Compass Group

Compass Group Employee Reviews

not so fun
Prep Cook (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYJune 30, 2015
Job is good. Managers don't want to pay. We are short staff and they still don't want to pay. More work but less pay. #Stressful!!
Nice place to work.
Dish Washer / Prep Cook (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2015
Very nice people willing to work with your schedule and comfortable work environment. The managers are very nice to work with.
Corporate setting
Vendor Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 26, 2015
Pros: Employee appreciations
Cons: Lunch rooms on some levels were not accommodating
I came into Compass Entry Level. I now have 5 yrs of Accounting experience. The hardest part of the job was heavy work load. The most enjoyable part was accomplishing it.
Chef/Manager
Chef Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2015
Pros: great work enviorment
Cons: N/A
Recognized as a dynamic and results-driven leader, offering extensive experience within the culinary industry, including corporate dining settings and high-profile fine dining venues • Continually develop new and savory dishes utilizing local, regional, seasonal and organic foods • Performance demonstrates attention to the finer details in strategically planning and executing corporate dining services • Accomplished in managing and providing hands-on instruction to a wide range of culinary professionals • Achieve and exceed challenging operational and fiscal objectives through the application of strong management, leadership, analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills • ServSafe Certified
Decent but unreliable company
Retail Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee), Pueblo, COJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, fun atmosphere, fair pay
Cons: Lack of job-security, Sink-or-swim mentality regarding advancement
Worked several positions over the course of two years. It is a fun line of work, but disappointingly unreliable as a consistent source of income. If you're management, you run the risk of losing your job should the account sign a new contract. If you're hourly, you run the risk of not getting steady hours.
Productive work place
Cashier/Cook/Housekeeper (Former Employee), Norfolk VirginiaJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: No cons
Typical Day. coming in helping with getting food ready for post office cafeteria, when thats done being the cashier.All this was what I enjoyed doing and meeting people. Co-workers were great.
Under bad leadership
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), DallasJune 20, 2015
Pros: Good work and life balance
Cons: bad leadership
Work under pressure a fast pace environment with over 50 micromarkets in Dallas/Ft worth Area and around north Texas. Consists of driving across the managed areas with market inspections.
Sparks Morrison in Fort smith is a Miserable place to work
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARJune 18, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Their contract with sparks has expired so have a back up plan
I strongly caution anyone applying for any position at the Sparks Hospital location in Fort Smith Arkansas. This place is filled with managers who at first seem nice and personable but they all ended up being conspiring work place bullies. I was a supervisor there for a year and over that time collected awards supporting my skill and work ethic. I was promised higher positions with in the company that were never extended to me. They target people who catch on to their illegal activity who will stand up for what is right by falsifying documents that lead to multiple peoples termination. They have many lawsuits pending, there are people that have worked there for decades with no raises, they will rob you of your vacation pay upon termination as well you will not see a vacation pay out. Me calling the hr 1800 hotline for help with a hostile work environment lead to my termination. They even falsified documents to unemployment when I opened up my claim in which case I was denied. Sou chefs , salary paid managers , and chefs at this location are over worked severely underpaid for their education and skill, and their health is visibly effected from the stress. On top of that Sparks Hospital is not renewing their contract with compassgroup/morrison So any position that they post as a permanent or long term is really temporary. They have been using new hires as place fillers until Sparks takes the account over to re brand and re staff. Through this I learned to stay strong in the face of adversity and not to put too much trust in a persons smile and promises. May God be with anyone brave enough to put their self through this ses pool. Maybe the energy is bad because the whole food service department used to literally be the morgue at sparks a few years back . Do your research and read other reviews as well. Be blessed
Great Company
DIRECTOR OF DINING SERVICES (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 16, 2015
Manage contract food service on three campuses for private school. Great co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the students and working with the faculty and staff.
I Really enjoyed the Job a good company, Fair Benefits,
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Lakeland FloridaJune 13, 2015
Pros: accepted job to move to next level, alot of training that was very nice
Cons: Former Client did not plan for Growth, Account should have had a Sous Chef, Revenue 14 Million Dollar, not enough Storage, Sysco Food Delivered 6 Days A Week
I enjoyed the job assistant was automatically Promoted
out of desperation due to a client change

When economy hit hard in (2008 Managers at this Location in Lakeland ) did not get a raise for 2 1/2 years

My Job And Strength in what I did ,
Heavy High End Banquet events, and special Menus.
I Trained the staff daily on procedures Grilling, Roasting, Sauteing, Braising, Frying, HACCP techniques and recipes
the menu Changed Daily and was fresh every Day a very big Challenge 5 Action Stations all Different, Changing every Lunch & Dinner

Con: Sysco Ocoee Florida, Poorly managed the Account

Taught the Staff to think on their Feet Back up Plan For Everything
Resort style Food On A College Level

I Cooked Daily For (10) Students then Trained Staff to prepare Heavy Diet Restrictions IE
Celiac, Vegetarian ,
Good company to work for with many opportunities.
District General Manager (Former Employee), Bloomingdale, ILJune 10, 2015
Pros: Good people to work with and for.
Cons: Expectations were many times unreasonable to meet.
I enjoyed my tenure with Compass Group and the people I was able to work with and for. The company has many good things to offer to their employees. The largest struggle is that the company is similar to all very large companies with many silos creating it difficult at time to meet their expectations.
Great People to work with
Cook/ Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Longview, TxJune 9, 2015
Pros: Insurance and benefits
Working with the People there really makes the stress of work enjoyable. The staff is always helpful, fun and energetic
Overwork/underpay
Server/cashier (Former Employee), Albany, NYJune 9, 2015
They will work you as hard as they can and pay you as little as they can get away with. If you are a student at the school with chartwells don't waste your time and don't get used by them.
Administration/Customer Service (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 9, 2015
Pros: Supportive co-workers
Cons: No advancement opportunities for me.
Learned new skills during my tenure at Compass Group. My co-workers were very supportive. Very relaxed atmosphere on the average.
driver
Driver/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAJune 8, 2015
Busy from the time you get there, lots and lots of driving and delivering mostly in the city. I had one of the hardest routes so I was constantly putting in overtime
Flexablity of owning your own company was great.
Owner (Current Employee), Fort WorthJune 8, 2015
Pros: I was the Boss
Cons: I was the Boss
Had to hustle up clients and sell my services. Then create what ever graphics and or products the client needed. Order materials for production runs. and maintain the books. I learned a lot of what not to do and especially efficiency, time is truly money. I also was able to spread my wings a designer and take on larger projects that where challenging me as a designer to learn new ideas and techniques.
store and management
cashier (Former Employee), danes deliJune 4, 2015
i really liked this store because i started as stocking shelves and moved my way up to cashier and even was used to open and close all of the store locations. the only down fall was our director was very disorganized and she yelled and cussed at her employees and vendors
Compass Group is a great company to work for
BATEMAN SENIOR MEALS (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: This job was attached to a contract
Cons: It was a very rewading job, I felt good helping eldery people.
Supervise daily operations, control cost and provide customer service.
I learned how to provide healthy and balance menus to elderly people.
It was a great management team to work for and had a great team work
The hardest part of the job was that it was a contract management job and ended when the contract was not renew.
What I enjoyed the most was that I was offering a nutritious meal to elderly people
great place with a good team
Cashier Clerk/ Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: N/A
I go into work and start helping with cooking, while also making change for the cashier,doing inventory,balancing the safe daily,run to the bank if needed,make signs for the day,and once a week do my orders for food.I have learned about financials while moving into management. I work with a great team and we work well together.I enjoy working with my team and all the customers.
Fast paced, always busy, lots of traveling
Vendor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 27, 2015
Busy from the start, lots of driving, learned time management, enjoyed seeing new places and meeting new people. Each day was different depending on weather, location and the sales for the past week.

1 2 3 4 5

About Compass Group

Compass Group plc is a global contract foodservice and support services company headquartered near London, United Kingdom. It – Read more

Compass Group Salaries