Compass Group
1,011 reviews

Compass Group Employee Reviews

Compass
Cashier/Deli Prep Clerk (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Good food
Cons: over worked short staffed
Compass group is a good company however small with little advancement opportunities and not enough revenue for employees they could use more locations and more variety of products for customers.
Busy workplace
Runner (Former Employee), Redmond,WAJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Diversity, Employee appreciation
Cons: minimal growth/advancement
Great place to work, constantly busy with lifting, pulling, driving with 100+ cases of soda, papers and juices also detailing kitchenettes around Microsoft campuses. Management is great. Co-workers are fantastic. I enjoyed meeting individuals from all around the world. Microsoft campuses are very diverse.
I would never refer anyone to work for this company, not even to my enemies.
food industry (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: 1 executive chef that I have respect for. I do have to give him props.
Cons: always had a problem since day 1. I have been there for 1 1/2 years. that is very sad.
Poor management, management yells constantly at you for their enjoyment, you are constantly belittled by management, you are called out constantly by management in front of all your coworkers, you are told that you can't do anything rite and that your best will never be good enough by management. God forbid if you have a family member dieing, you won't be able to go see them before they die cause they need you to be at work. Most managers/supervisors are very non-professional. Management curse at you, hump the air, and fast in enclosed spaces and wave the stink towards you. Management will do their best to find anything they can to be able to write you up. You can try to give your new ideas for specials, but don't waste your time, they always have something better in their eyes. I think this is the worst place that I have ever worked in my 23 years of experience in the food and beverage industry.
cook
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), charlotte ncJuly 21, 2015
Pros: meeting people
Cons: short breaks, management was poor
very unprofessional, hospital setting an very strenous work at all times. no breaks giving ontime, no team work very demanding learned nothing
average company to work with
Food Service Director/Chef Manager (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 20, 2015
The company is a get in there and do it type of company. You learn how to work safe work hard and work an honest days work. It is a fair company to work for, they will pay you well and have great benefits.
Making sure the customers enjoy the service we provide.
Dietary Supervisor (Former Employee), PennslvaniaJuly 7, 2015
Pros: the different people i meet
Cons: A unhappy customers
I have learn a lot working with compass group. A typical day at work is working with the residents to make sure that their needs are meet. The enjoyable part of my job is the diversity of the workplace and the people I meet on daily base. The hardest part is having a customer leave not feeling satisfied .
not so fun
Prep Cook (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYJune 30, 2015
Job is good. Managers don't want to pay. We are short staff and they still don't want to pay. More work but less pay. #Stressful!!
Nice place to work.
Dish Washer / Prep Cook (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2015
Very nice people willing to work with your schedule and comfortable work environment. The managers are very nice to work with.
Corporate setting
Vendor Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 26, 2015
Pros: Employee appreciations
Cons: Lunch rooms on some levels were not accommodating
I came into Compass Entry Level. I now have 5 yrs of Accounting experience. The hardest part of the job was heavy work load. The most enjoyable part was accomplishing it.
Chef/Manager
Chef Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2015
Pros: great work enviorment
Cons: N/A
Recognized as a dynamic and results-driven leader, offering extensive experience within the culinary industry, including corporate dining settings and high-profile fine dining venues • Continually develop new and savory dishes utilizing local, regional, seasonal and organic foods • Performance demonstrates attention to the finer details in strategically planning and executing corporate dining services • Accomplished in managing and providing hands-on instruction to a wide range of culinary professionals • Achieve and exceed challenging operational and fiscal objectives through the application of strong management, leadership, analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills • ServSafe Certified
Decent but unreliable company
Retail Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee), Pueblo, COJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, fun atmosphere, fair pay
Cons: Lack of job-security, Sink-or-swim mentality regarding advancement
Worked several positions over the course of two years. It is a fun line of work, but disappointingly unreliable as a consistent source of income. If you're management, you run the risk of losing your job should the account sign a new contract. If you're hourly, you run the risk of not getting steady hours.
Productive work place
Cashier/Cook/Housekeeper (Former Employee), Norfolk VirginiaJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: No cons
Typical Day. coming in helping with getting food ready for post office cafeteria, when thats done being the cashier.All this was what I enjoyed doing and meeting people. Co-workers were great.
Under bad leadership
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), DallasJune 20, 2015
Pros: Good work and life balance
Cons: bad leadership
Work under pressure a fast pace environment with over 50 micromarkets in Dallas/Ft worth Area and around north Texas. Consists of driving across the managed areas with market inspections.
Sparks Morrison in Fort smith is a Miserable place to work
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARJune 18, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Their contract with sparks has expired so have a back up plan
I strongly caution anyone applying for any position at the Sparks Hospital location in Fort Smith Arkansas. This place is filled with managers who at first seem nice and personable but they all ended up being conspiring work place bullies. I was a supervisor there for a year and over that time collected awards supporting my skill and work ethic. I was promised higher positions with in the company that were never extended to me. They target people who catch on to their illegal activity who will stand up for what is right by falsifying documents that lead to multiple peoples termination. They have many lawsuits pending, there are people that have worked there for decades with no raises, they will rob you of your vacation pay upon termination as well you will not see a vacation pay out. Me calling the hr 1800 hotline for help with a hostile work environment lead to my termination. They even falsified documents to unemployment when I opened up my claim in which case I was denied. Sou chefs , salary paid managers , and chefs at this location are over worked severely underpaid for their education and skill, and their health is visibly effected from the stress. On top of that Sparks Hospital is not renewing their contract with compassgroup/morrison So any position that they post as a permanent or long term is really temporary. They have been using new hires as place fillers until Sparks takes the account over to re brand and re staff. Through this I learned to stay strong in the face of adversity and not to put too much trust in a persons smile and promises. May God be with anyone brave enough to put their self through this ses pool. Maybe the energy is bad because the whole food service department used to literally be the morgue at sparks a few years back . Do your research and read other reviews as well. Be blessed
Great Company
DIRECTOR OF DINING SERVICES (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 16, 2015
Manage contract food service on three campuses for private school. Great co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the students and working with the faculty and staff.
I Really enjoyed the Job a good company, Fair Benefits,
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Lakeland FloridaJune 13, 2015
Pros: accepted job to move to next level, alot of training that was very nice
Cons: Former Client did not plan for Growth, Account should have had a Sous Chef, Revenue 14 Million Dollar, not enough Storage, Sysco Food Delivered 6 Days A Week
I enjoyed the job assistant was automatically Promoted
out of desperation due to a client change

When economy hit hard in (2008 Managers at this Location in Lakeland ) did not get a raise for 2 1/2 years

My Job And Strength in what I did ,
Heavy High End Banquet events, and special Menus.
I Trained the staff daily on procedures Grilling, Roasting, Sauteing, Braising, Frying, HACCP techniques and recipes
the menu Changed Daily and was fresh every Day a very big Challenge 5 Action Stations all Different, Changing every Lunch & Dinner

Con: Sysco Ocoee Florida, Poorly managed the Account

Taught the Staff to think on their Feet Back up Plan For Everything
Resort style Food On A College Level

I Cooked Daily For (10) Students then Trained Staff to prepare Heavy Diet Restrictions IE
Celiac, Vegetarian ,
Good company to work for with many opportunities.
District General Manager (Former Employee), Bloomingdale, ILJune 10, 2015
Pros: Good people to work with and for.
Cons: Expectations were many times unreasonable to meet.
I enjoyed my tenure with Compass Group and the people I was able to work with and for. The company has many good things to offer to their employees. The largest struggle is that the company is similar to all very large companies with many silos creating it difficult at time to meet their expectations.
Great People to work with
Cook/ Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Longview, TxJune 9, 2015
Pros: Insurance and benefits
Working with the People there really makes the stress of work enjoyable. The staff is always helpful, fun and energetic
Overwork/underpay
Server/cashier (Former Employee), Albany, NYJune 9, 2015
They will work you as hard as they can and pay you as little as they can get away with. If you are a student at the school with chartwells don't waste your time and don't get used by them.
Administration/Customer Service (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 9, 2015
Pros: Supportive co-workers
Cons: No advancement opportunities for me.
Learned new skills during my tenure at Compass Group. My co-workers were very supportive. Very relaxed atmosphere on the average.

1 2 3 4 5

About Compass Group

Compass Group plc is a global contract foodservice and support services company headquartered near London, United Kingdom. It – Read more

Compass Group Salaries