Compass Bank

Compass Bank Employer Reviews

Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: great break rooms
Cons: need more coffee in the breakrooms
Everyone is friendly, a really fun environment, no stress.
Overall good place to work.
Release Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALSeptember 9, 2014
On a typical day I monitored deployment requests, managed required documentation, built the deployment steps into the Release Implementation plan and distributed deployment worksheets. Then on implementation nights I would lead and document the deployment tasks via bridge line.

I had the opportunity to broaden my Change/Configuration Management skills, – more... add Release Management .

Like any company, there are good managers and others.

My co-workers were all very dedicated and capable.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with the late "churn" of decisions being made to add, change or remove deployment components on the implementation plan. Focus and patience were required to manage it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was announcing "that concludes this implementation" after all deployments were successful. – less
It's a job
Teller (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: meeting some nice coworkers
Cons: no comment
It's a job. I wish there was more that I could say about this company but the fact is it's just a job.
Structured but could use work.
Mortgage Loan Consumer Asset Specialist (Current Employee), Tempe, ArizonaAugust 26, 2014
This is a very relaxed place to work. It definitely promotes teamwork, but having combined open workspaces for all employees. Advancement is limited. There is a lot of passing of responsibilities within the hierarchy of managers and team leads.
stable with a global focus
Manager, Research and Customer Insight (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 26, 2014
Pros: global resources
Cons: top down management style
Great people, good benefits, self paced skill learning style, cascade communication process.
Great experience
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXAugust 24, 2014
Cons: too many robberies unprotected by upper management
great job!... Management is pretty inexperience. Due to my previous management experience I found myself tutoring my managers on coaching and training.
Respect
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 23, 2014
Pros: liberty to do your job.
Cons: all good.
Had different buildings to go to, Checked for work orders. Walked all properties and corrected any problems. My day started at 7:AM ended at 3:30. Management was the best part of the job there was mutual respect for what I did. Co-workers were great. I learned that the respect shown was the best Asset.
I love my Co- Workers
Financial Sales Rep (Current Employee), Athens, ALAugust 19, 2014
I love meeting new people, and enjoy being able to help the customers in a time of need. I also strive for success in my job field. The hardest part of my job is when we are very short handed do to the lay off going on in this work place. I have learned a lot about everyday banking by being employed for this company. They have also helped me grow tremendously.
Compass became a different company once it was purchased.
Assistant Branch Manager IV (Former Employee), Leeds, ALAugust 14, 2014
Pros: location
Before Compass was purchased by BBVA, it was a great company to work for and had many opportunities for advancement. I enjoyed the versatility and challenges of my job. My co-workers were like famly. Once Compass was purchased the entire atmosphere changed.
This was an interesting position getting to know employees and families
Operations Coordinator II Appraisal Mortgage (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 14, 2014
Pros: large base
Cons: only 2 employees in location
The Credit Union was a service to assist Birmingham News Employees and their families. they were offered all types of convinent products
FSA
Financial Sales Advisor (Current Employee), JacksonvilleAugust 8, 2014
I give great customer service, analysis of spreadsheets, and proccess data.
Not too great of a place to work
Financial Sales Advisor (Current Employee), DFW areaAugust 6, 2014
Pros: i'm still trying to figure this one out
Cons: low morale, huge turnover in district constantly, management, no back office support on systems, over marketing customers
Not too great of a sales culture... you are forced to pitch every single customer that walks into branch on credit cards, mortgage, loans, etc..all day long! to the point that customers are sick and tired of it, reverting back to drive-through... Over marketing customers is the way of life here. District Manger not caring about anyone underneath him, – more... brings down morale for district. Yes TG, i'm talking about you. Looks at everyone as replaceable. Low pay and being put on the treadmill of all bank products with low commissions is the norm.

Overall not a great experience – less
OUTSTANDING COMPANY VERY POSITIVE BUSINESS
Item Processing Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 31, 2014
Pros: always look forward to work.
Cons: department closed
Learning Environment, Positive Business, Very Professional, Love my job.
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 31, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: promotions
I enjoyed the structure and the environment. I learned customer service is a must. The hardest part of my job was to tell people no.
fast paced environment
Teller (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 30, 2014
Cash Handling transactions- withdraws,depositing and cashing checks.
Impossible sales goals
Retail Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Green Valley, AZJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, work hours
Cons: badly designed software, system crashes every 5 minutes, management is not well trained
When I first started with the company it seemed like the company really cared about employees and customers. The company started hiring leaders from Chase and that is when it changed. Expect to see lots of micro-management, role play, and numerous conference calls. Their training is really bad, expect to be trained online, and by reading a book.The – more... company has great products but their technology is the worst I have ever seen. ATM's don't work all the time and expect to have several system crashes while opening an account. Base salary is competitive but goals are impossible to meet. Everyone in the company knows goals are impossible but they still pressure you and stress you constantly to the point of making you feel sick and not wanting to go to work. Commissions are paid every three months and are very low compared to other banks. I love what I do, but it is impossible to work for a company that doesn't care of its employees and clients. We were forced to open $25 checking accounts even if the client didn't really need them. Company is borderline unethical. – less
Great atmoshpere, fun place
Teller (Former Employee), Thornton, COJuly 29, 2014
Great place, small vibe, so very personal and intimate. Overall, I would work for them again, just maybe a little more extensive training both online and much more ON HANDS.
Very good place to work. It was so small that we were all just a big family.
Sr. Systems Programmer (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 24, 2014
It was fun at the time to be a manager. We had about 22,000 mortgagors that we serviced loans for and my experience was in Mortgage Collections for seven years.
Management staff is good to work for
Operations II Departmental Manager Records Mgmnt (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlJuly 23, 2014
BBVA Compass has a good family understanding environment. They put a lot of effort in understanding Family and work balance.
Whats more important than a helping hand to reach a goal
Financial Advisor II (Current Employee), Arlngton, TexasJuly 10, 2014
Pros: watching the customer reach her goal with help
Cons: short lunches, when ever i get a chance to sit to eat
A typical day at work includes completing customer contacts and loan assignments located within my work list. I review and analyze their financial priorities using customer information, including checking and savings accounts and employment details. There is much associate engagement within my department. We work together creating a friendly and motivating – more... environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers achieve their goals of sustaining a good foundation with their finances and have opportunity for homeownership or other goals they would like to obtain in the future. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Compass Bank

The needle of this Compass points south. Compass Bancshares is the holding company for Compass Bank, which does business as BBVA – Read more