Compass Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Has potential to be a productive work environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 18, 2017
The company itself has good benefits and has potential to be a great work environment. The problem the company has was with the management itself, they do not value their employees and provide no room for advancement.
Co-workers
Steward Physician's Network (Current Employee) –  E Bridgewater, MASeptember 16, 2017
My Co-workers and my self have a high work ethic and work very well with each other. We are willing to help each other even if the work is nothing related to our own duties.
Pros
Nice office
Cons
No Breaks
Great company!
Social Media Analyst (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 12, 2017
Compass is a great company that values its employees. I am a freelancer so I do not get to experience all of the rewards of being a full-time employee, but my experience has been positive.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No room for advancement since I am a freelancer.
great workplace
Sales/Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montecito, CAAugust 3, 2017
Compass is a great brokerage. the atmosphere and people there are awesome. high tech, cutting edge, much better than other brokerages in the santa barbara area.
Compass is a good place but do not offer insurance
DSP (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2017
Compass is a nice company that i would prefer someone if have insurance outside.The company is well staffed and provides the necessary requirements which enables the job to learn smoothly.
Pros
extra hours if needed
Cons
no insurance
Cool
Transaction Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 15, 2017
I really liked my manager. That's about it. The real estate industry there is a bit of politicking that one needs to master in order to flourish. The money is OK.
good
Chef (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 1, 2017
typical day was good at compass. Lot of catering on a daily basis. Work environment was good. Love the kitchen, state of the art kitchen. Staffing crew was good but upper management could have been better with employees. Promotions should be more available to staff.
Pros
working hours
Cons
upper management could be less stressful
Compass has more negatives than positives
Flight Attendant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 15, 2017
Compass has a culture of "everyone except the pilots are expendable" there is a really negative outlook towards management and its hard to tell if its just bitter employees or management does very little to help the employees do their jobs better.
Need to improve the pay
Dishwasher/Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 17, 2017
I was hired in January and was trained for 5 areas. When the reviews for the pay upgrade came they tested me in the area that I was just trained in the day before. They gave 3's even to the people that did the tasks to the tee so no one got the raise that worked so hard for.
Cons
Management, pay, organization
It was Great
Late Night Fry Cook (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 24, 2017
This experience was great. Compass have some very skilled people work for them. I will love to work for Compass. Work for them you can learn a lot. The chef's are great.
Great Coworkers
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2017
Management team ok I feel some things could be handle differently. I enjoyed the coworkers I worked with, I feel more help is needed for the amount of work that is needed to be done but overall I enjoy myself
Pros
free lunch and weekends off
Cons
pay not all that good no room for moving up
getting started
Executive secretary (Former Employee) –  cairoApril 21, 2017
was great chance but not so long get to learn a lot and deal with customers different managers lots of colleges was good chance to get started with work life
great place
food service worker (Former Employee) –  Radford, VAMarch 28, 2017
easy to work for very understandable with your personal and work life very easy work if you did your job you extra rewards very small property wish i was still there
Supportive management, ability to set my own schedule, room for advancement.
Registered Behavioral Technician/Clinician (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 20, 2017
What I have learned at this job is how to take accurate data. Each month we have a group meeting where we share ideas and have a speaker who goes over a different ABA subject for review. There is a great deal of support and the atmosphere is friendly and extremely cohesive.
Pros
During trainings, food is provided. We are also paid for any training we attend.
Cons
Difficulty obtaining new clients.
Stressful but competitive
Family Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAMarch 14, 2017
Working thru DCF was very challenging and personal. Cases are different and families as well. But it was a nice place to work to help ppl in need teach a different lesson to each and every day of COMPASS workers :)
Pros
You learn more that what you think
Cons
sad cases/ pay
Really nice environment, nice people, and you're doing good things.
Assistant Informational Technology (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 10, 2017
I've known the people there for as long as I've been alive, and I felt lucky to get to wake up and go to work for Compass. Was productive and fun to work, and it seemed like everyone else felt the same.
Pros
Friendly, familial environment
they were all business. management needed to appreciate their employees more.
intake and addiction nurse (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 3, 2017
I worked for COMPASS for almost 6 years in that time I advanced from staff nurse to full time day nurse. They were an o.k company to work for, I enjoyed my job and I was good at it. When I left they were trying to get a union in there to help the employees. There was alot of tension between the staff and upper management.
Pros
good pay, excellent benefit package
Cons
no job security
Chef Manager
Chef Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAFebruary 1, 2017
Covered all aspects of the kitchen from menues to staffing to food production to catering and marketing. Did all the ordering and food safety training.
Productive and fun place to work
Real Estate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CA.December 13, 2016
The marketing staff and administrative staff give so much support to each of the agents. Helping each agent's business very carefully and personally. Specific to their needs and goals.
Pros
Around the clock support from marketing staff and administration.
Cons
Parking. Not enough space for employees to park.
Productive and fun work place
Child Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Canyon Lake, TXNovember 26, 2016
working with compass group through the school district was amazing. I loved working with my crew members and management, the times worked matched my kids schedule. Off at a decent time during the work week and off all weekends and holidays.
Pros
free meals
Cons
short breaks and healthcare was to expensive