Compass Bank Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Good money
Senior Systems Programmer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 30, 2017
The environment it designed for socially active employees, with lower than normal work ethics and commitment. Company direction is usually unclear and decisions made at higher levels are very rarely communicated in a timely manner and are normally not conducive to a large company environment.
Benefits
love working with customer
Merchant Teller (Former Employee) –  moreno valleyJune 30, 2017
provide account services to customer by receiving deposits and loan payments cashing checks issuing saving withdrawals recording nigh and mail deposits answering customer question in person or telephones
Pros
customer satisfaction
Cons
beaks lunch
Horrible Place to Work
Senior Branch Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 28, 2017
The Software systems here are horrendous, outdated, slow, and made it extremely hard to provide excellent client service. Upper management and seasoned employees were rude and unhelpful.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
no complaints on my job
Sales and Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Sumiton, ALJune 23, 2017
You must meet sales goals, but overall a great job to have. Benefits are great! Not a lot of room for advancement. Management is very young at most branches.
fun work place
Items Processor II (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 20, 2017
Typical day at work, productive and laid back. I've learned that work can be a place for achieving goals and getting to know one another. Workplace culture versatile
Pros
activites
Cons
low salary
productive place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXJune 13, 2017
Daily answering calls and assist customers in online assistance for online banking. Create profiles for customers so they can have access to the website and the app for their online needs for banking. Also inform on truncations and answered any questions regarding the transactions on their accounts.
i would say it depends on your staff
Banking and Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2017
i think my experience at compass would have been better if i had a different manger. my aunt works for the company, had a hire ranking the my manger did and i felt like his jealousy was taken out on me a little.
Pros
bank holiday, 2 weeks vacation
Cons
out of date techonogly
Career opportunities
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2017
This job led to career growth in different departments. Staff and managers were great. I learned so much when I worked for this company. Lots of on the job training helped me to gain experience in other areas of this company.
Productive workplace to learn banking culture.
Sales and Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2017
I've learned many things working at BBVA Compass. It was a great experience! A typical day includes assisting customers with any and every banking need they may have. It was very enjoyable.
Lack Luster Management with Drama
AM (Former Employee) –  Mercedes, TXJune 6, 2017
You will be spending most of your day with talking with customers and handling their daily transactions. It becomes very redundant but the conversations can be interesting. You tend to get close and personal with a lot of the cliental that comes in. You main problem comes with management, there is no urgency to take care of any issues, this includes the HR department. Unless you are a favorite employee or know one of the top dogs in the company you position is usually pretty stagnant with dismal raises to look forward to every year. But if you can handle all that not a horrible place to work.
Gaps in leadership strengths and resourcing
Email Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 6, 2017
Strategy in place, but Sr. Management short and long term commitment along with proper resourcing (funds and skill set) are a constant challenge. Fractions within acquired banks (Compass) continue to hold back performance.
Fast Paced Bank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJune 4, 2017
Typical day could be very hectic or very boring but the customers were generally very friendly. The management not so much. The benefits and pay were pretty average and I never went without work to do.
Pros
Overall decent job
Hr
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR (contract) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 3, 2017
Good employer to work for. Flexible hours. Great work environment. Flexibility, salary comparable with the position. I enjoyed working for him very much.
Great place to learn banking
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 2, 2017
Was a great place to learn about becoming a personal banker and the knowledge it requires to help people with their financial needs. also gave great insight to the investment side of banking as well
Love the work, no job security no benefits
Fraud Investigator I (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 1, 2017
Love what I did there, management was ok. Working under contract for almost a year and no insurance was too much for me. They promise to transition us within time, but never happened. Felt look down from other full time employees. Overall it was just ok.
Pros
Not micromanagment
Cons
No benefits
BBVA Compass a fun placed to work
International Mortgage Processor III (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 31, 2017
Loved working in BBVA Compass. I had the privileged to worked in several departments, leaned a lot of every single department. Spent good 15 years of my life in this wonderful company.
Pros
Free lunches, lots of vacaion days
Cons
Micromanagment
Organization Was Lacking
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2017
More definition of roles, uplines, and flexability was needed. It seemed as if the left hand and right hand were not together. That made it tough to give clients and employees at different branches the same experience.
Great Opportunities
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 31, 2017
As a bank teller, you learn a lot about finance and money handling. I like you can advance to become Customer Service Rep. The company will pay for your certifications for your advancement.
Great Bank
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2017
Good Management- good bank to work for.
Great products
Improving systems
Easy to move up with consistent work
Obtainable goals
Striving to improve the company
No experience? Don't bother
Teller (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 22, 2017
I have a background in management. I went to work there believing that once I was able to get a little banking experience that I would be able to move into a branch manager position.

Tellers don't make much money at all. Which is sad since they handle all of the money in the bank.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, no atmosphere