Compass Group

Compass Group Employer Reviews

Fast food
Cashier/prep (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2014
I loved this Job this was my 2 job I was like 16 or 17 when I got it I loved everything about this job my bosses my coworkers hate I had an miscarry
productive and fun work environment
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 21, 2014
Pros: health care, off on weekends and holidays
Cons: short breaks
I would in in the mornings and prepare for my day. I worked in the food court area at Wells Fargo Bank. I came in contact will many people, Wells Fargo is a very Diverse Company. I work very well with my co workers, we worked as a team to help each other.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), west hempstead nyAugust 20, 2014
Completely flexible schedule and an abundance of work hours available.
Great place to work, some of the corporate culture can be improved.
Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 12, 2014
Pros: benefits, environment
Every day was a great day at work; employees were great regardless of the location. The corporate programs were excellent but somehow I feel they could have been implemented sooner than they did.
Food Service
Nutrition Coordinator (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: miserable
Over worked, under payed, management is all about themselves.
Was not happy here.
Long Hours/ Short Hours
Cook (Current Employee), Redmond WAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: lunch partially compensated. weekend and holidays off
Cons: long hours or unpredictable work times.
Often 12 13 hour days. Then periods of short 5 hour days and short weeks.
compass group review
Chef Manager (Current Employee), Bloomington,INAugust 9, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits, weekends off
Cons: little family interaction through the week. incredibly stressful.
A typical day is 12 hrs at least. Some days it can be up to 14. I've learned that the job I hold isn't just one position. It's more like 3-4 rolled into one. Management is great and incredibly helpful. My staff is hard working and dedicated. The hardest part of this job is seeing my family for only 2-3 hours a day. I'm in bed early and up early. I enjoy – more... being able to make people happy by serving them quality food quickly. – less
Productive and fun enviroment to work in
Cook (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCAugust 7, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: having to relocate
Typical day at work involves feeding 150-200 people . Learned to cook and basic management skills for restaurant. Friendly work environment.
great work place
District Executive Chef (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 6, 2014
fun job to work at. learned a lot of new skill sets management is great. co-workers are great to work with. Long days. Catering are so much fun.
Fast paced friendly work environment
USA/Canteen Dining /Chef-Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 6, 2014
Pros: fast paced, friendly people
Cons: distance
A typical day at Compass-Canteen is busy. I have learned so much while working here. I was in charge of scheduling, ordering, making sure payroll was correct, keeping up with food cost and inventory. Management is very helpful and motivated to keep the operation running smoothly.Co-workers are great at working together to accomplish anything that needs – more... to be done. The hardest part is time management. As a manager, you are responsible for every aspect of your dining facility, so time management is very important. The most enjoyable part of my job is putting out quality product that makes customers come back. – less
fast pace environment
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee), Novi, MIAugust 2, 2014
Pros: helping others
Interacting with people everyday was the most enjoyable part of the job. Learning how to use the machines and setting up rooms was a fun experience.Teaching co-workers was a very rewarding part of the job.The hardest part of the job was always having the right supplies to complete a job on time.
Family atmosphere
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Oberlin, OHJuly 27, 2014
Pros: the people
I worked in a kitchen. The area consist of cooking machines for various types of food.
great
(CSU) Cashier (Former Employee), cleveland ohioJuly 27, 2014
I loved it I would like to attend csu sometime because of compass group everything and everyone is wonderful
Job Work/ Life Balance
General Manager/Executive Chef (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2014
The great thing about Compass is that they believe in having a balance for your family. Compass also believe in growth. I started in 2007 as a cook and six months later moved into the Executive Chef role. Currently in the role of General Manager.
Field Specialist
Field Specialist (Former Employee), CharlotteJuly 20, 2014
Pros: choice of working hours
Cons: pay and working along permanent hires after you were hired as temp
I worked at Compass as field specialist in their new "2.0" conversion of the accounting department. What a joke. Managers are nothing more than robots who spew prewritten messages - no one really knows how to do anything since everyone does the work their own way. They expect you to be customer service on a system that they don't train you on and refuse – more... to do so, hold senseless meetings and play senseless games during weeks where deadlines are looming and then critize for not meeting the deadline.. All that is important to them is whether you have a smile plastered on your face at all times and how easily you are programmed to be pro Compass. specialist are brought in on a temp basis in waves while at the same time hiring permanent people for the same position - this company didn't have anything to offer that would make a relatively intelligent person want to work there. – less
n/a
District Manager (Current Employee), Columbus OHJuly 19, 2014
Currently looking to make myself more marketable. We'll educated in the environmental sector and well as in Facilities.
Love this Job
Executive Chef (Current Employee), Turlock, CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: great healthcare, free food and starbucks
Ste up program for utilizing the Sustainable Garden. Worked closely with University Presidents and faculty for large scale events. Love the team I get to manage.
unorganized and confusing place to work no open communication
invoice clerk (Former Employee), Winston-Salem,NCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: grandfathered in benefits
Cons: no clear communication
no typical day as we were in transition from Compass purchasing Shaffner Coffee Company. No clear management. I learned I should have started looking for a job sooner. Hardest part of job was leaving without a clear sense of when I was getting paid. Most enjoyable part of job was getting laid off.
Busy office no two days the same.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Moline, ILJuly 8, 2014
Pros: lunch was provided and i worked early and was done early in the afternoon.
Cons: people calling off.
Opened Office in early morning, answered busy phones, handled calendar for food service director, opened mail, called vendors with problems and ordering, helped in lunch room when someone was absent, daily and monthly reports, collected and handled paperwork for new hires. I was the administrative assistant for the food service director and her assistant. – more... The most enjoyable part was that each day was different. – less
never any fun. Always a struggle never any help from the district
Executive chef (Former Employee), largoJuly 7, 2014
Pros: loved the client and the concept as a whole
Cons: budgets out of range. not set up for success
Although I learned a lot, I did not have a choice I was thrown into a situation and promised support, consequently, was overworked and my attention to usual details was thin. Our client demanded more attention to their employees and upper management was aware of the issue but refused to support the team at hand.

1 2 3 4 5

About Compass Group

Compass Group plc is a global contract foodservice and support services company headquartered near London, United Kingdom. It – Read more