Compass Group

1.0K reviews

Compass Group Employee Reviews

good place to work where the whole team work together.
Cook/Server (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2015
Pros: get to eat what ever is on the line
Cons: short breaks
start by getting what you need to start your day.things are easier when the team works together even management helps if needed.coworkersare always willing to give you a hand the hardest part is the stress when you are extreemly busy trying to make every one happy. knowing that you did your best
Not what I thought it would be.
Catering Associate (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: not enough breaks, horrible management
I learned quite a bit about food safety, kitchen safety, as well as how to prepare various things in the kitchen. What I was most disappointed by was management. I was belittled, prejudiced, and yelled at, countless times. I love most of my coworkers.
Not a fulfilling job
chartwell Casher (Current Employee), Springfield, PAMay 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: poor management . need more hours and pay rate
typical day-(10-1pm) open register; fill the drink container,ring the children's when they come to cafeteria.
help cook- main meal, pizza, vegetable and soup of the day,s-
wash dishes, trays, cafe tables – more... at end of the day
Managment -is poor. coworkers only do their job Not really a family type environment
hardest part of the job is watch certain people do all the work and the other half complain they have to do their job
Enjoyable part is talking to the children when they come thru my line. – less
Productive job that allows you to make a difference in someones else life
Operations Manager, Environmental Services (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2015
I typically manage 30 plus employees. I learned that being a manager takes more than just filing paperwork. Your employees are a split image of you, so you must come to work in high spirits, very inspirational – more... and ready to produce. I think our management team could of been a lot better. I like my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was inconsistent hours. I love making my employees happy and changing people lives in the hospital. – less
Great envirnment for teamwork.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Hartford, CTMay 15, 2015
Pros: Never board, any and all departments could use extra help.
Cons: Percentage raises of 3%
I enjoyed working here. There was always something to do to keep busy. There were many departments to work in, so I learned alot about working in a company kitchen
fun work place, lots of comrade, easy shifts
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Bowling Green, OHMay 11, 2015
easy work
cashiering is super easy due to the fact that almost every customer is paying with their meal plan card
management is usually very easy to get along with
In charge of all operation, in the kitchen as well administrative.
Sr. Sous Chef (Current Employee), Oakland, CAMay 9, 2015
Pros: Friendly enviroment
Cons: A lot of associates were not properly trainned.
In charge and accountable to keep operation moving toward better financials and great client relationship. P&L and administrative functions were hitting the goals set by the company. Hiring, instructing, helping associates understand how and why we were serving our costumers. Great satisfaction to see associates learn and develop skills that even they did not know they have it.
My employment with this company has been a good experience.
Head Cashier (Current Employee), Hermiston, ORMay 9, 2015
Fast paced working environment. Very strict in following rules and guidelines. Complete satisfaction for the job well done at the end of the day.
Personal Beliefs And experiences
Server (Current Employee), Lexington, KYApril 29, 2015
The people in management at compass group are not very understanding. They also do not value employees well being or personal issues. They are rude and disrespectful. Worst job that I have ever held.
Great to meet new people
customer care, preparatory (Former Employee), Wise, VAApril 29, 2015
Working with the college students and getting to know them as well as other staff was very rewarding. The overall atmosphere was very laid back and a good place to work.
fun place to work
Food Service Manager ST-johns university (Former Employee), Queens, NYApril 28, 2015
Pros: great staff
i learned a lot and honed my skills great management team excellent mentors great staff . it allowed me to be creative and use all my skills
Great company to work for
General Manager Crothall Laundry Services (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 25, 2015
Pros: 3 personal days/ year
Cons: none
7 days of operations, I have learned the financial and how to manage the P&L and be a successful manager.I consider the hardest part of any job is an opportunity to learn and growth. I most enjoy the diversities of the people i am part of.
Terrible training
Conference Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 22, 2015
Nice company to work for, but as far as the training it was really hard for you to do your job when no one had given the correct direction to go on.
Great culture and stable environment
Assistant (Former Employee), Davie, FLApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Long working hours
Greatly enjoyed my time at Compass group as an assistant. A stable environment with great support from management. During my time I was able to experience numerous benefits that Compass group was able to offer such as tuition assistance.
Productive and Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 14, 2015
It was a Great Experience. Met different Cultural. Everyone worked as a team and met the needs of out customers. Management was there to help right away.
great place to work
Cashier / Daily starter (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 9, 2015
i enjoy working for the company, not a lot of advancement offered, management focus only on money and not employees, co workers seem pleasant but sometimes hire only to fill positions on the spot.
Very good company, with ability for advancement if your are mobile.
District Operational Support Manager (Former Employee), Radford, Eastern USApril 8, 2015
Pros: Must have people skills, The ability to jump in to provide support for other accounts if necessary.
Cons: Didn't have any.
Opportunities galore if you are willing to relocate. They take care of their employees and provide education and advancement for those that excel!!! Training provided on site and at corporate office.
very productive person
deli station (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 4, 2015
Pros: good work place
Cons: any
i am a quick learner!!!!!!!!! i am learned cooking tips, deli prep, and salad prep,my co-workers are super good people the manager is awesome and i don't have nothing bad to said for this job every day is super enjoyable for us special for mi
Very Productive work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Chatham New JerseyApril 3, 2015
Pros: loving environment
Cons: only part time
I really enjoyed working for this company and working with the employees there also. The overall process of getting the meals prepared for the students was overwhelming. I learned about the correct temperatures – more... of different food products. I learned what is appropriate for the student and what is not. I learned how to keep the cash flow of each students account in order. I learned how to set up and break down the eating area. – less
Great Company!
Sous and Chef de Cuisine (Former Employee), aliso viejo CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: none
Had fun here.
Many challenges, and many events.
Weekly revolving menu writing made it exciting to cook
Long days. Friendly staff at both locations I worked at. The Covington Team was my favorite location.
Links