Compass Group

Compass Group Employee Reviews

Compass Group is a great company to work for
BATEMAN SENIOR MEALS (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 28, 2015
Pros: This job was attached to a contract
Cons: It was a very rewading job, I felt good helping eldery people.
Supervise daily operations, control cost and provide customer service.
I learned how to provide healthy and balance menus to elderly people.
It was a great management team to work for and had a great team work
The hardest part of the job was that it was a contract management job and ended when the contract was not renew.
What I enjoyed the most was that I was offering a nutritious meal to elderly people
great place with a good team
Cashier Clerk/ Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLMay 27, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: N/A
I go into work and start helping with cooking, while also making change for the cashier,doing inventory,balancing the safe daily,run to the bank if needed,make signs for the day,and once a week do my orders for food.I have learned about financials while moving into management. I work with a great team and we work well together.I enjoy working with my team and all the customers.
Fast paced, always busy, lots of traveling
Vendor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 27, 2015
Busy from the start, lots of driving, learned time management, enjoyed seeing new places and meeting new people. Each day was different depending on weather, location and the sales for the past week.
Come in, Prep food, Cook food, Clean and go home
Line Cook/ Server (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 27, 2015
Be at work by 5:30 prep food until breakfast was served from 7-9 the clean, prep and change over for lunch. Serve lunch from 11-2:30 then begin cleaning and prepping for the next day. Work Monday- Friday. My Manager "Patrick Egan" was amazing on all levels, time management, keeping orders on time and always having what we needed. My co-workers and I got along great for the most part aside from one. Hardest part would be to have all the prep work done daily being that there were only 3 cook to feed 1000 people. I got to serve the food to everyone and that interaction was quite enjoyable for the most part, although some days you just have a bad day and don't want to interact with people, and I still had to smile through it. Those days were the hardest I think.
Fairly laid back.
Grill Cook (Current Employee), Plattsburgh, NYMay 23, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, nice co-workers
Cons: Lack of work when college is out.
As long as you follow correct protocols and get your work complete it's a fairly stress free environment. Pleasant co-workers.
Working in a college was fun
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 22, 2015
Pros: working around students
Cons: short breaks and the managers often messed up payroll information and delayed checks
It was an amazing experience being able to work in Marymount Manhattan College. I learned to be a cashier within a week and no training.
Great Benefits
Environmental Services Lead (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNMay 22, 2015
Good place to work, management is a little scattered when it comes to consistency and its hard to advance in the company.
good place to work where the whole team work together.
Cook/Server (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2015
Pros: get to eat what ever is on the line
Cons: short breaks
start by getting what you need to start your day.things are easier when the team works together even management helps if needed.coworkersare always willing to give you a hand the hardest part is the stress when you are extreemly busy trying to make every one happy. knowing that you did your best
Not what I thought it would be.
Catering Associate (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: not enough breaks, horrible management
I learned quite a bit about food safety, kitchen safety, as well as how to prepare various things in the kitchen. What I was most disappointed by was management. I was belittled, prejudiced, and yelled at, countless times. I love most of my coworkers.
Not a fulfilling job
chartwell Casher (Current Employee), Springfield, PAMay 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: poor management . need more hours and pay rate
typical day-(10-1pm) open register; fill the drink container,ring the children's when they come to cafeteria.
help cook- main meal, pizza, vegetable and soup of the day,s-
wash dishes, trays, cafe tables at end of the day
Managment -is poor. coworkers only do their job Not really a family type environment
hardest part of the job is watch certain people do all the work and the other half complain they have to do their job
Enjoyable part is talking to the children when they come thru my line.
Productive job that allows you to make a difference in someones else life
Operations Manager, Environmental Services (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2015
I typically manage 30 plus employees. I learned that being a manager takes more than just filing paperwork. Your employees are a split image of you, so you must come to work in high spirits, very inspirational and ready to produce. I think our management team could of been a lot better. I like my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was inconsistent hours. I love making my employees happy and changing people lives in the hospital.
Great envirnment for teamwork.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMay 15, 2015
Pros: Never board, any and all departments could use extra help.
Cons: Percentage raises of 3%
I enjoyed working here. There was always something to do to keep busy. There were many departments to work in, so I learned alot about working in a company kitchen
fun work place, lots of comrade, easy shifts
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHMay 11, 2015
easy work
cashiering is super easy due to the fact that almost every customer is paying with their meal plan card
management is usually very easy to get along with
In charge of all operation, in the kitchen as well administrative.
Sr. Sous Chef (Current Employee), Oakland, CAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Friendly enviroment
Cons: A lot of associates were not properly trainned.
In charge and accountable to keep operation moving toward better financials and great client relationship. P&L and administrative functions were hitting the goals set by the company. Hiring, instructing, helping associates understand how and why we were serving our costumers. Great satisfaction to see associates learn and develop skills that even they did not know they have it.
My employment with this company has been a good experience.
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Hermiston, ORMay 9, 2015
Fast paced working environment. Very strict in following rules and guidelines. Complete satisfaction for the job well done at the end of the day.
Personal Beliefs And experiences
Server (Current Employee), Lexington, KYApril 29, 2015
The people in management at compass group are not very understanding. They also do not value employees well being or personal issues. They are rude and disrespectful. Worst job that I have ever held.
Great to meet new people
customer care, preparatory (Former Employee), Wise, VAApril 29, 2015
Working with the college students and getting to know them as well as other staff was very rewarding. The overall atmosphere was very laid back and a good place to work.
fun place to work
Food Service Manager ST-johns university (Former Employee), Queens, NYApril 28, 2015
Pros: great staff
i learned a lot and honed my skills great management team excellent mentors great staff . it allowed me to be creative and use all my skills
Great company to work for
General Manager Crothall Laundry Services (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 25, 2015
Pros: 3 personal days/ year
Cons: none
7 days of operations, I have learned the financial and how to manage the P&L and be a successful manager.I consider the hardest part of any job is an opportunity to learn and growth. I most enjoy the diversities of the people i am part of.
Terrible training
Conference Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 22, 2015
Nice company to work for, but as far as the training it was really hard for you to do your job when no one had given the correct direction to go on.

1 2 3 4 5

About Compass Group

Compass Group plc is a global contract foodservice and support services company headquartered near London, United Kingdom. It – Read more

Compass Group Salaries