Compass Group Employee Reviews

It was fun to work with my coworkers. We all got along , hey good times with each other it was a very busy please and I learned a lot from them
Unit Lead (Current Employee) –  Galloway,njMarch 29, 2017
It was a seasonal job I enjoy the company . It was a phase please business very busy especially on the weekends . It was a very experienced job for the two summers our work is show me a lot of things to encourage me to do more cooking .
Fun, growth & very friendly!
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
Compass Group has been with me since my first job, and they have given me the tools to grow and keep growing! Did not expect to where I am today if it wasn't for them, BIG THANK YOU!!!!
i won't to work at kansas city zoo
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 28, 2017
I won't to work at the kansas city zoo because that a good job for me and they need help with stuff and i love to work at the zoo and if i need help i'm ask people around me to help me.
Pros
I will work here.
Cons
i'm have a short break.
no comment
None (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2017
Lots of promises but they do no ever happen, it is difficult to move to other positions. No one really cares they talk a big game but don't work with you it is all who you know.
ambiente grato
Encargada de Bodega (Former Employee) –  bodegaMarch 27, 2017
El típico día comienza con la entrega de insumos

aprendí bastante como trabajar bajo presión, tolerancia y paciencia con mis compañeros y otros.

Gerencia o dirección muy ocupados

bastantes amenos mis colegas

Tener que desarrollar tareas sin los insumos o materiales de trabajo

El poder desarrollarme como trabajadora en varios campos y ser útil en toda ocasión
Where a kid can be a kid!
Lunch Aide Attendant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMarch 27, 2017
Working with school age children was one of my most rewarding jobs in my life whether serving them their lunches cleaning and directing them to do the same to playground activities I enjoyed this job.
Pros
I love the innocence of kids! Presently i have 10 grandchildren, Got to love them!
Cons
Kids have bad days! And I just dealt with it (in caps).
Workplace Cuture
Treasury Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 26, 2017
Compass Group is well-known for their culture environment. The individuals I work with are well-rounded and give great advise. Everyone is involved and works together as a team to get tasks completed. Compass Group has grown and challenged me in many aspects.
Pros
Great work environment, flexible schedule
Its ok
Server (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 26, 2017
The work place enviornment ranges greatly depending upon which area and place you work, over all its a rather simple job that they simply insit on making convoluted. The management is very helpful and willing to work with their employees for the most part. Most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction you have with people from all walks of life. However their standards and ways they go about with the pay leave alot to be desired, long term working for this company is not a ideal thing.
Pros
free meals
Cons
healthcare, raises
management needs improvement
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 25, 2017
I enjoy my work and my coworkers, but the management needs work. Lots of favoritism and super disorganized in everything they do. The hours are perfect, which is why most people stay despite being unhappy with their jobs overall.
Pros
Good meal plan, fun environment
Cons
Pay, management, lack of passion in higher ups.
Housekeeping
Housekeeping tech (Current Employee) –  Weatherford, TXMarch 23, 2017
Overall, I love my job, it is a great place to work and a fun workplace . I would recommend this place to work for anyone that wants and needs a job.
Pros
I enjoy where I am working at.
Cons
short staffed
Working with customer and emplo
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 23, 2017
I like the company good to work with and good benefits and the manager is good people to deal with! The employee are good we apply for one position and could get chance to learn other skill to progree in your job
Pros
The provide us with $14.00 to spent only in food
Very productive learn new things everyday. Meeting awesome people to work with.
Caering and line worker (Current Employee) –  I am currently in Middleton pa.March 23, 2017
Canteen wasvery new to me when i joined them. I didnt know,a,thing about catering they were very patient as,i learned and grew. Also i work on the assembly line
Preping our line of sandwiches for our vending machines. And i love working with our teams. Great environment to work in.
I plan on relocating back to RI. And,would love to stay with Compass.
Pros
Every quarter. We get bonus. Safety incentives every 3 months.
Cons
There are a no nonsense supervisors are very stern .
Bayer, whippany location has cancerous environment
Worker (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJMarch 22, 2017
Hours are great, benefits of course it's corporate.
The whippany nj Bayer location has/had a horrible management team, clueless group who spoke down to staff. Mainly the GM she had zero people skills, and constantly threatened jobs literally screaming at people. You can't respect that, most people there couldn't leave for whatever reason needed the cash or benefits. Anyone with any self respect wouldn't stay there. In cooking you can work anywhere, jobs are everywhere. Most of the staff was uneducated in culinary literally there for a paycheck or there benefits. Maybe those people in charge aren't there anymore, don't know
Pros
Hours, benefits
Cons
Environment, leadership you cant really call them that
Fast Paced and Disorganized Leadership
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 21, 2017
Great experiences in professional growth. Like all large companies, communication and leadership are vague and confused in what direction our vision/culture. Senior Leadership personal goals/advancements are the priority for your advancement and the more you assist them, the better off you will be. Get them the wins and you will be rewarded. Do not relax because someone will be right behind you to take your position- as stated by Senior Leadership-" You are replaceable". If you like to go thru the paces and define insanity daily, then this is your place of employment. Work life balance is good, and the majority of the employees are hard working individuals who care about their jobs and the customers they service daily.
Good place to build relationships with people
Utility Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Corvallis, ORMarch 19, 2017
You see almost the same customers everyday, Hewlett-Packard employees, and you get to know them and become well acquainted with them and able to talk in a very personable manner as well. It's the most enjoyable part of the job and making sure they are satisfied and treated well

As a Front of the House worker for the cafeteria, I have to understand, and work alongside, each department in the kitchen works and provides its food and who is responsible. Communication and time management is important.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Occasionally understaffed, unable to complete all the tasks you wanted to do
Chef (Current Employee) –  CTMarch 19, 2017
good place to work, enjoyable work, good benefits, lots of advancement, would recommend working for this company, lots of potential at this company, most do enjoy working for Compass
Fun
Chef (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 17, 2017
There was never a dull day at work. We always had fun and really worked as a team. We all became a family. One of the best places I have worked. Learned my way around a kitchen which has helped me in many ways today.
Fun and interesting place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 16, 2017
A typical day for me at my job is to come in stock the express station with all the items I need to start my day. brew coffee count my draw with my supervisor and open café express. I sit and wait for customers who aren't eating in the main café and want something to snack on. Some days are very busy and some there's no business for me at all. All depends on the weather our café is in a place where its both a museum and a garden
Pros
Beautiful gardens to see, Nice people to work with and for
Cons
No room for advancement
Good bussiness ethics
Lead Cook (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMarch 15, 2017
A great place for career. A safe, creative dining experience, and educational environment . I learned more about food, and food safety than elsewhere .
Pros
great hours
Cons
slow advancement
Workplace Culture
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 14, 2017
A hard working staff that worked as a unit to get the job done. Produce quality of food with high volume production a while, enjoying the kitchen culture.
Pros
Good working schedule.
Cons
Slow in promotion of positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.