Compass Bank

Compass Bank Employer Reviews

Compass became a different company once it was purchased.
Assistant Branch Manager IV (Former Employee), Leeds, ALAugust 14, 2014
Pros: location
Before Compass was purchased by BBVA, it was a great company to work for and had many opportunities for advancement. I enjoyed the versatility and challenges of my job. My co-workers were like famly. Once Compass was purchased the entire atmosphere changed.
This was an interesting position getting to know employees and families
Operations Coordinator II Appraisal Mortgage (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 14, 2014
Pros: large base
Cons: only 2 employees in location
The Credit Union was a service to assist Birmingham News Employees and their families. they were offered all types of convinent products
FSA
Financial Sales Advisor (Current Employee), JacksonvilleAugust 8, 2014
I give great customer service, analysis of spreadsheets, and proccess data.
Not too great of a place to work
Financial Sales Advisor (Current Employee), DFW areaAugust 6, 2014
Pros: i'm still trying to figure this one out
Cons: low morale, huge turnover in district constantly, management, no back office support on systems, over marketing customers
Not too great of a sales culture... you are forced to pitch every single customer that walks into branch on credit cards, mortgage, loans, etc..all day long! to the point that customers are sick and tired of it, reverting back to drive-through... Over marketing customers is the way of life here. District Manger not caring about anyone underneath him, – more... brings down morale for district. Yes TG, i'm talking about you. Looks at everyone as replaceable. Low pay and being put on the treadmill of all bank products with low commissions is the norm.

Overall not a great experience – less
OUTSTANDING COMPANY VERY POSITIVE BUSINESS
Item Processing Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2014
Pros: always look forward to work.
Cons: department closed
Learning Environment, Positive Business, Very Professional, Love my job.
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 31, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: promotions
I enjoyed the structure and the environment. I learned customer service is a must. The hardest part of my job was to tell people no.
fast paced environment
Teller (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 30, 2014
Cash Handling transactions- withdraws,depositing and cashing checks.
Impossible sales goals
Retail Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Green Valley, AZJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, work hours
Cons: badly designed software, system crashes every 5 minutes, management is not well trained
When I first started with the company it seemed like the company really cared about employees and customers. The company started hiring leaders from Chase and that is when it changed. Expect to see lots of micro-management, role play, and numerous conference calls. Their training is really bad, expect to be trained online, and by reading a book.The – more... company has great products but their technology is the worst I have ever seen. ATM's don't work all the time and expect to have several system crashes while opening an account. Base salary is competitive but goals are impossible to meet. Everyone in the company knows goals are impossible but they still pressure you and stress you constantly to the point of making you feel sick and not wanting to go to work. Commissions are paid every three months and are very low compared to other banks. I love what I do, but it is impossible to work for a company that doesn't care of its employees and clients. We were forced to open $25 checking accounts even if the client didn't really need them. Company is borderline unethical. – less
Great atmoshpere, fun place
Teller (Former Employee), Thornton, COJuly 29, 2014
Great place, small vibe, so very personal and intimate. Overall, I would work for them again, just maybe a little more extensive training both online and much more ON HANDS.
Very good place to work. It was so small that we were all just a big family.
Sr. Systems Programmer (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 24, 2014
It was fun at the time to be a manager. We had about 22,000 mortgagors that we serviced loans for and my experience was in Mortgage Collections for seven years.
Management staff is good to work for
Operations II Departmental Manager Records Mgmnt (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlJuly 23, 2014
BBVA Compass has a good family understanding environment. They put a lot of effort in understanding Family and work balance.
Whats more important than a helping hand to reach a goal
Financial Advisor II (Current Employee), Arlngton, TexasJuly 10, 2014
Pros: watching the customer reach her goal with help
Cons: short lunches, when ever i get a chance to sit to eat
A typical day at work includes completing customer contacts and loan assignments located within my work list. I review and analyze their financial priorities using customer information, including checking and savings accounts and employment details. There is much associate engagement within my department. We work together creating a friendly and motivating – more... environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers achieve their goals of sustaining a good foundation with their finances and have opportunity for homeownership or other goals they would like to obtain in the future. – less
Good Start
Bank Teller (Former Employee), FloridaJuly 10, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no growth
This is a good place to learn and sharpen customer service skills. Management was somewhat bias and played favorites with employees.
Great Company
Branch Asst Manager & Sr. Financial Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Del Rio, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: salary is not great...little chances of promotion
Great company but very little chance of advancement and salary increase. The hours are great, pay not so much.
An okay place to work
Assistant Branch Manager/Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), ALJuly 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: inadequate branch staffing
If you start at the bottom, there is opportunity for advancement to a point. After that, you either stay in the position you are in or look for advancement elsewhere. Once you've been there a while you will start to notice in certain positions that they will hire others from outside the company into your job position at a higher salary than you are – more... making. A lot of the time, these new hires will have less experience than you have as well. Also raises are typically very small, normally 1% of base salary or less per year, depending on job performance. Benefits package is good, vacation time is average, staffing is not adequate in branches. – less
Good company
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Hebron, TXJuly 8, 2014
BofA is a good company to work for and I enjoyed my time there.
Great Place to Work
Consumer Asset Processor III (Current Employee), Homewood, ALJuly 8, 2014
Great company to work for as a whole. High stress daily environment in order to meet deadlines and a passing quality assurance rate in the meantime. Supporting co-workers and managers.
moderatley paced
Services Deposit Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 7, 2014
Pros: early hours
Cons: management
Management was very unprofessional and there were obvious signs of unfair practices and inconsistencies in treatment of employees
Productive and Great Opportunities
Branch Associate (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 3, 2014
Typically work day consist of opening and closing procedures and working inside of the assigned delegated authorities while helping each customer sufficiently and diligently and uncovering their banking needs. Co workers are great to work with very helpful when needed and management is very proficient.
bad
Senior Finanical Sales Advisor (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 2, 2014
a lot of extra work! not enough time in day to get everything done

1 2 3 4 5

About Compass Bank

The needle of this Compass points south. Compass Bancshares is the holding company for Compass Bank, which does business as BBVA – Read more