Compass Group Employee Reviews

challenging but rewarding if you are up to it
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2018
great hours for spending time with the family. i gained a lot of industry experience with that company working up through the ranks to the position of executive chef without a culinary degree. proving that if you put the time and effort in, you will be rewarded
It was fun making food for the inmates
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COFebruary 16, 2018
It was fun making food for the inmates but, the inmates liked to take advantage of me. That is why I got fired because they did not measure out the food properly.
Pros
cooking the food
Cons
management
Good place to work and experience
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 15, 2018
It was a good job to work at and the people their are great but it’s time to look for a new job and get more money and just sit back and take care of your family
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Highly stress enviorment
Patient Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOFebruary 15, 2018
Worked 50+ hour per week. Over worked with short deadlines. Unrealistic expectations from management and company. Great benefits and 25 PTO days per year.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Too many work hours per week
Job Based
Chasier/Worker (Current Employee) –  MississippiFebruary 15, 2018
With a job you are there to work, but sometimes you get along with co-workers as well. In this job I did and I didn't and helped me learn to do the job given.
Pros
management, payment
Cons
co-workers
No room to advance
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTFebruary 15, 2018
Company was not willing to give deserved raises, with no real chance for advancing your career. Compass would rather replace than grow associates. Management expects you to work overtime and does not stick to company policies.
Pros
overtime
Cons
unnecessary stress, no growth chance, poor communication
Collaborative workplace with great staff
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montevallo, ALFebruary 15, 2018
I worked with Compass Groups for three years. During this experience, I had ups and downs. The management and the staff were always understanding willing to help in any way that they could. I was able to form new friendships and work in a great environment.
to much change in upper management which in turn made managers quit with no suppport
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  DMVFebruary 15, 2018
Compass need to do a better job of taking care of the employees who make the who they are. They expect you to make them money but do not care about the well being of the people who work for them.
Pros
steady pay check
Cons
long hours, rude upper management, short staffed, no training.
Fast paced with little rest every single moment
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, INFebruary 14, 2018
It's like working at a diner that's constantly prepping for a lunch/dinner rush. The higher ups where ruthless and the breaks where so short the time walking to the break room ate up a quarter.
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits that I saw.
Good Company
Cook - Premera Blue Cross facility (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 14, 2018
A comfortable environment. Most of the clients were respectful and nice to be around.
Typical day was always busy.
You learn to juggle more responsibilities, as you become short staffed.

Management was okay on the property itself, very helpful when questions came to mind. As well as picking up the slack, and did not have to do so, when we were short staffed. Did not act as if they were better then us. Felt very comfortable. Management was also very complementary each day of us.

Hardest part of the job was-- the power play between employees, one in particular who was trying to get others to do their job constantly, sitting and taking too long of breaks, so others never got their break due to that happening.
With all that happening management told us we must clock in and out for breaks we never got as corporate was giving them a bad time of us not clocking out for our breaks.

The clock in and out system with a automated phone system, that felt like it took forever to get through the prompts.

Enjoyable part was, the sense of humor of the management as well as some others we worked with and clients as well, this helped to lighten the mood. Hearing nice complements of the foods made and served as well as those menu items put in grab n go centers. Problem solving for clients in a stressful situation and making it right for them in some way.
Pros
Good company as a whole. Present manager is a nice person to deal with. They paid well.
Cons
Uniform top was ugly color and the hat just made us all too darn hot all the time, our heads could not breathe so to speak! Much of the time short handed, did not get breaks due to short staffed, but told to clock in and out for them.
ok place to work
house keeping (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAFebruary 13, 2018
This was a part time job, that is a cleaning service. A typical day at work consist of mopping, sweeping, vacuuming and sanitizing rest rooms. It wasn't a great place to work but it helped with the bills.
Pros
a few extra dollars a moth
poor management
Keep everything stocked between shifts and cashier (Former Employee) –  Mt. Vernon, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Only seemed to care about 1st shift. I worked 3rd and 1st shift is what she worked. it was frustrating how much management didn't care unless it was them on the chopping block. our needs were below theirs.
Family working environment
Morrison Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 13, 2018
A typical day for me would be to come in and ensure that all of my employees were present. I would either start with catering or assigning tilts to cashiers. I worked closely with the director of the department, so I did payroll, customer service, etc. The workplace was diverse. The hardest part of my job was completing payroll. It was only hard for a period of time until management out their foot down about employees not punching in and out. The most enjoyable part of my job was assisting the customers.
Pros
Customers
Benefits
job is ok
Baker (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAFebruary 13, 2018
I was told i would be baking from scratch more than i am, i work with mostly men and women over 50, and college students. Management hires mostly relatives and fires anyone else they hire almost immediately, there was 23 supervisors that came in and left last year alone. Because its a union job, seniority is everything. getting fired is next to impossible. its decent pay and amazing benefits but because we dont work when the students are off its hard to keep up with bills and save. its a good job if u dont care if u enjoy it or not
Pros
free food
Cons
management sucks
Dedication to our Residents
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF HOSPITALITY (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Every person, was more than a customer, we worked in their home, so everything had to be perfect!

The reward comes from the smiles, the hugs and the satisfaction of our Residents!!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Losing a Resident
Over all a very strong firm.
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2018
My territory required a willingness to take on a long time competitor in order to win business over the long run. A sales cycle of 12 to 24 months was not part of the strategy seen as viable toward winning immediate business.
Pros
Great deal of training
Cons
Mired in old sales delivery tactics
Professional Casual Attire
Claims Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2018
Filing Documents.
Collaborate with co-workers on work related cases. (Billing).
Assist managers in daily administrative functions.
Comfortable environment.
Meeting deadlines, to cut back over time.
Working with pleasant co-workers.
Pros
free lunches
benefits
stressful
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Stressful, work at a faster pace, Management wasn't good at all. You have to many chiefs not enough Indians meaning that everyone wants to be the boss.
team work and driving safe
Delivery Driver /Server (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 11, 2018
team work and driving safe with the customers
I was learning work with my coworkers and supervisor
I like when my team is so friendly and responsible
I like work when my place work is clean and the environment is nice.
I like when the job is so funny and its like your home
Pros
free launch
Cons
i like breaks
fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHFebruary 11, 2018
it was a fun place when i worked there! just cant take some of the mangers serious or to personal. must be a hard worker other wise i wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
free food
Cons
not enough smoke breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.