COMPASS

COMPASS Employer Reviews

Compass Self Storage
Manager (Former Employee), MichiganSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: bonus' and and many earned restaurant gift cards
Cons: no insurance
A great company to work for with unlimited bonus potential. They treat their employees very well. Even the owner is very involved with all his employees. A+++ place to work for
Exciting and rewarding helping business owners achieve more
Director (Current Employee), Lisle, ILSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: personal fulfillment and control of income
Cons: sales can be slow at certain times of year
Have enjoyed making calls on clients and potential clients each day to discuss their business strategies. Have had several peer mentoring groups that met weekly to discuss their challenges and share solutions.
Retail/Customer Service and Cashier
PROCTER AND GAMBLE CONTRACTOR (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 28, 2014
Pros: close to my home
Cons: the lay off
On a typical day I would work in three different places of the Proctor & Gamble building downtown Cincinnati. I worked in two different cafeteria's as well as opening and closing the C store. I loved working with my co workers. The hardest part of my job was getting laid off due to cost. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people from – more... all over the world. – less
Employee
Cook (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJuly 24, 2014
Pros: great friendly people to work with
Cons: they say you will get one wage when hired in. but you wont get it, and be lucky if you get a raise too
Its alright not the worst job. Some people can be rude, and say nasty thing to you. Human resources is rude, nasty and the chefs can be rude and nasty. Everything office related takes them forever to get done, weeks, months, maybe years. Hardley any ahead a time notice as to what happening. Poor organization of schedule related events.
Great work for Great Results
Assistant Chef (Former Employee), Towson, MDJuly 19, 2014
Meet a lot of hard working employees and learned a lot about the food and serving industries. Great learning experience and very rewarding.
Thoroughly enjoy serving as a healthcare consultant
Healthcare Consultant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 1, 2014
Love what I do. The only drawback is the inconsistency of work assignments. Would like to perform two (2) mock surveys per month and so far, that is not occurring consistently.
Great residents and helpful staff
Lead Server (Current Employee), Duarte, CAJune 26, 2014
Pros: since i work in the kitchen we are able to make our own food.
Cons: long hours, and work 6 days a week at tmes.
A typical day at work is interacting with all the residents regarding how they are please with the service I provide them with and anything I or my staff can improve regarding food and service. I learned lots of patients and active listening and excellent customer service, skills performed with not only with the residents but also with all staff including – more... all in other departments. I have a small team but we all work very well together. I have developed a strong relationship with every management person and my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is managing the dining room during the hours of operations and also have other events going on at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my job is the serving all the residents. I am fortunate to hear about their live stories. – less
My Compass Experience
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2014
Pros: nice supportive environment
Cons: this was only a seasonal position
I really enjoyed working on campus & interacting with the customers. The customers were typically nice & the staff was supportive, understanding, & appreciative.
Productive and Intense place of work
Internship Student (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 10, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: my internship went by quick!
The reason I say intense place of work is because I was working with students that had very serious behavior issues/disorders that needed to be fixed which is why they were at Compass. A typical day at my internship was making copies, making sure all the students were taken care of with any help they need in the classroom, and giving any other aid to – more... the teacher that was needed. My co-workers and management were very helpful with any questions that I had. The hardest part of the job was trying not to take home the issues that occurred in the student's lives.You had to find a healthy balance which a times was tough. I think the most enjoyable part of my internship was knowing that I made a difference in a students day. – less
Productive Organization
UNIT DIRECTOR of FACILITIES (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 8, 2014
A solid organization with excellent customer services. The management structure is provides support and leadership. A friendly work environment.
Clinical Dietitian
Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMay 12, 2014
Works on an infectious disease floor and assesses patients with complex disease state and wound infections. Works on telemetry floor as well.
I LOVE THEM
Manager for hawkers and manager at smoking petes (Former Employee), ivor wynee stadiumMay 7, 2014
if ivor wynne was still around i would still be with there best job ever and it was nice having so much responsibilty
Good workplace
Editorial Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCMay 5, 2014
A typical day consists of many different tasks. I juggle leading my team and working across several different departments within my company as well as outside with multiple other businesses.

I have learned that in management you are constantly being challenged and learning! I work with an exceptional group of people, they inspire and challenge me on – more... a daily basis.

I think managing people can present several different challenges but it's important to turn those challenges into opportunities that will ultimately strengthen my team and be beneficial for our company.

The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I have a hand at creating a better user experience for millions of customer every day. – less
It seems really ironic that a company would decrease pay of any of its poor employees(night shift) in these dire straits.
Lead Community Counselor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 7, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: communication with employees never gets better these days til its too late.
The co-workers were great for the most part and a few lasting friendships have been developed.
The hardest part to the job was the way employees don't seem to matter in Corporate America anymore! THE HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS!!!
Best experience in food service
Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 6, 2014
Compass as diverse as they are has many outlets to explore and created an atmosphere worth exploring.
Fun working with the people
Cashier (Former Employee), Duluth, GAApril 1, 2014
Pros: the food
Cons: short breaks
It was fun working with the people and eating the food. I wish they paid more and more breaks
Very Unsafe
Equipment Operator (Former Employee), George West, TXMarch 24, 2014
Pros: i got to travel
Cons: just wasnt a great place to work
The jobsites were very unsafe and the management micromanaged everything that was done there..
KOSIER FOODS
CATER (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTMarch 20, 2014
Pros: the free lunch and season bonus and the benifits
Cons: short breaks and you have to know never mix cheese with meats
I WORKED IN THE DELI AND MOSTLY THE BAKERY. DELI YOU HAVE TO TAKE CUSTOMERS ORDERS AND SLICE MEATS,
CHESSES, AND PRECOOKED FOODS.

BAKERY TAKE IN STORE AND OUT STORE ORDERS. PACKAGE BAKED GOODS.
LIKE COOKIES,BROWNIES,CAKES PIES, BAGELS AND BREADS
Great place, great ppl
Store Manager/Company Store Team Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 15, 2014
Great place to work. I had fun and learned a lot while I was there. Unfortunately, the company we were contracted to work for, sold the locations where i was employed
I trained people who wanted to own their own business
Technical Support/Trainer (Former Employee), Fenton, MOFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: it was fast pased
Cons: working with government agencies was problematic at times
I trained potential owners (on site and via phone) on the software they purchased which filed medical claims. I also handled technical support on the software, hardware and some government requirement supporting the medical claims.

1 2 3 4 5