Compass Group Employee Reviews

Hard Low paying position
Service Utility (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJApril 23, 2017
Don't work for them, management not trained properly, lack of inventory control & Big time game as far as who can do what & who will do everything that the favorite employees won't do. Unfair to new hires.
Terrible Management
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2017
The management is poor and does not care about their employees. Management is messy and shows a lot of favoritism. Employees do not work as a team because most don't want to do their job. Salary sucks compared to work needing to be done. Turn over rate is VERY high. Wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
Customers were great
Cons
Overall work place is poorly organized
Great summer job
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Groton, MAApril 20, 2017
Great staff. Close knit. Top quality food. Pretty good at pay. Takes care of its employees. Provides uniform and anything else you could possibly need. Great human resources
Loved working for Compass Group
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 20, 2017
I loved working for Compass Group. (Eurest).
Trying my best work for them again. This time I will retire from Compass Group. One of the best companies that i ever worked for.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Not still working there
Work Rate
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  West Point, PAApril 20, 2017
Very fluid work rate and good working relationship with othe units and managers.

A lot of standards and information is ready available to assist in day to day operations.
Pros
Close to home
Management is horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 19, 2017
Management is very rude and treats you like garbage. Coworkers are nice and fun. The jobs they have you do are pretty easy for the pay you get. The workplace is decent.
Pros
Coworkers
inequality, lack of training
Baker (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 18, 2017
Problems are not often fixed but rather people get tired of asking for things to be fixed. The customers are often rude. Frequently I was thrown into doing other jobs that I was not trained for and received no training for. I was not supplied with safety equipment IE a cutting glove, and was fired for not wearing one. Hard workers and rewarded with more work and those who are slower workers get away with doing little, leaving it to everyone else to pick up the slack. Often people would be written up for offenses while staff members got away with this same offenses regularly. They will say "this is how its supposed to be" and it will be, and then once they are gone it will revert back to how it was.
Pros
free meal
Cons
lack of training, apathetic staff heads, inequality amugst the staff
Very Fun place to be
Starbucks (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 17, 2017
I absolutely love working at Starbucks as a barista. So much diversity and wonderful people you will meet during your time there. I love the people I work with and my reliable manager. She is absolutely amazing and understandable.
Pros
Free lunch
Not a place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILApril 17, 2017
I would not recommend this job to my worse enemy! The management is poor and do not solve problems. They would rather forget it and carry on. People are very clique-ish and if you are not in they you will have a hard time.
They don't train you properly. They just throw you on a line and expect you to wing it, but if you do do something wrong watch out!
They expect more out of the employees that actually work and that is quite stressful! Seeing other co-workers not doing anything, laying their head down, or checking their phones makes you not want to be there at all.
Pay is terrible for the work and so are the benifits!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Co-workers, management, training
Company is good, my manager was not
Learning Center Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2017
The company itself is actually a good company. My manager and team lead, however, were manipulative and rude. When I complained, I was told that I needed to just grown a thicker skin and move on.
Slave Plantation
Driver (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 13, 2017
Worst management,Very Unprofessional,Drivers are completely under paid and hold all responsibility. 500 dollar bi-weekly checks, mostly convicted cons if not all.BEWARE
Pros
Shift
Cons
BEWARE Don't go here.
good place to work
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAApril 12, 2017
A great place to work, you can play ping pong or on the wii anytime you want as long as your work is caught up.Every year there's a company picnic somewhere that you can bring your family. Managers door is always open to discuss anything.
Pros
BBQ's, breakfasts
Cons
health care could be better
Very hectic
Sue Chef (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 11, 2017
They dont like to give raises even when proving your worth. They dont seem to care who their managers are and will pick just anybody.. They are blind to see whats going on inside. They do however give vacation pay. U earn paid days. Only bad thing is u must take those days off before a certain time.. U canot save them up
Pros
If u love to cook you get to...
Cons
U have to pay for ur food which is taken out of ur check and your not praised for ur hard work
a very fun workplace
line cook (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 11, 2017
very fast pace. a lot of micromanaging but also very fun when ever i worked without the managers. long hours and a constant schedule. You always knew your days off and when your work.
charwell
Driver/Courier (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 8, 2017
i rellay in joy working with compass group its just job end it was a good job to help grow and to move up in the company i due miss working with charwell
A day in the life of me!
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Newtown, PAApril 8, 2017
prep for breakfast and lunch. nice atmosphere and great group of employees.

Really not helping me to find a job in Florida.

They don't give you enough hours.
Challenging Role
Best Practices shared
Training
Conducted audits
Vast travel across the Country
Pros
Subsidized food in Field
Cons
Lack of Engagement with Leadership
Alright
Barista (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2017
It's an entry level position and easily maintained if that's all you're looking for, light work and responsibilities. Specific location has/ had problems with management and employee relations. Paperwork loss and harassment issues.
Poor management and doesn't stick to vision and mission statement.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Lapeer, MIApril 5, 2017
The management techniques are terrible. VERY high turn over rate, due to poor treatment, hard work, and low wage. Enjoyed my job much more before this company​ took over.
Pros
Cook pay
Cons
A great and fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 5, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and building customer relationships. I had customers who noticed and missed me when i wasnt at work and i missed them as well. The hardest part of my job was probably dealing with managers that was unfair in certain circumstances. Overall I loved the job, my co-workers and my relationship with my customers.
Pros
fun atmosphere to work in
Cons
sometimes unfairness within company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval