Compass Bank

Compass Bank Employee Reviews

Good
Correspondent Banking (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 20, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: not much flexibility
Daily support of Treasury Management clients, training clients on our suite of products. Setting new clients up on the online system. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking and helping clients. Hardest part of job was lack of flexibility. Great co-workers.
Great Experience
Teller (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXMay 20, 2015
Was able to learn from senior tellers other ways to sell products to customers. Best part of the job was being able to interact with customers from out of town. Co-workers were friendly and helpful when their help was needed.
VPN Avalialble
Full Charge Senior PM (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 20, 2015
Pros: VPN, Free Coffee
Cons: Horrible Parking
Very laid back environment,
Company is changing to be more like Google. \
Normal Banking hours 8-5
Open Office environment
Modern Futuristic furniture-telephone chairs
Most of he day is spent on the phone for conference calls
few in person meetings
Productive and fun place to work
Sales and Service Advisor (Current Employee), Decatur, ALMay 19, 2015
A typical day at work is working with great people. I have learned a lot of patience and excellent customer service. Management is great. I love my coworkers. The hardest part of the job is the stress of meeting the goals.
Provided a Great Opportunity!
Vice President/Team Lead/Senior Underwriter (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 14, 2015
I appreciate the opportunity I had. The company provided great work life balance. My co-workers were great and the leadership was overall strong and I enjoyed working at Compass.
Opportunity to work in different area of banking
Teller (Former Employee), Kountze, TXMay 6, 2015
This job gave me an opportunity to work in a different side of the banking industry. I was able to work directly with the customers instead of being behind the scenes. It also allowed me to further expand my banking experience.
Challenging workplace with an emphasis on diversity and community developement
Consumer Assets Team Lead (Current Employee), Tempe, AZMay 6, 2015
Pros: Challenging environment that supports growth
Cons: Training support for growth needs development
BBVA has challenged my current skill set and prepared me for a more demanding role. I am looking forward to adapting to a new environment and to new growth opportunities.
Productive work environment with room to advance
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 5, 2015
Pros: Charity Volunteer opportunities
Employed as Manager II over statements/documentation from 2002 -2015.
Daily duties included daily running of reports. Handling corporate, branches and bank clients. Managing subordinates daily job functions.
Monthly statement data processing and mailing and meeting goals.
Enjoyed the staff and charity volunteer opportunities awarded by BBVA Compass.
Fast growing bank
Associate Personal Investment Officer (Former Employee), Huntsville, TXMay 2, 2015
Compass is a great bank. They're pushing the boundaries of banking service and technology. They look after their employees, and are pretty flexible. Compensation is a bit on the low side for the industry, but overall, it's a good company for which to work.
very organized
Branch Retail Executive III (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 23, 2015
Managed all aspects of the banking center including managing the tellers, sales personnel, regulations and operations of the banking center.
It gave me longevity.
SBA Processor/ BLC Processor Team Lead (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 23, 2015
Compass Bank was the place for me to learn and grown in the banking industry. I went from starting in data entry to moving my way up to senior loan processor. This career gave me the knowledge to continue to strive for the top and continue to excel.
BBVA Compass
Senior Branch Associate (Former Employee), Northglenn, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: Close to home, learned alot about financing, opperations, and cross selling.
Cons: Management and no advancement.
Good job I would have stayed if opportunity was there to advance, better management, and better pay.
I was awesome at the job I loved my customers but I would not go back to this company.
Great Place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXApril 10, 2015
Pros: Fun, constant changes, customers
Cons: Security became a concern
I traveled to different properties and it was fun to see all of the different apartments their were to chose from. Had a fabulous time showing people different units and seeing how they would decorate them. I was also able to advance in their role over time.
Stable company with good benefits
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 3, 2015
Pros: Benefits and vacation
Cons: slim opportunites for growth.
BBVA is a great place to work but I want to venture out from my
comfort zone at BBVA and see what other organizations may have to offer me that would be better for my growth within their company.
Center with large number of employees and advancement opportunities. Incentives.
Sr. Dispute Claims Clerk (Former Employee), Decatur, ALApril 1, 2015
Pros: Large amount of new and interesting people and co-workers to meet, 13 yrs on job, supportive and friendly enviroment
Cons: Commute time to and from work of 45 minutes each way for long time
Work experience and training received with this organization highly appreciative. Offered job advancement with supportive and knowledgeable management team. Provided with additional training courses to further job experience in areas such as customer service, client building and relationships. Won 4 international VISA awards for dispute processing.
Extremely productive workplace; co-worker like family;
Consumer Assets Processor - Mortgage Banking (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaMarch 30, 2015
Typical day at work: processing loans, contacting borrowers, loan officers, title companies and closing agents, homeowner's insurance agent; validating assets, income, address etc to prepare loan for underwriting; request & gather conditions for final approval, prepare loans for closing.

Follow up on loans in process with the borrowers & loan officer. The hardest part of the job, trying to customer satisfaction for everyone: internal & external. The most enjoyable part of my job, borrowers closing on there home....obtaining the American Dream.
Promotion to Dataops
Merchant Service Rep (Former Employee), Decatur, ALMarch 29, 2015
Pros: people i worked with
Cons: no longer working there
Worked 9-5 Monday - Friday. Assisted in building credit information that would be uploaded into the proper terminal and shipped to the customer. I ran daily reports that and logged cancellation of merchant accounts and set them to deactivate, collecting any cancellation fee as needed.
Financial provider with international presence
VP, Lead Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 25, 2015
BBVA Compass is a bank with presence in seven states in US and major international presence. The BBVA Group is based in Madrid, Spain.
Good Job
Associate Manager (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXMarch 25, 2015
Overall, the company is good to work for. Most of the people are good at what they do, and I have learned a lot in many aspects of the job, but also general life skills. I work for a great manager who supports me, but the compensation for seasoned employees is not what it should be. New hires come in, sometimes without experience, and will make more than a seasoned veteran in the same job family. Benefits are decent though.
productive and enjoyable job.
Wire transfer Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: non
Wire transfer was always a busy day. From Customer service via telephone to wire transfer requests, wire investigations, fraudulent investigations, complaints and resolving customer issues. This job was very interesting and rewarding. I managed wire investigations team and monitored staff in order to meet deadlines and SLA.

1 2 3 4 5

About Compass Bank

The needle of this Compass points south. Compass Bancshares is the holding company for Compass Bank, which does business as BBVA – Read more

Compass Bank Salaries