Compass Group

Compass Group Employer Reviews

Food, Food and more food!
Office Manager / Lead Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 19, 2015
I enjoyed my time working with great employees and management. The unit i was working at had many events, and top culinary chefs (in my opinion).
A great people to work with.
Customer Service Cashier Receiver (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no, breaks, only lunch time.
Assisted manager with supervision responsibilities, including handling returns, refunds, and analyzing completed customer services.
very fast moving company - always revolutionizing new ideas and processes.
Food Service Director (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAFebruary 13, 2015
I have been with the company for 5.5 years now and my day consists of reviewing financials for locations, daily guidance of junior managers as well as strict QA standards and policies, daily cash reconcilliation, management of all hourly employees at my home unit, and reporting to upper management on a weekly basis.
Fun safe and fast pace
Corporate Event Planner (Former Employee), Redmond WAFebruary 13, 2015
Great place to work with great management team to lead you in your roll as well as any advancement you might want. I would work wit this company again in the future
very good work enviroment
Executive Chef (Former Employee), NCFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: time off for vacation
Cons: understaffing your establishment
executing menu options to meet company standards.
food cost variables
adiquate staffing.
ensuring employees have company standards.
establishing comradery.
conclution of the days work
Great Place to Work
Catering Assoc (Current Employee), Winston Salem NCFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: flexiable schedule
Cons: long hours
Working with people to help them receive proper nutrtion is a blessing. This job is very rewarding in more than one way. I love the hours gives me time for personal and family life..
great
Executive Chef (Current Employee), Rhinebeck, NYFebruary 7, 2015
It is a great company to work, well diverse atmosphere with great personalities. The benefits are great too and the care about their employees.
Good Company to work for.
Catering Director (Current Employee), Naperville, ILFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: can be slow at times
Good company with positive outlook in the industry.
There are lots of room for advancement throughout the nation.
Early start to the day and ends at normal time.
Good work life balance.
not bad
ops supervisor (Former Employee), queens nyFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: flexible
Cons: management
poor management, colleagues were pretty nice. flexible schedule, pay was ok for entry level position. no training given, learned as i went along
productive fun place to work
COOK/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Morristown, NJFebruary 3, 2015
one of the best jobs Ive had. Managment was great staff and students were welcoming and friendly.reccomend to all great place.
Great company within the food service management industry
Proposal Center Manager / Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: everyone has got to eat
Cons: job could be demanding at times, like any other company
Compass Group North America was a great place to work, They are a large global company and have an excellent culture which transferred to the employees.
Great people to work with and abundance of cultures
Manager ADDS II (Current Employee), San Marcos, TXJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: lunch is provided
Cons: have to pay for parking permit
Management is always walking around and is very visible to be seen at almost all locations. Learning new things on the daily basis is quite simple and co-workers are very friendly. Enjoy seeing my coworkers and employees.
very productive job
Custodian (Current Employee), College Station, TXJanuary 25, 2015
Cons: short breaks
I work around Texas A&M students. I cleaned at one of the many buildings here on campus. I learned how to work all sorts of machines such as, Buffers, extractors, furniture cleaners. I learned how to use different chemicals. The hardest part of the job is maintaining the cleanliness of the building because the building is constantly with people walking and sitting. I enjoy this job because I get to meet new people and form new friendships
Good job, terrible work environment
Management (Former Employee), Carterville, ILJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: bad hours and extremely hostile work environment, abusive director
I worked at a location in Carterville Il, my director was terrible. I was management. She was uneducated and threatened our jobs daily. It was the type of job that you didn't know how your day would be until you found out what her mood was like that day. My fellow employees and I would actually call each other on our way into work to find out what the "mood" was that day. We where constantly cussed at and belittled. Every 6 months she would make us sign a piece of paper, calling it a contract. In reality, a contract is an agreement between two parties. This was a piece of paper that increased the work load and not the pay. I worked there for 5 years. The only thing I miss about that job is the great benefits. After I left, my director contacted me wanting to come work for her at the facility but under the table, that meaning work for cash. I told her she could not pay me a million dollars to work for her again. The company meant well, she is what ruined the job for me. She is the reason we had such a high turn over rate. I never called in sick one time and gave two weeks notice when I left. Again, if it were not for my director, I would still be there.
worked with some great hourly employees and built strong teams
Director of Food Service (Current Employee), Somerset, NJJanuary 24, 2015
large company in the industry with great possibilities for the individual.
productive and fun place to work
Line Cook/Garde Manger (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 23, 2015
I loved preparing the salads and desserts everyday, I had the best co-workers ever. The hardest part of my job was training other people.
A Typical Day At Work
Cashier (Current Employee), North Brunswick, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: low pay
All the workers have been there for numerous amounts of years back to when I was a student at the High School. They are a joy to be around and there is nothing but constant laughter and fun.
The kids make it enjoyable as well. Some kids come and look so sad and all it takes is the right comment or compliment to put a smile upon their face.
take care of guest need
Cafe associate/catering (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2015
a typical day at work was steady and fun and full of laughter, the manager usually left me by myself since i was a dependable employee and it was a great work enviorment
daily routines changed
Prep Cook/Cook (Former Employee), Salem, ORJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: short breaks
co workers were fun helpful caring management would talk to on a equal level and understand your problems , being used in many different areas every day the routine was different every day
Great job
Day Cook (Former Employee), Gulf of MEXICOJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: nice rotation, great overtime, love the people
I worked twelve days. I cooked two meals lunch and dinner. Two times of week i had to the grocery

1 2 3 4 5

About Compass Group

Compass Group plc is a global contract foodservice and support services company headquartered near London, United Kingdom. It – Read more