Compass Bank Employee Reviews

Bad employer
Senior Investment operations officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 11, 2017
Poor office morale. Lack of leadership in the US and locally. Most employees were unengaged and did not like their jobs, therefore lots of sick days were scheduled, or not scheduled and just taken.
I enjoyed working here
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 9, 2017
I am sad that I had to leave. I learned so much about handling cash and transaction procedures that I still use to this day. The managers are helpful and friendly
Boiler room sales and cut-throat sales
Branch Retail Executive (Former Employee) –  Santa Teresa, NMDecember 8, 2017
Pushing sales on customers. No professional training or professional development available. Management's main concern is meeting sales quotas. Workplace culture depends on the Branch Executive. The hardest part of the job was the sales quotas. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers and helping them with their financial needs. Listening to their concerns and matching them to financial solutions.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Life/Work balance, hard core pushing sales, inconsistent leadership, no professional development
Great job, Big Goals, Low pay
Sales Service Adviser II (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 5, 2017
Job Family is awesome, company is great yet pay could be better. Great support from Managers including District managers.The only disadvantage that I see is that it could get difficult because of short staffing.
Okay place to work
Mortgage Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 4, 2017
Company has a lot of potential but lacks a positive reputation in the real estate world. They are working on that culture. The problem is like any other institution everything is based on numbers and nothing else matters. They need to fix the mortgage side.
Pros
Coworkers, Health Benefits, Bonus potentional
Cons
Salary, Company path, Not really opportunities of advancement
Great contract work
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2017
Worked there for a year under contract, great place, great environment. Developers and management were outgoing, knowledgeable and professional. Would work there again.
eh..jut ok
SR TELLER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 28, 2017
It was a job. There was some dishonesty that slid past auditors time and time again - but there were good friendships made with others, and our customers were appreciative of our work.
aweome place for career advancement.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 27, 2017
This organization was a great place for career advancement. Great on the job training. Staff was motivated to improve themselves and grow in their careers.
Pros
great career advancement opportunities
Compass Bank
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXNovember 27, 2017
Compass bank was a great bank until BBVA got to it. Once it became BBVA Compass then it turned international like Bank of America. They cut the operations manager position which made me move since i was at the end of my rope.
Great company
Bank teller (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 20, 2017
I left working at Compass Bank as a bank teller and customer service representative. The only reason I quit working at this job was to go to school. I stopped working at the bank when I started cosmetology school
Pros
Great benefits, great hours, great people
Cons
No overtime
BBVA Compass
SALES AND SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 18, 2017
BBVA Compass had an abundance of great employees, however, there was a disconnect with management and mid-level management that made one feel as if there was no future with the company. Don't take my word for it, look at their turnover.
Compass bank
Financial Advisor/ Certified Wealth Strategist (Current Employee) –  Del Rio, TXNovember 7, 2017
good company to work for. Helped me obtain all of my investment licenses, paid for some of my masters degree courses that I am taking. Overall good company
Working at Compass
Branch Associate/Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2017
I enjoyed working at my branch. I was surrounded with a very knowledgeable team members. There was never a time where I couldn't ask a question. If there was something I couldn't figure out myself, someone would help me find the right answer. It was very much a work family environment. Although not every day was busy, I got to create relationships with clients and customers, and learned to give high quality service. I was also in charge of the weekly schedules, which could actually be quite difficult, especially when there were time off requests.
Single Point of Contact
Advocate (Former Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 2, 2017
Advocate for customers to help prevent foreclosure on homes. As an advocate, I was assigned a portfolio of delinquent mortgages. My role required to make customer contact, gain commitment from customers to send proper documentation, advocate on customer’s behalf through multiple departments (foreclosure, modification, loan officers, deed in lieu) to reach the best solution.
Can't get out of thier own way
V.P. Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 2, 2017
There are a lot of choices out there as far as financial institutions to work at; BBVA isn't among the top choices at all. The culture there is not supportive. High stress environment, limited support, & lack of good leadership make for a bad mix.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Management, operations, culture
A very stressful and cut throat place to work
MGR II (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALNovember 1, 2017
They don't appreciate their employees and aren't family oriented. Compass doesn't care about you as a person. They feel everyone is replaceable so why care.
ok company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALOctober 8, 2017
i didnt work there long enough to really be able to give an review. but while i was there the benefits where good. some of the managment seem kind of loss.
benefits
Cons
low salary
It was a job...
Sales and Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 6, 2017
I worked there while looking for a more permanent position within my degree field. The pay was fair for the job, but low in comparison to what you'd expect for a degreed position. Being a bank teller was not fun, but was not extremely difficult if you can follow instruction and are halfway decent at math. There was simply a lot of stress put on tellers to make sure the money is always exact. If you aren't within a few cents in your drawer each day you could get into big trouble.
Challenging Work Environment
Compliance Liaison - Mortgage Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 5, 2017
I worked at BBVA Compass in 2 roles - once as Mortgage Compliance Liaison, which was challenging, but I had great support from my co-workers.

As Database Manager for Retail Ops Support Services, I found the work rewarding, yet challenging as well, but I worked with a stellar team who always provided me with great moral support.
Pros
Challenging deadlines & energized environment
Cons
Management talent was weak, as was the company infrastructure
Loved this bank
Sales & Service Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 5, 2017
The branch I was at was good. The team was excellent and always wanting to help eachother succeed. Manager was great and supported the team always! overall great!