Compass Group Employee Reviews

Working with Compass.
Diet Clerk (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 26, 2017
Be expected to do the work of others (i.e. Management) by way of and "open" job description.
Confused?
They love to insert " its in your job description" when clearly you have no means or method to fulfill said needs unless you your self are a manager.
Poor pay and near "0" chance for advancement.
Pros
free food
Cons
Communication, Management, Structure, High turn over rate
Yes its fun with good perks
Cook (Current Employee) –  Mars Hill, NCApril 26, 2017
Its avgood company to work for.great benifits .good people to work with.great manager .an you can grow with rhe company. Iv been at compass for a year now .
Pros
Perks
Cons
Drama
Hot kitchen to work in
Patient Cook (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TN 37604April 26, 2017
My typical day started at 5am to 1pm. If needed to work a double which was more often than not my day was 5am to 7pm.
I learned to deal with pain in my body from standing on the hard floors all day.
Pros
Meeting some really nice co workers
Cons
The long hours
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, MIApril 25, 2017
You have to love people to work in this setting. Also presentation in food is important to be impressive to the boss. Very easy job if you can cook and maintain a clean environment. This is a great job for culinary majors.
Worst job ever!
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 25, 2017
Crothall healthcare at the university of Penn hospital is not a good place to work. Typical work hours are short but u work 6 days a week with 1 day off and no weekends off! Always short staffed! The management is so disorganized they act like they are listening to your problems but they really don't care! This job is good for someone who doesn't have any real bills to pay or a teenager just trying to pay off school you will at least see a 500$ check and that's without doing any doubles which is coming in early morning and staying until 8 at night! Not worth it!
Pros
Meal tickets
Cons
No break
Great place to work while in school
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYApril 25, 2017
Great place to work while in school. Good environment with great team members and management. Fast paced work. Great communication with team members and managers.
Pros
Communication with managers
I would recommend a friend to work here.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 25, 2017
It was a very fast paced environment which I love made a lot of friends there never had a problem with hours so if you was looking for a fast paced job I would recommend.
Horrible company to work for
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIApril 24, 2017
The management is horrible and some of the employees not professional at all, I've been here for a long time and so ready to leave this place for more of a positive work place it makes it hard to come to work with so much negativity and not knowing who you can trust in that place.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Hours
Hard Low paying position
Service Utility (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJApril 23, 2017
Don't work for them, management not trained properly, lack of inventory control & Big time game as far as who can do what & who will do everything that the favorite employees won't do. Unfair to new hires.
Terrible Management
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2017
The management is poor and does not care about their employees. Management is messy and shows a lot of favoritism. Employees do not work as a team because most don't want to do their job. Salary sucks compared to work needing to be done. Turn over rate is VERY high. Wouldn't recommend it.
Pros
Customers were great
Cons
Overall work place is poorly organized
Great summer job
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Groton, MAApril 20, 2017
Great staff. Close knit. Top quality food. Pretty good at pay. Takes care of its employees. Provides uniform and anything else you could possibly need. Great human resources
Loved working for Compass Group
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 20, 2017
I loved working for Compass Group. (Eurest).
Trying my best work for them again. This time I will retire from Compass Group. One of the best companies that i ever worked for.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Not still working there
Work Rate
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  West Point, PAApril 20, 2017
Very fluid work rate and good working relationship with othe units and managers.

A lot of standards and information is ready available to assist in day to day operations.
Pros
Close to home
Management is horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 19, 2017
Management is very rude and treats you like garbage. Coworkers are nice and fun. The jobs they have you do are pretty easy for the pay you get. The workplace is decent.
Pros
Coworkers
inequality, lack of training
Baker (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 18, 2017
Problems are not often fixed but rather people get tired of asking for things to be fixed. The customers are often rude. Frequently I was thrown into doing other jobs that I was not trained for and received no training for. I was not supplied with safety equipment IE a cutting glove, and was fired for not wearing one. Hard workers and rewarded with more work and those who are slower workers get away with doing little, leaving it to everyone else to pick up the slack. Often people would be written up for offenses while staff members got away with this same offenses regularly. They will say "this is how its supposed to be" and it will be, and then once they are gone it will revert back to how it was.
Pros
free meal
Cons
lack of training, apathetic staff heads, inequality amugst the staff
Very Fun place to be
Starbucks (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 17, 2017
I absolutely love working at Starbucks as a barista. So much diversity and wonderful people you will meet during your time there. I love the people I work with and my reliable manager. She is absolutely amazing and understandable.
Pros
Free lunch
Not a place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILApril 17, 2017
I would not recommend this job to my worse enemy! The management is poor and do not solve problems. They would rather forget it and carry on. People are very clique-ish and if you are not in they you will have a hard time.
They don't train you properly. They just throw you on a line and expect you to wing it, but if you do do something wrong watch out!
They expect more out of the employees that actually work and that is quite stressful! Seeing other co-workers not doing anything, laying their head down, or checking their phones makes you not want to be there at all.
Pay is terrible for the work and so are the benifits!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Co-workers, management, training
Company is good, my manager was not
Learning Center Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2017
The company itself is actually a good company. My manager and team lead, however, were manipulative and rude. When I complained, I was told that I needed to just grown a thicker skin and move on.
Slave Plantation
Driver (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 13, 2017
Worst management,Very Unprofessional,Drivers are completely under paid and hold all responsibility. 500 dollar bi-weekly checks, mostly convicted cons if not all.BEWARE
Pros
Shift
Cons
BEWARE Don't go here.
good place to work
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAApril 12, 2017
A great place to work, you can play ping pong or on the wii anytime you want as long as your work is caught up.Every year there's a company picnic somewhere that you can bring your family. Managers door is always open to discuss anything.
Pros
BBQ's, breakfasts
Cons
health care could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval