Compass Group Employee Reviews in United States

same
chef manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NJMarch 4, 2016
I have been cooking in the business all of my life and can run any kitchen that needs to ran correctly . I know all facets of the running of a kitchen like ordering, inventory, menu planning , reviews for employee's etc... I am a very hard worker it is what I'm known for.
Busy Busy Busy
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 3, 2016
I learned a lot working for Compass. Mostly about how to deal with large group of associates and how to manage effectively.
unorganized and no support or training
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  New MexicoMarch 3, 2016
12 plus hour work days with one day off a week
everything I learned, I learned on my own
Management appeared lost and had no vision or direction
Co workers were unhappy and very negative
The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out what little processes were in place and dealing with the constant call offs and getting stuck at work because no one would show up for there shifts. I found some enjoyment working with customers and the client.
Pros
parking, meals
Cons
long working days with very few days off
Hated It
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 17, 2016
Worked over 60 days without any time off. Got passed over for promotions while i was told i would be promoted. They hired someone from off the streets to be the new manager instead of me and he ended up begin let go because he didn't work well with others and couldn't do the job right.
Pros
Summers off
Cons
long hour, not enough pay
Corporate corruption looms over every aspect of this job.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 16, 2016
Upper management is rife with corruption. Supposedly there is a "speak up hotline" where employees can report activities which go against the Compass Group/Chartwells policies UNLESS that activity happens to be from upper management. If you try to report wrongdoing by upper management, the phone line to the speak up hotline just rings in an empty room and they effectively shut you up by ignoring you. Some of the worst business ethics I have ever seen and it reflects very poorly on their contracts with schools.
Pros
Co-workers and students are wonderful.
Cons
Corporate corruption affects every aspect of the job.
Crothall and Touchpoint Sectors
Patient Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 8, 2016
This company is big and has excellent programs that have been developed and implemented at corporate level. There is a gap between corporate and regional areas.

This company is supposed to be an expert in support services, but in my experience within the two sectors in which I worked, there is a lack of training and sharing their process with managers. The only training I received was wage and hourly online training as well as how to apply for FMLA with staff members.

I am disappointed in the consulting life, as there is quite a bit of opportunity, but hard to be successful without the right tools to have a successful account.
Cons
Training, process
terrible place to work
cook (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 28, 2016
I worked here for years and was made to do other people's work to make the managers look good and they will throw you under the bus the first chance they get. They will make you work sick, with broken bones, and they don't care how much damage they cause
Pros
free food.
Cons
everything
busy, productive
Cafe Hourly Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 27, 2016
cashier and having conversation with clients and get to know them and what kind of food they would like to eat breakfast and lunch. you get to know them personally as well
Fun and creative
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOJanuary 26, 2016
I consider this job as a creative one. I worked under my supervisor but she gave us the opportunity to use our creativity during work.

Planing the event and organizing the event was both fun and difficult sometimes. The weather challenged us sometimes but we did fulfill the demands of our clients.

We worked as a team most of the time so we exchanged our ideas and helped each other.

Mostly planning and organizing the event. Fun and challenging.
Cafeteria cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2016
Restock condiments, plastic utensils. Attend customers at the cashier register. Great company to work for. Job stability, flexibility. No room for growth or advancement

I have had the pleasure of meeting and working with wonderful people within my company and the firm.
People focused and great opportunities
Food service worker (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 24, 2016
Friendly people with lots of opportunities for growth in different sectors of food services nationwide. There are trainings for development offered constantly. The people who I work with are organized and helpful. Even if an account closes, the company tries to transfer and find other openings for you versus leaving you behind. Pay is competitive with other companies. They even give you wellness pay during the holidays.
Pros
Wellness pay and benefits
Great Hours
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 19, 2016
It is hard to beat the hours. Compass has provided mw with the opportunity to be home at nights and weekends to be with my kids. It was also a pleasure to be around the family during the holidays.
Pros
Great HOurs
Cons
Less pay then restaurants
Productive and educational area of work
Catering Lead / Café Attendant (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJJanuary 14, 2016
I started my day by viewing and organizing the different food orders and delivery times; after completing this step, I proceeded to collect all the different food orders and stacking food dispensers in such an order where I could deliver food at different locations quickly. I would engage with the kitchen staff to discuss the upcoming menu orders and deliveries. I would set up dining room and tables in a way where it would display an elegant format for the customers.
good company bad pay
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2016
Nice Manager but pay rate is not good , no end of the year bonus, and your work isn't always recognized(you don't always get the credit you deserve)
benefits
Cons
Money
Do not go into field accounting here!!!!
Associate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 6, 2016
Work you like crazy, and will not help when needed. YES, they assign you a "mentor" but they are usually no help there. They are often too busy or just worried about themselves. There is no work life balance. They do offer to help you with school but there is no time to go!

The management there is no help either...nor is HR. I could not get out of there fast enough.
Pros
good pay
Cons
No work life balance, long hours, too much work on certain people while not enough on others.
Compass may be great but that wasnt my experience.
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 15, 2015
I am not able to have a work life balance. My typical days are 8-12 hours. Constant demands with little reprieve. Requests made with out the authority to carry them out.
Pros
None for me.
Cons
Entire culture
average
Management, mechanic, truck driver (Former Employee) –  New Berlin, WIDecember 12, 2015
pretty average job ... a lot of nice people and everything is fairly straightforward ... the pay was pretty low considering what you would be doing, but not bad overall
Extremely demanding work environment .
Regional Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 3, 2015
Extremely demanding work environment .
Great people to work with.
Great with training.
Hardest part of the job, dealing with the politics.
A Rewarding Establishment
Chef/Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 3, 2015
Loved working for the residents, who were discerning in their tastes, yet open to new culinary experiences. I learned a lot from the wisdom of their many years of interpersonal relationships and business savoy
Pros
free meals, creative freedom
Cons
micro management
Fast-paced, productive workplace
EXECUTIVE BRIEFING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WADecember 2, 2015
Professional environment with emphasis on accuracy and efficiency. Opportunities to interact with coworkers, clients, and customers on multiple levels. Constantly changing requirements and expectations which provided ample room for growth. Supportive management team.
Pros
Free lunch, full benefits