Compass Group Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working with the associates
Assistant Director of Dining Services (Former Employee) –  Indianola, IAJune 9, 2016
There was never a work- life balance. In the 4 years I worked for this company, there were 18 different managers. There were a couple good ones that valued the associates but most generally they only looked for what you did wrong. They never had a positive attitude. Never got the training you need to do your job correctly. I was even asked by the General Manager of I knew how to do a task that I want qualified for and when I told him no, he said "Yeah, me either" . You have to work your tail off to even be considered for a promotion and the only reason you finally get it is because no- one else wanted it or applied for it. When the company lost the contract, they did not notify the employees. Instead we heard it from the students. The turn over rate is extremely high and I had to cover many positions. Therfore I worked 6 and sometimes 7 days a week to cover the many call ins. Being a salaried manager isn't worth the hassel you go through, especially from upper management. I notice how everyone else gets free meals, we were limited on what we could eat for our lunch unless we paid for it.
Pros
Insurance- i guess
Cons
Over worked- under paid. Very high stress level
A place where you can have a good time working and being professional at the same time
Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 5, 2016
I have learn a lot with them and I recommend them to anyone who is looking for a good place to work with some awesome co-workers
Pros
Flexible times
Cons
short staff
Long hours!!!
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Frackville, PAJune 3, 2016
Can't really say that much, as two weeks in to this job, I knew it wasn't for me. Very long hours for mediocre pay. After 5 weeks I ended up going back to my previous job.
Excellent
Team Lead/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, FLJune 3, 2016
A fantastic company to work for. It is a great place for those looking to move into higher management. Highly recommend them.
never work for compass
Dining Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2016
worst company ever. lies about everything. management is dazed and confused. food horrible. unsanitary kitchen . employees steal management does nothing. bad workers praised good employees stomped on.
Eurest at the Boeing Plant North Charleston, SC
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMay 28, 2016
Terrible place to work.......work you like a slave
Management was nonexistent
The food was terrible
Cook's don't flush the toilet after using it.
Don't get paid properly for overtime
The dish room is smelly, nasty full with fruit flies
The fountain drinks and salad bar has fruit flies flying around it.
It's a revolving door for employee......it's not worth it.....
They provide uniforms.....but you may or may not get it
I feel for the Boeing employees who have to eat the food at the "Hub"
Pros
Benefits are awesome.....but not worth it
Cons
Everything you could think off....not a good place to work
Pay is decent until you realize how many hours you're working.
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 22, 2016
I worked for this company for 10+ years. It started off a decent place to work and you could make decent money for not having a college degree. Then a few years later "higher ups" started making change after change to "better" the company. They ended up making the route drivers job harder and longer and most drivers pay actually decreased. The job has a way of keeping you there because you feel like your making a lot of money till you realize your working 50-60 hrs a week and 6 days a week. I finally got smart and left. It was one of the best decisions I've made in my life. My last few years working for the company were miserable and everyone that I know that's left are glad that they did. If you're thinking about working here, do yourself a favor and DON'T DO IT.
Pros
Co-workers, you work independently
Cons
Everything else you can think of
Very good first step in culinary career
First Cook (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMay 22, 2016
Worked with FLik and they dealt with scratch cooking. Everything was fresh and they encouraged creative cooking. They also have a good mentoring program.
Enlightening Environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 19, 2016
During my time at Compass Group I learned customer service skills that I carry with me now. The patience I learned during my time there is invaluable.
Was dedicated to this job for almost 30 years
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Blountville, TNMay 19, 2016
i worked almost 30 years for this company. i started out as a route man and moved in to supervision several years later., It was a very physical job and i abused my body for many years leading me to find something else that i could be more of an asset with my mind and ability to problem solve versus 12 to 14 hours on a route truck training new people, filling in for vacations or running the route due to someone quitting. This is a very demanding job and the turn over for route personnel was quite high.
Pros
dependable job, good benefits
Cons
changes in upper management, physically too demanding after all the years ive worked this job
Great Company
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 11, 2016
great company but lost contract to Sodexo. Would have stayed with this company for remainder of career if the opportunity would have still been there.
Pros
hospital, staff, patients, customers
Cons
compensation
No room for advancement
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2016
Overall the company offers good pay,if u are lucky enough and u find a good manager is gonna give raise quick ...they mostly don't care about you,only about the job be done,i used to worked in compass in Exxon Mobile Campus ,a lot of stress and some managers are really nasty ,human resources don't help ,they take the complaint and that's it!!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Super short brakes
The worst!!!
Employee (Current Employee) –  AnywhereMay 8, 2016
The worse experience of my life, hands down. Everything about this company sucks, the people, management, everything!! Unless you like working 12 hours a day and keeping a stupid smile on your face, stay away, I am not lying.
Great pay
Retail Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 6, 2016
Long working hours. Great co workers and perks. It was a while ago, so I do not remember much about the company. Management would not always clearly communicate.
happy
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCMay 4, 2016
ut I do miss that line cook who says, "I will do anything. I will be here. I won't question. ... It's the same thing with being a cook.
new
Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2016
Yes, line cooks are incredibly hard workers, but they are also artists who have an opportunity each and every day to paint on the plate
Terrible Company to work for
Barista (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 30, 2016
The company offers no room for advancement if you're a part of the minority. The pay is mediocre. The turnover is extremely high.
Pros
Cons
Pay, advancement
Continual Learning Experience
Lead Industrial Painter (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 22, 2016
This company allowed me to expand into appraising projects, and crew management. This is definitely a company I would highly recommend.
Pros
High standards maintained
Cons
No benefits
Reliable, Stable
Executive Chef. Food Service Director (Current Employee) –  CTApril 20, 2016
Compass is a huge international company, well organized and a great alternative to the restaurant industry. I have had a good time and learned a lot. Senior Management is great. Can move around throughout the companies associated with compass.
Pros
Competative Pay/ Benifits
Cons
NA
Amazing company to work for
Chef in Training (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXApril 16, 2016
I loved my time with Compass Group. I was taught how to do my job and everything was explained if I didn't understand. They truly care about the employee and if the employee is liking their job. They offer additional training and classes that they pay for of your choice. They had respect for the customer not only to their faces but behind their backs as well. Very top notch place to work. I would work there again in a heartbeat!!
Pros
Curtious, Kind, Informative, Hardworking supervisors
Cons
Hardwork