Compass Bank

Compass Bank Employer Reviews

fun workplace
Sales Service Representative (Former Employee), dallas txJune 25, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: stressful goals
Assisted customers with their financial needs and sold appropriate products
Assisted with debt consolidation, mortgages, auto loans, credit cards, investments, full service banking
Great Company to work for.
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 16, 2014
Pros: lots of room to grow.
Cons: tough market at this time.
Every day is a different day at work since i work at different branch offices and work with different people and customers,
always fun and interesting.

I've learned many other sales skills from other business partners.

Management needs a little improvement

co-workers were amazing and very helpful

The most difficult part of my job is breaking the bad news to clients when they don't qualify.

the most enjoyable part of my job is a different environment every day.
Productive workplace with lots of public interaction
Branch Associate (Bank Teller) (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJune 16, 2014
I handle numerous simple and more complex banking transactions. I also work with several microsoft programs, front line in customer service, works with cash everyday.
Not a good place to work, don't care about employees
Financial Sales Advisor (Former Employee), AlabamaJune 13, 2014
Pros: benefits, paid holidays
Cons: no breaks, unrealistic goals, low pay, management, turnover
The management is not the best. The turnoever is horrible so every branch is always very short staffed. They are very pushy with their goals and they are unrealistic goals. This company only cares about how much money they can make. It is a very stressful job with low pay, bonuses are hard to get and raises are very low once a year. If you don;t enjoy a job that is 100% sales then this is not worth your time.
Lots of Freedom
Mortgage Banking Officer (Former Employee), Glendale, AzJune 9, 2014
Pros: job flexibility
Cons: pushy
Sales position so had a lot of Freedom. Motivated management style. Co-worker were fun. Hardest part of the job was attaining customers.
An unorganized dysfunctional company.
Loan Specialist III Booker (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 29, 2014
Pros: they are global.
Cons: make rush decisions at the top that effect end users.
Not a good place to work only concerned about getting rid of jobs in Birmingham and moving everything to Houston.
NOT WORTH YOUR TIME
Financial Sales Associate II (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALMay 24, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: bre's, dre's, upper management and vacation time is a joke.
Management is horrible. This is a company who doesn't know who they are or where they want to go. Being headed from Spain it seems they want the same production in the States which is unrealistic. This job would be something to get you by....
A friendly, and fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative/ Online Banking (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 24, 2014
A typical day at work would be answering inbound calls to helps customers with their bank accounts, or with any questions or problems concerning their online accounts. I learned how to operate many different systems, in order to help the customer with many types of questions or problems. The management team worked well with keeping everyone up to date on any changes, new programs and new software. The co-workers all worked well with each other, and were always willing to help others. The hardest part of the job was dealing with numerous outraged customers on a daily basis, but I had to learn not to take things personally, and stay professional, in order to get the job done. The most enjoyable part of the job, was helping customers that did not know the order of daily processing, and in giving them this information, it helped them to keep more accurate record of their accounts.
na
Operations Team Lead (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 14, 2014
needed more flexibility, hours were good, management was good. Learning a different task was good.
Fun workplace
Technical Project Lead (Consultant in GoNet USA) (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 12, 2014
Fun workplace, multicultural environment, nice people, good facilities.
Company Growing to set the new Banking Standard
Vice President- Dual Banking Retail Executive IV (Former Employee), Arlington, TXMay 9, 2014
Pros: great incentive package and benefits
Cons: some micro management
Company is the forerunner in product development, customer support and service. Compass provides ongoing training for exployees and opportunity for advancement. Additional learning experiences are not just compliance related but also for personal and professional growth. I would recommend this as a great place to work.
Banking
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Lake Havasu CityMay 7, 2014
Pros: great customers
Cons: no breaks other then lunch.
My day consisted of supervising the teller line to ensure that they were processing transactions in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure that they were offering products and services to fit the customer's needs.
Every morning I would balance the general ledger accounts in compliance to corporate procedures.
I would review for the bankers all of their new accounts to ensure that the documentation presented in accurate and accounted for. Then I would upload the proper documentation to the proper system, ie: signature card system, one stop, etc.
I was in charge of making sure that the branch was in audit compliance.
When the teller line was busy I would run a cash drawer to help assist customers. With the additional responsibility of balancing the vault on a daily basis.
Good Luck and be perfect
Coordinator (Former Employee), Tempe, AZMay 7, 2014
Pros: good benefits and vacation
Cons: poor management and systems, they are outsourcing
This firm has an ancient processing platform and insists that you be nearly perfect with their customer and loan officers. Good luck if you believe you can make a mistake.

The company wants to be the best, I hope that is you, if not than good luck and wait for the write ups. By the way they are trying to see what out sourcing they need so......hope your job is not it.
Unstable environment
Sr. Teller (Former Employee), AlabamaMay 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits and all holidays off and vacation time.
Cons: no breaks during the day, lunch just 30 minutes, sick time used was counted agaist you even tho you worked for it and earned it.
Not a happy or stable place to work. Extremely stressful every day and unrealistic goals set for a small town branch with big city goals which was the hardest part of the job. Some employees were favored over others and treated as such. Management had their favorites and left work in the middle of the day a lot and rarely stayed all day long like they should have plus would go run personal errands and be gone a long time, come back and then take a long lunch. We only got 30 minute lunches and no breaks. Rules set for some did not apply to everyone. Had several great co workers I am still friends with. Had some great customers who I loved and had gotten to know well over the years I was there.
Nice place to work
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Castle Rock, COApril 28, 2014
Pros: 3 weeks vacation after 5 years with company
Cons: healthcare
Have enjoyed working for this company for 5+ years. A typical day would be helping customers & day-to-day operational work.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 22, 2014
Productive and fun workplace
Great work life balance
Great benefits
Challenging atmosphere
VP, Lead IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 9, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: cultural differences between holding company and us bank.
Even though the top management talks change and improvement they find ways to hinder progress towards change because they don't understand the American culture. This is the first foreign owned company that I have worked for who didn't work to understand the culture they bought into or made the effort to equalize the top management between foreigners and Americans. Promotions are based on who you know and if you are liked rather on what you know and your abilities.
If you are an American working for this bank you will have a hard time climbing the corporate ladder unless you have a Hispanic surname. And even though it is not a requirement of the job - if you don't speak Spanish you will not succeed.
Working at Compass Bank was one of my absolute favorite work experiences
Teller (Former Employee), Warrior, ALApril 8, 2014
Pros: lunch breaks
On a typical day I would help all my customers find what they were wanting to seeking or maybe even more. That work environment was my favorite very low key, dealing with our customers politely even when they got a little frustrated at us. I loved everything about this job. I love my co-workers they were like a family
Great Company
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 8, 2014
This is a great company to work for. However, there is not much room for advancement.
Overall good experience
Head Teller (Former Employee), Leander, TXApril 8, 2014
Compass Bank was a great starting point after college. I was able to get a taste for management and training others. The location I was at was a small town location, which made the environment great, the team had a great relationship with our clients.

About Compass Bank

The needle of this Compass points south. Compass Bancshares is the holding company for Compass Bank, which does business as BBVA – Read more