Compass Group Employee Reviews

Going Downhill
chef manager (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 12, 2015
Working a Monday-Friday in this industry was a sell for me, but the 12-14 hour days during the week are the expectation. As a chef manager you are constantly told you have the most difficult job in the company, but they don't hesitate to throw more and more paperwork at you. This used to be a food first position, but now its all about filling out paperwork in an office for 5 hours a day.
Pros
M-F
Cons
Tons of tedious paperwork
Fast paced got to meet alot of different people.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTNovember 9, 2015
Worked with great co-workers. Always kept busy so day went by quickly. Started very early in morning so we were out by 3 pm. The most enjoyable part of working there was to learn different ethnical groups of people. Always had meetings once a month to converse on problems that might have arisen over the month and ways to cope with them.
Pros
Meal prices based on how many hours you worked a week and very resonable.
Cons
Sometimes did not get a lunch break due to what was being made for lunchto serve to customers.
N/a
Dietary Aide Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJNovember 8, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management . The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Great enviroment to grow and teach.
food service manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2015
Working in foodservice for the past 30 years is a rewarding feeling. I appreciate the daily strive to provide excellent service.
Pros
Meeting and working with great people.
Cons
Working with contract companies, you are not guaranteed a position.
harmonious work place
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 3, 2015
Supportive management, the most enjoyable part of my job was working with all American crew i've learn a lot & i become a productive employee
Pros
free accommodation, meal and transportation
Cons
health care, short vacation
Didn't like it
Dining & Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 27, 2015
I was not happy with my time there. I didn't have an issue with anyone for the most part. Some of the employees were spoiled and got their way which made my job difficult. The director was like a little brat. When you wouldn't bow down, you paid the price.
Great company to work for
Morrison Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 27, 2015
Great company to work for. Great benefits, vacation, growth and great leadership and opportunity for growth. Great corporate support and travel
People satisfaction
Environmental Services Director (Current Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJOctober 27, 2015
Reply and resolve all messages left by residents. Ensure all areas are on schedule with deadlines throughout the day. Communicate with other management as well as residents all day.
Pros
customer satisfaction
Cons
minimal time to complete scheduled and unscheduled issues
Productive.
Lead Food Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAOctober 24, 2015
this job is good place to start. not meant for career. i enjoy working here. its okay and good place to work. over all its an okay place. could be better.
different skill set
Assistant Baker (Former Employee) –  cleveland, ohioOctober 22, 2015
I enjoy the family set that that opportunity allowed me to experience. and the different food palate that I prepared for our large and diverse cliental for should small venue. learning to take on more responsibilities and planning. it was the life changing experience.
Pros
engaging, lively, and welcoming
Most supportive of staff, amazing training and development
Director of Child Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 21, 2015
Compass Group gives all their employees from the bottom to the top the greatest support and opportunities. Best experience in my 40 years of food service.
Pros
Great support, lots of programs in place to make job easier
Cons
Large Corporation
Nice on Occasion
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 18, 2015
The All Around Atmosphere Was Nice and Convenient for a Student, But Management Was Terrible. Two Managers is Particular, One of Who Was Actually Fired Shortly after I Quit.
busy bussiness lots of skills
Operations manager (Former Employee) –  City Of Industry californiaOctober 18, 2015
set up routes for drivers in the mornings.
make sure drivers are loading there trucks fully to perform daily work and have enough product on hand to finish all work.
set up next day routes with customer notes.
set out to trade meet with clients regarding driver issues and needs.
meet drivers at customer accounts help with cleaning and filling if needed.
call drivers mid day to see how they are doing.
return to shop work on corrections and handle accountability reports before drivers get back.
Pros
lots of tasty food to test
Cons
gain weight
the most enjoyable part of job
cook (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 17, 2015
amazing team of management great environment, great schedule of work. good package of benefits. the most enjoyable part of my job is that freedom they give us doing our own daily specials
Pros
free lunch, uniform cleaning, professional environment
fast paced, growing company
CULINARY LEAD / PURCHASER (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 17, 2015
large foodservice company, typical policies, benefits are decent, great team of trained chefs, room for advancement at different levels, a lot about the numbers, not too much on enforcing smaller policies, challenging.
Pros
advancement
Cons
healthcare
stable
Assistant Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2015
great atmosphere great employees managers dont get trained right great stability good pay with good hours i enjoyed working for them would highly recommend to apply within the company
Great emphasis on health and wellness
MPower Administrator & Exec Coord to CFO (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, gAOctober 13, 2015
One of the things I'm most proud of is the fact that the management team places so much emphasis on healthy living and providing good food in a healthy way.
Pros
Chef-prepared leftovers
Cons
Moving further away
High energy workplace for college students to dine at
Cook/cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 13, 2015
Depending on the day, I would perform different duties, but most days I would bounce around to each position such as pizza and pasta, salad bar, grill, deli, bakery, hot line, omelette station, and cashier. I learned how to work well with a team as well as how to better understand foreign students. I learned to communicate better and how to run the place the way the managers did. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep up during a rush when students came in and I had to replace the food as quick as I could. I enjoyed it because it was a fun environment to work in and quite relaxed. People were friendly as well as the students and parents that came in to eat.
Pros
Free lunch, benefits
Cons
Hours were seasonal
Compass Event Planning
Event Planner (Current Employee) –  Redmond, WAOctober 7, 2015
Good place to work. Good work life balance. Managers are all helpful and nice.Worked at the Microsoft Campus so we planned events from small meetings to large summits. Great employees to work with.
Interesting place to work
Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 5, 2015
A typical day at work is fast paced but warm. Working at Compass Group I learned how to pace myself. The management at the moment isn't the best. The hardest part of the day is coming in during lunch hour , being in the way.
Pros
MEAL PLAN
Cons
RAISES