Compass Bank Employee Reviews

It was very good
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 15, 2017
Over all this was a good job because the pay was actually really good, at least for me. But in my position you were expected to do a lot and nobody cared that you busted your butt to do other people's work as well.
Avoid
Sr. Financial Sales Advisor II (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 14, 2017
Unfair/borderline illegal sales practices take place here. Cut-throat environment, no positive culture to help grow and succeed. Numbers are the only concern, at your expense.
Pros
Good Salary and Benefits
Cons
cut-throat environment, bad sales practices.
Great Company
Banking Representative (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PRAugust 14, 2017
Great company great benefits flexible work hours and most of all I enjoyed doing my job being it had much to do with what i am studying currently in college.
Fun
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 10, 2017
A wonderful place to work. Working for the bank is amazing. They are like a family here. I have learned so much. The management is wonderful. Over all I love working here
Not a great place to work at
Financial Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 8, 2017
Unorganized
Pay is terrible
HR department is a third party who can't get answers for employees on benefits or pay
Customers are not happy with customer service at all
Credit cards credit cards, when the products can't even compete with competitors cause they are behind on services they offer
will tell you one thing then will outcome another
Pros
Cons
all listed above
Very nice place to work as a Banker
Vice President-Business Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 5, 2017
Bankers have tremendous opportunities to advance and work with Advisors. I think they are still trying to find how to market investment services with their Advisors.
Great Company
Financial Sales Representative II (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 2, 2017
Great company to work for, they prepare you for the many task you will be responsible for within your job title. They provide one on one training for a month.
Horrible culture
BBVA Compass Retail IT - Sr. Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 1, 2017
The management in the project management areas is definitely lacking in professionalism and regard for employees. Constant change in protocol and procedures. The project management methodology was constantly changing the documentation needed.
Growing Bank
Director of Risk Analytics (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2017
The bank is headquartered in Houston, Texas, and is part of the larger global bank headquartered in Spain. It is the largest bank in Mexico. BBVA/Compass is seeking to grow it's online presence.
It was a very good first banking job
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLJuly 31, 2017
It was my first and so far only bank job, and it was a good place to start. The level of responsibility, traffic volume at the branch, and goal expectations were fair for learning how to become a banker. Benefits were very good. Management was a mix of good and bad.
Pros
Federal holidays, medical and dental, Sundays off, little rewards throughout year for working hard such as bonus time off.
Cons
The opportunities to advance seemed to only be given to certain people (favoritism).
Not for everyone
Collector (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 30, 2017
Good work/life balance, but not great pay. Supervisors and management seemed to play a lot of favorites, making it feel very hostile and stressful at times.
Not the best place to work
Financial Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 30, 2017
The compensation metrics are awful and if you aren't bi lingual you will lose a whole lot of sales. The working environment is extremely stressful and the equipment is outdated and very slow.
A passive enviroment and customers are pleasant as well
Sales Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 27, 2017
Running transactions in the beginning of the day, opening up accounts and also finding leads to other investments. I also have to balance the vault as well as my own drawer would have to balance.
Solid company I would work for them again
VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 24, 2017
I had an amazing opportunity to grow and develop my finance career here for 4 years.

I learned from amazing mentors who cared about me and my development

culture was ever changing

hardest part of the job- having meetings to meet and time taken out of the schedule to be doing what needed to get done

most enjoyable part of the job- meeting new clients and people and satisfying all of their banking needs
Pros
good mgt / mentors
Compass
Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 24, 2017
Great company to work for. Benefits and incentives are awesome. Great environment and very flexible. I would recommend this company in a heartbeat. BBVA
Excellent company to work for
Senior Branch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJuly 21, 2017
I would still be there if not for relocating to San Antonio. I was able to be personable with my customers and fellow employers. Great benefits and investment opportunity with this company.
Great Place to Work
Senior FSR (Financial Service Representative) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2017
I got my start in Banking at Compass my manager was amazing, she cared about the customers, the bank and me as an employee. Compass is very sales driven but also stresses doing the right thing.
Wonderful place to work
Developed Executive Agenda (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 17, 2017
Was an amazing place to work. If you had shown them that you knew how to do your job and was willing to change positions in the company then the managers pushed to allow that to happen. Always saw the good in the employees and advanced their careers to prove it.
Poor management
IT Support Specialist Tier 1 & 2 (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 11, 2017
The bank was being converged with BBVA which was my job to help it go along smoothly. The management was never on the same page, very rude all the time and many times i witnessed as well as was a victim of racial slander.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Very poor work environment and management
Teller
Sr. Branch Associate (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALJuly 11, 2017
With the rise of digital banking of today, it is a job that is slowly dimensioning. They are pushing customers to use online and mobile banking for everything leaving people without jobs.