Compass Bank Employee Reviews

A Great Place to Work
Sales & Productivity Analyst, Lead (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 1, 2016
I have enjoyed working here the past five years! It was a great experience that I will always remember. I enjoyed all of my co-workers. Great group of people to learn from.
a very nice institution to work for.
Senior Branch Associate [bank teller] (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2016
A typical day at work - everyone is ready to help customers with their needs. What i learned - treat customers as you would like to be treated. Management - managers are always there to help when needed. co-workers - they help each other out when one is falling be hide on work. the hardest part of the job - is when you have an irate customer. The most enjoyable part of the job - is making sure your customers are happy and leave with a smile.
Pros
free lunch and desert
Cons
sometimes no breaks
Good company to work for with opportunities to advance in your career.
Assistant Vice President / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALMay 20, 2016
Good company to work for with opportunities to advance in your career. My work days were busy, and I was supervised by a team of experienced managers. My co-workers were professional and knowledgeable.
Pros
Opportunity for advance.
Cons
Salaries for entry level employees with college degrees could have been better.
Temp
Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 10, 2016
Work charge off and case close. send final letter and give interest.
fold letters when needed. I have learned a lot about the charge-off and charge back process. I also enter representments
SBA Closer
SBA Loan Closer III (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 4, 2016
It was a great place to work, it was hard work and it takes a special person to work in SBA. Work life balance is encouraged but can be hard to balance with the pace of work that is expected. It was a great group of people to work with.
Great job
Bank Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville Beach, FLMay 4, 2016
Compass Bank great job hate leaving moved away. There for 18 years enjoyed the staff. A lot of sales required. Recognized the employees. Dislike trying to move up at the job was hard.
Pros
good job over all
Cons
lots of sales
Contract Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 29, 2016
Great people, great place to work. I was a contractor and hope to have a chance to work with BBVA Compass again. SVP can be difficult at times but direct manager was great.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Senior Management
Cuts
Client Experience & Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLApril 29, 2016
As cuts to back office support departments continued it became increasingly difficult to work as a front line employee.
Branch Retail Executive (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 10, 2016
Good place to work, location is the key. They are working on revamping the training and how information is distributed so all are on same page. To quote upper management "we want t be a real bank."
Pros
People are nice
Cons
Do more with less attitude
A great place to learn credit
BUSINESS BANKING OFFICER (Current Employee) –  AZApril 7, 2016
At BBVA you have the opportunity to learn how to originate, underwrite, process and close large commercial real estate loans.
Beyond awful
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 4, 2016
BBVA has managed to alienate and drive away its work force talent, As an Operations Manager and a long-term employee, workload was impossible, employees lacked qualifications, hours were never-ending, and HR acted as a police force rather than a resource. If you have no scruples, no self-respect, and no empathy for others, this is the firm for you. If you like being bullied, treated with no respect, and living in a culture of fear, this one's for you. Prepare to work sixty plus hours/week with stellar results and still be criticized. Prepare to take your concerns to HR, and be scolded for speaking up. Be prepared for HR to be unaware of basic employment needs, and the firm's benefits and policies. Compass was a good company but that is long past.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Vengeful management, poor benefits, HR needs complete OVERHAUL

Comment – April 7, 2016

This is exactly correct. I would also add that the benefits are extremely poor compared to other banks.

Comment – May 13, 2016

Job postings are often not filled, then reposted, as the firm's issues are well known, especially in certain areas that specialize in non-deposit products. The same position will be posted on and off for months and months.

Professional
Asset Recovery Management & Solutions (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 10, 2016
Great Place to work!
Management is great.
Ejoyed the hours an paid days off.
Challenging.
Great benefits and off holidays.
Great Bank
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 8, 2016
This bank is good to employees, and a pleasurable place to work at. There is a lack of employee empowerment in being able to help customers and do the right thing when it is outside of policy guidelines.
Pros
behavior based coaching
Cons
lack of employee empowerment
Poor Use of Resources
Financial Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 8, 2016
System failures on a monthly basis
Short-staffed Customer Service Reps that left bankers and customers alike on hold for several minutes.
Loans took exceptionally long to close due to the lack of staffing in various departments.
New products never worked when initially presented to customers.
Pros
Great Pay, Loyal Customers
Cons
poor resources, lack of customer care outside of the branches
Compass is an excellent company .
Al - Collection and Recovery Rep (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 8, 2016
A day at Compass was very enjoyable. The day consist of working with a great team. Each day my goal was to provide excellent customer service and collect revenue.Compass Bank is a great company to work for
Pros
all pros
Great team but no recognition for our hard work
Branch Associate- Teller (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMarch 3, 2016
It would be a great company to work for if they noticed how hard their employees work and compensate them for it. Instead they decide to delay our increases. At the location I work for the manager is great. He is a leader and most of my co-workers are great. We are a team, however the assistance manager lacks leadership and confidence. I felt like I had to do all of her work and yet not get recognized. Upper management needs to see what's going on at the branch level. Benefits are not that good. Insurance sucks and I had to pay for my stuff most of the time. Overall I need to find a different job.
Pros
team
Cons
benefits, upper management
Your Typical Smaller Bank
Sales and Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 26, 2016
I've been with BBVA for almost two years, I have received two promotions with this company in a year in a half. I came from Chase bank and it was a bit of a change. System wise they are a bit behind than larger banks (you have to do a lot of manual work). The turnover rates are pretty high due to poor management. From the teller side, it's pretty simple. It's very easy to make payout per quarter if you do your referrals. Platform side is a bit different (I work both teller and platform side being an SSA). The goals at my branch are pretty steep which requires you to work your butt off if you want to make payout. It's a bit of a dog eat dog eat world. The most enjoyable part of my job is my coworkers because we all work as a team to get the job done at the end of the day.

PS: The health insurance is HORRIBLE!!!
Pros
Internal Promotions & Pay
Cons
Management & Health Insurance
easy going place to work
Licensed Branch Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers find solutions to their goals & financial problems.
company is willing to pay for investment licenses.
Pros
lots of options to be able to present to customer to fit any goal
Cons
lack of upward mobility
Fun workplace with a chance to gain customer service skills.
Sr. Branch Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Fast paced job with looking through accounts communicating with customers and allow them to leave with a smile in a timely manner.

Pull reports daily, balance, and sell products.
The work experience was fine
Alternative Banking Consultant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 1, 2016
Worked experience was fine. Worked there for more than 12 years. My job was outsourced and moved to Texas. I enjoyed working with coworkers and the office experience was good. Location convenient. .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

79%