Compass Bank Employee Reviews

Great benefits
Construction Loan Modification Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 27, 2017
Management needs a huge revamp in the mortgage side. Even if you are there to just do your job, you need to watch your back. Especially in the construction department.
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXMarch 23, 2017
While working for the bank as a whole was wonderful, the managers could use some additional training. Branches are constantly short handed and always felt like I had to rush because I was always left alone in the teller line.
Great place and great people
ATM Custodian/ Teller (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 23, 2017
I honestly really love this job because the job culture was intimate, you didn't have co-workers you had a work family.

And quite honestly that is very hard to find in banking and office positions now.
Pros
Best everything
A great place to work
Junior Java Developer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 20, 2017
BBVA Compass Bank is a great place to work. I was a contractor, so I was not able to benefit from everything a full-time employee would. The people are nice and the facilities are up-to-date and clean. Communications on my team were lacking. Our management would only communicate what was absolutely necessary and not provide us with all of the details. Overall, it is a great place to work.
n/a
Retail Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2017
The pay is amazing, but its junior varsity compared to the other companies out there. Not the most professional atmosphere. Lots of I don't know's and it's not my job type answers for colleagues.
Pros
pay
Cons
culture
Quality Officer (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 9, 2017
There is no personal development provided with this lender. The Origination system is virtually unusable. Pressure from parent company in Spain to circumvent US banking regulations. People are not accepting of a new employee. If you haven't worked for the bank for 10 years you already start at a disadvantage as only talk in acronyms and no explanation is given as to what they mean. Projects are changed from Project Manger to Project Manager so frequently you can be unaware of who is running the project at any point in time.
Pros
good compensation
Cons
no personal development. Will eliminate position rather then work with employee
Great benefits
Vice President Branch Retail Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 3, 2017
Fast paced. Must be organized and goal oriented. Sufficient training and support provided. Team work is a must. Provide financial advise to benefit the client's needs. Must be a good listener and problem solver.
A+ girls
Teller Customer Rep (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMFebruary 17, 2017
I love working for her because she always hires me when I do not have work helped me with the albertsons contract. And is just a good person to work for
Pros
work
Cons
hard work
Enjoyable
Asset Processor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 13, 2017
Typical day was like any other Mortgage company, culture was ok. Work flow was manageable and the co-workers were always helpful. Management was also approchable.
Work Life Balance
Branch Retail Executive, Vice President (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2017
Continual changing work environment/processes which hinder effect business development activities. Overall work life balance is not consistent.
Pros
Development
Cons
Work Life Balance conflict
Innovative Bank
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 24, 2017
During my time with BBVA Compass we went through 5 acquisitions and one huge system upgrade. We're there hard time? Of course, however I was immensely impressed at how positive, encouraging & engaged upper management was with the company as a whole. Great place to work
Pros
Eye on the future
Cons
started at the bottom and got stuck with lower salary. He to leave to do better financially
Banking
Sales and Service Advisor/Personal Consumer Banker (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 24, 2017
This banking experience was definitely one to remember. Went through three managers. The first one that hired me was by far the best. There was no discipline for bad behavior though, that was a little frustrating. All in all, it was a good experience. Would love the opportunity to work for another bank some day.
productive workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 15, 2017
The experience was a learning one.
The company couldn't keep managers and had a lack of communication .
Unfortunately, we didn't work as a team. Employees would spend too long on lunches.
Great job experience
Branch Associate (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 12, 2017
As a teller you learn much about how people take care of their finances. We were able to learn more about loans and investments, not just deposits and withdrawals.
Unfortunate Management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 7, 2017
The management in the area I worked in was less than adequate. In an industry that I expected to be team oriented with each employee working together to meet the customers needs; it was very competitive with little reward. The tellers were treated as though they didn't matter and were not respected. It was a toxic environment and I am hopeful that not every banking center is the same.
Pros
office feel, banking process, customer experience
Cons
management, lack of team-building
Great job, enjoyed customer interaction.
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Compass Bank was a great place to work. I was referred by a friend and worked in banking for about 8 years. I left the banking world and moved to St Augustine. I wanted to work at night and have my days off to enjoy the city and the beach.
Pros
experience
Cons
traffic to work
Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 1, 2017
Fast pace environment and always busy. Co-worker were team players and hard working. Everyone was very helpful they training taught me how to 10-key and encoding checks, balance deposits, and correct errors.
Pros
Free lunches and company picnic
Cons
poor benefits
Was a fun work environment
Branch Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 28, 2016
Fun work environment, hard working employees. Management was very helpful and if there were concerns they were addressed, The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer interaction.
Good company to work with
Workplace Solutions Officer (Current Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 22, 2016
AWESOME BENEFITS, vacations, 401k, sick days, FMLA, time management, never had a problem with HR, awesome team players, only problem is to be promoted you have to be friend with district manager
Fun working environment in meeting a lot of new people
Front Line/Drive Thru Teller (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 20, 2016
I learned how to review customer accounts, complete financial transactions, and learned how to treat customers in a professional business matter while being kind and friendly.
Pros
solid work schedule
Cons
no chance in advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Bank. Our community is ready to answer.