Compass Group USA Employee Reviews

typical day at work
Patient Service Manager, Virtua Health System (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 1, 2018
Is crazy because of the additional stress that the client puts on management, Expect long hours and weekend coverage which adds additional stress to the day.
benefits
Cons
hours work
Not a good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCDecember 3, 2017
We pay for our meals with the little pay we do make.... No reward for the hard work we do.. upper management gets the reward and bonuses.. well the employees do all the work..
Pros
Love working with my coworkers
Cons
No money
Busy workplace. Dealing with many different people.
Food Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 28, 2017
Started work about 6:30 to 7:00 am daily. Visited kitchen sites on the way in and dealt with the needs for the day. Got to the office about 8:00 and handled daily paperwork, issues of the day and completed various reports needed. Went out at lunch time and visited on average 3-4 sites. Sent back to office and handled the paperwork, ordering, menu development, personnel issues, maintenance and other concerns for the day.
Pros
Rewarded for your work
Great place to work...
Catering Attendant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 25, 2017
Good place to work if you get the hours. Pay is good. Comes with benefits, only thing is benefits don't kick in until a year later which really sucks.
sometime a fun place. but a lot of work
Lead cook (Former Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJNovember 19, 2017
it like working in a high profile restaurant for the pay of a fast food restaurant.. the day was always good to start. and the pace of keeping busy was a daily exercise experience.
Pros
free lunches fun co-workers
Good Company
Conference & Event Planner (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 13, 2017
This is a good company to work for. This is a fast paced position that allows you to learn and grow within your career. The work atmosphere gives you flexibility and is very family oriented.
It ok,until the management team gets use to you
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2017
Management sucks. They will humiliate you in front of your co-workers. HR is unprofessional,talks to you like you are in 4th grade. And the head of the team is somewhat of an a##hole,and if the head acts that way then the others follow. They will work you, but rarely tell you how good you make them look. They don't really know their jobs and are really getting paid to just hang around. So much that if someone spills water on the floor in the cafeteria, 4 people stand around looking at it,and make a simple task, super extra,and it becomes the highlight of their day..
Pros
The workers
Cons
Free food
Nice company to work for
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 7, 2017
Nice company to work for. Would highly recommend. They're all over if you want to transfer. Management is great. I just need to grow and do more..
Pros
Nice people
Cons
No growth
Discriminatory
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 3, 2017
I was let go after 4 & a half years of overworked biased, racist, sexist, age discrimination & all around pressurized poorly managed culture based in Slave driven fear!

I had a work related injury that was treated like an old horse put out to pasture! I failed in my attempt @ being compensated for the bad treatment I got from Compass Group USA!

When I was in good standing with the company, I tried to advance into their corporate offices, but was turned down flat 3 times for no good reason.
Pros
Cons
All bad
Lack of Leadership
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 2, 2017
Every account is different. My experience was with a manager whom acts like she is in high school. If you question her, you have just received a target on your back. This company will over work you until you mentally breakdown. No company culture. They have a knack for promising incentives and then never delivering. Even if you have a great crew, eventually management breaks them down and everyone is miserable. Save yourself the trouble and try to find a company that actually treats you like the human being you are.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
everything else
Working at Compass was very stressful for me
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 1, 2017
I could have been better if they wasn't trying to give my creditably to someone else.The most enjoyable about the job was working alone when the job were small but when I needed help my assistant was called to help someone else. But the manager wanted to give her all of my credits and she did nothing at all I enjoyed the job but not the staff.
Pros
I learned from some of the best but was not respected
Cons
discriminating
Payroll Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 28, 2017
If you ever worked in a call center then you how the environment can be. scheduled lunches and breaks, if you even got to take them. long hours and under paid
A great place to start
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32810October 26, 2017
If you're looking to get into the food industry then Compass is a great place to start or advance in your field. I learned a lot about different foods and ingredients from the Head Chef.
Pros
Paid vacation, sick days, discounts
Cons
long hours standing
Great company
Senior Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Greensboro N.C.October 22, 2017
Chef driven. Great benefits, management very engaged. Very diverse. Good work life balance. This company is very driven to improve employees skills by providing excellent training oppertunities.
lackm of Advancement
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 18, 2017
Lake of advancement. Poor working conditions. improperly trained supervisors. Underpaid and over worked. Dangerous parking conditions from work location
The worst
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2017
If you're thinking about applying, don't. Management is awful. Everything is your fault, no backing for doing the right thing, started off working 8 hour days...turned into 12+ hour days. Pay was terrible.
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
See review
Nice co-workers
Senior BI Developer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 14, 2017
Co-workers are friendly, you will have some flexible time to learn. The managers will allow you to express your opinion which is nice. I would recommend this company.
Terrible
General Employee (Current Employee) –  Teaneck, NJSeptember 1, 2017
Working for this company can be very stressful if you do not have professional management and its makes an easy job very hard. Please reevaulate this company if you are on the lower end of a job position
Fun
Chef de Cuisine (Current Employee) –  Morristown, NJAugust 31, 2017
Nice working here love it been working herd for a year looknung forward to upgrade my position in this great company and keep on growing in the future
Sucks
Custodian (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 29, 2017
I wouldn't send anyone to this place the pay sucks really bad i was there way to long and wasn't making any good money this is a starter job for someone that is in the need of finding a job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7