complaints about this company, except for their salary with no exceptions to their rules even if you are a top producer.
Pros
enviroment
Cons
pay
Great people overall company has opportunity
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 19, 2015
-little opportunity for advancement
-slow at the corporate office end getting things done in a timely manner, i.e.-loan approvals
-great brand staff
-weekend hours were not conducive to work life balance but part of the job
Great entry level customer service position
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 11, 2015
This is a great place to find entry level customer service experience out of college. There is great opportunity to learn about the banking industry as well.
Okay job if you are okay with never moving up and never getting help
Senior branch teller (Former Employee) –  Loveland coloradoOctober 26, 2015
To start they don't really train you they don't care if you don't know what your doing with regulations or policies as long as you can count money. You will never move up from a teller position that is a life position at BBVA compass. For starting wages they are super low compared to other banks and then if you ask for a raise after a good amount of time, I was there for a year and asked for a raise to compete with another job offer and they told me I could wait another 6 months for a 10 cent raise.... they don't care if you have personal stuff going on ex: my grandfather died and they weren't going to let me go to the funeral with 2 weeks notice. They don't care what you need they look for the most desperate people and exploit them until one of two things happens you quit or they fire you. I worked there through 3 people quitting and helped many other branch because of the huge turn around rate and no one ever cared to help if I was sick. I always had to go in. I left by choice in the end found a way better job in Fort Collins may be a further drive but it's worth it for the happiness and peace of mind. You don't realize how toxic it is at BBVA Compass until it's too late or you leave. If you get a job here beware of everyone and everything. The benifits are not worth the mental abuse you will put up with.
Pros
Maybe the fact that you don't have to follow regulations if your a shady character
Fun and Productive Work Environment
Sales & Service Advisor/ Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 20, 2015
I am just starting out; however, the training is easy and common sense driven. It is easy to understand and fun. The pay is excellent and the overall staff is inviting. I enjoy the customers. Can't wait to jump in there and start opening accounts.
Pros
Fun Staff
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Quality Assurance
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 7, 2015
An awesome place to work that was always involved in actives for employees. Bonus, flexible schedule awesome supervisor who was very understanding and encourage us to grow with the company. Always looking for ways to improve and assist agents in doing their best with customers.
Pros
flexible schedule, paid holidays, bonus, vaction time, Monday thru Friday
Cons
Distance and pay
Employees were good to work with.
DTC Payment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 7, 2015
The work was mainly manual. As the number of employees decreased the workload was spread among those remaining with no expected drop off in delivery.
Loved it here!
Teller/ATM Custodian (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZSeptember 29, 2015
The work was slightly slower than what I'm used to. However, the staff was so helpful and kind. A teller handles cash transactions, paid credit card bills, suggestively sold products, and balanced the cash each night. The ATM custodian, would solely handle the cash balancing of the ATM, adding cash when needed and passing audits associated with the responsibility. The hardest part of the job were the sales, but the supervisor was an amazing motivator and helped to reach goals.
Pros
Great hours, holidays, sick pay, vacation, the staff.
BBVA
Teller/Operations (Current Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 28, 2015
My experience at BBVA was great. I learned and done a lot more than I should have. It was an amazing opportunity. I built a lot of great relationships with the staff and clients
Pros
Customers
Terrible place to work
Assistant branch manager/ associate manager (Former Employee) –  Athens/ Decatur AlabamaSeptember 17, 2015
Terrible management! And employees did as they pleased no one held responsible. Worked there for 10 years then one day boom your job position is eliminated... That told me exactly what my many years with the company meant to them! Nothing your just a body everyone is replaceable!
Pros
Hours
Cons
no work/life balance at all