Compass Group

Compass Group Employer Reviews

Accountant (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 5, 2014
It was a good place to work but pay was not comparable and the cost of benefits was high
An extremely BAD place to work
Senior Executive Chef (Former Employee), Reno NevadaMarch 4, 2014
Cons: everything
I have been in this business for 42 years. By far the worst company I have ever worked for. My title was senior executive chef. I was actually an executive fry cook. Upper management is paid very well with bonuses.You are treated very poorly and work extremely long hours with no compensation, although you are told you will be compensated. Basically – more... the company is an extreme joke. Do not even consider a position with this organization, especially in Reno Nevada, at the University of Nevada .If you enjoy an impudent ,insolent, overbearing,reprobate style of management then this is for you.I am completely ashamed to have worked at the University of Nevada with the Chartwells group. This will be taken out from my resume. The most backstabbing cowards I have ever met. I cannot say enough negatives about this organization at the University of Nevada Reno.Have to go.....I am sick to my stomach............ I can be contacted in Reno, if you choose – less
Great clients, not so Great company
FSD (Former Employee), NYMarch 1, 2014
Pros: good clients
Cons: no recipe structure, 60 to 70 hour work week (uncompensated overtime...much, much more.
When left alone to run your operation things go well. When they begin to micro manage things fall apart. Upper echelon management is a carry over of the original Flik Int'l operation with it's crony system. Too many personal agenda's by middle to upper management that directly affect morale, job longevity, and customer service. All the outward appearances – more... of support without follow-through, – less
Very sneaky and dirty
Director Dining Service (Former Employee), CharlotteFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: incompetent upper management
Upper management incompetent, they told you when you can take your vacation, expecting you to cut hourly associates to the minimum and put yourself to work, no work and life balance, dirty politics !!! You have to work extra at voluntary mandatory events such a catering events and sports events. Coorporate HR is a nightmare they are a joke!!!
Food Service
Finance/Marketing Operations Manager (Former Employee), Lincoln, ALFebruary 25, 2014
The job you had to come in ready to work, due to this was a food service.
compass group is a wonderful place to work
Catering (Current Employee), Madison, New JerseyFebruary 24, 2014
Good benefits, they let me study and work at the same time.
Good costumer experience.
Great place to work as college student
Student Manager (Current Employee), Winona, MNFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: short breaks
Usually dinner shifts lasts for 3-4 hours only which i think is beneficial for college student to maintain good school life. I work as a student manager managing 20-25 co-workers each shift. Working as student manager boosted my leadership skills as i manage my team efficiently in a facepace workplace.Co-workers are fellow students and they are great.
Conflicting people to work for, non organized, incompentent
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 13, 2014
Cons: too many to list
Review is in regards to a company that branched off of this one but is ran in the same over-all fashion.
Very non organized with different so called "leaders" all telling you a different way to perform your task. Promising to do this and do that when in reality they don't hold true to their commitments. They use cheaper cuts of meat and buy from their – more... own "preferred" vendors (they use a mob type mentality) who do not like dealing with the company at all because of this type interaction with vendors. Many employees not satisfied with the promises made by such company. Terrible organization to work for. A typical day was to be pulled in different directions and not getting anything done. I learned absolutely nothing except how mean the world of management can be. In order to save money they make up outrageous lies in order to FIRE employees who have 10+ years, even 20+ with the company in order to replace them with barely above minimum wage employees. It's horribly rough for the managers who sign on with them then have to be told to fix their broken establishment "this way" when there was nothing wrong with it in the first place. The hardest part of the job was seeing the customers get treated to second rate food products but pay good money. Their was NO enjoyment with this job. They use any means at their disposal to try to "make things work" for their company but ultimately the customer and the patients and the employees lose in the end. It is a shame. – less
Worst company I have EVER worked for
Manager (Former Employee), MidwestFebruary 11, 2014
Compass Group is completely unethical, their management takes on the mentality of management by intimidation, they preach a great work culture but it is anything but that, they lie to their clients and put those on the ground as scapegoats.
Hardest part about the job - EVERYTHING!
Compass Group
Payroll Specialist II (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2014
The company has a lot of employee programs and great benefits. The culture is strong as well. The size of the company makes it hard to learn and have an opinion.
Fast-paced
Cashier (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 10, 2014
Compass Group was a fast-paced position where I was able to interact with customers on a personal basis. Was able to master the company's Point-of-Sale system to train other employees.
Unprofessional, poor compensation, 65+ hour work weeks
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: company car
Cons: poor compensation, unrealistic expectations, poor work/life balance, internal conflicts
Run, Run, Run....

The worst experience I have ever had with an employer. The interview process is tedious and what is presented at time of offer is not what actually happens. Once on board the company does not follow through with all that was offered even with it in writing.

Enormous amount of work involved to sell coffee and vending. Once an account – more... is sold, Operations will drop the ball and cost the sales person their commission.

Watch your back, it is a very manipulative atmosphere. The veterans will work the system and management will turn a blind eye.

I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Consider yourself warned!!!! – less
Very helpful and fun company, a great learning experience with great people.
Graphic Design Intern (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: the people, facilities, the work
Cons: no complaints
A typical day was me coming in and getting my assignments from my production manager. I would brainstorm and concept for a few, then report back and forth with my creative director on my progress.

I learned a lot about the company, new levels of the creative process, and InDesign much better.

Management was very friendly and extremely helpful, they – more... made sure I was well taken care of.

My co-workers were very supportive and would not hesitate to assist me when I had questions or issues.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the work, I loved doing what I was tasked to do, next was the people. – less
Good company to work with
Senior Manager - Internal Audit (Current Employee), IndiaFebruary 3, 2014
Work timings are flexible and have learnt a lot in my employment tenure.
Strong Company with Opportunity
Flik Food Service Director Blue Cross Blue Shield (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 29, 2014
A strong company with room for advancement. Great staff and rewarding job.
boarding school open 7 days a week
Dining Manager (Current Employee), Miltom,maJanuary 28, 2014
Day to day is running the dining hall and creating menu signs as well as monitoring staff and making sure jobs are finished.
I have learned a great deal of patience with this job.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the customer interaction
not proactive, no one likes no one a very hard place to work.
Administrative Executive Catering Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: have great communication with customers
Cons: short breaks, cutting hours, and do not value your job only when they need you.
managers not so great with promotions and if they promote you they lay you off is all about their bonuses and what benefits them.
Productive Environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 22, 2014
Its a wonderful place for learning and for advancement. Lots of wonderful staff whom give you the tools to not only do your job but at the same time grown as a professional.
Awful Company
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: management is terrible
Management is power hungry and breathes down your neck. Very tense. Work location was terrible.
Challenging but good employees to work with.
Safety Coordinator/Manager (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch and breakfast, meeting new people
A typical day would consist of my daily Safety meeting, after that i check employees log books to ensure food and temperature quality. I have learned how to organize and execute challenging problems as they occur. Within this position i have learned how to conduct myself in a more proficient management role to benefit the success of the company. Along – more... with working alongside exxonmobil, i have learned more about safety and how each incident can be prevented. The hardest part of my job would have to be, dealing with the pop up situations that occur while i'm working on multiple projects at once. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be, interacting with my employees and learning from them each day. I enjoy communicating with my employees and letting them know my office door is open whenever they have an issue. – less

About Compass Group

This company points the way to managed foodservices. Compass GroupĀ USA provides catering and dining services to corporate clients, – Read more