Compass Bank Employee Reviews in United States

A great place to learn credit
BUSINESS BANKING OFFICER (Current Employee) –  AZApril 7, 2016
At BBVA you have the opportunity to learn how to originate, underwrite, process and close large commercial real estate loans.
Beyond awful
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 4, 2016
BBVA has managed to alienate and drive away its work force talent, As an Operations Manager and a long-term employee, workload was impossible, employees lacked qualifications, hours were never-ending, and HR acted as a police force rather than a resource. If you have no scruples, no self-respect, and no empathy for others, this is the firm for you. If you like being bullied, treated with no respect, and living in a culture of fear, this one's for you. Prepare to work sixty plus hours/week with stellar results and still be criticized. Prepare to take your concerns to HR, and be scolded for speaking up. Be prepared for HR to be unaware of basic employment needs, and the firm's benefits and policies. Compass was a good company but that is long past.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Vengeful management, poor benefits, HR needs complete OVERHAUL

Comment – April 7, 2016

This is exactly correct. I would also add that the benefits are extremely poor compared to other banks.

Comment – May 13, 2016

Job postings are often not filled, then reposted, as the firm's issues are well known, especially in certain areas that specialize in non-deposit products. The same position will be posted on and off for months and months.

Professional
Asset Recovery Management & Solutions (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2016
Great Place to work!
Management is great.
Ejoyed the hours an paid days off.
Challenging.
Great benefits and off holidays.
Great Bank
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 8, 2016
This bank is good to employees, and a pleasurable place to work at. There is a lack of employee empowerment in being able to help customers and do the right thing when it is outside of policy guidelines.
Pros
behavior based coaching
Cons
lack of employee empowerment
Poor Use of Resources
Financial Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 8, 2016
System failures on a monthly basis
Short-staffed Customer Service Reps that left bankers and customers alike on hold for several minutes.
Loans took exceptionally long to close due to the lack of staffing in various departments.
New products never worked when initially presented to customers.
Pros
Great Pay, Loyal Customers
Cons
poor resources, lack of customer care outside of the branches
Compass is an excellent company .
Al - Collection and Recovery Rep (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 8, 2016
A day at Compass was very enjoyable. The day consist of working with a great team. Each day my goal was to provide excellent customer service and collect revenue.Compass Bank is a great company to work for
Pros
all pros
Great team but no recognition for our hard work
Branch Associate- Teller (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 3, 2016
It would be a great company to work for if they noticed how hard their employees work and compensate them for it. Instead they decide to delay our increases. At the location I work for the manager is great. He is a leader and most of my co-workers are great. We are a team, however the assistance manager lacks leadership and confidence. I felt like I had to do all of her work and yet not get recognized. Upper management needs to see what's going on at the branch level. Benefits are not that good. Insurance sucks and I had to pay for my stuff most of the time. Overall I need to find a different job.
Pros
team
Cons
benefits, upper management
Your Typical Smaller Bank
Sales and Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 26, 2016
I've been with BBVA for almost two years, I have received two promotions with this company in a year in a half. I came from Chase bank and it was a bit of a change. System wise they are a bit behind than larger banks (you have to do a lot of manual work). The turnover rates are pretty high due to poor management. From the teller side, it's pretty simple. It's very easy to make payout per quarter if you do your referrals. Platform side is a bit different (I work both teller and platform side being an SSA). The goals at my branch are pretty steep which requires you to work your butt off if you want to make payout. It's a bit of a dog eat dog eat world. The most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers because we all work as a team to get the job done at the end of the day.

PS: The health insurance is HORRIBLE!!!
Pros
Internal Promotions & Pay
Cons
Management & Health Insurance
easy going place to work
Licensed Branch Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers find solutions to their goals & financial problems.
company is willing to pay for investment licenses.
Pros
lots of options to be able to present to customer to fit any goal
Cons
lack of upward mobility
Fun workplace with a chance to gain customer service skills.
Sr. Branch Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Fast paced job with looking through accounts communicating with customers and allow them to leave with a smile in a timely manner.

Pull reports daily, balance, and sell products.
The work experience was fine
Alternative Banking Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 1, 2016
Worked experience was fine. Worked there for more than 12 years. My job was outsourced and moved to Texas. I enjoyed working with coworkers and the office experience was good. Location convenient. .
na
Universal Banker/ Sales and Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 28, 2016
constant change of guidelines goal and focus. Constant adjustments to incentives. I enjoy the clients and I have learned a variety of skills
Not the best place to work
Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 26, 2016
At every job you have good and not so good employees. The hard working employees get overlooked. At BBVA its who you know not what you know.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
Insurance is costly, promotions are rare.
Old and out of date
Sales & Service Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 13, 2016
Do not even waste your time. Systems constantly go down, management is clueless, and there is no such thing as opportunities for career advancement.
Decent Company
Sales and Service Advisor II (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJanuary 8, 2016
Ok Company to work for. Good Salary and growing company. Atmosphere and environment is less than desirable. Lots of turnover in this district.
The Banker Life
Sr. Branch Associate/ Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 31, 2015
I enjoyed the face to face interaction with the public and enjoyed all my job responsibilities. I enjoyed my team and the other employees I met along the way as well.
Pros
competitive
Cons
management was not very organized
Overly complex workplace
teller (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CADecember 30, 2015
700 branches nationwide. Parent company in Spain. 100,000 employees worldwide. In 30 different countries. Free checking, online banking. Good credit cards.
Pros
Wonderful Co-workers
Cons
Healthcare
Awesome
Senior Financial Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 26, 2015
would recommend to anyone, decent pay, good work/personal life balance, awesome leadership. everything always was smooth
Fiancial Group
FINANCIAL SALES ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 22, 2015
This position is a moderate to average goal for a business professional.

The benefits and bonuses are a great conclusion into success; however, it is important to keep up with providing quality customer service.
Vice President - Business Banking (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 1, 2015
Responsible for generating sales for BBVA Compass Business Banking Group. Products included both credit and non-credit banking products. Focused on small businesses ($1MM - $25MM) to provide working capital, real estate financing, equipment loans, SBA, etc. Sales objectives are achieved through obtaining appointments with qualified prospects by utilizing a variety of marketing and sales techniques including, cold calling, networking, direct marketing, & referrals. Assessed, profiled, and analyzed small businesses and business owners’ financial needs and proposed customized packages of financial products and services. Analyzed, structured, underwrote, priced, and negotiated credit requests based on risk and value of the relationship basis.

Specializing in: Commercial real estate loans, business equipment financing, SBA lending, medical and dental practice financing, investment properties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Bank. Our community is ready to answer.