Compass Group

Compass Group Employer Reviews

productive and fun place to work
Line Cook/Garde Manger (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 23, 2015
I loved preparing the salads and desserts everyday, I had the best co-workers ever. The hardest part of my job was training other people.
A Typical Day At Work
Cashier (Current Employee), North Brunswick, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: low pay
All the workers have been there for numerous amounts of years back to when I was a student at the High School. They are a joy to be around and there is nothing but constant laughter and fun.
The kids make it enjoyable as well. Some kids come and look so sad and all it takes is the right comment or compliment to put a smile upon their face.
take care of guest need
Cafe associate/catering (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 17, 2015
a typical day at work was steady and fun and full of laughter, the manager usually left me by myself since i was a dependable employee and it was a great work enviorment
daily routines changed
Prep Cook/Cook (Former Employee), Salem, ORJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: free meal
Cons: short breaks
co workers were fun helpful caring management would talk to on a equal level and understand your problems , being used in many different areas every day the routine was different every day
Great job
Day Cook (Former Employee), Gulf of MEXICOJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: nice rotation, great overtime, love the people
I worked twelve days. I cooked two meals lunch and dinner. Two times of week i had to the grocery
Top Notch Company
Food Service Manager / Director of Retail (Former Employee), U-Mass DartmouthJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: everyday was different.......... not boring
Cons: long days, never a break, constant employee turnover (150+)
In my many positions within Compass / Eurest, I have never had so much fun. So classy and organized. Best company I have worked for. I ended up being a Floating Manager and traveled all over N.E.. Slowly it began to effect my family, now they are older and understand
Decline to comment
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAJanuary 10, 2015
Decline to provide comment on employer in terms of job, work life balance, compensation, benefits, management, job culture.
Do not waste your time with this company
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: most weekends off
Cons: serving terrible product, poor work ethic, no hr policies followed, poor treatment of associates, managers doe not lead by example
There is a very good reason why they have so many open positions all the time. If you are talented and have a positive career do not join this group. There is no culture or development. There are several people in upper management who have no idea what they are doing.

Do not take a job with this company. You will regret it.
harsh company to work for
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), West Des Moines, IAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: new people
Cons: short breaks
very little compassion towards hourly employees and there is no work life balance either you're at work or you're nothing to them
Rude
Catering Associate (Former Employee), Gadsden, ALJanuary 6, 2015
This company is not very friendly. The good thing is you get hours and the breaks are great but the overall company itself needs to do better with the people they hire. They do not work with you if you are in school. The managers and employees yell at each other and it just overall was a bad experience.
Fun.
Catering associate (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 6, 2015
Working for Compass was great experience. Within the time of being employed for compass I enjoyed every bit of it. I learned plenty for this employer, not to mention the great associate that I met on the way.
Awesome company to work for
Unit Lead (Former Employee), Garysburg, NCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great managment, great opportunities for advancement
Cons: small units have tuffer time staying open
This was my first cooking job. This job made me take a notice that I had a talent for cooking. I started off as a cashier and ended up as the unit lead before that canteen closed. So Compass group gave me a lot of opportunities for advancement. I was offered another job at another location but it was to far to commute. But again that's how I knew that was a great company to work for.
Sign the dotted line... you belong to us now.
Audio Visual Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte NCDecember 29, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: everything
I worked for Compass Group for 9 grueling months in Charlotte, NC, and hated every day of it. Management was a joke. Everyone was chasing their tails trying to make the client happy, with no clear direction from anyone. Part of this is due to the client: Bank of America. Their culture is very similar.

I was the Audio Visual Manager, however job responsibilities included everything. From delivering catering, to room setup, to troubleshooting equipment that did not belong to Compass. Extra responsibilities never bother me; I don't mind working to help the team. But doing the job because the company is unwilling to pay hourly workers to come in is unnecessary. Add to that the expectation to work the minimum of 50-60 hours per week, and be on call on your time off. I could have dealt with all of that if management didn't treat you like dirt. Once you get your first paycheck, they send a list of expectations. And it gets longer every day. I traveled with the company to other BOA locations on the east coast, and the sentiment was the same.

I personally would avoid this company.
Motvated food serving professional with 18 years food service experience in the cafeteria.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Newark, NJDecember 28, 2014
Neats clean and professional appearance. food handling knoledge willing to work under pressure knowledge of basic food preparation works well under pressure
HANGING OUT
Chef Cook (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: free gift
Cons: family meal together
my typical day at work is, when i got busy, i don't realized when the time passed by, and I'm ready to home.
I learned how to acknowledge customers, and being taking care of them in a good manner.
I learned how to mange by coaching, teaching, employees.
I treating my co- workers with respect and dignity.
The hardest part of my job is how deal with customer complaints.
The most enjoyable part of my is; when the customer gave good feedback about the services received.
Meet alot of good people while working there. Loved my co-workers
Cashier/Cook/Customer Service (Current Employee), Mount Sterling, KYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: new management
In the past it was a great place to work. It was laid back, but we worked hard and got the job done. Everyone worked together for the common goal. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers.
Nice Job
Cashier/Prep cook (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNDecember 11, 2014
Pros: nice job
Cons: pay period
always shifting and always new faces things change often, needs higher wages
Decent Company - Tough Industry
Catering & Food Service Director (Current Employee), North Wales, PADecember 8, 2014
Compass Group has a wide variety of job choices and career paths.

The company is a well run food service company with a lot of opportunity and training opportunities if you're willing to put in the time. It's a tough industry so you have to LOVE what you do.

Tough culture and work life balance, but if you truly LOVE food service they are a good company fit.
Excellent Management and corporate structure
VP Operations (Former Employee), Garden City Park, NYDecember 7, 2014
Pros: company car, heath care, dental, retirement fund
Cons: small bonuses, no place to advance to.
I get into work at 4:20am daily and check on the dispatch for the day. Make sure all work can and will be completed. Discuss any issues the drivers have. After all drivers have left, do payroll for the company, handle customer complaints. Talk with sales force on any issues they may have. Motivate the work force on all levels, host safety meetings with all company staff. On of the hardest parts of my job is dealing with the many different personalities each day. One of the most enjoyable parts of my job is motivating the workforce with positive energy.
fast paced environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 2, 2014
Pros: rotating weekends
Cons: short breaks
i enjoyed the people i worked with and the fact i was making a difference every time i was on shift.

1 2 3 4 5

About Compass Group

Compass Group plc is a global contract foodservice and support services company headquartered near London, United Kingdom. It – Read more