Compass Bank

Compass Bank United States Employee Reviews

very organized
Branch Retail Executive III (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 23, 2015
Managed all aspects of the banking center including managing the tellers, sales personnel, regulations and operations of the banking center.
It gave me longevity.
SBA Processor/ BLC Processor Team Lead (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 23, 2015
Compass Bank was the place for me to learn and grown in the banking industry. I went from starting in data entry to moving my way up to senior loan processor. This career gave me the knowledge to continue to strive for the top and continue to excel.
BBVA Compass
Senior Branch Associate (Former Employee), Northglenn, COApril 22, 2015
Pros: Close to home, learned alot about financing, opperations, and cross selling.
Cons: Management and no advancement.
Good job I would have stayed if opportunity was there to advance, better management, and better pay.
I was awesome at the job I loved my customers but I would not go back to this company.
Great Place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXApril 10, 2015
Pros: Fun, constant changes, customers
Cons: Security became a concern
I traveled to different properties and it was fun to see all of the different apartments their were to chose from. Had a fabulous time showing people different units and seeing how they would decorate them. I was also able to advance in their role over time.
Stable company with good benefits
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 3, 2015
Pros: Benefits and vacation
Cons: slim opportunites for growth.
BBVA is a great place to work but I want to venture out from my
comfort zone at BBVA and see what other organizations may have to offer me that would be better for my growth within their company.
Center with large number of employees and advancement opportunities. Incentives.
Sr. Dispute Claims Clerk (Former Employee), Decatur, ALApril 1, 2015
Pros: Large amount of new and interesting people and co-workers to meet, 13 yrs on job, supportive and friendly enviroment
Cons: Commute time to and from work of 45 minutes each way for long time
Work experience and training received with this organization highly appreciative. Offered job advancement with supportive and knowledgeable management team. Provided with additional training courses to further job experience in areas such as customer service, client building and relationships. Won 4 international VISA awards for dispute processing.
Extremely productive workplace; co-worker like family;
Consumer Assets Processor - Mortgage Banking (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaMarch 30, 2015
Typical day at work: processing loans, contacting borrowers, loan officers, title companies and closing agents, homeowner's insurance agent; validating assets, income, address etc to prepare loan for underwriting; request & gather conditions for final approval, prepare loans for closing.

Follow up on loans in process with the borrowers & loan officer. The hardest part of the job, trying to customer satisfaction for everyone: internal & external. The most enjoyable part of my job, borrowers closing on there home....obtaining the American Dream.
Promotion to Dataops
Merchant Service Rep (Former Employee), Decatur, ALMarch 29, 2015
Pros: people i worked with
Cons: no longer working there
Worked 9-5 Monday - Friday. Assisted in building credit information that would be uploaded into the proper terminal and shipped to the customer. I ran daily reports that and logged cancellation of merchant accounts and set them to deactivate, collecting any cancellation fee as needed.
Financial provider with international presence
VP, Lead Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 25, 2015
BBVA Compass is a bank with presence in seven states in US and major international presence. The BBVA Group is based in Madrid, Spain.
Good Job
Associate Manager (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXMarch 25, 2015
Overall, the company is good to work for. Most of the people are good at what they do, and I have learned a lot in many aspects of the job, but also general life skills. I work for a great manager who supports me, but the compensation for seasoned employees is not what it should be. New hires come in, sometimes without experience, and will make more than a seasoned veteran in the same job family. Benefits are decent though.
productive and enjoyable job.
Wire transfer Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 18, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: non
Wire transfer was always a busy day. From Customer service via telephone to wire transfer requests, wire investigations, fraudulent investigations, complaints and resolving customer issues. This job was very interesting and rewarding. I managed wire investigations team and monitored staff in order to meet deadlines and SLA.
wonderfull place
Wealth Management Relationship Associate (Former Employee), MiamiMarch 17, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healtcare
i really enjoy International private banker. Clientes de alto patrimonio en su mayoria de Espana, Mejico y Peru por lo que el idioma del espaƱol es esencial para ellos
Great Place to work
Service & Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Greeley, COMarch 13, 2015
Typical day at work would be helping all my customers with their financial needs or future needs. I learned a lot in regards to all different area's of the bank and regulations, Got along great with all of my Co-workers, the hardest part to the job was when I/we could not meet our customers needs, and the most enjoyable part about the job was to be able to talk to a variety of people every day
This was a very demanding sales position but reasonable.
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 13, 2015
Pros: i liked the hours and the people i worked with.
Cons: i had very demand monthly quotes.
I was a personal banker. I opened banking services like checking, savings, and HELOC accounts. I also made fixed annuity sales. I made customer calls to make sure they were happy with their services and seek out the need for more services.
Unhealthy Work Environment - Not a Family Friendly Bank
Senior Client Services Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I cannot provide a positive review for a bank that does not treat their associates equally and fairly. They claim that they care about customer service, but the truth is it's all about the widgets, not the service. Instead of seeing the person, they see the number of products that can be sold, even if its not practical for the client.

Management is so concerned about keeping their jobs, that they pass their frustrations and fears onto their team and it reflects on report cards. They are the ones who actually create so much animosityand back stabbing amongst their associates, which makes for an extremely unhealthy work place.
Good job if you don't mind the politics
Sales and Service Advisor (Former Employee), Addison, TexasMarch 3, 2015
A typical day in the life of a banker at Compass is very stressful. While the company offers great benefits for insurance, the rest of the benefits offered are not so competitive. I loved working with my coworkers and manager, but the rest of the bank is difficult to deal with. Advancement in this job is not an option unless you are willing to play politics and brown nose.
Good place to work if you have no bills
Sr. Branch Associate (Current Employee), CaliforniaMarch 3, 2015
Pros: nice people for the most part. easy goals
Cons: pay. spanish heavy. internal communication hold times
BBVA is an ok place to work. Easy teller goals, with low foot traffic if you're in a state outside Alabama and Texas. Pay is a joke if you have and kind of commitments or bills. You get paid $1 an hour above minimum wage to deal with thousands of dollars a day. Also most communication from the head office is in Spanish, as well as any assistance from a primary money transferring department. Over all you're better off flipping burgers at McDonald's for a dollar less an hour. Much less stress.
Fun place to work before it became mega corporate
Senior Vault Teller (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Fun place to work before it became mega corporate.Fun place to work before it became mega corporate Fun place to work before it became mega corporate.Fun place to work before it became mega corporate
Productive and Fun work place
Programmer Analyst/Developer (Former Employee), AlabamaFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Good Days at work
Learned a Lot
management is superb
Co-Workers Helped me a lot
No Hardest part of my job
The most enjoyable part of my job is first day
It's good until it isn't
Branch Retail Executive (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: work/life balance, bankers hours are hard to beat.
Cons: lack of training and support in areas that should be a given.
Not what I expected. You are overwhelmed with various training and requirements that have to be completed in a short amount of time. When you are a branch manager, you are not given teller training, which is very unfortunate since you are responsible for making decisions and approvals. How can you make a good decision without the basic training to back it up. It's sink or swim, and that's what catches you off guard. The worst part, your held accountable for a bad decision when you've never been trained how to be a teller, the core of the bank.

1 2 3 4 5

About Compass Bank

The needle of this Compass points south. Compass Bancshares is the holding company for Compass Bank, which does business as BBVA – Read more

Compass Bank Salaries