Compass Group

Compass Group Employer Reviews

Fun Place to work
Set-Up Coordinator (Current Employee), charlotte,n.c. 28227November 20, 2014
A typical day at work work was to set -up meeting rooms, I got to meet alot of people from the Bank Of America.I work as a team to provide the perfect set-up for all clients,It was enjoyable to know that all clients were satisfied with what they ask for, we also provided each client with food of their choice.The management team work with us, what I – more... learned from working at compass is team work. – less
Poor management but decent benefits.
HR Operations Support Analyst, Senior Coordinator (Current Employee), Redmond, WANovember 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
The management is not ideal, however, the benefits package is worth it.
Varied Day to Day
Director, Food and Nutrition Services (Former Employee), Dallas, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: schedules. main businees monday thru friday weekends off
Cons: a lot of meetings and everyone has a opinion
Handle the overall operations from Catering events, Retail and Patient services. Over 85 employees and five Salaried Managers.Management team worked well together and everybody wanting to learn and progress in organization
FUN WORK PLACE
Cook (Former Employee), Horsham, PANovember 17, 2014
GOT TO MEET MANY NEW PEOPLE.
I GOT TO LEARN NEW THINGS AS FAR AS KITCHEN WORK
poor leadership, no support or training, unrealistic workload
General Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 14, 2014
Pros: weekends off
Cons: poor leadership, hostile work environment, low pay, long hours, unprofessional
In my thirty year career, traversing four cities, cooking at casual to four diamond restaurants, an ocean front resort, and a catering company I have to say that my short time with Compass Group was a complete shock and an utterly miserable experience. The interview process was ok but I was offered a position at one location and then they changed it – more... to another location when I started. The area manager was a complete mess, unorganized, neurotic, stressed out basket case. The regional people were not concerned with what was happening on a store level. There was no concern for work / life balance. From what I could tell, management was beaten into submission and hourly staff ran the place.
In hindsight I should have seen the warning signs. Why are they constantly listing for people on a local level? Why is the turnover so high? They can’t keep good people because the organization is corrupt.
I hope this helps others avoid a mistake. I would strongly recommend avoiding Compass and its affiliates. – less
Non student Maybe but not for a current student
Customer Service (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 14, 2014
Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extensions and service requests. Calm disgruntle callers, repair trust, locate resources for problem resolution and design best-option-solutions.
caring group good company to work for
Head Chef (Current Employee), Cockatoo islandNovember 13, 2014
Pros: supporting career progression.
Cons: n/a
Been with Compass for the last 4 years the company ESS look after their employers. I start as solo chef at Whim-creek camp.I had the opportunity to learn food safety. I have progressed to the position of head chef. Compass supported my progression.
Cafertia
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 12, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the customers.
Ever Changing Company
Catering Manager & Asst. Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, WANovember 3, 2014
Pros: creative design
Cons: instability
Overall implementation of catering orders as well as cashiering and customer service, payroll, paperwork, payroll etc.
Hardest part of the job was the instability, locations were opened and then closed sometimes within a year, you had to constantly relocate in order to keep employed.
Fast pace enviroment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Norfolk, VANovember 2, 2014
• Grill, cook, and fry foods.
• Clean food preparation equipment, work areas, and counters or tables.
• Take orders from customers and cook foods requiring short preparation times, according to customer requirements.
• Grill and garnish hamburgers or other meats such as steaks and chops.
• Restock kitchen supplies, rotate food, and stamp the time and – more... date on food in coolers.
• Perform food preparation tasks, such as making sandwiches, carving meats, making soups or salads, baking breads or desserts, and brewing coffee or tea.
• Plan work on orders so that items served together are finished at the same time.
• Complete orders from steam tables, placing food on plates and serving customers at tables or counters.
• Perform general cleaning activities in kitchen and dining areas.
• Accept payments, and make change or write charge slips as necessary. – less
Good
Food Service Director (Former Employee), ColoradoOctober 30, 2014
Good Company to work for upper management was fair and helpful
Lousy work place
Saucier (Current Employee), Redmond, WAOctober 25, 2014
Cons: everything about the company, a soul sucking black hole.
I have worked for compass group for a year now . when I started, I was told that they hire from within, but when an opening came available they would hire someone whom had never worked for them before. the staff consists of mainly non English speaking immigrants from third world countries. Typical day of work was arriving onetime but not being able – more... to clock in because management was slacking off with the schedules, – less
Poor operations to deal with. Management only cares about numbers and not your well being. Have to abide by disc profiling and using sales funnel
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits, a car was given to you to use, the commissions were good
Cons: horrible operations department. management needs to learn some speaking skills. cut throat company
I learned how to read people by using the disc profiling method. There is no honeymoon period in getting your quota going monthly. I worked with some good people there who became my friends, but watch out for the brown nosers who will stab you in the back with a smile.
overall good place to work
Western Reserve Director of Food Service (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 15, 2014
Pros: good managers to work for.
Cons: left too soon
Had a couple of really good guys to work for. Was able to use my experience to manage my way, resulting in the desired results [Director of the Year twice in 10 years]. On the road the last couple of years was hard on family life. An enjoyable way to spend 12 years at work.
No room for growth
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLOctober 15, 2014
The company promised promotion within 6 months, after 8 there were lateral opportunities.
Good work/quality of life balance
Kitchen supervisor (Former Employee), Woodbury, NYOctober 9, 2014
Good workplace, typical workday was doing ordering inventory, managing labor and staff. I learned how to do alot of things on the business side of the operation.
work environment is good
Graduate Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 3, 2014
Feels work place as your home. Management is very friendly.
My overall experience is good.
Accounting Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 28, 2014
A typical day is very busy. Work closely with customers.
The hardest part of the job is it is very time consuming.
Excellent company with great benefits and support resources
Director of Food & Nutrition Services (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, good management, family first philosophy, and advancement is uncapped.
There was not a "typical" day which kept things exciting. I learned from numerous resources including management, chefs, dietitians, safety managers and many more. The hardest part of the job was leaving after the account was lost. Most enjoyable meeting great people with great attitudes!
The christmas party is good.
Cashier/Blimpie Lead (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: free 15min break
Cons: vacaion, health, sick days etc.
My station is very organized.
How to understand customer who have a bad day and need to express their emotions on to me.
The company might want to have mangers refresh their management
skills on how to talk and communicate to employees.
I get alone with all of them, just as long as they do there job.
Making it through the day with know problems.
The – more... encounter with customers and employees the stories that I hear. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Compass Group

Compass Group plc is a global contract foodservice and support services company headquartered near London, United Kingdom. It – Read more