Compass Group Employee Reviews

Do not work here!!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lexington-Fayette, KYJuly 7, 2017
You will not enjoy working for this company. The higher ups only care about themselves. You will not receive any support from upper management. They stay short staffed and will ask you to work double shifts. HR department is incompetent and never available to talk to you. Any complaints you may have will go in one ear and out the other. These people do not care about their employee's at all. Some of the worst managers I will have ever worked for. I honestly don't know how they stay in business. If I was a hospital I would hire my own staff. Trust me , stay away from this company!
stressful hours
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2017
long hours of work and sacrifice for little money, i learned that in this company every man for it self, management mostly cared about them self, union workers are too lazy , hardest part of the job was making sure union workers were working, most enjoyable part of the job clocking out.
Pros
Cons
no breaks
Over packed work environment with little pointers.
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2017
I was new to the position and was thrown into task that I had no understanding of with little supervision. Also made to do so many other task it was hard to focus on your main job. I was also left with a woman who couldn't speak english I'm a very patient person but how can I learn from someone who can't explain to me or I couldn't understand what she is asking of me.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours on feet, Teenagers, Little advice and supervision
Great COmpany
Dietary Lead (Former Employee) –  North Vernon, INJuly 6, 2017
This company is willing to help you grow in your field. Everyone was friendly and willing to help. The director is wonderful, she continues to help me advance.
Pros
THe growth possibilities
Cons
THere aren't any
Fast Paced
Multi-Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 6, 2017
"Fast-paced, high-intensity work environment." Work hard, play hard a busy, challenging, and exciting work environment. At the same time, though not headed for a pedal-to-the-metal kind of place with the dreaded whiplash of high stress. Working hard—but you also making sure the definition of “working hard” aligns with the company’s.
Pros
Fast Paced
Cons
Non stop, make sure in alignment with companies goals
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hempstead, NYJuly 3, 2017
I like working with the company I like working with the people the managers are very understanding. They are cooperative and hours are flexible , the job is very easy.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Hours cut
All work no pay
Cafe Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2017
From my 4 years working for the company they promise you everything you ever wanted only to not give you any of it. You technically do more than just what you were hired to do. Management is atrocious, although there are a few good ones sprinkled in with all the bad ones. You get a 30 cent raise every year (if you're lucky).
Pros
Easy work and discounted food
Cons
Managers are bad, bad raises, do others jobs and get nothing for it.
Mangement team is terrible
Baker (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 28, 2017
They training is given by 5 people that all do it differently the head chef is rude n direspectful...that does not know how to talk to.people..if you are not.liked by him you get less hours.You have been warned
Pros
Non
Great work enviorment
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 28, 2017
In all it's a good experience working with alot of entertaining and great people. They help you out when your in need and are great and excellent leaders among themselves
management team very friendly
Sr. Director of Dining Services (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 28, 2017
always busy the work load could be a bit much at times. the hardest part of the job is long hours and no continuous weeks with out breaks. The most enjoyable part of my job is my staff and my customers. the hardest part is that the work load is sometimes over whelming
Pros
free lunch
Armont - Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NYJune 27, 2017
Working and learning from chefs as well as other employees to do what's right as well as have fun with what you're doing. All in all great work experience to help you move faster.
Increible experiencia y escueka
Cooker (Former Employee) –  Puerto RicoJune 26, 2017
Aprendes,se trabaja en equipo buenos beneficios,fue un placer trabajar con ellos
Pros
Seguro medico vacaciones fibes de semanas libres y bono de navidad
Sr. Business Analyst/Functional Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2017
The organization is a great place to work. However sometimes the definition of the role was not as clearly defined as I would have like it to have been for growing with the company.
Its alright, if you don't mind constant stress
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Winslow, AZJune 23, 2017
Though this company provided me with a lot of skills, the management is what ultimately drove me away. We were expected to do too much without any real incentive.
Pros
Free meals, friendly co-workers
Cons
Management, lack of appreciation
Good Place to work but overnight was rough.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 23, 2017
It was a good place to work but there where some problems with payment such as me never getting the raise that was promised after agreeing to take on more responsibilities. Also sorry for poor grammar.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Problems with management
customer satisfaction
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Mercer Island, WAJune 22, 2017
productive and fun workplace preparation food,sale,dishwasher,workplace,injoiable rart of the job schedules time off in advance begins working on time
Good hours, strict management
Front of House Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJune 22, 2017
Compass Group provides you with decent pay and a good work/life balance. Management is very particular and can be stressful to deal with at times. Overall Compass will improve your skills in management but culinary training is limited.
Best place to work
STUDENT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 22, 2017
Friendly environment with diversity.
Good salary.
Organised management.
Non-stressful work.
Quality services.
Concerns about health issues.
Eco friendly materials and products.
Horribly ran
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 22, 2017
I started here and two weeks later three people quit the management team here is horrible the boss plays favorites but says he doesn't and when you go to him nothing is done his favorites do nothing but sit in his office all day while everyone else picks up the slack and when they do clean they say they can't do rooms because they have cramps this company is not ran well constant schedule changes and no one knows anything
Pros
Discounted lunches and some great people in other departments
Cons
Management and pay
Spineless Company
Route Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, MIJune 21, 2017
The knowledge of the job isn't hard to comprehend, takes some time to learn - the work is physically demanding (was, there's a new system in place) and hours are long if you do b.s.-service for them that also makes you look and appear less than human to their "customers" who has this company held by their male counter parts.

This company cannot be trusted as they lied about my layoff - yes, I knew along about you guy's and what you and the company were up to; your reasoning and excuse for letting me and one other person go was not a good cover story.

So, if you like to work long unnecessary hours and be treated like a slave to almost half of their customer accounts - this job is for you but, don't expect to be there long. If you are a realist and honest hardworking person who knows where the line draws with you and customer relations and taking a stand - this job isn't for you.

Note to Company*

For the work you want your driver's to do and to retain good valuable driver's/workers, give them a raise in their poor commission and adhere to their information, knowledge and ideas for they are the one's out there in the field engaging with the customers.
Pros
Meeting great people who give you respect when do the work with dignity
Cons
Management is in it for themselves and no backbone to the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval