Compass Group Employee Reviews in United States

Very good first step in culinary career
First Cook (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMay 22, 2016
Worked with FLik and they dealt with scratch cooking. Everything was fresh and they encouraged creative cooking. They also have a good mentoring program.
Enlightening Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 19, 2016
During my time at Compass Group I learned customer service skills that I carry with me now. The patience I learned during my time there is invaluable.
Was dedicated to this job for almost 30 years
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Blountville, TNMay 19, 2016
i worked almost 30 years for this company. i started out as a route man and moved in to supervision several years later., It was a very physical job and i abused my body for many years leading me to find something else that i could be more of an asset with my mind and ability to problem solve versus 12 to 14 hours on a route truck training new people, filling in for vacations or running the route due to someone quitting. This is a very demanding job and the turn over for route personnel was quite high.
Pros
dependable job, good benefits
Cons
changes in upper management, physically too demanding after all the years ive worked this job
No room for advancement
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2016
Overall the company offers good pay,if u are lucky enough and u find a good manager is gonna give raise quick ...they mostly don't care about you,only about the job be done,i used to worked in compass in Exxon Mobile Campus ,a lot of stress and some managers are really nasty ,human resources don't help ,they take the complaint and that's it!!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Super short brakes
Great pay
Retail Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 6, 2016
Long working hours. Great co workers and perks. It was a while ago, so I do not remember much about the company. Management would not always clearly communicate.
Reliable, Stable
Executive Chef. Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  CTApril 20, 2016
Compass is a huge international company, well organized and a great alternative to the restaurant industry. I have had a good time and learned a lot. Senior Management is great. Can move around throughout the companies associated with compass.
Pros
Competative Pay/ Benifits
Cons
NA
Amazing company to work for
Chef in Training (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXApril 16, 2016
I loved my time with Compass Group. I was taught how to do my job and everything was explained if I didn't understand. They truly care about the employee and if the employee is liking their job. They offer additional training and classes that they pay for of your choice. They had respect for the customer not only to their faces but behind their backs as well. Very top notch place to work. I would work there again in a heartbeat!!
Pros
Curtious, Kind, Informative, Hardworking supervisors
Cons
Hardwork
Aramark
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 15, 2016
ARAMARK gave me my first salaried position. I laterally moved three times with this company to learn new areas for my development. Ii was one of 26 managers on campus and the first to be promoted to my own unit.
Pros
Advancement
Great People Great Oportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 15, 2016
I love Compass culture, but all depend on the DM or top people in you area. Compass have great rules, is a great place to work but if in the road you find somebody with racist mentality or simply the dont like you spirit they would cut your wings.
Pros
job security, advancement, great coworkers
Cons
you can find people in the company that judge you for you race, color or nationality.
Unreasonable expectations. No support from upper management. Stab in the back culture. There is just nothing good to say.
chef (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 13, 2016
Do yourself a favor go to work for Sodexo or Aramark you'll be glad you did! Nothing the headquarters of the company sends out via the computer ever works correctly, which means you have to spend endless hours on the phone with computer help desk. Training consists of a meeting where they show you what to do then they send you off to do it at your account with a "good luck"'
Pros
Monday through Friday schedule
Cons
Everthing else to do with this company
Good company to work for if you find a good fit. Coworkers are mostly easy to get along with. Management is good to a point.
Cook/Chef (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAApril 11, 2016
Fun if you're in the right station. Management is good. But lack of communication is horrible. Everyone gets a su chef "tag" when half don't even deserve it. There is politics. So if you're not used to it or you can't stand that sort of thing I would say pass!!! Co workers are good. Work life balance is one of the best for sure.
Pros
Easy to move up the ladder if you're wanting to. Just make sure you know what you're doing
Cons
Lack of communication among management.
Great Company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 29, 2016
I enjoy working for this company. They expect a lot and I like being challenged. I get the hours I want and they are pretty flexible with my school schedule. I'm actually learning more about myself working here and how to handle certain situations that may come along.
Great company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 29, 2016
Compass Group is a progressive organization that treats its employees fairly and pushes them for success. Compass has multiple management programs that are available to staff.
work style
Director of Food Service Operations (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MI 48331March 28, 2016
Great work environment, professional, great growth, lots of opportunities to grow, and learn, just need to be able to travel in order to advance fast
Pros
proffessionals
Cons
travel distance
Professional to some degrees
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 22, 2016
Worked as Dishwasher and eventually worked up to prep cook

Cleaned and sanitized all dishes and kitchen equipment.
Cleaned and reorganized pantries and coolers.
Removed built up residue on all equipment
Restored and maintained newly cleansed kitchen and equipment
Pros
Free lunches, free beverages, gym membership
productive and fun place to work
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 21, 2016
I start work at 6 am I'm a cashier I have been in the company for 19 years and I learn how to manage the place been a floor supervisor, Head cashier, manager and customer service I get along with my co-workers we treat each other as a family. The hardest part of the job is dealing with customers but I'm a very pacience person and like to manage the situation in a very calm way and to solve the problem the customer have in a very proffesional way I like working around people.
Pros
free lunches, benefits
Cons
short breaks, no opportunity to grow
overall it was productive and for the most part fun.
General cleaning of food prep area (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 15, 2016
overall it was an okay job. some of the co-workers were fun to work with. the hardest part of the job was cleaning up. the most enjoyable part of the job was working at Marcos.
Pros
discounts cards
Great company to work for
Director of Nutritional Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 7, 2016
If your looking for a company to grow with in foodservice and many other area's, then Compass Group, USA is the company for you.
Hardest part of the job
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 6, 2016
I have to travel 40 minutes one way thru traffic on 98. It is getting a bit frustrating and I really would like to find a closer job to home. Really love working for the company but there is no other locations and hard to advance.
N/a
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMarch 5, 2016
Great company. Loved the job, people were good to work with and for. Recommend for anyone looking. Schedule was always consistent.