Compass Bank

Compass Bank Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work.
Branch Associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 22, 2015
Handling cash on a daily basis. Talking with very friendly clients. Co-workers are very friendly. Hardest part of the job is trying to push out product. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the clients.
BBVA Compass
Financial Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2015
BBVA Compass is definitively a great place to work, benefits are good with 401K match. Great leadership and excellent culture to be in. Very competitive and aggressive in sales.
Not much many advancement opportunities for my educational career path
Branch Associate Manager (Current Employee), Frisco, TXJuly 13, 2015
We're all about our customers. They are truly number one. I run the daily operations of banking functions and also manage the tellers.
I really liked working there
Teller (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 13, 2015
Pros: the environment was great! loved working with the public
Cons: having to open up by my self with was not allowed
The work was great! I really enjoyed balancing my till at the end of the day, working with the public and I really got along with my co-workers, I love learning new things.
Excellent Company
Operations Manager II (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 13, 2015
The day to day operations of the Lockbox Department were challenging and provided the opportunity to learn and improve on my management skills. I was also able to develop relationships with other internal departments and gained respect because I would go the extra mile to assist everyone.
Previously reviewed
Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 10, 2015
Not a close knit environment.. I was the only processor for over 1 year and it was difficult to keep up.
Management was not very helpful and trust was not a word in anyone's vocabulary.
Exciting place to work
Senior Branch Associate (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Great hours, no weekends
Cons: politics behind everything, revolving door of employees, poor HR
There are always new and exciting changes that come to BBVA Compass. The only negative to working here is that within retail banking everybody wants to get promotions which means that no one including managers stay around for to long. As a team we always meet and exceed our goals both sales and customer service orientated. All of the managers that have come in and out of the office have been outstanding. There is enough work to keep you busy throughout the entire day.
Understaffed company as a whole
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Understaffed; Underpaif
Retail banking was once a thriving business. Now it is a dying one, all branches are short staffed and goals are becoming unobtainable. Although my branch has an amazing staff.
Customers were great , Job security not so much
Branch Associate (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXJuly 7, 2015
Pros: great customer base and the company has great products, part timers also receive full benefits immediately just like full timers even 2 wks paid vacation
Cons: unless the entire team is involved w/meeting goals including the branch manager, the branch doesnt function well & stress levels for everyone skyrocket
I had an amazing time for the most part while working for BBVA Compass i absolutley loved what i did and loved half of the staff i worked with. but when it came down to missing money apparently there was no way to prove my innocence. who knew cameras werent that great at a bank to help me out, go figure!! If employed do not take the security of your money for granted or be over trusting of your co workers even if they are supposed to be your superiors! tsk tsk =/
It's a bank.
Customer service manager (Former Employee), Yuma, AZJuly 3, 2015
Nice place to work. Got along with co-workers and managers. The best part was assisting and helping customers. It's a bank. Not much more you can say.
Good benefits
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Glendale, AZJune 30, 2015
Good company to work for if you are just starting out. Management was helpful and provided the resources needed to succeed. I was able to grow my banking career with this company.
Steady, reliable
Teller (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TXJune 25, 2015
Pros: Good managers
Cons: Slow workdays
The company itself is a fantastic one to work for especially in the long run. There's a lot of information to keep in mind and your experience is highly dependent on who you work with.
Not a good place to work
Sr Financial Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJune 25, 2015
Pros: Good home life balance.
Cons: No management support
The technology was horrible had to call IT department repeatedly. Did not get credit for a lot of my sales including mortgages, credit cards and Helocs. Management did not stand up for me in situations when she should have. When you go to the HR department they will always side with management it doesn't matter what the situation is. I wondered why there was so much turn over and now I know. Associates are not respected, I learned that the only associates they want are the ones from Chase.
Great company to work for.
Personal Banker (Current Employee), waco txJune 24, 2015
Great co wokers, great products, managment is great, great days nothing to hard, i enjoyed everything about this place. BBVA COMPASS is a great place to be and very friendly
Great Company
Financial Sales Advisor II (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 19, 2015
Great Organization, I would recommend this financial institution to anyone trying to get their foot into banking. Great workplace with work life balance.
Great Compay
Sr. Branch Associate (Current Employee), Friendswood, TXJune 17, 2015
Great Company to work for. You are able to move up if you show yourself approved. It all depends on who the manager is and the location I believe.
productive fun areq
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 17, 2015
great company to work great worklife balance only full time and alot of interaction with customers on daily. Pretty limited and how you can do things but after a while it becomes second nature. overall great place to start off at.
Very Productive, Very good atmosphere to work.
Middle Ofice Operation Control ( Vice President). (Current Employee), Houston TowerJune 4, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, Very Good incentives.
Cons: Expensive Helthcare Insurace.
Good Company to work very good incentives.
Good Place to Work .
Very good atmosphere to work.
The recognition is world wise.
Great Opportunities
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 30, 2015
I have only been employed for a few months and it was the best decision of my life. The job offers many opportunities and will teach you everything that will help you for your next advancement.
Good job no incentive to stay
Remote QA Tester (Former Employee), Birmingham, AlMay 23, 2015
The work is constant and always available. If you're looking for full time work, look elsewhere but if you like contracting then this is the place for you. No real team environment and a lot of people work on the same testing team don't even know each other. So your basically a warm body completing work. There is no ladder to climb only work to do. If you're looking for a career I would suggest you not apply, this testing team only need people to work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Compass Bank

The needle of this Compass points south. Compass Bancshares is the holding company for Compass Bank, which does business as BBVA – Read more

Compass Bank Salaries